Nothing ever came from a life that was a simple one

- Coaxoch

POSTED: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:10 pm

WC: 494

From the very beginning, Jaketta was warned about the malice that resided within the thistle kingdom. Her mother had warned her, watch her back, don't let others in too easily. Elphaba spoke of Salsola like a great beast, one that could never be tamed but could be appeased at times. The blood and gold witch was a fool to have thought herself impervious to the devious nature of the pack she called home. Yes, she'd had her touches of fear, but nothing had harmed her yet. She had been lucky to avoid getting stuck in the muck that came with trust and faith in others.

Until now.

Within the beast, ran a vast collection of veins that carried information from one essential member to the other. It was impossible for information to not spread like wildfire. Much of the knowledge she now had came from the lips of the Dragoness, during their talks and trade of gossip. This though, this information had been collected by accident and Jaketta wished she had not heard it.

There was a day, in the forest, when a strange male came to her just when she'd asked, like a sign from the gods. At that moment, he had became her target, her goal for the future. In order to obtain true nobility, she would need someone at her side. He was that someone. A spell had been cast and a potion given, rather dared to be consumed. The challenge had been accepted. She thought it was a success, but having learned what she learned today Jaketta was beginning to doubt her power.

The young witch stormed through the Blackwoods. Demons whispered suggestions and agreements in her ears as she walked through. The negative energy clung to her like the snow to the ground. She was furious, so much so that she'd left the tower without her cloak to shield her from the cold. Although it bit like a famished monster at her skin, she could not feel it through this fit of rage. Her hands were balled into fists as she walked past the many trees and dark spirits that inhabited these woods. When she reached his home she came to stand before its entrance, her nose wrinkled in an unsightly manner. Her breath shook with uncertainty, uncertainty that she should be here in this...state. She wasn't going to leave though. No.

Instead, the witch took a deep breath. Her fingers slowly uncurled themselves from the tight balls they'd been in. Her hackles smoothed as did the wrinkles on her nose. What replaced all this was a sweet grin. It was as if nothing had disgruntled her in the first place. One feminine hand rose to wrap on the wall of his home, to alert him to her presence here. Coaxoch? Are you in? Her voice rain sweetly like a melodic door bell, one that she was sure he would answer to.
Last edited by Jaketta Nocturne on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Sami
Luperci Witch Nocturne Family: The Untamed Heart
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:50 pm

OOC - bleepbloop coax is oblivious. WC: 658

I can't hold on much longer

It had been some time since he had thought about the pack around him and how they would have been talking about the beasts who were birthed in the Blackwoods. He was so far away from the core of Salsola, he sometimes did not realize that the ripple would make it back to them in time. He knew that Elphaba knew of the fate of the woman, but she had yet to come back and check on them for some time. It had been even longer since he had thought of the potion he had taken from that girl. It didn't seem to bring him good luck nor bad, so he simply assumed that her magic was just faulty. It made sense though, she was young and sometimes if there was any sort of interruption to the spell, it would simply not work, or worse. Still, he had little time to think of the girl and her silly little potions. He merely still mourned for his failures while he raised his children, and tried to balance a healthy relationship with the male he shared his home with.

While he had told the children to call Sebastien "father" as well, it had mostly been out of necessity. He wanted for the children to forget about having a mother, and Sebastien fit well into their life as a secondary father, so it seemed like they merely were the byproduct of two fathers instead of them being bastards. While Coaxoch did not feel like he felt any deeper feelings for Sebastien, he tried make it seem like they were a couple more so than not, but Coaxoch simply was not as affectionate as most would have thought. Maybe Faith was lucky in this sense, for she might not have felt so loved if they had really become married and mother and father to these two children.

He was not expecting anyone for the afternoon, and the children had been taken out with Dahlia for the afternoon. He had spent his day relaxing, though it still was hard for him, to not be in "dad-mode" the entire time. He sighed lightly as he laid flat on his bed, looking up at the ceiling as the whispers of the spirits had graced his ears. He often forgot about them until it was night time, or unless there wasn't the giggling of the children in the church they called 'home'. They were annoying, the whispers, and it kept him awake for some time before he heard a rap at the front door. Coaxoch pushed himself from the bed with a sigh, and as he walked to door, he straightened his loincloth and then his hand went to mess with his hair, pushing it to and fro until it sat in a comfortable position where he was used to.

He opened the door and looked upon the visitor, and he cocked his head lightly at the sight he was greeted with. " Jak? I haven't seen you in awhile, what's up?" he asked as a bright smile came across his maw and he stepped aside to motion for her to come in. "You don't have a coat on, please come in, you must be very cold." he told her when he had realized she was not wearing a coat. Her fur was much too short to be out in the winter cold like she was. He hoped that everything was okay with her. "Are you okay?" he asked with a concerned tone as he waited for her to come past him. Once she would come in, he would easily close the door behind her and move to get her something to wrap up in. He had been lucky with his genetics to receive the longer fur from his parents, but he still sometimes suffered, so he couldn't even imagine what she must be feeling with her thin jackal fur.

We're drifting down to the other side

Avvie by Hydra@Souls'RPG, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:28 pm

WC: 572

The wait for Coaxoch to answer the door was agonizing. Every second she was forced to keep a smile on her face was wearing her down, slowly scratching away at an already crumbling wall. She held no pity and no sympathy for the male, despite his loss. His mind should be focused on the things that were right in front of him. What a fool. No wonder he lived out here, secluded in the Blackwoods.

Finally, she heard the sound of motion behind the door. Jaketta inhaled a sharp breath as the nerves crept in, souring her gut. She was not usually one that enjoyed confrontation and she was surely never hoping she'd find it here. Coaxoch opened the door and gazed at her, doe eyed. A stupid smile washed over his features, effortless and true. Her teeth clenched hidden behind pleasantly curled lips. As soon as he motioned for her to pass, maybe even a few seconds before that, she rushed through the door brushing past him on her way in. Trust me, I am anything but cold. Although, she did feel the chill that came with her targets blatant ignorance of the situation. How was he smiling so widely in the face of true danger?

Jaketta gallivanted around the room, letting her hands wander over all the evidence. It would take a fool to not see that pups lived here alongside their snake of a father. Her breath was becoming labored, but Jak forced somewhat even rushes of air through her nostrils. Am I okay? She questioned, turning on her heel towards Coaxoch with a wide grin on her face. Physically, yes. I am quite fine. Not cold, not ill. But, Coaxoch... Jaketta sauntered towards him, boldly reaching out to place a hand on his chest. He had no room to fight her. [i]She[/ii] was not afraid to press her rank on him, especially not after the secrets and treachery. In other ways I am not. It feels as though a dagger has tore straight through my heart. It bleeds for you, for your loss. I can't imagine the pain. The word fell from her lips, lacking the emotions the rest of her words held.

Oh how sorry I feel for your children, for Eden and Evelyn. Such beautiful children. It's such a surprise you were able to hide them away back here for so long. I had no clue. You must be so proud of them. They truly were beautiful children, children that stood in the way of her plan. Maybe, she could work them in somehow. Their mother was dead, before Jaketta even knew about the role she played in Coaxoch's life. It was a regrettable thing, because now she would be with him forever. Jaketta could no longer sour her image, nor scare her away. She was immortal. So was Jaketta, in a sense, and the Goddess would be her guide.

Jaketta sighed, a long sigh, and the smile slowly fell off her lips. How come, you didn't say anything? She questioned plainly. She could have been here. She could console him. Jaketta was very much alive, that is where Faith failed. The guilt still consumed her, because Jaketta was not a killer. Still, she couldn't help but think it was her spell that ended the woman's life and left two pups motherless. Maybe not for long though.
Last edited by Jaketta Nocturne on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:02 pm

OOC - bleepbloop coax is oblivious. WC: 748

Coaxoch had no clue what was going on with the woman. He had no clue about what the potion really was in the Blackwoods when she had given it to him. She seemed to be a bit miffed when she pushed past him and got into his domain that had been barren but children's toys scattered here and there along with the occasional warmed pelts on both the floors and pews in where each child or adult could rest. Things had been different here than they had been in other seasons, even more so when there had been no children. There were no bottles here and there, there was no potion being worked on in the kitchen, there was no weird smells in the air. It just smelt like incense, him, Sebastien, and the children. Coaxoch still did not understand what she was mad about, not one clue as she seemed to look around the place for a moment, as if she was looking for something in specific. She mentioned not being cold, and he shrugged his shoulders at her. "You sure? I can give you a cloak for your trip back home. I have some extra." he asked her, smile still bright and true on his face. His heart still held sorrow within it, one could see it if they looked deep within his bright eyes of a summer skies, but his face still held that bright and happy smile. He'd been getting better at giving this smile to others, hiding the pain with happiness, trying to move on.

His children liked to remind him often that it would be a long time til he was comfortable with talking about Faith. Eden was definitely adamant about that.

The woman suddenly became frantic as she touched the toys, the worn pelts, the evidence of his life as he had lived it, and Coaxoch stood there watching her. He furrowed his brows and his smile turned into a concerned frown as she finally had made her way back to him and pressed her hand on his broad chest. His blonde ears fell back on his head and he looked her in her bright mismatched eyes that looked like Helena's. They, too, burned with a fire that he had seen in the Dragoness' eyes previously, and he never knew what it meant, not until now. The words she spoke had an edge to them, and he wondered what this was about. He turned his bright summer eyes away from her and heaved a small sigh. "It is tragic that they do not have a mother." he spoke sadly, but he stood still as she had done the same so close to him. "I am proud of them. They have made it a long way with only me and Sebastien. I hope soon that they will become true members of Salsola." he told Jaketta, letting her know that he was proud of them, and that Sebastien had been his partner in raising them. He was not ashamed of his relationship with Sebastien, even if it was unconventional for the two males to raise children together with no romantic inclination.

"I meant not to hide them, only to protect them. They are young still, and even the Blackwoods can be dangerous. I lost my arm in these woods." he told her as he motioned lightly to his missing arm and stump that had been left in it's place. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you..I was just kinda...going through some stuff, and I needed to refocus on raising them, and picking myself up after all that had happened." he told the girl, with shame in his voice. He didn't mean to keep things from those who wanted to be friends with him within the kingdom, he just had a hard time sometimes relating to others, and Jaketta was no different.

"Before this, I had thought I had planned everything out, and once the kids were born, I thought that my life was going to be better. It was hard for me for the first few months to raise them, it felt like I was so alone... but I had Sebastien, and that's how I made it through. Everyday is still hard though" he told her, almost not knowing why he was trusting her so much with all this information. Maybe it was just nice to finally see someone else who cared for him.

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:37 pm

WC: 660

Endless skies shifted away from her as she began to speak and it was abundantly clear that she'd hit a sore topic. Never mind his feelings, what about her own? She had great things planned for the two of them. He was sent to her from the Gods to carry out her plan, to achieve all the spoils Salsola had to offer. Now, it all seemed spoiled. Still, she failed to acknowledge that maybe her spell hadn't worked, or that maybe she simply didn't use it on the right person. She was stubborn and refused to give up, not when she invested so much...heart into Coaxoch.

Which each thing she said, he had a response. He blatantly stated they didn't have a mother. The sadness he felt reflected in his voice as he spoke. Her brow subtly twitched as he mentioned Sebastien, who she knew of, but didn't know much about. He chose to raise the children with this male rather than her, the obvious choice. Still, Jaketta nodded and mimicked sympathy on her features as he spoke, brows furrowed together. His children could become true members of Salsola and would have a better chance at doing so with a proper mother. Jak gave a small smile as he spoke further about Eden and Evelyn. Jaketta removed her hand from him and bent down to pick up one of their toys. Her fingers ran over it gently, noting the amount of wear and the scent it held of the two children. She sighed.

She nodded when he mentioned the Blackwoods could be dangerous. She knew many feared these woods, even if she lacked that fear. For children, it truly was a dangerous place. Coaxoch said he lost his arm here. She was unaware of that fact and gained curiosity for that story the moment he mentioned it. Now was not the time. He apologized for not telling her, chopping it up to life in general. The more he spoke, the less angry she became. A genuine need to comfort him took place of anger and the guilt only grew. What had she done? Jak placed the toy on one of the furs and strode back to Coaxoch, standing close to him. Somewhere along the way, the mimicked sympathy in her expression became real. She wished she had been here for him through that time instead of waiting for her potion to work.

It's okay. She told him calmly, before he began to spoke about before. Her ears tore backwards for several moments as she listened and absorbed all he had to say. Again about Sebastien, who was here for him when she should have been. Things were still hard and that was her queue. Jaketta gave a long sigh and reached out to touch Coaxoch's remaining arm, smoothing her thumb along his fur. I'm so sorry all of this happened to you. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you through it. I don't know what I was thinking. I've been so focused on my magic and making a reputation for myself. I was selfish, and upset. I didn't know any of this. Guilt, twisted in her gut like a tornado, shredding her insides as the moments passed. I met Eden the other day. What a beautiful boy. You can tell how much he admires you, and Sebastien. She threw in for good measure, despite how much she despised the childrens' 'Papa'. He is going to become a true member of Salsola, no doubt. As for Evelyn I'm sure the same is in store for her. I hope to meet her someday soon. Eden said she looks a lot like you. Jak gave a light huff and a smile.

Maybe this was what she needed, to truly reach him. Maybe, this was all part of her plan. She simply hadn't seen this far ahead.
Last edited by Jaketta Nocturne on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

OOC - bleepbloop coax is oblivious. WC: 718

He had long stopped thinking about magic, about her potions, his own. While he had wanted to get his life back to normal, he simply could not risk his children getting into his poisons and potions and getting sick from them. He had moved all of his instruments for it to the shed behind the church, and it had still been months since he had touched any of it. Once upon a time he tried to focus on his work, but the children were much too needy still for all of that. Coaxoch still did not understand how Till managed to get things done in between raising not only two, but upwards for four children at once, like his current litter was. Coaxoch did not expect the woman in front of him to have put down her magic, that was her life, and he knew that. He hadn't expected her of all people to come to him to console him either, for while they were friends, he never felt so close to her.

When her head came to his chest, falling into his embrace, he felt warmth in her. He felt warmth in his chest where the cold had once been. He didn't understand this, what he was feeling, and he only let out a soft gasp when her body had connected with his own. His ears fell back on his blonde crown and he let his one arm wrap around her. He was much taller than she was, and it felt strange for a woman to hold him once more. He wanted to push her away, to get her away from him because of some primal urge to not be touched, but he didn't. He didn't understand why she had come so close to him, why she thought that this comforted him.

Had she been sent by Elphaba? How was he supposed to tell her 'no' when he craved the attention, the sympathy that she gave him? Coaxoch still did not push her away, even thought everything in him screamed that "this was a set up".

He smiled softly down to her and waved his stump as if to say "no worries" to her. "It's all over now, I'm just trying to get back to normalcy, or at least as close as I can with my kids around. I don't blame you for being consumed with your own life, as we all lead different ones here in Salsola. Don't be upset in my place, it's really okay, Jaketta." he assured her that it would be okay, even if he sometimes didn't feel like that. Jaketta had admitted to being selfish, to being upset, and he wondered what that all really meant. What did she have to be upset about? He didn't really understand where she was getting at.

She commented about meeting Eden, whom had grown much into his own, and this was not the first time he had known for the being to meet another in the pack. It was interesting, to say the least that they had met, and he wondered what kind of shenanigans they got into. He was proud of Eden though, even if he sometimes made Coaxoch frustrated and sad. "Thanks, Jak, that means a lot to me." he told the woman after she had complimented his and Sebastien's raising of the child and his sister.

"They both have been champs through everything, but I guess it's really hard to miss someone you never met, huh?" he said with a small chuckle as he let his finger mess with the ends of Jaketta's long hair absently. She was much different than Faith, this was for sure, and it was almost refreshing. "Thank you, Jak, for coming here today. I didn't know that I needed this, but it feels nice.." he told her, happy to sit in the embrace of another for only a short time. It had been a long time since someone had assured him that this would all be okay, and that he was doing the "right thing". This was all weird for him, but he welcomed it none the less.

Maybe Elphaba was right. Maybe he did need a woman to warm his bed.

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:43 pm

WC: 494

Once she was close, that was all it took for him to accept her into his embrace. His one arm was enough to hold her close as he was much larger and stronger than she. Jak rest her head on his chest. Now that the heat of anger had subsided she realized she was actually cold and his warmth was a comfort to her. She sighed slowly, relaxing into his form. The guilt from before also seemed to subside, to be replaced with sweet butterflies because he was holding her. This was more than she could have ever asked for. Slowly, a smile rolled itself out across her maw and her eyes fluttered shut as she simply enjoyed his warmth and company.

After a few moments, her eyes fluttered open to gaze up at him as he cast a warm smile down at her. She was forgiven for not being around. He was understanding as to why she wasn't as if it were really that simple. Just like that, everything seemed to become better, at least for her. The woman she would have had to worry about was gone, leaving an empty void that she could easily fill. All the madness in Coaxoch's life surely messed with the trajectory her potion must have set him on, and her faith in her own ability was now restored. No Coaxoch, none of this is okay, but it soon will be. She realized that Coaxoch must have never understood why she was so upset when she came here. He didn't seem to get it. That small thought brought a twang of uncertainty to her. Did he not acknowledge her the way she did him?

There were several paths she could take as she walked down this road. The angry part of her had begun to flare up again, but should she feed that fire when Coaxoch's touch was enough to extinguish it? If she never told him, never brought it to his attention how angry she'd really been and why, then how would he know it was wrong? Back to the fact that she was no longer a problem. Sparking an argument would only push him farther away from her. This, right now, was all she could have asked for. It was more than she'd ever received before.

I only speak the truth. She responded when he thanked her. She did have quite some faith in those two children. Coax continued to talk about them. Yeah. She agreed. The same couldn't be said for her anger. It does feel nice. I think I needed this too. If you ever want to talk about anything, remember I'm here. I want to be there for you. I can't imagine how you must feel. There was no way he was really okay, unless that woman had been a minor role in his life. Was this really enough to right this mess?
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:39 pm

OOC - bleepbloop coax is oblivious. WC: 671

She was so much smaller than he was, almost like a child compared to his much larger body. She came to him, and seemed to melt in his embrace, and he couldn't say that he didn't enjoy this, because he did. He did not want this moment to end, per say, for he enjoyed having the closeness of another body here with him, someone else who seemed to care deeply for him. He liked this feeling, the feeling of someone caring for him, but he did not feel anything past that. He did not want to bed her, and it was a sure thing that he would become tired of her presence should she encourage the sexual nature of his and Faith's relationship.

This hug lasted for a long time, and while he liked it, and he wanted it to last longer, he knew that, at some point, it was starting to feel awkward. They did not know each other as much as they might have wanted to, and this was what made the hug become awkward in his mind. She also was now a higher rank than he was, even though she was an Outsider. Or rather, she was an outsider. Now, from what he had heard, she had been apprenticing under the watchful eye of their Boss, and this made Coaxoch think that she had been sent by the Boss. He felt his fingers twist anxiously in her long hair, so different from Faith's short cropped hair. This suddenly felt...so wrong. Like someone was watching them and it felt like eyes were burning into his back. He looked down at Jaketta as he took his stump to her and made her let her embrace falter. "I hope that soon things will be okay.like you say. I trust in the Gods that they will. They...they must have punished me for sleeping with an Outsider. Maybe...maybe they will exalt me later, should I show them that I am faithful to them, to Salsola." he told her, sighing lightly as he looked at her, his eyes honest and sad.

When she said that she wanted to be there for him, he smiled softly, and his half-tail wagged lightly. "Thank you, Jak. You are very nice to offer yourself for me. I hope that I will not let you down." he told her as he smiled and nodded his head lightly. "As for you, feel free to come by any time and play with the pups! I'm sure that they would love to have someone new to play with." he told her, extending out his home and allowing her to come and play with the pups sometime. Maybe one day she could watch them while he was out on a hunt or something, rather than Dahlia always filling their heads with stories about their dead mother, whom still ripped holes in his heart.

He didn't know when he would ever heal, but it felt like it would be never, not while Dahlia was here teaching his children to ask more and more about the woman that they killed while they were born into the world.

"Their aunt has them now, but if you'd like, I can give you a cloak and we can have some lunch? You're shivering.." he told her, as he felt her body shaking gently when she was in his embrace. He wondered how she could have forgotten a cloak with as cold as it was outside and with her much shorter fur. He had stew going in the kitchen, and offered her some as an offer of hospitality. He couldn't let his Tradesman leave cold and hungry, not when she had come so far out of her way to comfort him, and to offer herself to him, should he need someone to talk to.

Maybe Elphaba was right. Maybe he did need a woman around, if only to talk to and share a meal with.

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:11 am

WC: 778

She was growing more relaxed as she leaned against Coaxoch's chest, resting her head against him and letting her weight press into him. How she took so much comfort in someone she had only met once before was irrelevant. He was the one she'd chosen, rather the Goddess had chosen, to consume her potion. It mattered little to her that he had children, although it still angered her that he never told her and she'd never met them. These were things she would need to know if she was to be a part of his life, if they were to build something grand and help one another grow. It would be impossible if there were secrets. It seemed like he got the point though, even without her having to release her rage onto him. Jak was rather glad she didn't have to make him see how upset she really was. She was not normally an angry soul.

Coax's fingers twirled in her hair. It felt nice, sending chills down her spine every so often. Is this what it felt like for someone to love you? No. Jaketta was certain it wasn't, but it mattered little. Their feelings would grow with time. The lack of momentum made her think of Bahsu, and now she needed only one night with him to know she loved him. It was only too bad he was a sour face righteous Knight. She couldn't truly be with him if he remained a Cavalier, and they only saw each other once a full moon. Jaketta only hoped that that fire would grow between she and Coaxoch. She wasn't sure if she could truly go down this path if it didn't. The young girl in her wanted passion. Love.

A small sigh whispered through her relaxed jaws quietly. Her eyes had closed somewhere along the line, as she let her thoughts escape her. The light male shifted, pushing her lightly as he looked down to catch her confused gaze. He continued to speak about his faith and hope for things to work out. She was an Outsider. She must have been, otherwise Jak would have surely known about her existence. Most certainly. If you are faithful to Salsola, then the deities that make their home here will favor you. Jak smiled. The words she spoke were honest. Anyone who make the pack their priority would surely be rewarded.

A small giggle escaped her when Coaxoch said that he hoped he wouldn't let her down. That's nonsense. If he was capable of failing her, then they would not be here now. He could no longer fail her because she'd rid the world of the one thing that could make him do so. Or, so she thought. There was one other threat that presented itself. She'd have to look into him later.

Coaxoch invited her to come back whenever she wanted, to play with the children she wished to know. Eden was a wonder and she was sure Evelyn would be too. I will! Maybe we can make potions so that they aren't so interested in yours. Harmless ones of course. Eden mentioned them.

A shiver made her body convulse in a quick motion. Now that she'd calmed down and removed herself from the warmth of Coaxoch's body, she was beginning to feel the cold. She nodded eagerly when he offered her a cloak. A brilliant grin paired with it at the thought of having something of his. Now that you mention it, I'm am quite cold. I didn't even notice it. Her nose lifted to scent the air. She knew she'd been smelling something wonderful cooking in the other room. Lunch would be lovely. I'm sure whatever you have cooking will help me warm up also. Jak finally got a whiff of that uncomfortable feeling, as though maybe she was overstepping her boundaries. Then, she reverted back to the fact that she'd done nothing wrong and was the victim here, despite Coaxoch's despair. A twinge of anger passed through her followed by a twang of guilt. The mixed feelings made her stomach churn, maybe she should avoid eating at the moment. On second thought. I'm not feeling very well all of the sudden. I better get home and have some tea. Jak's hand shifted through her hair, bringing the mass of black and red over her shoulder. Her arms were now folded over her chest, hands grasping at her arms to try and help fight of the chill. Coming here was a mistake.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:12 am

OOC - bleepbloop coax is oblivious. WC: 761

It was nice to have someone who reassured him of his decisions, that they were right, and that the Gods would hold him in favor, should he continue on a good path and make no more mistakes. He planned on not making anymore, and he hoped that by making friends with the jackal that he was on the Gods' rightful path. Maybe his friendship with her would also bring light to Elphaba, to where she would understand that he was not trying to betray her, that he was being friendly and that he wanted to make her proud. He knew that she had been disappointed in him for laying with the Infernian, and he might have fallen out of good graces with her, but he hoped that she would understand soon that he did not want her to be cross with him. He would do anything to make her forgive him.

This was why he was trying to be the best father he could, because she had told him to.

He still did not understand that he was only confirming the girl's feelings for him. He did not realize that the potion she had given him was a love spell, and he did not realize what she had truly come here for. Coaxoch had never been all that good at telling intentions from another's actions, not too well, and he only thought that the girl had heard of his loss and that she wanted to come check in with him, make sure that he was okay, with maybe a little push from her mentor. He did not think that she came of her own volition, that she had actually cared for him in a way that he was not ready for.

He would never be ready for the feelings of love, infatuation, or otherwise to bloom in the chests of women. He didn't understand what it truly meant to love another. He only knew what it was to want to protect another, he only knew that he cared for his children, his "brother" and that he wanted to protect them from the big bad world. He'd never let anything bad happen to them. Not if he had the power to stop it. When she brought up the idea of harmless potions, he grew interested in her propositions. He smiled to her then and nodded. "Oh did he? I keep my potions away from them now, in the shed. I didn't even think of making edible ones for the kids, that's genius!" he told her as a small chuckle came from his maw and he looked at her with happy baby blue eyes. When she went on to speak about how cold she was, he found his eyes scanning around the room for his large ivory coated wolf cloak was. It was his special cloak, but he did not mind letting the girl use if if she would return it later. She was willing to have lunch with him, and he smiled still at this. He was happy to share lunch with a friend, and it had been some time since he had had lunch with someone besides the kids or Sebastien.

When he moved away to get the cloak and he draped it across her shoulders for her, she shivered more and then told him that she probably should skip out on lunch and get home as fast as possible. Coaxoch's smile disappeared suddenly, but he nodded his head as if he understood. "Oh, it's okay, if you aren't feeling good then I won't chance the stew making you feel even sicker! I'd hate for it to upset your stomach and have you vomiting everywhere or something." he told her as he rubbed the cloak on her arms to help her warm up. "This is my favorite cloak, so I'm going to need it back sometime, okay? For now though, I don't mind you using it." he told her as his smile returned and his eyes fell down to meet her own mismatched blood and medallion colored eyes.

Coaxoch's tail flicked behind him as he talked to her, wondering if she was going to be okay or not. He almost considered walking her home, just to make sure she got home, but he had a feeling that she would reject the notion, should he ask. She seemed like she was in a rush and might just want to get home as fast as possible without any distractions.

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

Dead Topics