The angel opens her eyes, pale blue coloured iris

Fiora!

POSTED: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:30 pm

OOC: Wheee. HERE, HAVE PERMISSION TO POWERPLAY MY CHILD :P

IC:
A mild day in the midst of Winter was always a surprise and always a welcome one. It gave Ascher a small reminder of what had been and what was coming when the Spring and Summer rolled around – the Summer just gone felt like a big, messy streak of emotion, prominently the worry the Eljun had carried around, knowing of his tryst with the Nomad woman and then about his impending fatherhood.

Those unexpected, unmet bundles had been a big focus then, but it didn't even compare to now. The pups were perhaps lagging a little compared to other litters Ascher had seen – either that or the fact that their father saw them every single day meant he didn't notice their progressing growth as much. But they would catch up, either way, especially now that they were weaned. Ascher's idea of weaning so far had been to throw every meal possible at them and see what they decided to go for, and he was fascinated by their choices. They already had ticking, turning brains and could think for themselves; there was nothing wrong in their heads.

Ascher had a string of species behind him as he bustled about his home, preparing to take Bel and Orvar out for the first time: Dook, the fisher-cat, followed at obediently at his heels, while the pups were mostly following Dook, deviating from the straight and steady course the mustelid took with exuberant bounces and play bows. Thofnir the black cat brought up the rear with contentment shining in her bright eyes; all of Asch's animal friends seemed to have taken to the children, seeing them as an extension of the copper-cream Stormbringer. Dook sprang backwards and curled up in his favourite shadowy corner, farthest from the windows, when Ascher announced his plans to go out.

The group of wolves and cat, followed vaguely somewhere above by Archimedes the tiny owl, stepped out to a bright sun, a relatively mild breeze and the the sound of a howl relatively close by. The plan was to sit outside the house for a while and watch the world go by, and Ascher had brought a fur to wrap the pups in – but as so often seemed to happen with toddlers around, the plan had to be deviated from. Bel and Orvar managed to get into a tugging match over the fur and when the golden brown female was defeated she backed away into a sulky crouch.

Ascher stood, preparing to coax his daughter back – and if she didn't comply he would outright pick her up and move her. The sound of hoofbeats drumming against the newly thawed ground came far too suddenly. Just as Ascher had Bel's scruff in his grasp the little girl twisted and plopped to the ground where she sat trembling – right between the front legs of a horse who had suddenly pulled up alongside the small group. The equine had one hoof raised as if undecided about the small creature below. Asch scrambled to seize the tiny female again, but too late – the speed at which the horse had arrived meant that all four hooves had to be lowered to keep the large form balanced.

A sudden, piercing yelp seemed to cut right through Ascher's chest and into his heart. His children had never felt pain before – except the pain of hunger in their first few hours without their mother there to nurse them. What was more, the Eljun himself had never felt such a pain – a pain which made him throw himself over his daughter, uncaring, to protect her.

[606]
AscherStormbringer

It's always darkest before the dawn
Loners
DEAD
Rat
Luperci
someone to fall back on

POSTED: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Ever since her sister had come to her she had thought that it would be better to be outside, to not be alone in a house that only reminded her of her mother. A good time of fresh air could be just the thing that the child needed to get away from the clutches of depression, away from feeling sorry that she could not keep her mother in their home. It took quick time for the little healer to get everything she always wore draped over her body, from the old shorts she found around the time of her first shift to a messenger bag that she had earlier filled with herbal remedies. Last but not least she placed the cowl Shiloh had finished for her, the material delicately hanging around her shoulders. Shielding her breasts from any prying eyes, the hood over her pitiful ears as she looked at her feline companion before heading out.

Bygul seemed overly chatty today, finding a strange fascination for the buildup of ice that was on the rails of some of the old wooden fences that remained standing. Though how could she blame the nearly adult cat, this would be his first winter, maybe she should get find something to clothe him with. Surely his fur was not thick enough to keep him from endlessly complaining to her, now that would be a fun thing to hear but that was not what made the Eljun stop in her tracks.

No, it was the piercing scream that seemed to be not far from her location, and be the smell of it was somewhat her fault. Her pace quickened as she closed the gap between herself and the monstrous beast that had caused her early shift, a gasp escaping her lips as she gave an uncharacteristic amount of volume to her voice. “Magni, back away.” She said sternly enough that the equine looked to her and complied wither orders, it was evident he did not mean to step on the little creature. When would he learn that he was just too big to be around those so much smaller than himself? The piecing cry of the little child that wailed by her now broken tail, a motherly feeling seemed to creep into her heart as she bent down and coaxed the child into her arms.

The woman cooed to the crying child, hoping there was a way to sooth the pain that her horse had caused. It broke her heart that she had caused such a pain, such a fear that was surly rooted in the little girl’s soul. “I-I am soo sorry..” She could not help but feel tears fall from her own eyes as she tried to hand off the child to her copper colored father. “I have supplies!” she exclaimed in a hushed tone to not alarm the child further. Quickly she found a small cookie-like thing to give to the child, soothing back her fur as she placed it in her mouth. ”It’s cooked with herbs that will hopefully ease her pain, if needed I have a liquid with the same ingredients” She hoped she could help the child in some way, after all this was her fault.

make up anything you want in her bag.. any supplies needed we shall have in this magical messenger bag! [+1]

Images courtesy of Jeff Kubina, Template by Aso

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth (NPC)
Lullaby
Luperci Mate to Ezra Step out on the leaves of the lily and shine
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm

The hunched red-brown figure could feel his daughter's fur tickling his face and her tongue lapping at his cheeks, seeking comfort. The little girl was shaking and squeaking like a fragile baby bird – with all the toughness his children had shown so far Ascher now came to realise how truly fragile they were. Breakable.

A voice called out, presumably to the horse, stern and commanding. Ascher heard the scrape of hoof against hard thawing ground as Magni backed away, and he raised his head sharply to see Colibri's daughter rushing towards them. He didn't know the girl well but got the feeling that she was as shy and retiring as Asch himself was; they could be kindred spirits, if Ascher had thought about it. But all he could think of was Bel and wanting to wind the clock back just a few minutes. Guilt rained down upon the single father as if they were caught in a sudden hailstorm, making it impossible for him to move.

Bel was gently retrieved from beneath her father's curled-over body. Ascher shifted to a kneeling position with the woodenness of a puppet, wide blue eyes never leaving his daughter – not even to look at the female who was offering help and apologies. “L-let's check her over,” he said faintly, in more clipped tones than usual. “And hope the hoof didn't break the skin.” Rationally Ascher knew that a broken tail could be treated with pain and shock relief and immobilising the area – possibly a trial when the area happened to be a waggy puppy's tail. The irrational part of him was louder, though, and all it whined was: “My baby's tail!”

Ascher shook himself mentally, dredging up his stored knowledge of how to diagnose and treat broken bones – but there was no need to look for a diagnosis: Bel's tail now had a sharp angle in it, the tip hung limp. Gently, Ascher ran his fingers along the length of the tail, breaking inside with every yelp and squawk from his little girl. He could feel no lacerations. “That's good,” he murmured. “Hopefully there won't be infection.”

Finally, knowing what they needed to do, he looked to Fiora and gave a wan smile. “I know it's not your fault. Supplies will be useful.” He watched as his fellow Eljun coaxed a small biscuit into Bel's mouth. The trembling pup was reluctant to swallow but Ascher stroked her head soothingly, encouragingly. “You'll be alright, baby,” he whispered in a cracked voice.

“Look at me, darling,” the girl's father cooed, trying to gauge whether or not Bel was in shock. “How long will that take to kick in?” he inquired of Fiora, his tone softer than it had been.

[457]
AscherStormbringer

Loners
DEAD
Rat
Luperci
someone to fall back on

POSTED: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:39 pm

She listened very intently to the single father’s words; her folded ears perched on her skull as high as the folding allowed them. It was easy to first tell that the clay colored man was in shock, finally realizing just how breakable a child really was though Fiora was coming to that realization just as slowly. They were so small even for their age, she fragile as a baby bird was when it was to fall from its nest. This was all her fault, if only her Equine companion was not so clever he would be in a cell block and yet that seemed almost cruel to her but this would not have happened if he was in the stable.

Baby blue eyes shot over to the horse that had an easy to see worried expression, easy for her at least. They softened in his direction as she gave a gentle click of her tongue to let him know that it was aright but he was still in the dog house or so the saying went before her gaze fell back to the child. The man finally fell out of his shock as he exclaimed about his baby’s tail, finally coming to the realization that it was forever broken in the sharp angle though maybe she could straiten it. Slowly the woman moved her fingers over the tail just as her father did, seeing if some way she could move the limp tip back in alignment but when a sudden screech came from the child’s lips she dropped it as if she had been shot. ”Sorry!” She quickly exclaimed with a surprised expression, her hand raised up in a surrender.

Taking a deep breath the Eljun reached into her bag once more as she listened to the father’s words again, both trying to sooth her and his child. It should not take long, or at least it worked on Bygul fast and he is bigger than her but a different species.” She spoke in monotone as the feline that she spoke of nodded, ’I ‘ot my licks from a ‘amn bird and that ‘iscit worked like a charm!’ He spoke up with choppy words, lowering his ears when Fiora gave him a look because her cursed before the children. ‘oops’ he mouthed to her before going to the male child to try and keep the puppy entertained as his sister was being treated, this he could at least do right?

”It looks like her tail will have to stay at that angle so that we go not have to induce more pain to her,” The woman sighed, grabbing bandages and giving the man a very concerned look. ”I am very sorry about this..” She whispered, looking as if she was beaten into submission. She was the cause for this child’s pain, the reason the father had to find out his babies were breakable.

Well here we go!! I cannot find a way to get the codes from my other tables so you get a pink one![+1]

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth (NPC)
Lullaby
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Bel's scream as the younger Eljun's fingers ran over her tail made the similarly coloured father bite down on his lower lip in an attempt to keep his emotions in check. He knew Fiora hadn't manhandled Bel – the dainty vin Haki had lighter fingers than Ascher's after all, but he felt that – somehow – something or someone had to be to blame for the terrible sounds coming from his daughter. It didn't occur to him that Bel might still be stropping about not being allowed free rein of Jordheim. It took a remarkable amount of restraint for Ascher to turn his mind away from blaming the blameless and onto restoring his baby to her bouncy self.

Fountain blue eyes were distant as they finally clocked the presence of the cat, and Asch's mouth opened as if he'd never communicated with a feline before, despite having one at home. “Different species, but the same ways of healing. Fiora, do you have another biscuit on standby if the dose isn't enough?”

While chocolatey ears listened out for Fiora's response, Asch again tried to encourage Bel to look at him. The girl's eyes were screwed shut, her eyelids twitching slightly with each successive whimper. Asch rested on his knees and held his arms out to the injured child, trying to coax her towards him for a gentle hug but uncertain about causing further harm.

“I saw a bone infection in a rat once,” the man murmured absently as he finally caught a glimpse of Bel's pupils. She seemed to be shaken, but not in shock. “The tail looked like a snake after swallowing an egg.” A grimace marred Asch's gentlemanly features as he rambled, keeping his mind off his shaking hands and the taste of blood where he had bitten his lip. “The only snakes which eat solely eggs are non-venomous. Of course, it would be a monumental waste of time to track a snake's diet when you could be running the other way, but.. Gods, listen to me.” The male still hadn't straightened from his protective half-crouch, otherwise he would have slumped forward in defeat. “How could I let this happen? They're barely weaned.”

[364]
AscherStormbringer

Loners
DEAD
Rat
Luperci
someone to fall back on

POSTED: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:48 pm

The control the Eljun had to go through, she knew that he would blame her for every scream or breathe of shock. It was all her fault anyways, it was something she could not explain but she was the one that let her equine companion free to wander as he pleased. It was the smell of a metallic sent that caused her to move her baby blue gaze from the child in the clay colored man; he had injured himself in order to not lose his composer. Fiora thought of what she had to make sure that such a small wound would not get infected but for the time being she gripped a blue colored clothe she found in their storage shack, raising it for him to take. “Pl-please, I do not wan-want your li-lips to get in-infected” She spoke with a shaky voice, only to return to her bag once more.

When Bygul spoke it seemed to effect Ascher’s reaction, though she knew he had a feline companion of his own so she was confused by his reaction. When is question was voiced she simply nodded, grabbing one more of the herbal biscuits that she had learned to make. ”It might put her to sleep, but I only say that because I have never used it one a child.” The small healer sighed, what had she done? ”Only myself, Joon, and Bygul..” She shortened the dingo twin’s name so that it was easier on her already anxious tongue, what more could she say?

As the clay colored man’s voice ran away with his tongue she listened carefully to each word, noticing that his knowledge was filtering him words to distract him from the real issue but how could she blame him? Slowly she moved from her bag once more, gentle placing cloth bandages over the child’s tail, though there was no bleeding or even a scratch so this was merely out of concern. “It is not your fault, I let Magni roam.. He is too clever to put into a stable.. He can unlock the padlock..”She rambled on about how it was her fault, traumatizing both a daughter and her father in the process. ”You cannot keep them locked in your house forever.. if you would like.. we can..” She started to use a form of light-hearted humor but it was more than likely lost in translation. ”Should we move this to your house so that if she falls asleep she is home?” Maybe it would be more comforting, maybe it would allow Ascher to relax even just a little bit?

OOC[+1]

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth (NPC)
Lullaby
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:22 pm

Ascher barely noticed the cloth being offered to him until it was dangling in front of his nose, and even then it was mostly because it was blocking his view of Bel. His calf muscles were beginning to ache from the awkward frozen position he was in; his unblinking eyes had started to sting. He moved with all the ease of a machine clogged with rust, rendered useless along with his mind – except, apparently, for the random facts he was blurting, which came forth more easily than they should have. His ears fell back against his skull as he took the cloth, the feel of the fabric and the hand which had offered it finally reminding him of the manners he had once had – before the possibility of his daughter ever getting hurt had become a painful reality. Asch's muzzle wrinkled as he obediently pressed the cloth to his lip, though he thought his own saliva should prevent the small cut from getting infected. “Thankyou,” he mumbled, his hands and voice quaking.

There was a moment of numbing indecision which threatened to incapacitate Ascher completely until he remembered that he was with an Eljun of the pack. This was quickly followed by the recollection that he was Eljun himself – a healer, and a scholar. Normally he would rely on Drin for directions with injuries, or go to Saul, but now he turned to Fiora. “Perhaps rest would be a good idea, temporarily. Until she understands what's going on.” Ascher's coppery hand smoothed the fur on Bel's forehead. Her eyelids were beginning to droop ever so slowly.

His own ramble was returned with Fiora's explanation as to why Magni was running loose, and Asch tossed his head dismissively. “I'm sure you know more about horses than I; I should have been keeping a better eye on her. But let's not argue over whose fault it is. It will make no difference. I'm sorry I was short with you before – a little in shock myself, perhaps. I underestimated the pain a parent can feel when their offspring endures pain.” Another ramble which cut off with a short sigh and a weak smile.

“Yes, a good idea to get her home.” The copper Stormbringer went to place his arms around Bel and rose tentatively until his spine was straight once more; several bones cracked along the way, but thankfully none belonged to the Tlu'gv child. “Are [i]you alright, Fiora?”[/i]

[411]
AscherStormbringer

Loners
DEAD
Rat
Luperci
someone to fall back on

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:14 pm

It was obvious to see that he did not care for himself as he did injure his own lip out of worry for his breakable child; still she wished to make sure that if saliva was not enough for the wound that he could use her hanky. One the soft blue cloth left her dark fingers she was returning back to the child, trying to work around a half crouched father that actually helped her by hunching down seeing she could tell he was an easy foot taller than her petite frame. Deliberately the youngest Eljun made sure her hands remained steady as she moved the white wrapping fabric around the sharply angled appendage.

The child remained uncharacteristically still and yet her brother was clearly worried over his one and only sibling. Puppy blue eyes pierced her soul as the darker child whimpered distress over not understanding what his sister was going through, it caused her heart to beat painfully in her chest. She caused those eyes to look at her in anguish; she caused the pain that was throbbing through the copper colored daughter of a fellow Eljun. A half hearted nicker reached her crimped ears, and yet she continued to ignore the equine’s presence and so the sound of hooves scraping against the frost covered ground. He retreated, as if he had the empathy to feel his companion’s pain.

When the binding was complete her blue gaze finally lifted from the infant to her father, simply nodding at the fact sleep was a wonderful idea for the babe. His apology was unnecessary, a blow to a wound that was slowly bleeding out. His sharp tongue and quick revolt to pin the blame on her was justified, and so the apology fell on deaf ears. ”I caused you to feel that pain..” the words were merely a whisper from her ebony lips, she did not wish to argue fault because it was easy to see that it was hers.

The suggestion of his house was a perfect one, the child needed rest and her sibling needed to have the peace of mind that his sister would be alright. With the clay colored man occupied with straightening his posture so that he was finally towering over her tiny frame, she placed every garment and vial back into her medical bag. A sharp whimper again stung her beating heart but this time she turned her attention to the male infant that so desperately wanted to know what was going on. Bending down the teenager scooped the darker contrast of fur, he looked very different from his sister and father when it came to his hair. Shaking her skull she cradled him in her arms as they began to walk to Ascher’s house, hoping to relief any pain she caused along the way.

I hope picking Orvar up and saying his feelings was alright, if not I will change it![474]

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth (NPC)
Lullaby
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

Dead Topics