A spark I saw as a bomb is just a means to an end

<3

POSTED: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:53 pm

(000)Hi, I’m Shae, and I’m so rusty all my parts are falling apart. Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Your characters' precise species and species percentages: 85% Northeastern Coyote, 10% Dog, 5% Eastern Timberwolf
Your desired Auxilia tier: Bellum (war)!
Your desired Immunes rank(s), if known: >_>
Your characters' cNPC, if applicable: n/a
Your characters' animal NPCs, if applicable: n/a

Izual, it seemed, was getting soft. He was desperately lonely, though he would never admit that to anyone; he hadn’t been with a woman for a ridiculously long time, and despite his recent pleasant interactions with Cotl and Belial, felt a strong nagging sensation in his heart to seek it out more. Though the coyote knew he did everything in his power to quiet the pathetic weak voice that was the cause of all his “misery”.

Ever since that lady told him about Inferni, and inferred that Cotl was also in the coyote clan, the coyote was incredibly intrigued about that idea. He had never seen coyotes come together in such a way; he only knew the loner life, so did his parents, so did the majority of his other companions for the past few years. Though he’d probably also never admit this, he also really enjoyed the murderous afternoon spent with the bizarre foreigner. And Izual figured that pack life was good enough for him, Izual thought it was worth a try.

And so, like always, Izual found himself walking towards the lofty goal he set in mind for himself. The pumpkin coyote had NO idea how this interaction could go; would he be able to still the homicidal urges he felt from time to time in his mind, or would the pack accept them with open arms? He could always leave, he supposed, but he wanted this experiment to work. For now, he would reel it in and act like a normal, sane coyote. Or so he would try.

The border stank of aggression and fear. That calmed him. Still, as this was never something he had done before, he was unsure of how to approach. Some small part of him thought he would be torn to ribbons if he stepped even a foot into the territory. Or was it a bolder, better idea to make himself known by stepping into the forbidden? Izual realized no, that was not a good idea, as he liked living and would like to continue doing so.

Instead, Izual waited, and down-shifted from his two-legged form to his natural form. It was uncomfortable due to his preference for two feet, but he knew that modesty would probably be the best plan of action here. While Izual waited, he inspected a particularly interesting skull that looked very much like a wolf’s. Izual chuckled, and hoped he would most likely enjoy it here.

Image credited to Martin Barraud ~ Textures credited to Sirius-sdz & Ethenyl! Table by Sammiie!
I looked through your frame
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:12 pm

+318 I steal cause Ombre needs to greet another to move up

Ombre was doing her duties with scouting the borders. It was just one of many tasks that she undertook within the pack. She tried to make up for her inability to hunt and fight in other ways. That was to at least watch the borders, as well as working with the animals of the clan. She had to say the later part was what she enjoyed the most. Still her clan rank suggested that she should troll the borders every so often. And well, there had been Priam at one point and something was done about a bobcat at another. So even though it was usually quiet things did still happen from time to time.

The hybrid glanced to the sky for her vulture friend as Jinpa was able to see over a greater distance and was trying to see if the avian creature noticed anything out of the ordinary. So far everything seemed calm and normal. But that changed as the vulture called down to her. There was someone further ahead, or such the basics of the message that Jinpa sent contained. This had Ombre wondering who it could possibly be. But just this knowledge had her quickening her steps.

The brindled girl was surprised by whom she found at the borders. She grinned as she seen the male she had met on a previous excursion outside of Inferni. "Hello Izual, you are looking better." She called out to the male and offered up a wave as well. "Are you just here to visit?" She asked as she drew closer til she was standing before him. "Did you still want something to eat?" She asked, not really knowing what else to offer. She wasn't so good at this greeting newcomers gig. But then both males that had shown up at the borders were someone she had met before. Granted she knew Priam better than she knew Izual.

DEAD
Luperci Falconer Level III Immunes 04

POSTED: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:21 am

(000) So, unbelievably dead from school and my job kicking my butt today but I really wanted to reply. My apologizes for this crap. May edit tomorrow.

Izual felt very, very small. He had always enjoyed the immense scale and horizon change that occurred between body phases, but only when going up. Now, he regretted his decision to be a true canine. However, that thought was quickly forgotten as Ombre came into view. Izual immediately audibly snorted while concealing a grin at her arrival. Seriously? he thought, half jokingly, half amazed at his luck.

She commented on his figure and he couldn’t contain his devilish grin anymore. Izual turned his head to his fattened-up ribs. “Thanks, Nova Scotia’s been good to me,” he said, and truly meant it. He was really curious to see if he was capable of pack life, or even staying in one place for any significant period of time.

She asked him another question and then was unsure of what to say. The thought of them not accepting new members hadn’t crossed his mind. “Well, I was… curious to see what your pack was like,” he said, slightly betraying the uneasiness in his voice.”I’m okay, thanks,” was the last response he had to her questions.

”Do coyotes really live here, together? In peace?”He thought those questions felt really stupid coming out of his mouth, but he didn’t care. Izual never really had a family, or any sort of stable home.

The hybrid certainly didn’t want to reveal just how interested in this prospect he was. It could even turn out to be therapeutic for him, it was all up in the air. But the one thing that remained was his intensity for this ideal. In fact, Izual was so focused on the matter at hand that even though he could feel his mind drifting towards images of twisting Ombre’s pretty little head until it snapped, he silenced those thoughts as quickly as they came because for once, there was something more important to him then giving in to his dark desires.

Image credited to Martin Barraud ~ Textures credited to Sirius-sdz & Ethenyl! Table by Sammiie!
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:49 pm

+348 Sorry, hadn't been sleeping well. Decided to just have Ombre call for leaders, so you can put that in the title, that way things won't get held up.

"I am glad." She said and offered him a genuine smile. She truly did feel grateful that he was doing better. But it wasn't only him. She didn't like to see anyone or anything suffer. So she was glad when all things flourished. She had recently enough even put her own life at risk just to save an elk that was trapped in the mudflats. His pitiful brays has broken her heart and so she couldn't have just left him as he was. And she had been lucky that the leader had decided to help her and hadn't put up too much of a fuss when Ombre refused to just leave the animal where he was.

"Well I am glad you found your way and decided to visit." After all she had invited him to come with her at the time that she had met him and he had refused. She hadn't given him instructions on how to make his way to Inferni as he hadn't been interested at the time. So she really was quite surprised to see him and that he had somehow managed to find his way.

"Yes, we do. There hasn't been any major incidents since I have been here." At least none that Ombre knew about. There were probably personal bickering and squabbles but she thought that to be normal among any group. But there hadn't been any murders or anything like the such. Actually she knew of only two deaths. Mekio had died of injuries that he received before reaching Inferni and the other could be said to be natural causes as no one had done anything to the female that had died.

"I will get the leader and you may speak with her." Ombre said and sent up a call for either Myrika or Vesper to make their way to the borders. She figured that one of those two females would be able to best answer all of his questions. After all it wasn't like Ombre stuck her nose into everyone's business so she didn't know of everything that went on.

DEAD

POSTED: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 pm

See galleries for credit.

It was rare for Myrika to roam the borders without her horse beneath her. As it happened, she hadn't been patrolling when Ombre's call roused her attention. She'd been making her way through the mansion, taking stock of what could be taken stock of within its innards. She'd been leaving, too, when the call had drawn her attention. Yet, it was close enough to the mansion that the tawny hybrid did not feel the need to remount Eira and take her that way. The hybrid decided to walk, starting off at a brisk trot in the direction of the scout's call.

Inferni's borders had been quiet as of late, with few newcomers passing over them. She would be glad to see a new face, she thought. The tawny hybrid had turned only a sparse few away from Inferni -- most of whom were simply too wolfish. The Aquila thought that might be to Inferni's detriment, sometimes -- it certainly did not help them to take on any useless mouth. As she thought through her coyotes on her way to the borders, the tawny hybrid could not think of anyone who did not do more than his or her fair share of the clan's work. She could be proud of Inferni, she knew.

Now close enough to scent Ombre and the stranger -- male and somewhat younger than she was -- the tawny hybrid sped her pace along. This increase in pace brought her closer quickly, whereupon she slowed again to a walk. Inferni was not one for much showiness and parading of rank, but it did not make good practice to allow new Infernians' first glimpses of their leader to be panting and running like a child at the scout's beck and call. Drawing nearer, the redhead offered a smile to Ombre and a bigger one to the stranger. Hello, she said. Nice to see you, Ombre, she added, glancing back toward the scout. Her turquoise eyes lingered there a moment before returning to the newcomer with cinnamon scattered through his fur.

Myrika Tears

Sie
Luperci Chaos Star And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

POSTED: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Sorry for the delay!

Izual got more nervous as he listened to Ombre. She was being annoyingly vague, and he didn’t like it. What if this pretty stranger was keeping something from him just so he could join, and be none the wiser? He knew he was probably just being paranoid, but Izual had never been the trusting type. He was making quite the leap of faith with this decision, he knew.

Ombre signaled to her leaders, and Izual fidgeted until another figure made their way through the land. Izual’s eyes widened when he saw that it was a female, and they quickly narrowed. He knew males were in this group, Cotl had made sure of that, but… could he really take orders from a woman? Oh, this would be interesting, indeed.

“Hi,” Izual said back to the tawny leader, trying his best to hold back his surprise and disappointment. “I heard about your pack from this pretty little lady here a long way back, and also met another of yours shortly afterwards… I believe his name was … Cotl?” he smiled, hoping that this could be over quickly so he could just get some real rest. He couldn’t remember the last time he truly felt safe.

Textures credited to Sirius-sdz & RedWolf518Stock! Table by Sammiie!
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:44 pm

+301 out of character

Ombre was glad for the quick response from the leadership as she honestly had no idea what to do on this front. After all the only other one she had met at the borders had been Priam when he had come back. And well, that had been easy because he was already known and Ombre had no doubt that Priam would be welcomed back with open arms. As for the one that was standing at the borders now, well... she didn't know what would happen with him.

The brindled hybrid gave a nod of her head to the leader that had shown up. "Good to see you as well, Myrika. This is Izual. I met him outside of Inferni." She introduced the male that she was talking to. Though it didn't seem as if there really was too much that she needed to say for Izual had chosen to speak up for himself.

Ombre bowed her head slightly with the compliments that she was paid. She really wasn't used to that and it showed with the way that it made her feel a bit uncomfortable. She had no idea that this man had met with someone else as well. She recognized the name as the strange man that she had previous encounters with. Still, if Cotl had led him here as well then perhaps it would work in this man's favor for there wasn't much that Ombre could say about him from their brief encounter.

"I will just go now." The hybrid excused herself since there really wasn't much else that she could do since she was just a normal member. And well, with a leader present it wasn't like she was needed any longer either. She gave a nod to both parties before heading back towards inner portions of Inferni.

DEAD

POSTED: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:39 am

-- C: can continue or archive, your choices

See galleries for credit.

There was no shyness about the cinnamon-tinged man. He showed familiarity with Ombre -- who seemed strangely bothered. Myrika did not attribute this to Izual in particular -- she had seen the brindled coyote brave the mudflats in the rising bay tide to rescue an elk, an animal of prey. There was a bit of oddity in anyone who did that -- though Myri trusted the hybrid well enough, and liked her more than well enough. Ombre always seemed to do her job -- there was a quiet dedication about her.

Myrika saw none of it as the coyote excused herself abruptly and made to leave. The red-hued woman gave a nod and smiled to see the hybrid off, and turned back toward the man. He was decidedly not quietly dedicated. There was boldness in him; Myrika saw this in his easy smile. Some quaked and quavered before a leader, but he only gave her a smile. It gave her pause, but not much. If there was something wrong with you, Ombre would have told me, she said, deciding to match his smile with her own easy confidence. And if Cotl didn't scare you off -- you probably belong here.

The Myrika of two years ago would not have thought jest the best tactic to take with one showing boldness -- but the Aquila that had replaced that old personality thought so. The change had been so subtle that the tawny-hued coyote herself did not realize it had occurred. These new actions felt just as comfortable and practiced as those she'd known in her earlier, more timid life. Myrika grinned, just a little forced, and nodded her approval of the new Infernian.

Myrika Tears

Sie
Luperci Chaos Star And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

Dead Topics