Let the fiddle run

P. Micah

POSTED: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:05 am

located near the Lagoon-he is singing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54qtKTB1zHc&hd=1 his voice sounds like Eric Clapton :)

He'd often traveled near the lagoon when he wanted to get away from his sister and from his parents. They'd all been bothering him a bit lately, and he'd often found it harder to keep up with himself than anything now. He was growing into his body, stronger and taller than he was when he first shifted two months ago. He was eight months old now, well- almost, and he was tall for his age. He was averaged out at six feet, and weighed a hefty one hundred and fifty pounds. Although because of his muscles, he didn't really look all that hefty, instead; he looked tall and lanky.

He did a few push-ups himself, and slowly began to hum a tune in his head, his voice falling free from his mouth. sailin' down behind the sun... He sang the words and hummed the tune, pushing himself up and down, and moving around as he worked out. His irritations from his family and all the strange feelings he'd had building up inside were strange. He felt weird, like he was changing into someone else besides who he was. By now, the young male was panting, and took a few deep breaths before he continued singing the song, his voice deeper than expected, for how young he was.

waitin' for the prince to come...Praying for the healing rain...To restore my soul again.... He hummed and tapped his feet, closing his eyes and singing with all of his heart. Just a toerag on the run. How did I get here? What have I done? When will all my hopes arise? How will I know him? When I look in my fathers eyes.... My fathers eyes... When I look in my fathers eyes... My fathers eyes.... He took a breath, and then continued to hum the rest of his song's tune. Faolan closed his eyes, just humming the tune so he could try and relax.

Adopted by Adel on June 9th 2013 :D

POSTED: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 am

Though Micah had now called Cercatori d'Arte his home for a number of months, he had little experience with his packmates. It was for good, purposeful reason that made complete sense in his own head: The lot of them were fighters and more than particularly foul in nature. It was not quite the pack of artisans he remembered, though the coy did not regret his return any longer. Micah had come to realize over time that he fit the small niche once large enough to encompass all members of the pack, but now shrunken to bear only a few. Artisans and musicians. Non-warriors. He was a necessary branch, and even if he did avoid socializing most of the time, he missed the peaceful dialogue. He missed witnessing the talent of others that didn't involve blades. The guitar inherited from Juniper Peace had been slung hopefully across his back, though it so rarely found use. Not even Mimi, whose tiny four-legged form followed behind him some distance away, had an interest in the guitar. The flute, however...

When Micah heard music in his ears en route to his Thornbury home, for once he followed the sound with building interest. Unaccompanied the voice was talented but unmolded, unshaped by experience, and thus when it belonged to a young man Micah met no surprise. It took him a few moments to recognize as Faolan. Gracious, he had grown fast in just a few months.

The final words of the tune emitted as he approached, however, extinguished at once a bulk of the Artist's enthusiasm. "His eyes won't tell you much," Micah said flatly, "trust me."

Then, realizing his intrusion, the granite coy pulled at his ponytail and smiled sheepishly. "I-I didn't mean to interrupt. It was nice to hear someone singing around here, umm, for once. You know?"

Last edited by Micah Sunrise Lykoi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Just a humming tune was all that the male had heard in his own ears, for some reason he didn't even smell or hear his pack-mate approach him. Becoming startled from the black colored male, Faolan's eyes went wide, and a small yelp left his mouth. Unlike his sister who would react in a more hostile way than anything, the multi-colored male found himself calm and collected, turning his surprised look- into something related to a smaller grin. Micah commented on his song, saying that his father's eyes wouldn't say much. Instead of retaliation, Faolan just pricked his ears, and toyed with the ground beside his sitting figure. The male's sheepish grin, made Faolan admire his features and his red eyes. Like many other people he'd come to meet, he noticed every detail about them, all their qualities rather than what made them look bad.

In his opinion, everyone was beautiful. Tha's alright. He grinned, his voice much softer than his singing voice, yet still as deep. Yes'ir, sure do. He looked at his guitar on his back, and just smiled a small smile. Are ya an artist? I see yer gu't'r. His southern drawl was thick as he spoke to him, his eyes never wavering from the guitar that was rested upon his back. It was certainly interesting to see someone else rather than himself, who was interested in playing guitar and singing. Or for that matter, someone who could admire another person's artistic talents. Perhaps this male could teach him a little something on the guitar, but instead of flat out asking, he would simply smile, and wait patiently for him to respond.

POSTED: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 am

He startled poor Faolan, which in turn naturally startled Micah just the same, but both men took their respective breaths and composed themselves. The boy was still youthful, sheepish, something of a reflection of Micah's younger self though little progress in tenacity had been built in that time. Funny accent, too— that, Micah did not remember in himself at all.

"Artist? Uhh," the Artist stammered, turning to almost hide the guitar behind his back. "I-I mean, I'm more of a painter. I can strum a little but I can't read old sheet music or anything." Ocean Flower had taught him most of the chords he knew and a tune here or there, for she had a collection of scavenged music books a few of Juniper Peace knew how to read. Truth was, what few memories he retained of his father included the dark coyote strumming away and babbling some illogical noise called a song. Micah hated to think someone—anyone—who knew Razekiel might notice a resemblance if he followed suit.

The granite coy took a breath and swung the guitar from his back, holding it out to the younger boy. It was a gift from Juniper Peace, but he did not mind sharing. "Do you know how to play?"

Last edited by Micah Sunrise Lykoi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:19 pm

He looked at the black male, who was also looking back at him. Did Faolan have something on his face? Faolan found his eyes trailing to his hair- much like he always seemed to do with many people he'd met. Faolan found himself smiling at the male, with deep brown eyes. He tried to hide his guitar behind his back, and stammered over his words, then produced it to the younger male. This suddenly made the younger male feel a little bit more at ease knowing he wasn't the only one who stuttered and stammered at times. He glanced at the giutar a few times then at Micah's eyes.

Oh. He said slightly disappointed when the male said that he was a painter, and that he could strum a little but couldn't read old sheet music or anything. Faolan pricked his ears, finding it almost impossible to not look into the brown-eyed male's eyes; it was only a moment though, before Faolan smiled again and looked down at his feet, when he asked Fao if he knew how to play guitar. I wish I knew how ta.

he's so shy, and awkward. :P
Last edited by Faolan Kido on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:22 am

Shy and modest, this one. It made sense, for the last time Micah had seen Faolan he struck him as a scrambling, bumbling pup barely in control of his emotions and world around him. The boy had grown so fast—and learned to shift, for that matter—that Micah scarcely recognized them for the same being. Had Faolan overcome his shyness, the older coyote might not have recognized him at all.

Micah lingered, considering the boy's modesty and obvious disappointment. He glanced at the old, beaten up guitar, scarcely in tune, and took a breath. "I-I mean," he started, trying to find words, "I could teach you how to fret or a couple chords or something, if you really wanted to learn." Micah was no expert, but he had at least a little experience to give away.

Mimi emerged from the frosty underbrush then, still unshifted unlike Faolan. Silent, the spitz's turquoise eyes glanced him up and down and seemed to recognize him, but the temperamental pup only sat in place and glanced impatiently between the two males. The granite coy acknowledged her then settled himself down on the ground, putting guitar in his lap and taking a deep breath. He knew himself to be a poor mentor with little good to teach, but perhaps the attempt would do well to cheer Faolan up. "Here, umm... I'll show you."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 pm

aha, i knew that xD edited my last post for his eye color :P

Faolan glanced back in the black male's face trailing his eyes to his guitar. Micah- much like the last time they'd met- was shy as well, yet seemed at ease now. He still stammered, which Faolan could relate to. He remembered the last time they'd met, and when the larger black male had that smaller companion by his side. Although; unlike last time, they weren't being frightened by some made-up scary monster that was out in the dark. Instead, the two of them were simply conversing, and it was quite nice actually.

The multi-colored brute settled himself on the ground in a half-crouch, so his feet supported the majority of his weight. The bi-colored eyes focused on the ground for a few, then as Micah took a deep breath, Faolan too took a deep breath and looked up at his face. He began to speak, and Faolan flickered his ears setting his attention directly on the black male. He could teach him a few frets? How interesting. Faolan smiled gently, his eyes flickering to the underbrush that began to move, his heart leaping to his throat- then calmed when he noticed it was the black male's companion, Mimi. Hello. He acknowledged the small dog.

Th't'd be nice. He said to Micah, turning his attention to the black male, once again. Leaning forwards a bit on his hind haunches, he looked at the guitar. A question pondered in his mind, so he decided to ask. W'at's fretting? That was the proper term, right?

POSTED: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:22 pm

"Fretting, uhh," he started, searching proper words of explanation. "It's like, umm, how to put your fingers on the neck and where to get a strong note." Micah positioned his fingers, strummed a G-chord, respositioned to strum an A, then a D. The granite coy offered a humble smile and scooted a little closer to the Kido, arranging the guitar so he might see better.

Micah began by naming each string and explaining the difference in the circumference of each. "The thicker the string the lower the note, same with how high or low you strum on the fretboard," Micah would say, demonstrating as he flicked a few chords up and down the neck of the guitar. "Some guitars have more strings, but this one only has five."

He rather forced the guitar into the younger d'Artisan's hands, then pressed a claw into the callous shallows of his forefinger. "Okay, umm... You have to put the string right here, okay? You have to press the string down hard, then you strum down here with your other hand. It's going to hurt at first but you get used to it."

Grinning encouragingly, Micah offered the guitar pick next—unsurprisingly covered in painted flowers and glitter with gratitude to the Juniper Peace woman that gifted it—and said, "Go on, just try strumming. See how it feels, you know?"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:43 pm

the two of them are really quite adorable <3

Settling in silently and not even flinching when Micah scooted closer to him, Faolan let the distance between the two of them suddenly become comfortable. It was funny how within a few minutes, the two of them seemed to feel a bit agreeable around one another. Hmm, okay, fretting. He understood somewhat. Faolan nodded his head when he began to play the few little strings. He flickered his ears on his head, the musical notes filling his head and making him smile. That's real purty. Fao commented on the way Micah played the chords.

When he began to name each string, Faolan smiled when he said that each string was lower when thicker, and higher when thinner. Is th's a normal gu't'r? He questioned the older male, his eyes trailing to his deep brown eyes. Faolan let his eyes rest on the males for a moment, before he trailed them back to his hand and where the male was strumming chords.

When Faolan's hands were suddenly filled with the guitar, he glanced up at Micah, a questionable look on his face. Slowly though, he was smiling. It was gentle, and appreciative to the elder male for helping him learn a passion of his. He let the male move his hands for him, and when he said he had to press down rather rough onto the strings, Faolan nodded his head, putting his fingers were he remembered Micah's before and gladly accepted the guitar pick with his left hand. Looking it over, he couldn't help but grin at the pick. It's very diff'r'nt. I like it. His words trailed off when he placed the pick in between his forefingers, and plucked at the G-chord where his fingers were positioned. It made a rather awful sounding noise, and Faolan lowered his ears looking towards Micah.

Th's 'ow it's 'pos'ta be done? He wanted encouragement, improvement, and more than anything for him to be proud of the young Kido.

POSTED: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 am

"I'm sure you could play it just as well with practice," Micah replied, grinning as Faolan filled with delight at but a few simple strums.

He confirmed that the guitar was considered the norm, as opposed to the seven-string and beyond, and the Lykoi explained what little he knew of the other types. The instrument appeared natural in the boy's hands like a matching pair, and Micah observed with stifled amusement how the boy awed and gaped every step of the way with an excitement Micah was not sure he had experienced while learning. The process of arranging his hands and fingers was awkward, guided by the Lykoi's gentle coaxing, and Micah took the time to tighten the strap at Faolan's shoulder while the boy became acclimated.

He strummed a rather horrid note, not at all a chord, yet one with strength and power. The pain at his fingertips did not seem to bother him as it did most newcomers. Micah laughed and redirected the boy's fingers. "Okay, try again."

When the next chord came swimmingly, the four-year-old instructed a few more chords and nodded as they were strummed with some time and effort. He leaned back and considered the Kido for some time, witnessing a raw joy and appreciation he thought possibly lost to Cercatori d'Arte despite its history, and the granite man sighed with certain relief.

"Tell you what," he said, grinning, without regrets. "If you can get better than me, you can keep it. But not until then." Something told him it would be in good hands, although it implied plenty of time and practice with the Lykoi. The instrument was only a going-away gift from those of Juniper Peace. Knowing those old hippies, they would have been delighted with a decision like this one.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

Dead Topics