the wander of weary

POSTED: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:13 pm

He lost her. Somehow, by the power of gods he had never believed in or through sheer luck, he was alive. Micah reminded himself that such a scuffle could not have ended in death. There were a thousand reasons the Inferni would not have killed him: poor reasoning or the recognizable splash on his nose might have been enough to deter her. The granite coy had powerful family, once. Not anymore. He could no longer crawl to his sisters bloodied and battered like this and plead their help. They were long gone.

And so he had fled to the cavaliers, just as he had instructed Mimi to do. Exhausted and hurt the male found her near Casa borders and breathed relief, taking but a moment to ensure he had not been followed, before losing all strength in his legs and collapsing into the dirt and cold earth. He needed only rest a while. The bleeding scratches on his face, the gashes on his shoulders and chest—they would heal. He was alive. He didn't need to think about it anymore. He needed only rest...

Panicking, the young wolfdog circled the fallen d'Artisan yapping and frantic. Four-legged, tiny and fearless, Mimi darted into Casa di Cavalieri territory without second thought, without an understanding of trespassing, even if these were allianced lands. She yapped and called for any who could hear, unpossessing of a voice loud enough to howl but sharp enough to cry, "Some'un come here! I need t'talk to some'un! Now, right now!"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Mon amour, je sais que tu m'aimes aussi...

The Veleno felt like she was seemingly aching everywhere, but this had been the first day Morty permitted Lola to walk about Casa without the bandages wrapped tight around her chest. She’d also managed to slip away from the apartment for awhile, the healing stab wound a deep cherry scab beneath her midnightblue cloak. She tied the silken ribbons tight about her neck, preferring to hide the ugly thing under folds of velvet and satin rather than allowing her packmates to stare at the gash Aedan had wrongfully “gifted” her. It was bad enough the lips of her mouth would be forever marred by his knife point, but Veri and the Medico had stitched the skin as best as they could on her cheek, hopefully the scarring would be minimal.

It felt strange walking through the territory on her own, but everyone’s presence as of late had felt suffocating. After the pirate attack she had a hard time being alone, but the betrayal of her mate’s father had affected her in a completely different way. She had almost died that day in a pool of her own blood, but somehow, the moon kissed female had been spared. Life as so desperate and beautifully short. She needed to live it to its fullest and the Veleno was through with suffering for her past mistakes. The dagger to her breast had been a grisly wake up call, karma in her mind. Lola had finally been forced to pay for the locking of lips with the Inferni male. Nothing else had happened, but she was a mated wolf now. Alistair would’ve been devastated if he learned the truth. His silence and depression was all part of her penance along with the painful healing of physical wounds.

She grinned and bore it as best as she could, remaining the steadfast mate of the War Lord though their home was currently broken. The facades they put on to continue living, but today...Lola needed a break. Her feet led her outside of the Fort, though progress was slow--she stopped occasionally to catch her breath and clutch her burning ribs--but the outside woods loomed into view. Morty said she’d needed exercise, so wasn’t this just that? She trudged onward just as an unknown voice broke her concentration.

The fur beneath her cloak began to stand on edge, perhaps some of that PTSD hadn’t totally left her system? However, the cries were filled of desperation and came from a bouncing figure making its way towards her. The Veleno stopped in her tracks, eyes widening in alarm. Don’t come any closer! She shouted, perhaps it was a silly thing to say, seeing as the other was merely a pup, but Lola wasn’t taking any chances. They’d been fooled twice recently and evil could come in the disguise of the most harmless of faces. What business do you have here stranger? She called again, cursing under her breath that she hadn’t armed herself before leaving the house.

optime:. No worries at all! I’m playing a bit of catchup myself at the moment, so the delay was perfect. :. +5

...je tuerais pour vous
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 am

Mimi happened on a figure, one she unsurprisingly did not recognize, and the light-furred woman commanded her to halt. The tiny Spitz mix stopped in place as directed but did not falter in fear or intimidation, for a child so brash as she did not quite possess it. How could she, when she had been forced to watch how Micah's cowardice time and time again put him in harm's way?

"Shut up," the pup barked against the threat in tone and formalities, apparently either too young or otherwise lacking all courtesy and logic when it came to infringing upon the borders of packs. Punishment had not occurred to her. Mimi knew Casa di Cavalieri to be allianced to Cercatori d'Arte, and that alone was enough for her. She exclaimed in one breath, "Papa's hurt. He told me t'run from the stupid bitch lady and then when he got here he fell over there and he's all hurt and you're gonna help, right?"

Gasping for air, Mimi continued, "He said it would be safe here because of the all— ally— lions—" Alliance? No, that sounded too stupid to be the right word. "He said you'd help 'cause of my pack, so are you coming or not?"

Mimi did not await a response, for the pup instead turned on her heels and sprinted back to her fallen guardian near the borders. Leaving an expected scent of Cercatori d'Arte in her wake she assumed the cavalier would follow without question. At the granite coyote's side Mimi began to nudge at his legs to wake him, and when that did not work she grew impatient and bit at his toes.

Stirring and grimacing the coyote grumbled in a daze, "No, Mimi... stop that, please."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Ghost pale eyes widened in offended surprise, quickly narrowing into slits.What did you just-- but her angry retaliation was cut off, the child frantically speaking over her and explaining the reason for her intrusion in rushed words. She balked, tension slowly increasing in her shoulders as the girl spoke of her father and some unknown assailant that had obviously led or chased them here. Her brow furrowed in both confusion and alarm, someone was hurt, or this girl was lying. She wanted to believe her, little brat that she was, but her agitated state was a pretty good act if she was being untruthful. The siren could recognize a fellow silvertongue, but then again she’d been deceived by Aedan. She shook it off, head beginning to slowly nod, as the girl stumbled over the word “alliance”. Was she talking about Cercatori?

That had to be it or at least some other pack Casa was already friendly with, but before she could muster a response, the multi-hued girl was bounding off. Wait up! She cried after her, letting an exasperated sigh leave her parted lips before she glanced back over her shoulder at the Fort behind. Stay or go? This could be a trap. She shook her head. She’s too young for that, she reasoned with herself, fingers pulling the ties tighter about her neck before she took off in a jog after the spitfire that had suddenly entered her world.

Sure enough the scent of the neighboring pack filled her nares and it wasn’t long before Lola arrived on the scene. A crumpled form of flecked black on the ground, that wily ball of fur biting excitedly at his toes. She hadn’t heard his mumbled words, but the sight of his blood was enough motivation for her to banish the child’s rude greeting and pushed her to let go of her defenses as she rushed forward. What happened? Her concerned question laced with alarm as nimble fingers reach out to lightly touched the other’s face.

optime:. Woah, I totally missed your reply. Sorry about that! I also love Mimi. :. +3

...je tuerais pour vous
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:08 am

Micah knew his wounds were not fatal. Had he the energy, the granite man might have realized his scratches needed a touch of treatment and patching, especially those that would leave scars at his lip and cheek. Ordinarily, the man was not so lax—Micah carried a medical kit on him almost constantly, and his nerves never allowed such leisure in the wake of even a splinter. But today he was just so damn tired. Somewhere within his exhausted mind, the Lykoi convinced himself all necessary to heal his wounds was rest.

After discouraging Mimi he began to drift again, only to notice within moments the pulling of his skin and the scrutinizing fashion his skull was turned this way and that. The four-year-old opened almond eyes to a concerned Cavalieri woman doting over him and she asked what certain idiocy the foolish canine had gotten himself into to land in such condition. In nicer words. Right? Already he could not remember the inflection within her tone.

"Some woman from Inferni jumped us," he said, hardly bothered to recall a thing more. Weariness blurred his anxieties, his logic; the ache of his unathletic body numbed the nervous shakes that might have been. The d'Artisan gently pulled his head from her grasp, set it back to the earth and closed his eyes. Slowly his voice waned into a near-slumbering whisper. "It's okay. I will treat this stuff later. I just want to rest a little while longer..."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Inferni?! She did little to hide the incredulity in her voice. As the acting Ambassador to the coyote dominant pack, it deeply troubled the Cavalier to learn of this development. Why had he been attacked? Who had done it? Was Vesper aware? Had it been Vesper herself? Her mind raced, but she allowed the white flecked male to regain control of his head while he rest it upon the ground. These were all simply conclusions she was jumping to and it did little to pester the obviously fatigued male. He’d been in some ordeal, the cuts and shallow injuries plain on his body and face. Now was not the time to pry his brain for answers. He needed safety from whomever had harassed him the the girl, and Casa could provide such things as well as the medical aid he’d need.

The siren brushed locks of wine from her face as she shook her head “no” more so for the spunky dog than the closed lidded coywolf. Rest will come once we get you cleaned up and out of the cold, she said. Come on, the Fort’s not far off. We can provide food and shelter for you and your...charge, her silver eyes moved back to the boisterous pup. Lola wasn’t in the best of shape since Aedan’s deception, her own wounds still on the mend, but she rose to a crouching position, prepared to support the male as best as she could once he was properly roused. What’s your name? She directed in a softer voice towards the multihued child. Think you could help? The Veleno asked, indicating they need to wake the bleeding man.

Once he’d return to the present, Lola would snake an arm around his back, and help him to his feet, allowing the male to rest any weight he couldn’t manage on her. It would feel like a lifetime returning to Casa’s claimed territory, but the Fort loomed ahead and Lola already knew whose house she’d be leading him to. Morty! She called for her friend, the Medico would be more than pleased to patch up any wounds.

optime:. And then the holidays/job shat on me and spat me out. -_- Happy New Year btw! Let me know if anything needs changed. :. +374

...je tuerais pour vous
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 pm

"I'm Mimi, but you have to call me Mistral. He's Micah." The pup gaped at her following the second request, then thrust out her chest and nodded. Without a moment of hesitation the child, no bigger than a housecat, climbed atop the spine of her fallen guardian, closed her teeth around the knot of his loose ponytail, and yanked as if engaged in a grandiose game of tug-of-war. On cue the granite man gagged his discomfort and rose enough to tumble the pup off, supported then to his feet by the humble cavalier.

The coyote did not groan like a dying man, nor did he tremble or shake or drag behind her like the burden he thought he was. The d'Artisan took a breath and put feet to the ground, relying on her only a moment while the man steadied himself before uprighting on his limbs. Micah was wounded, not dying. He suffered exhaustion from panic and exertion, and though his cuts would leave behind fine scars he would not succumb to them. Not unless they went unpatched, he supposed. The man frowned at her call for help, resenting the attention and fuss he had unintentionally drawn to himself.

"You sounded surprised about the clan," Micah said, weary sights absorbing the shallows of the foreign packland surrounding. From what he had seen of this woman, she did not appear part coyote. "Are you familiar with them?"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Mistral and Micah. She smiled, perhaps she’d judged the little female a bit harshly, she was only a child after all and this was obviously her guardian or chaperone of the sort. I’m Lola, she replied, watching wide eyed as the girl sprung into action and leaped upon her companion. Wait don-- too late. Mistral was already yanking on the white flecked male’s hair, but surprisingly the unceremonious wake-up call seemed to be just what he needed. Micah stirred and Lola bent over to help him to his feet, with a slight chuckle at Mistral’s actions. It was unorthodox, but it had worked. She was pleased to find the male rested little of his weight on her, perhaps the open wounds weren’t as bad as they looked?

She led him into the territory, already calling for Morty and noticing a few of her packmates were watching their slow progress. She waved them off with a free hand, it wasn’t anything for them to worry about at the moment and before Micah opened his mouth, she could already hear her friend springing to life inside her home. The vixen’s head cocked to the side listening to the wounded male’s question. She hummed an agreement, lips parting to answer his words. I am the acting Emissary to Inferni, it troubles me to think they’d act so randomly in violence. What happened to coax such an unfortunate response? She asked, just as the grey healer emerged from her house.

What’s this ye bring me? She crowed in question, fingers already twitching with delight, blood seemed to bring something out in the earth eyed female. This is Morty, Lola muttered to Micah, gently nudging him forward as the Medico strode towards them. The healer had no regard for personal space when it came to wounds, she immediately began fussing over Micah, poking and prodding while making sounds of delight. Well that won’t do...probably won’t even scar, the Medico whined to herself before stepping away with a sigh and beckoning for everyone to enter her home. Nothing good I tell ya, she mumbled, shooting daggers Lola’s way before disappearing into the din.

Lola shot Micah and Mistral an apologetic look. She’s a bit much, but she’s the best we have. Mort will have you patched up in no time, she assured the long haired male before following the steps her friend had taken.

optime:. Here's Morty!:. +431

...je tuerais pour vous
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:50 am

The one introduced as Morty hungered over his wounds with unsettling interest, and as he was buffeted with pokes and prods Micah frowned and stood with steel in his joints. He hated such doting and attention. He hated the touch of a stranger, no matter the reason, and hated the scents of countless unfamiliar strangers filling his nostrils. Even in the midst of so many offering hospitality, the coyote felt impeccably alone. Then, as he was ushered within the small home, Micah shot Lola a pathetic glance, one begging for her not to leave him alone.

Mistral, of course, darted between each their legs and set to exploring the abode without hesitation or discretion. Micah complained after her to no success.

"I, umm, I had problems with them before," Micah said at last to the clan's emissary after making some attempt to thank Morty for her time. "This coyote I met at the borders, I don't know his name... There was something just off about him. I can't explain it."

He paused to observe Morty at work a moment before adding, "He just wasn't right in the head. He could have attacked us if I hadn't run."

If I hadn't run. Damn, was he tired of hearing himself speak of running away.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Catching his look, Lola smiled to herself in amusement, back now turned to him as she followed after her friend. It would be a strange sort of torture if she left the white fleck male alone with her friend. Not many understood Morty’s humor or had the stomach for her interests; blood play, guts, and serious wounds, but Micah had nothing to fear, Lola wouldn’t be leaving his side anytime soon. She stepped into the small home smelling heavily of medicinal herbs and other concoctions only the healer was knowledgeable of, while Mistral got to work following her nose and exploring the dark corners of the house. The Corpo laughed softly, watching the multi-hued girl zip about, but her eyes returned to Micah when he began to talk.

All the while Morty began sifting through her supplies, opening jars, and setting odd instruments on the examination table. Lola’s smile started to wane, it sounded like things in Inferni were different from when she’d last been there. She hadn’t known them to be so hostile, but did not see any reason for this male to flat out lie to her. Having the gift of a silver tongue, she liked to believe she could spot a fellow snake when she saw one, then again, Aedan had deceived them all.

That’s very strange, she mused with him, her eyebrows knit in concern. Maybe it was time for her to pay the coyote dominant pack a visit? She knew Vesper had been highly cautious and guarded at her borders, but having her pack members openly threaten violence on callers seemed to be out of character. Had things changed that much from her last visit?

Yotes can never be trusted! Morty interjected, holding a vial of clear liquid in her hand that she intended to sterilize and clean Micah’s cuts with. You know that’s not true! Lola retorted, tutting her friend’s opinion with the sharp click of of her tongue, their current company had the look of coyote in him as well! She shot the medic a daggered look. Well I’m glad you’re safe, you and Mistral can stay here for as long as you need, she assured him, thoughts flitting back to her last meeting with a certain Inferni member. Hadn’t she thought he’d been a bit out of his head then? He was definitely different...not the same Priam she’d met on her first visit.

She shook the memory from her mind, that couldn’t be who he was referring to. Priam wouldn’t hurt anyone. Her attention slowly returned to the male as Morty got to work on his cuts. Mimi...I mean Mistral said you came here because of our alliance. I take it you’re from Cercatori then? She asked, wanting to learn more about the other and to help keep him distracted from the wounds Morty would no doubt be poking into shortly.

optime:. :. +503

...je tuerais pour vous
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

Dead Topics