→ so let mercy come ←

Alexander! Date: Jan 9th

POSTED: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:12 pm

OPTIME - Estella arrives during the evening of January 9th, riding Raven. (374)

The last few day had been quite exciting. After she'd moved into her new place, members of the Court came to her aid in order to help her settle in and get comfortable. Not long after that, a gift from a visiting friend in the form of a young colt. The two year old colt had just reached riding age a few months prior, and had already been trained enough that the novice Estella could ride him easily enough. He was a gentle sort with a protective streak she'd already encountered once, when a stranger had approached during their lessons and he'd kicked at them in his surprise. No one had been hurt, thankfully, and the colt hadn't kicked her or bucked her off in the process, so Estella felt confident riding her new steed, even beyond the safety of the Court lands.

So, Estella, curious to see how far she could go on horseback, decided to visit one of the neighbor packs. D'Arte had always been in good relations to the Court, but Estella was hesitant to travel through the Eclipse. So used to the coast, she feared getting lost in the thick, icey forest- or perhaps she feared that Raven wouldn't even fit through the thickest parts.

So she dressed Raven in a soft blanket, tacked him up and mounted, heading North instead, across the Shattered Coast. Halifax was another option, but the girl didn't feel safe bringing her new horse to such a crowded and neutral area. Who knows what could happen. Her travels brought her to Cada di Cavalieri, actually quite by accident as she took a long route around Halifax and found herself trapped between the city and the borders of the other pack.

She gave in. Casa seemed as good a place as any to rest and meet new people. So, remaining on the back of her horse, she raised her voice into the air and called for a Knight to come to her aid. Tucking into her cloak and the saddle, she leaned forward against Raven's thick mane and sighed. "Au moins, vous arrivez à être chaud, ami."

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Sorry about the wait on this! +5 (573)
time will not stand still for you · if you give up, you're as good as dead

He was no knight. One would think that the poet, born into the pack of Knights and Dragons, would be more susceptible to become much like his father, or at least like his precious sisters. Part of him thought that he was a failure to his parents because of his passive nature, and the other part of him was happy that he was not like them. It was not like he didn't want to fit into his own family, because that was not true, but it was just that he didn't fit into his own family. He would be the black-sheep who liked to read and write, and use words rather than fists and teeth or swords and clubs. An adventurer, and a diplomat, that's what Alexander was, and his family slowly forced him into the pack's traditions of throwing around their weight. To even be promoted from his pathetic rank of prova, he had to fight one of the other provas. Alexander didn't want to fight. He didn't want to have to train his body when his mind was so much more important than having brute strength. He'd rather be learning how to make things rather than learning how to fight at this point, and he realized that rather early on.

Alex ditched Alistair's training once more to do something productive such as border patrol. That and he was trying to get Cochise a little more used to others, and going on border patrols as well. Alex rode on the graying stallion's back and he urged the beast onward before there was a howl that had echoed throughout the lands. It was not someone of their pack, but he recognized the scent that would come on the wind as someone that was from the Court. It had been a few weeks since Alder had come from the pack of Miracles and offered gifts, and Alexander wondered if it was yet another Court member coming to give them gifts. Alexander likes gifts, and he urged Cochise to go towards the howl.

The stallion's hooves pounded against the earth as Alexander urged him into a gallop, to make sure that he was the first to get there in case there was anyone else on the look out for gift giving wolves. Alexander got there in almost record time, and he pulled Cochise to a abrupt stop as he found the source of the howl. He looked at the beautiful young girl and if he had no fur, his face would have turned a bright red when he laid his eyes on her. His large ears fell back lightly and his bright green eyes averted from her out of shyness. He didn't think that ti would be awkward to come talk to this person, but he didn't even realize that it was a female until now and not only that but the fact that she would be so beautiful. His tail wagged nervously before he finally let his eyes wander back over to her. Uhm...Hi there...My name is Alex Knight...Was there something I could uhm...help you with, miss? his tone was ever so polite and gentle. If it had been any other Knight, they might have been slightly more abrasive because of the recent conflict in the pack, but Alexander was different than the brutes he lived with.

table by raze; image from torbakhopper@flickr

ALEXANDER KNIGHT
Funny how every time you push me away, You turn around and you beg me to stay
Cut down from the things you say, It's the beating of, a broken drum
Avvie by Kiri, signature image by Songbird

J
Luperci
Dragon Knight

POSTED: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:32 pm

OPTIME - Shy 'Stella is somewhat intimidated by the handsome Knight who's come to greet her. (405)

The thundering hoofbeats brought Estella from her cuddled position, back upright and proper on the colt's back. As the shadowy figure emerged from the depths of the territory, she found herself feeling almost timid. The knight that rode upon the back of a horse was a handsome one, with sleek hair and soft green eyes. He looked away and stammered in a gentle voice, one she hadn't been expecting. With a shy smile, she brushed the hair from her face and sat back in the saddle.

"Excusez-moi, monsieur Knight. My name is Estella Butler. I've come from the Court in hopes of establishing friendly connections beyond my homelands." She explained with a sweetly shy voice, nose dipping down as she spoke. "I've brought a gift. Nothing special, though. Just some accessories I've made recently." She reached into her cloak to pull out a leather pouch. From it, she pulled a few beaded ropes, necklaces and bracelets of various sizes, shapes and colors. She held it up, then placed them back into the pouch and held it out to him. Raven moved with her leaning weight, closing some space between the two riders.

If the man took the pouch, she'd curl back into her cloak. "I do apologize. My experience with other packs... is lacking. I'm shy to admit, this is the first time I've traveled so far from my family. I hope that's enough to show my good intentions." Her ears tucked back at the admission. She wasn't sure why she'd rambled so much already, but she did suspect it had something to do with her company. The Knight was hardly sore to look at and though Estella was normally not the type to be infatuated with appearances, something about a handsome stranger from a far away kingdom just made her think, 'fairy tale'. She'd read plenty of books, love stories and tragic tales of star-crossed lovers, and as far as she could tell, this chance meeting could've been the start of such a tale.

Estella had always been sort of a romantic, and at such an age, those stories played on the imagination a bit more than one would expect. Surely such handsome male from such a prestigious pack would have no interest in a lady of domestic breed. At this particular thought, her smile weakened, but remained polite all the same. "I do hope it's no trouble, monsieur Knight."

POSTED: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 am

613 words → ooc: Alex is equally as flustered! Also, this thread is technically after the thread with her little sister, Silvia!

The Courtiers hadn't been a sore bunch to look at, at least of what Alex had seen so far. It had occurred to him that she looked familiar though, the floppy ears and the curly hair.His mind remembered the younger girl, and this girl didn't look too much older than the other girl that he had met from the Court. They looked almost as if they could be related, but he was unsure of how many mutts actually dwelt in the Court of Miracles. Alder didn't look like a mutt of any sort really, at least to Alex he didn't look like a mutt like the girls that he was meeting from the same pack. When she spoke in that delicate french accented voice, Alex could feel shivers coming up his spine a little bit. He felt a small smile tug at his lips though, and his ears delightfully took in the pretty girl's voice. He watched her as she pulled out a few of the bracelets and necklaces. He nodded his head lightly, and when she pulled her horse to his own, Cochise shifted uncomfortably, and nickered nervously at Alexander. Alex, in turn patted the horse on his neck and whispered a soft "It's okay" to the horse. She got close enough to where he was slightly uncomfortable, and he felt his cheeks heat up as their legs accidentally bushed together as Alexander leaned towards her to take the pouch that was offered to him. Thank you for your gifts, m'lady. the male spoke surprisingly straight and he bowed his head lightly to her. Cochise naturally took a few steps back to put a little bit of distance between himself and the other horse.

She continued to speak after he thanked her though and she seemed almost as nervous as he was. When she tucked her folded ears back, he mimicked her, his own large ears falling back and his eyes finally averting from her again. It's o-okay, he started to speak, his eyes rising back up to look at her.I'm sure the girls in the pack will like your gifts...Maybe some of the boys too.. I was planning on looking through them myself..You know..to see if there's anything that would look good.. he spoke, his voice trailing off at the end, seeming as if he felt like he was boring her, or saying the wrong thing to make her feel better about being so far from home for the first time. The girl went on to speak again, calling him by his last name, and the synonym for what the members of the pack were called. Alex shook his head. Please, call me Alex, miss Estella. the male corrected her, not wanting her to call him a Knight. He was a Knight, but not the kind that fights dragons, or saves princesses. He was the brooding Knight that maybe would joust, or a messenger, but never a hero. He was too much of a coward for that.

A-And it's really not a problem, I promise. the male spoke to her before he figured that he might as well tell her that he knew that he recognized her familial ties. The other girl, Silvia had called herself a Butler too. I think...I might have met your sister er something awhile ago....Her name was Silvia I believe. Mottled fur, pretty wavy hair...with a streak of white in it. he mentioned, his green eyes that had wandered from her and went to the pouch before they traveled back to the doggish girl again.

ALEXANDER KNIGHT
Funny how every time you push me away, You turn around and you beg me to stay
Cut down from the things you say, It's the beating of, a broken drum
Avvie by Kiri, signature image by Songbird

J
Luperci
Dragon Knight

Dead Topics