Stake a claim

[p.Estella]

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:20 pm

damn i managed to get some posts done in wisconsin after new year hit and saved 'em but damn i could not post any of it up save like.. two threads i got lucky with

Walking through the city streets
Is it by mistake or design

Silvano was feeling odd after coming back from his childhood home. He felt the ghosts of his past swelling into his very being that it became almost heavy. They all lived, but it was the weight of the memories that brought his heart sinking into his belly. He missed his mother and he missed his sisters; they had been a painfully close family. If something bad happened to one, the rest were sure to know soon and come running to help. They had all congregated together when Artemis had fallen and when that woman had killed his adopted brother. True, they all felt weak and exposed, but they were together.

Now, he was breaking apart his family here and it felt quite lonely to him. He wondered when he would feel like everything was cohesive again.

Silvano shrugged off these dark feelings, knowing that they led down a path he did not want to follow. He was not a very optimistic guy at all, but at least he could maintain his middle ground between happy and melancholy. It was the least he could do with himself. Like his predecessor, Silvano ended up spending most of his time wandering around the pack borders or around the training grounds. He did not much head out to Vinatta now, since he had to worry about his pack here.

The King walked in silence, lost in thought. He did not want to go down the path that the dead Dauphin had gone. That man had turned to drink and drowned his sorrows day and night. Being found dead had been hardly that much of a shock, considering how much of the stuff he went through. Silvano’s mother, when Artemis was still asleep, had told him as much; drink in excess killed the man who swilled it by barrels. No, that was not the way he would go.

That was when the Sadira male stumbled upon the shack. It was rundown, clearly. It smelled of fresh inhabitants that was slightly familiar to him beside the Court’s pack scent thick in the air. Silvano eyed the shack, wondering who had decided to make it their home. It was clearly run down. There were cracks in the windows, which seemed incredibly grimy and in need of a good cleaning. He wondered what else was amiss with the building.

“Who lives here?” he mused out loud, curiously eyeing the dilapidated construction.

i feel so alone on the friday nights, can you make it feel like home?

coding by Gen

SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:12 pm

OPTIME - Assuming Estella's never actually properly met Silvano. :| (346)

The move had not been easy. She's gotten help with setting up a place to sleep, but beyond that, she'd gotten very little done. The hut remained a mess, the windows covered with rags to hide the problematic mess inside. She'd been forced to keep the windows closed with the flurry on her first night and now, the next day, she could finally get to work cleaning and redecorating. She'd been in the back room doing just that when a voice rang out in front. The girl paused, wreckage in hand, to look.

Estella knew that voice well enough by now to know not to ignore it. King Silvano. She swallowed past the anxiety his title put in her gut and set down the things she'd been holding. On quiet paws but creeking floor boards, she made her way to the front door and opened it, head already tilting down in a respectful bow.

"Good morning, King Silvano." She spoke meekly, but clearly. When she rose from her bow, her eyes didn't quite meet his. Though she'd been told to act more natural around the Royals, Estella was overly aware of what his rank meant. If he so chose, she could be back in Halifax without any family or pack at all. Though Silvano was not known for his temper, she'd read enough books to know that when a King became angry for any reason, punishment would follow. "I live here, sire. I moved in yesterday."

She suddenly felt very small. Alone with the King, standing in the doorway of her tiny, run-down little shack, wearing only her wrap and circlet, Estella felt both underdressed and unprepared. She'd never really had any chances to talk with the King before, and now that she did, she found she had nothing to say that didn't sound stupid or silly to her. So instead, she stood with her hands folded in front, nose tilted down and ears pinned back, uncomfortable and clearly anxious. Poor thing had no idea what to expect.

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm also assuming that he's either met her briefly or just knows she's a Butler kidlet. Hope that's okey c:

There was a creak of wood and the King found that he had indeed stumbled upon somebody living in a shack in his Kingdom. His brows tightened together as he waited for whoever it was that heard him to emerge. He imagined a male, maybe, but did not expect one of the Butler brood to emerge with her head respectfully bobbed at him in a bow for his rank. He did not know what to say, especially since his comment was borderline insulting. He did not mean to say that the place may not look very nice, but it was pretty much a fact.

"Just you?" questioned the King, his tone light and casual with surprise. "You just moved, how come? Just time to move on?" He expected someone else and most of the others lived in their family groups. He himself did and always had, so it was always a little weird to the man to see people living on their own. Still, he had to admit that not everyone was the same. Some preferred to stay out of their family's way or away from them for whatever reason.

"No offence, young one, this place needs a lot of work before I think anyone ought to be living in it." He wrinkled the bridge of his nose, sniffling in the direction of the shack. It was not only for aesthetic reasons that he protested. The shack looked like it needed work on the walls and windows and roof, and pretty much all that was necessary to keep the thing up. He did not want one of the younger members of his Court to risk themselves to stay in such a place with a bid of independence. Freedom was one thing, being dead in the pursuit of it was another.

coding by Gen

SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:20 pm

OPTIME -lol Poor 'Stella, all lost and confused. (317)

The king's concerns were to be expected. As Estella looked up at the shack with her own look of disapproval, she agreed with what he had to say and understood his questioning words without debate. This place was hardly fit to be lived in, but Estella had found it quite endearing. She liked to think of it as being a fixer-upper, not something to be abandoned entirely. She gave a soft sigh at the work load, but smiled despite it as she turned back to face the King.

"My sisters are getting older. They'll need the space in the family home, and I wanted to have my own place. Somewhere I could work without bothering my parents." She explained, voice sweet as honey. "It's... a bit of a flip, but I think I can make it into a home." She rolled her shoulders in a small shrug. "That, and it gives me something to do besides making bracelets all day." A bashful smile crept onto her face and she lowered her nose, averting her eyes from the King in her shyness.

Then, she remembered her manners. "Oh, sincerest apologies, my King." She curtsied as she spoke, a well trained gesture she'd done many times but never to anyone quite so important. "My name is Estella Butler. I'd... invite you in, but..." Her gaze turned back into the house, her face contorted into a grimace. "...I don't really have a proper sitting room, yet. I wasn't expecting any company for some time." She stood in the doorway, looking between Silvano and her tiny house, unsure of what to say or do next. With ears turned back and shoulders tucked close to her cheeks, her discomfort for the situation was as evident as daylight's glow. Poor girl was at a loss.

POSTED: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:47 pm

sorry I delayed so hard on this! things happened but I'm going to push through the tired of readjusting to waking up in the am again.

The King was about to ask the girl what it was she made that required her the need of such spare space. But the youth continued and spoke of bracelets. Silvano looked confused for a moment, letting her speak her fill for the moment. He thought leatherworking was the most likely thing, but he thought that cloth could be used in weaving bracelets, too. "When you say work, what do you mean?" inquired the Sadira male, politely after Estalla had finished speaking.

However, the girl introduced herself, and the King smiled with a soft laugh. The innocence of youth made the King feel a little younger, despite his lack of high years. "Pleasure, Estella. And I'm sure that I aught not go in right now." He did not think much of the little shack the girl had taken up. There were still good homes left in Lunenburg for the taking but he did doubt some of it himself from the last storm they had. With so much of it damaged, perhaps something else was welcome beside the homes at the sea. "I'll make sure to bring a gift or something once you have the place all fixed up."

Silvano looked at the Butler girl with pity as she shot her home the odd glances. The King allowed himself to roll his eyes in amusement, and brushed past her toward the house. "Show me what you are thinking about doing. I might be able to help." Silvano had some carpentry experience, but nothing fancy. He had nailed shut the windows during the blizzard when Denali had been murdered and Artemis had fallen. "Good god, why are you doing this again?" he asked with a little laugh, still daunted by the fact this smaller creature wanted to fix up this place, somehow.

coding by Gen

SILVANO SADIRA

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

Dead Topics