To Bring The Pieces Back Together

Rediscover Communication

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am

((332)) +3 | Apologies for shortness. Hope this is alright!

Thankfully, the weather wasn't too frightfully horrid during his short journey withing the pack lands. While it was still quite cold, the harsh winds biting at his tender flesh even through his thick grey coat and lengthy pelt, the sky was otherwise clear, and hinted toward no immediate precipitation (though that had a tendency to change without any warning at all, the merle male had observed in the past).
If he'd been traveling along a longer route, say toward his wayward son's home rather than his loving daughter's new place, the shepherd opinion of the overall condition would have been more likely to change. Since he could already see his destination growing near as he stepped lively to be free from the chill, he could consider the trip not so bad and worth the worrisome reason.

Grunting softly as he adjusted the heavy wooden crate in his arms, the cockney canine stood outside of the creaky establishment.
He set the box down and backed up from the door some after giving it a quick knock. His heterochromic glance followed the outline of the building, noticing a few areas just outside that would likely require attention if it was to withstand any sort of storm or usage over a vast amount of time... Or, any time, the Briton noticed, reevaluating the fixture before him. He wasn't disappointed in his daughter, knowing the difficulties of finding a suitable place to live in such a relatively short time, but he did wish that she'd allowed him time to fix things up for her before settling within the untrustworthy walls. Until he knew it was safe, the Englishdog wasn't at all content.

He hurriedly returned to the door, finding it rude to be of staring at her accomplishment, hands in his pockets and a box of treats set carelessly nearby. No, the Butler sire preferred to be a friendly smiling face, eager to see the lovely Estella again before she grew up too fast on him.

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:57 am

OPTIME - Pumped Estella is Pumped! (318)

She'd been cleaning up a mess of wooden panels when he knocked. The girl had spent her early morning ripping off the paneling covering the main room's walls. Though she could've afforded to wait on this particular project, the ugly, rotted, faded wood simply had to go. In her early morning gruff, she'd come to despise it enough to do it herself, right then and there. So when Daddy came knocking, she had to call back with a 'one minute' as she struggled to shove wooden scraps into one pile and out of the way.

A moment later, she appeared in the doorway, dusty but smiling without any real signs of stress. Her smile only brightened upon seeing her father there. "Papa! Salut! What're you doing here?" She stepped forward quickly to give the man a quick hug, if he didn't object, then returned to the doorway and stepped aside. "Come in! Excusez le désordre, I was working on the walls, so it's dusty." She twittered, shrugging as she stepped into the main room, where the walls now sported only the supports and outer walls.

"There were fresher boards in the back room, and I've got plenty of furs to lines the walls, so it'll stay warm." She explained quickly, moving to hold up one of the scraps of pelt in question. "And plenty more full pelts in the room if it gets too cold." She grinned sheepishly and looked away. "Je dois l'hôtel quelques peaux ..." A quick laugh followed, then she'd move quickly back to the scrap panels.

"I figured these would be good to fuel a fire or something. What do you think, Papa?" The girl was going a mile a minute, clearly excited and very proud of her work so far. The shack still groaned with age and wear, but to the young Butler girl, this place was her castle by the sea.

POSTED: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:08 pm

((432)) +3 | Excuse Harv's accent unnng. :I

The Brit, despite the hastily passed worry over what had possible distracted her from getting to the door, laughed softly himself and nodded his head in a manner than brought attention to the crate now once again cradled in his arms. "Well, ya know 'ow your Mum is. She was worried ya wouldn't 'ave much t' eat yet, bein' as ya've jus' moved an' all, so she packed ya up some treats and trinkets... I 'aven't 'ad a look frough it meself, but I fig'rd you could do tha' when ya 'ad the time." He smiled, leaning into his daughter's embrace. If it hadn't been for the gift he came bearing, the merle would have more than willingly returned to gesture, always having been a dog of affection, but due to the obstruction, he merely gave an apologetic shrug in headed indoors.

His dual-coloured gaze widened, staring at the tattered walls she'd claimed to be working on. It was certainly true or, at least, he hoped, given the mess. "Love, I do 'ope ya can get somefin' up soon. What are ya goin' t' do if some bloo'y storm come our way 'fore ya can get those pelts up? Well, I'll tell ya what you'll do..." He huffed, placing the crate down in a corner than seemed relatively clean and out of the way. Stretching his back some and dusting off his coat, the Butler sire neared Estella. "You'll let me 'elp ya. There ain't no way I could 'ead back 'ome knowin' ya could freeze t' death."

His French wasn't as fluent as his children, embarrassingly, but he understood the general ideas of her statements. It mattered little to the Englishdog where she got the pelts, but only if she was able to effectively use them before anything unfortunate befell the young lady. Still, the courtier did have to credit his beloved offspring for the resourced she'd managed to obtain; while Basil had quickly ran off to an already furnished and proven suitable abode, their previous home, Estella had gone off to find some place to call her own completely, starting from scratch and truly earning her rewards. Plus, she'd managed to stay within the pack lands, instead of abandoning her community to live the life of a vagabond loner with no company other than a carefree Irish mutt and whatever savage creatures shared the abandoned city.

"Hm. I'll admit, i' needs work..." The shepherd nodded, crossing his arms. He shot the Butler pup a friendly grin. "But tha' 'alf the fun, ain't i'? Jus' lovely, Estella... I'm proud of ya."

Harvey Butler

Signature image by Gen
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Pablo
Luperci Mate to Aoves
How's Your Father?

Dead Topics