tomorrow never knows

POSTED: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:31 am

Months had passed since the scrap with the Inferni woman, and while the d'Artisan no longer lived in a state of perpetual terror Micah found himself still glancing time and time again over his shoulder.

That wretched coyote woman would not come wandering to Cercatori borders to finish him off, for their clash was result of misunderstanding and not birthed from personal resentment or vengeance. It was, in his mind, a fluke. A mistake. The logical half of his mind coaxed that she had already forgotten him, but the second half—the coward—claimed perhaps it had only just begun. Micah tangled with Priam on clan borders shortly before, and the only Lykoi he had come across since his return to this land belonged to his very pack. Was there a vendetta against Lykoi? Could he be targeted?

No, of course not. What a ridiculous notion.

But the worries proved too much for him, and for a time the coyote set aside spraycan and pulled bandana from snout to tie it instead over his hairline. Stirring from her nap at the shift in sound Mimi glanced first at the unfinished mural on the wall and questioned to herself why the man left the snow-capped pine trees unfinished and abandoned the white paint for the knife from his satchel. To be pulled from his muse and so suddenly — that was hardly like Micah at all. Draped in his sweatshirt Mimi said nothing at first, turquoise eyes following her guardian's form as he began to practice with the weapon.

It was a pitiful display of inexperience. Mimi watched him a while, frowning, before the seven-month-old crossed her forelegs and said at last, "Papa... You look like an idiot."

"Thanks." He knew better than to take it personally.

"How are you going to learn anything just swinging at the air?"

"It's better than not practicing at all," Micah argued. "I-I mean, if I can just get a better feel of it in my hand—"

In that moment when he next swiped the blade, his grip wavered and the hilt loosened within his palm. The knife shot careening through the air, clashing noisily against the mural on the wall before landing unceremoniously in the snow. Micah could only heave a discouraged sigh in the aftermath and drag his feet upon retrieval.

"I hope you weren't planning to teach me too," said Mimi, chuckling as she lay head back down to finish her nap.

Last edited by Micah Sunrise Lykoi on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Winter was well underway now and the white ground and frozen waters was evidence of this. However, lately Jazper had begun to notice the days were getting longer again. The thought of upcoming spring added some energy to his step. On this sunny winters day he headed out of the territory for some private time away from the pack, his two legs carrying him through the abandoned town of Wolfville.

It was rare that the Sole visited the abandoned town; normally if he needed any human goods he would send someone to the outpost or head into Halifax to scavenge for the goods. Wolfville was simply second best when compared to the near by city, but that was what the Knight was looking for right now. He knew very well that ever since they took half of the town into their territory the loners had left or moved to the boarders of the town, leaving the pack with the run of the town.

A clink of metal and the refreshing sound of a youth’s laughter caught the aging Alpha’s attention. Pausing he turned his muzzle in the direction of the sound and gave a good sniff before moving forward. D’Arte. He knew the scent as well as he knew Casa’s own smells. Rolling his shoulders back to stand tall he entered into the sight of the two Cercatori wolves. “Hello.” He greeted calmly with a sideways smile. Golden eyes observed the situation, an older dark male and a young lady, and then he spotted the unfinished mural. “Did you two do this?” He asked, his tone even.

OOC: Move the date to Feb 1st? 300+ words

Melissa
Luperci Serve and Protect
Knight in Black
Soulja Boy

POSTED: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 am

When he raised his head again with dagger newly recovered, another man had joined them.

The knife fumbled out of his paint-stained fingers at the spike of alarm before the coyote could even straighten up again. The point of the blade struck frozen ground inches from his toes, and Micah squeaked a second time before transforming the pathetic sound into a forced cough and throat clearing.

"Um, hello," the coyote replied, almond eyes unable to find a place to settle his eyes on the wolfish stranger. A scar here, another there, a dozen more there. He cowered at sight of weapons, but recognized the Cavalieri scent.

Mistral, of course, glared from beneath the sheets of his sweatshirt and curled her face beneath. Between her guardian's flailings and now this intruder, she would never get a wink of sleep.

The coyote's eyes trailed to the mural in question, staring at it a great pause as he attempted to find an excuse to say no. The work was glaringly incomplete and his lack of anatomical understanding far too obvious. He took a breath, prepared an answer, and fumbled it. "Umm, yes, b-but it's not done and I-I-I had to reference out of a book I found, so it's really not anything to look at."

His glance returned to the man, falling upon the bizarre tattoo over his eye—was that a sun?

"Hey, my middle name is Sunr—" he started in a sudden excitement, then cut himself short and sunk into his shoulders. He's going to think you're a goddamn idiot if he doesn't already. "—M-Micah. My name's Micah. You're from Casa di Cavalieri, right? You must know Lola and Valerie. I-I didn't mean to trespass if I am."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:39 pm

He watched as the dark coyote fumbled awkwardly, the Sole’s brows rising at just how clumsy he was acting. Surely he hadn’t startled them that much. The comical scene played out quickly, a drop of the knife, a squeak and a cough later the male seemed to be carrying on, more than a little phased by what had just happened, while the Knight struggled to keep a straight face. Pointing down to the knife Jazper spoke, “Maybe try starting with a blunt knife first.” He would never allow a youth in Casa to start their training on a sharpened weapon, if he did half of Casa would be missing fingers or toes. Though he assumed the knife was sharpened, which may not have been the case given how clumsy this male seemed to be with it.

He decided not to dwell on the male’s clumsy and embarrassing outburst, instead focusing his attention on the art. The Knight had never been good at drawing or painting, and had only known a few wolves who had taken to the art, so almost anything would impress him. “I like it.”

His listened carefully, golden eyes kindly watching the red-muzzled male as he spoke. “My name is Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. , it’s nice to meet you Micha.” His voice was kind and gentle. “I do know Valerie and Lola, very well. Valerie is my daughter and Lola is my daughter in law, though her mate is my adopted son. And no, you’re not trespassing friend.”

OOC: 200+ words

Melissa
Luperci Serve and Protect
Knight in Black
Soulja Boy

POSTED: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am

A blunt knife? Micah had never considered such a thing, much less did he own or have access to one. The granite coy looked sheepishly to the blade in his hand, then ducked it behind his back and mumbled, "Yeah, you're probably right." A swordsman would know best, but it embarrassed Micah no less.

Jazper approved of his painting, but outside a humble smile and avoidant eyes Micah said nothing further of his work. He did not believe it worth talking about, not with someone who further introduced himself as father to one friend and father-in-law to the other. Micah recognized the name enough to know Jazper as one of the cavaliers' leaders, though the coyote was not sure if there were more. This man had family, muscle, skill and prestige. Micah, in comparison, had nothing.

Of course, the Lykoi would not envy. He detested himself instead. If Mimi was to be called his child, even there he had failed; the pup was outspoken and frankly disrespectful, though the de l'Or at present kept quiet.

"It's, uh, nice to meet you too—s-sir," the coyote replied, spine stiffened straight as a tree trunk and all joviality seeped from his features. He saw now where Valerie adopted her warrior's mindset, why painting had been so difficult for her. It stemmed from her family, a powerful influence. "They're good friends," he added, uncertain what else to say.

Though hesitant, the Lykoi seized the obvious opporunity, though the seize was hardly posed in confidence: "I don't have a blunt knife, but uhh, maybe you could show me a thing or two? I-I mean, if you have some extra time... you obviously know more than I do."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

Dead Topics