about the hive and the honeybees

POSTED: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:26 pm

By horseback Cour des Miracles was no more than a few hours' distance from their d'Artisan home, but with the season at full, blustering strength and Micah a nervous wreck away from home, the trip stretched the span of a day — and what a day it was, for even in the midst of his anxiety Micah took the time to relish how beautiful the sun glowed through frozen branches and the way the cold nipped his nose to remind him he was alive. He was his mother's child, through and through, though he hated to admit it so.

Mimi and Muddy, the tawny communal stallion borrowed from the d'Artisan stables, did not share in the same revelry. They spent a night outdoors not far from the Court's borders, and while the granite coyote strummed guitar and admired the music within the clouds formed at his lips, Mistral paced and shivered and refused to keep still by the fire long enough to warm up. The stallion, of course, was well-fed and blanketed with great gratitude by his temporary master. He could not appreciate beauty like Micah, but neither could he be happier outside the cold spoiled with such circumstance.

By noonday, when it seemed late enough not to be rude, Micah collected their camp and called politely at the pack's borderlines. Mimi, smaller still than a fullbred coyote despite her six months, insisted to pace and bark and hurry along any who had heard them, and in her wake Micah could only fidget his hands and gently remind the young woman that she was not a guest, but a stranger in these parts.

Mistral saw no difference in her case.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Silvano Sadira
On the shoulders of oppressed men was a world like this made

Image (c) Square Enix

Silvano had a good deal of anxiety in his heart, knowing what was coming. He had to tell his mate about everything, before one happened to appear at the borders without a care in the world. That it would spread like fire, he had no doubt, but he had to have Giselle be aware of it before the time came. Still, he hesitated because he did not know how to break such a thing to her. He worried. And it showed. He seemed more tired than before but still grimly pushed sleepless nights beside his mate.

Still he heard the call at the border as he patrolled without his horse. The stallion was at the stables for some relaxation or training, whichever Alder preferred to do. It was a good thing to just walk about briskly and work out the anxiety in his very soul. However, as he turned toward the source of the sound, the King noted that he seemed slow of breath, maybe from spending a good part of the late morning running about. He slowed, allowing his breath to return to normal and no longer a panting mess.

The sound other than the call drew some curiosity from him, causing him to approach carefully but amused. He saw two figures, one clearly younger and eager, the other older and male. Silvano eyed them both before catching the reassuring scent of the Artisans. He let a smile force itself onto his lips as he approached them, burying the worry into the back of his mind. He was sure he still seemed tired but at least he could deal with this.

"Is there something I can help you with? We don't get many D'Artisans here," commented the male, eyeing the two of them. The male's pelt was a strange multi-hued thing that drew the eye, but it was clear that the young female was the one more excited to be here. "Is this your first trip out of your pack?" asked the King, words directed to the female without a hint of condescension, though it could easily have been seen as such.

kick me in the ass because i suuuck

SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:04 pm

The man walked like a scarecrow removed from his pole, wearing an expression not unlike the imagined body of straw. In automatic response the coyote began wringing the ponytail of two-tone curls adorning his shoulder and ducked almond eyes away, only to return at the stranger's greeting.

He met them with a certain grace and benevolence Micah had not anticipated for a man of such presently ragged features, but the d'Artisan met with relief just the same. His experiences with Inferni were not soon forgotten, long ago as they might now have been, but a coward like he still bore the scars inside and out as fresh and new and not a day old. To venture here, to Cour des Miracles, and to a warm reception — truly, he could not have asked for better, if not only for Mimi's sake.

"I-I hope we're not, umm, we're not intruding," said the Artist, a humble smile shaping the nervous stutters. "I-I'm Micah, Micah Lykoi, and this is—"

"Mistral de l'Or," said the Spitz mix, equally serious and prideful in childish manner, "granddaughter of Jacquez Trouillefou, the King of this place."

While Micah visibly withered in terror, the pup puffed her miniscule frame and boomed, "An' that makes me royalty here. So who are you?"

Dropping rapidly to his knees, the coyote clasped his hands over the child's snout. "S-Sorry, she's, umm, she's—" he ignored the child biting at his fingers, "—she just wanted to know if she had family here still. Her mother said some things, I guess, I mean..."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Silvano Sadira

Image (c) Square Enix

The male before him had a very strange pelt that made the King stare at it briefly. It was an interesting mix that he did not understand. He glanced at the girl before him and then at the man, who was clearly a little nervous to be here before him. Silvano wondered why. Had there been some past transgression with the Court or was he just skittish?

When the odd hued male introduced himself. Then the girl did, and the King smiled at her as she spoke. The smile twitched a little but he managed to remember that this was a girl child and not an adult that knew what they were talking about.

At first he was amused by the child, full of herself and clearly full of pride for her bloodline. But the amusement faded a little as he realized that this girl might want to come and attempt to claim that she ought to grow up and rule. As far as the current King knew, Jacquez had left the land long before he had arrived and before his own predecessor had taken the throne himself, both Vigilante and Strelein.

Micah fell to his knees and before Silvano could ask him that it was hardly a necessary thing, had clamped the girl's mouth with a hand. Well, that was rather funny, but the King held back an amused chuckle.

"I'm afraid I can't help. I don't think anyone in the pack can help anymore," he said looking at the oddly colored male, apologetic. His emerald gaze shifted to the girl. "And I'm Silvano, King of this place, so that makes me your King." It was not true, especially since neither one of these two were from the Court. They were not his people to worry for and the girl child had irked him. "I'm sorry, Jacquez has not been here for a long time. I came here at the tail end of the Aniwaya War. He had been long gone before then. He has not been back since as far as I know." It was no good information but it was all he knew.

SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:49 am

Mistral scoffed a selfish noise at his reply, but with Micah's hands shoving all words back into her mouth, the wolfdog merely glared her obvious disapproval. The coyote had begun to shake, and though these nervous wracks had become increasingly less these days Mistral would have none of it. She chewed at his fingers long enough to free herself, then marched to the King's feet and craned back head to gaze challengingly skyward and into his face.

"So you took it?" she accused, defiant yet ultimately unsure in tone. "He left so you took it. Mama said you did, she said the guy running it wasn't one of my grandfather's kids. She said it didn't work that way and you have to give it back."

"Mi-Mistral, y-you shouldn't—"

"I'm not done!" bellowed the pup, tail tightening in its curl and poofing pelt sticking in all directions. "That doesn't matter anyway, 'cause Mama said my dad's part of the new line, 'cept I don't know who he is but he lived here and still did when she died. D'you know who he is?"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Silvano Sadira

Image (c) Square Enix

Clearly the mother had been very confused about some things, telling her child some strange tales. Silvano had not become King the way she seemed to think, and this made him look at her with a great deal of pity. Unable to comprehend why she thought herself entitled, since their royal succession had never happened, except with Charlotte becoming Queen at her father's passing. So, in truth, hers was the first actual royal line in their Court. Silvano hoped his would be as well, but he was not as sure about that.

Mistral was very distraught it seemed, but it was a puppy tantrum, something the King knew well enough about. He had watched his sister and defused her enough times to know what he was doing here. He did not allow himself to get any angrier, and kept looking at her calmly, as she stormed down at him. He eyed the oddly colored male, wondering why he was shaking so badly. Fear? Anger? Uncertain.

"I do not know who your father is." He did not, he was unsure of any pups that had come from another in that line. He, really, had little knowledge about Jacquez and his line. "Your father left and our Queen's father took over. He would know better, I think. Unfortunately, he has been dead a long while and you're out of luck," he quipped back at her. He was good at being patient, but this was itching underneath his skin something fierce.

"I am King because I earned it from another, not your grandfather." He had not disposed Jacquez, nor was his predecessor (in a manner of speaking) even chosen by Jacquez. It all went to Vigilante, but somehow the Sadira knew that it was not like this girl was taught.

Silvano looked toward Micah, sighing heavily at him. "Do you know what she's talking about? I'm not really sure where she's getting her information from but I think it's a little warped." He looked almost tired about this, unused to his claim being challenged, not since that meeting to announce his ascension.

SILVANO SADIRA

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am

"Mama said he was here," she insisted, undaunted by the King's growing impatience. "Mama said he was still here when she died last June. Only Mama was Jacquez's. My papa could still be here. You gotta find out who he is."

But Silvano turned his attention from her, exhausted evident to Micah of her bullheadedness and lack of control. She was a child; Micah contained what he could of her, but something told him this streak of strong personality was something quite inherited, neither mimicked from nor encouraged by her granite coy guardian.

"I don't know much more," Micah said, straightening up to make himself more presentable in Mistral's poor stead. "She, umm, sh-she's been through a lot. Someone killed her mother in Halifax, and someone else pent her up in a cage for a long time and barely fed her. She's never seen her father but she's certain he lives here—or, umm, I guess he did at one point."

"Mama said I was her way back 'in,'" said Mistral, chest filling with an ignorant pride. Micah looked to her obviously clueless, this information new even to him. Was she going to be used? "She said my papa's royalty and we were gonna get back 'on top.' Or something like that."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

Dead Topics