[m] grow up and fly away

shiloh

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

shortshort[000]

She smelt funny. Sóli couldn't quite figure out what it was that was different, but there was something that wasn't quite right and it caused a knot of anxiety in the pit of her stomach. The girl hasn't quite realised anything was wrong until he father had looked up the night before and given her the strangest look she'd ever seen from the Virding. She couldn't even describe what it had been like, an intense look of confusion perhaps that had crossed his face, but it had made her feel uncomfortable. It was then that she'd noticed a change, a shifting of something in her personal scent that had never been there before. She'd gone to bed shortly after that, deeply confused and uncertain about what it all meant. Rising early that morning, she'd exited the house and tried not to think too much about it. Heading out to the stables, she'd intended to check on the sheep; she liked to collect their wool and use it sometimes. But things got even weird there. Jin had looked up when he'd caught scent of her coming and she'd seen him inhale deeply before a rumble of something that sounded like pleasure erupted from the dingo.

After that, he'd followed her, subtly, around the pens as she'd greeted the animals, giving Hermes a pat on the shoulder for her father. When the dusky orange male had reached over to brush his fingertips down her side, Sóli had given up and she'd run away, trying her hardest not to run away as the male had called after her. She needed to speak to someone and, as always, the first to come to mind was her Aunt. She moved closer to Jordheim, her heart rate slowing down slightly but the confusion etched upon her face. Taking the more than familiar path through Jordheim to her Aunt's house, she glanced through the window to see if she was home. "Aunt Shiloh? Are you in? I need to talk to you..." She called out, politely unlike some of the other times she'd approached her aunts house.

Images courtesy of dawnthieves, Template by Aso

Sólieri Stormbringer
In heat 9th Jan - 16th Jan

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm

437 words. (Sorrryyyy!)

“The snowshoe hares have turned white. I brought this,” Jérôme said, grabbing the cured furs and placing them on her work station. “I thought it might look good with some of the blue fabric.”

Shiloh nodded. “They look lovely, Jérôme, thanks.” She reached down for a spool of blue thread, positioning the fur next to the dark blue cloth to make sure that it matched. She threaded a needle and, her brow furrowed in concentration, started to sew a portion of the fur to the long cloth of the cloak. The male watched her face rather than her work, at least until Shiloh held up the practice piece. “Yes, that’d make an excellent trim. Unless you wanted to catch a hundred more to line it,” she teased.

He grinned. He was starting to grin more around Vinátta, she noticed—less self-conscious about the scars etched into his flesh, which turned any small smile into something wide and macabre. Her gaze softened slightly, and he looked down at the collection of pelts at his feet. “I don’t think the population would ever recover, unless you’re making this cloak for a midget.” He sighed. “Deer might do, though? If it’s light enough in color. Blue and tan look good.”

She nodded. “We’ll make a fashion-savvy Luperci out of you yet,” she said, serious, and then she laughed when he scratched behind his ear self-consciously.

It was about this time that his ears flicked up. “Someone’s head is poking in the window,” he said, and she turned in her chair to see a blonde head. Not a moment later a voice called, and she stood, smoothing down her grey wool dress and walking to the door.

Shiloh opened the door to her niece, smiling. “What is it, Sóli?” she asked—but then the telltale scent of estrus crept into her nostrils.

She turned her head. Jérôme had adopted the uncertain, near-submissive posture he always did when around anyone besides Shiloh’s immediately family, but his head lifted slightly and his nostrils flared. He frowned and scratched behind his ear again, looking slightly uncomfortable—but not as alert and longing as he sometimes looked when Shiloh was in heat.

“You may leave, Jérôme,” Shiloh called, and the Frjáls nodded, his ears flattening. Shiloh bade her niece enter the house, and the timberwolf stepped out, giving the females a glance over his shoulder.

“Good luck,” he said to Shiloh, who sighed.

“Have a seat, if you want,” she told Sóli.
issola strikes from courtly bow
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
Luperci Mate to Silvano Freyja's Chosen
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:44 pm

shortshort[000]

As always, it didn't take long for her Aunt to answer the door and Sóli gave her the warm smile that had always come naturally in the presence of the blonde Araedi. She felt comfortable around Shiloh in a way that wasn't possible around her now-absent mother, simply because she knew Shiloh better and she felt at ease with her. However, as the door opened, it revealed Jerome, who Sóli had no issue with. She offered him an equally nice smile, tail swishing once or twice back and forth before his posture changed, something she couldn't place and didn't know that she wanted to; everyone was so weird today. She'd paused when Shiloh had asked her what she wanted to talk about and was about to answer when the authoritative voice of the female caught her attention. Her brown furrowed slightly as she watched Jerome comply without hesitation, walking past her. "Why does Jerome have to leave, Aunty Shiloh? What's wrong?" She questioned, glancing back at the male just in time to catch his wish of luck.

Anger and frustration welled in her and she turned back to Shiloh as she invited her in to take a seat. "Why do you need luck, Aunty Shiloh?" She questioned, brown furrowed a little harder as she tried to work it out. Still, she did as she was asked and walked in, gathering the hem of her rabbit-fur cloak in an attempt to bring it off the snowy ground. Once inside, she took it off and hung it by the door, aware that she would just get cold if she kept it on. Moving about the familiar place, she took a breath as she sat down. "Aunty Shiloh-" She started with all seriousness. "I think something is wrong with me." Her blue eyes clouded in concern, golden paws clasped together as she tried her best not to just cry about it. "Dad looked at me really weird yesterday and then this morning I went out to the stables and Jin was following me and he touched me, well my side anyway and everyone is looking at me weird." She got it all out, biting her lip briefly to display just how uncertain she was of the whole situation.

Sólieri Stormbringer

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:04 pm

630 words.

Shiloh did not once regret that she had become a mother figure for her brother’s children. She cherished them and only wished that she could protect them forever. While they had grown now, she tried to be available in order to help them, and so as far as she was concerned, she was doing her job. The only thing she did regret was not preparing Sólieri for this ahead of time, perhaps when they were discussing other intimate things.

She sighed but didn’t answer her questions right away, instead moving to her work station and tidying things up. It was far more organized now that most of the kittens had moved out of the house; she only had to deal with the occasional act of mischief from Aysun. The deaf cat was out with Dreyma now, she knew, and her other children probably would not be back for some time. She tried to afford them as much freedom as she could—even if she would sic Wilson and Muddy on them sometimes to make sure that nothing happened to them.

Sólieri hung her cloak up and started to explain herself as she sat, Shiloh pulling the chair out for her in the midst of her organization. The words were what she expected them to be—at least until the remark about the dingo. Her blue eyes turned steely, briefly, but she sighed and shook her head.

“Jérôme left because this is another one of those woman-to-woman talks,” she explained. It was more than that, since she didn’t know how the feral male would react around her niece’s heat, but luckily he hadn’t seemed interested. It was more of a matter of privacy than awkwardness, then. “You remember when we talked about sex and stuff, right?” she prompted.

She knelt on the floor, touching her niece’s arm lightly and looking up at her. “You’re in heat, Sóli,” she said. “It happens to females every few months once they’re old enough to have puppies.” Gods, she could only imagine what was going through poor Saul’s mind. Temeraire would’ve been old enough to father pups for a while now, but it was different with men and their daughters, she suspected.

“Your heat means that you’re receptive to having puppies right now. So—” She paused, deciding to use an example that was a little embarrassing to talk about. “When I… when I and Silvano had sex,” she said, averting her eyes uncomfortably and placing her hands in her lap, “I was in heat, so that’s why I got pregnant. And it’s different for every female how long it lasts, or how often it happens, or how strong it is.” Her own heat was so weak that she barely noticed when it started or ended—probably her only excuse for having the accidental children with the King. “You’ll be back to normal in little while, I promise.”

She huffed, pushing her hair back from her face. “But anyway, heat makes you smell different—and it makes you smell good to males. It’s so they know you can have puppies, and so they’ll want to mate with you to pass on their heritage.” She frowned. “And, unfortunately, it sometimes makes other canines act crazy. Most of the civilized ones just ignore it, but some of them might…”

She flattened her ears and grimaced—this was probably where she’d need the luck, she thought. “That’s probably why Jin touched you. And if he touches you again and you aren’t comfortable with that, you tell me straight away.” There was only so much biology would forgive. Her tone turned a bit dangerous.
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 pm

shortshort[000]

One of the best things about Shiloh was her no nonsense attitude and her frank ability to get to the point. Sóli remembered, in all its excruciating detail, the talk they'd had about sex, when she'd thought she was messed up for liking her Uncle Ascher. Now that it had all been explained to her, she understood perfectly well that that had not been acceptable and she felt even more thankful that Shiloh had been there to explain what was wrong about it. It was a luxury that had not been afforded to her by her mother; Lilin had not been around to explain what was wrong about it. Her aunt waited for her to explain everything, before her blue eyes turned slightly steely at the mention of Jin. Aside from being weird, it hadn't upset her very much, it was just an unusual occurrence that she didn't know what to think about it. But Shiloh began to explain why she'd sent Jerome away, telling her it was more woman to woman stuff before she reminded her of the sex talk. Swallowing around the lump of embarrassment in her throat, nodding in agreement. "Of course, how could I forget that one?" She replied with a soft snort of breath, though the uncertainty about what was to come made it slightly pained.

Although it was not exactly a bombshell, the answer wasn't what she'd thought. Her eyebrows shot up as Shiloh told her that what she was going through meant she could have puppies. "Are you kidding?" She breathed, although it was a rhetorical question as she tried to get her head around that. Puppies? Did she want puppies? No, she was too young. Shiloh continued and while Sóli could tell that it was an awkward topic, brought up her relationship with Silvano. She remained quiet as more information was given, how her smell changed and how males could act "crazy". And then her words trailed off, which caused the golden Hollr to look up. "Might what?" She questioned, before Shiloh spoke about Jin. "Oh, okay, I will." She promised, before her brow crumpled in despair. "I don't want to have puppies yet!" She squeaked, golden ears flattening against her head as she tried to get her head around this concept.

Sólieri Stormbringer

POSTED: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:46 pm

382 words. Fuuck this was really uncomfortable to write. <<

Shiloh smiled at the girl’s retort about the “sex talk,” but the mood was a bit graver following that. She managed to keep her tone neutral, as she didn’t want to scare the girl—the woman—but there were slightly darker implications surrounding this one. She remembered Týr coercing her when she wasn’t much older than Sólieri, and while it hadn’t been a violent affair, the male had pressured her into doing something she knew in hindsight she hadn’t been very ready for. She’d closed herself off and denied her sexuality ever since then, until first a stranger and then Silvano brought her out again.

Sóli let out a shocked interjection, but Shiloh didn’t say anything to that or stop until the girl had actual questions to ask. She frowned at the prompt for her to finish, but waited a few moments. She took in a deep breath and glanced out toward the window.

“A male might force you to have sex,” she said—and very quickly reached for her niece’s hand. “But that’s something that might happen anyway, that’s a danger no matter…no matter if you’re in heat or even if you’re a girl.” She thought about Jérôme and winced. She wondered why she was mentioning this at all, but she thought it was important. “I don’t want to scare you, sweet. It’s just something that happens in the world, like innocent wolves getting attacked outside the borders. You just have to be careful around any wolves you don’t know, and especially careful when they can smell you.”

She sighed. “But it’s okay. You won’t have puppies if you’re careful, and when you find a mate and want to have them, then you’ll know when the best time to try for them is.” She stood and kissed her niece on the forehead, pausing to nuzzle her a moment.

“And I’ll talk to Jin. He wouldn’t hurt you, since you’re a pack mate, but I’ll make sure he understands you don’t want to be involved with him anyway, and make sure he doesn’t talk to you different or anything like that.”
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

POSTED: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:57 pm

shortshort[000]

Despite her concerns, her Aunt was as calm as ever, though something shifted between the two of them, something darker. She sensed it as a shift in the air, a dim in the older womans smile. Whatever Shiloh was thinking of, it stole the sparkle from her eyes and that wasn't something Sóli had intended. Despite the dropped atmosphere Shiloh continued, though her next words were almost as shocking as those done previously. Force her? A shudder rushed through her as her thoughts turned to what that would feel like; she'd been pinned down by her brother enough in her use and subjected to all manners of nasties to know what that would feel like. Gripping the hand that Shiloh offered tightly, explaining that she didn't mean to scare her, but giving her the advice to stay away from the borders, to stay away from situations that could end up in something she did not want. As she always found with her Aunt, there was comfort as she reassured her that she didn't have to have pups.

As Shiloh stood to kiss her forehead, Sóli was quite to return the nuzzling gesture. It seemed there was shocking information whenever these types of issues arose. "Thank you, Aunty Shiloh." She murmured, not only for the advice but the physical comfort she bought. "I'll be way more careful outside of Vinátta, I promise. I don't want to be forced into anything..." She murmured once more, her tongue flashing out to touch her Aunt's cheek in gratitude. As she mentioned Jin again, Sóli nodded softly, thinking about how uncomfortable it had made her. "Yes please. I don't want him to act weird; I like going to the stables!" She didn't want it to be awkward at all, but if it stopped anything bad from happening then it would have to happen she supposed.

Sólieri Stormbringer

POSTED: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:32 pm

(247) Random crap post. I had a busy week. @_@

Some truths were uncomfortable -- and Shiloh could feel unease building in the pit of her stomach, but she spoke on regardless. She prided herself on being able to speak about things that other adults might shirk away from, to be able to talk openly and honestly and answer whatever questions her young relatives had. She wanted them to have someone they knew they could come to, to ask any question and talk on any subject without judgment or being treated like children. They weren't children, anymore, most of them -- and so they were well past the point where they could pretend that the world wasn't full of sick individuals.

Sólieri gripped her hand tightly, returning her nuzzle after she was finished with the warning. Blue eyes studied the girl's golden features cautiously, but the girl seemed to take her seriously and made a promise to be careful. That was all that Shiloh could ask for, really; she didn't want the young Vináttan to leave in fear, but caution was important for anyone, especially after what happened to the others, including the girl's sibling, outside the borders.

Okay, sweet, Shiloh murmured. She stood again, brushing a ringlet of blonde hair from the other she-wolf's face. I'll talk to him, and you talk to me if you have any more questions or anything is wrong. She smiled, hopefully reassuringly, and then crossed her arms. Is there anything else, hon?

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

Dead Topics