I lost the will to try

POSTED: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 am

• Word Count: [260]
  • Form: Optime
OOC goes here

Slamming the door he turned and slumped against the damp wood, facing out to the rest of the village, chest heaving as the small spurt of adrenaline began to fade now that he had succeeded. It took some manoeuvring but he'd managed it just about, although given the scratching and meowing he could hear the two felines inside were none too impressed with their imprisonment, although neither had he really been all that fond of them bringing in snow as the trekked in and out, as if incapable of deciding whether they wanted to be outside or not.

Sighing he pushed away from the door and heard a low thud and something smash. Closing mismatched eyes, the runt counted to ten before stepping away, pulling the cloak closer to his slim form for warmth and comfort, trying to keep his mind away from the destruction the two cats were likely causing.

Trust Ren to arrive and harass him for a few weeks, despite the treatment and work he did for his cousins, only for the trio to leave without warning and dump two very put off cats on his hands. He was not a pet canine, he did not know what the heck to do with the cats and was quickly reaching his wits end with the pair.

Desperate to find something to draw him away from the stress they were causing, he headed out around the village, seeking a familiar face to keep him company. Anyone would do, so long as they did not mention cats in any manner.

Template by Aso, images by dawnthieves, So-ghislaine and Miss-deviantE

So won't you take a breath and dive in deep
'Cause I came here so you'd come for me
Rei
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Kitty
Luperci Medic Mate to Alder

POSTED: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 am

In the weeks since their sojourn at the start of the year Mistral had admitted incessantly how badly she wished to see the world, to learn more of the ways of Cour des Miracles, to find out who had murdered her mother as well as who caged her for weeks prior to her rescue. She spoke of a man with a long nose and confused words, and a dark man with red eyes, one with a soothing voice and a nice smile. These were very type Micah hated most, for how could he protect himself when he had nothing dangerous to detect of them?

But Mimi was getting older, and soon she would shift and likely be on her way. He dreaded the day, but the child was headstrong and intelligent; though selfish at times, she was just as likely to get herself in trouble as she was to weasel a way back out of it. Mistral would manage her way. In the meantime, Micah could only hope he would not be left behind once and for all.

He relished their time left together, as parent and child, adoptive or not. On that day he had insisted on a walk together despite the cold, and the time had been spent discussing her plans and intentions in the near future. She had been honest with him, and though it pained him to plan and prepare for her leave, perhaps it would be easier for him when she did.

The pair closed in on their home only to find Rei wandering the village nearby, troubled in manner just as Micah had come to be. "Rei?" the granite coy called, swallowing his anxieties. "Are you all right? What are you doing?"

"Just leave him," Mistral scoffed beneath her breath. "The guy's a total loon."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 pm

• Word Count: [228]
S'cool dude. Lol'd so much when she called him a loon xD

A white cloud formed before his maw from the chill, dainty hands rose before him and he breathed on them, a futile attempt to return some warmth to the slim digits; he was not built for the winter, lacking the thick pelt that so many of these lands seemed to process. Roaming his eyes around, large, pointed ears pinned back against his dreads as a voice called out his name, the runt taking a few seconds to pinpoint the owner to Micah.

Relaxing an awkward smile spread across his maw, his sights dropping to the child briefly before dismissing her in favour of the one he was better acquainted with. “Um, hi” awkward words were given in response, unsure what he had been doing to have drawn such a question from the male; did he look as if something was not alight? “Yeah, just..” waving a hand back to house he opted not to elaborate, desiring not to really mention the critters that were terrorising him. “How have you been and who is.. this young lady?” so occupied with the little family disaster in past months he had grown withdrawn from others, lacking knowledge of new members. Was this a relative of Micah's? Although really she did not resemble him in anyway, so probably not.

Shooting the girl a polite smile, he was completely oblivious to her words.

Rei
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Kitty

POSTED: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:09 pm

It could have been that Micah was simply unaccustomed to others as nervous as he was. From their previous encounter Micah derived Rei to be similarly mannered to himself, and thus considered the fellow d'Artisan to be in a perpetual state of instability. In this case Rei appeared ragged—not overwhelmed, not at wit's end, but ragged and stressed.

Or Micah might have seen nothing at all. An artist's creative mind sees what it wants to see, he supposed, for Rei was clearly thrown off guard by the inquiry.

Smiling with pulled brows as quiet apology, Micah wondered a moment which of the two was more awkward in company. Rei chose not to elaborate his condition beyond a motion to his home, and as Micah had heard visitors within in passing within recent weeks, decided himself not to question further.

"Well enough, I guess. I had some run-ins with trouble a while back, but lately everything has been all right. I've been trying to, umm, do more crafts instead." He didn't mention Belial, for he didn't want to scare Rei away. And he didn't mention the potted weeds in his house, the smoke that took his worries, for he could not stand to be judged.

"This is Mimi," he went on. "I, uhh, found her, I guess. She was smaller then."

Of course, she was still damn small anyway. The Spitz mix glared with half-lidded eyes and snorted, "How do you do."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:45 pm

• Word Count: [291]
ooc

Blinking, his head fell to the side, deadlocks shifting and falling with the small movement, the tug of their weight familiar along his scalp. Lifting a hand, he fingered the small metal square that hung from his neck, balanced on top of the scarf that sheltered his throat from the chill of winter, the metal was freezing, but the gesture relaxed him regardless. It was somewhat distressing to hear about some past run-ins, so preoccupied with his own family he had evidently missed some troubles within the pack. Was it within his rank and rights to inquire further? Curiosity filled him, but fear held the words back, less he offend Micah by inquiring too much about something personal.

“I hope it was nothing too bad” whilst not what he wanted to say, it seemed like something that was okay, something that was safe to say. The runts paranoia and nerves were higher then normal, probably due to lack of adequate sleep thanks to the two feline terrors plaguing him these days, amongst other things. Things like when he could go visit Alder again, without making his visit seem odd.

“It's nice to meet you Mimi” nodding his head in her direction as she responded in a strange manner. The girl seemed rather confident, the expression she displayed similar to something he would see in Miwa which worried him. Hopefully he was over thinking it, trying to picture the girl against the only main female influence within his life, aside from his mother. Miwa really wasn't someone good to be compared against however.

Quirking a smile, he turned his attention back to Miach. “So what kind of crafts you been doing then? That last one, the painting, was really cool”.

Rei
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Kitty

POSTED: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 pm

"Well," started Micah, but he stopped himself short. A quick glance to Mistral confirmed it was not best to get into details, and especially not with one so jumpy and one the Spitz mix did not particularly approve of. Was it only because Rei resembled Micah so? "Nevermind, it's not important."

Rei didn't seem to mind or notice and greeted Mimi accordingly. The pup snorted and smiled sarcasm that did not engage the rest of her face in any way. Best not to draw attention to it, Micah decided, and swallowed all desire to scold the girl for her rudeness.

Luckily the subject changed and Micah could bring attention back to himself Rei's opinion of Mistral could be permanently dented. "Thank you. I've been painting in Wolfville, but when I'm home I've been making and painting beads or writing songs, but I'm not that original." He dodged one of numerous necklaces from the bandana and scruff at his collarbone to present it as handmade. "I'm not really good at any of it, but if you wanted something I could try to make it."

Or Rei could try to make something himself, Micah pondered. He wouldn't have minded trying to instruct, but thought it too selfish to suggest.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 am

• Word Count: [283]
ooc

Titling his head he didn't push for the details and let the matter drop. Whilst he was curious, it was not enough to push him into the realms of actually being rude towards Micah just to satisfy his desire to know. Rather, he was more intrigued by the artistic pursuits that the black flecked male spoke off, along with the Wolfville that was mentioned. Being in the pack for awhile, he had explored to some degree within and the surrounding lands of Cercatori D'Arte, yet he preferred staying close to the the village, staying near his house where he could retreat to his own personal space if the need arose.

“I've think heard of Wolfville, ain't been there yet though. What, um, is it like? And what you been painting, the last one I saw was really cool” from it's name he was unsure if it was a human relic of something completely different; was it a land of traditional wolf dens or vast structures? A bashful smile spread across his narrow maw as he complimented the other, heart racing a little with insecurity and paranoia that perhaps such words would be too personal or rejected. Part of him wanted to insist against the other dismissing his talent, but he truly did not know enough about the area to comment; whether to confirm or refute.

Grinning he dipped his head in an affirmative instead. “You would make something for me? Really?” pausing, he breathed in, "Can i watch? I'm curious, never done arty things myself, so they always seem so interesting". knowing he was starting to ramble his maw closed with a click of teeth, ears darting back and forth with insecurity.

Rei
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Kitty

POSTED: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:24 am

"Wolfville? It's, uhh," the granite coy glanced his surroundings, calculated a moment, and stabbed a finger northeast, "that way, past Berwick. Between us and Casa di Cavalieri, so it's usually safe and quiet. Ever since I ran into some trouble in Halifax, umm, I've been going there instead to find paint and walls to draw on."

Micah smiled humbly at the compliment, fingers beginning to fidget. "Thanks. Umm, I have a different painting started behind the house right now, but I've been working on this sea turtle in Wolfville that's coming out really, umm..."

"It's good," interjected Mimi flatly. When Micah glanced down at her the Spitz snorted, "Stop it. It's good."

The coyote looked at his hands and spoke again only when the Itou began to ramble in excitement at talk of beads. "Well, sure, I guess," Micah stammered. He collected himself and motioned to his home nearby. "I could teach you and you could make it yourself, if you wanted. It's not hard to do."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:37 am

• Word Count: [308]
ooc

At the mention of safe and the connection to the other pack, the runt decided he would have to stop by at some point, for no other reason than to satisfy the curiosity about the area that had grown from the other's mention of the area. It was always handy to know which areas were quiet and considered safe and Micah's opinion was one he would believe in that area, for a reason he wasn't quite sure of, just that he did. Maybe it was the similar, timid natures that made him more inclined to believe the other's determination that somewhere was relatively safe. “I'll have to look around there when I next get a chance” he mused out loud.

Oddly, it seemed that Micah wasn't good at taking compliments. Or maybe he was just misinterpreting the other's response, he wasn't too sure. It was strange, given that he thought Micah was genuinely good, otherwise he wouldn't of said anything, so surely others were telling him as much all the time? Grinning, he flashed a smile over to Mimi as she too complimented his stuff, stopping the black male before he could dismiss his work or belittle it in some manner, “I bet it is. No need to be so humble, I wouldn't say your stuff is good if it wasn't” an awkward, cheeky grin spread across the runts narrow maw.

Ready to push the other's skill more, he was left a little lost for words when the offer was given. He hadn't meant for his words to be interpreted as a request to be taught, but since the offer was now out there, he was not exactly going to turn it down. “That would be awesome! Uh, that is, if you don't mind and have the time too?” ears shifted forward, excitement swaying his tail behind him.

Rei
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Kitty

POSTED: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:14 pm

"I'll bring you to Wolfville sometime," Micah said, sheepish and smiling, "and I guess you can, um, judge it for yourself."

He could not determine whether Rei actually found an interest in learning the craft or preferred something made for him instead, but the granite coyote was not about to argue the topic. Beading, painting, making trite jewelry—it was all a hobby, non-essential for the common man but necessary for a neurotic like Micah. If Rei was not interested in learning there was no loss, but Micah had only thought... "I just find it kind of relaxing to do when I'm nervous." I know you get nervous too.

If the Itou grabbed for materials and mimicked, Micah would teach him. Else, Rei would walk from the Lykoi household with shining beads about his neck and greater confidence. Micah would be happy just the same. With Rei at his side the coyote parted the front door of his home, paused in place as if it were characteristic for the tiny Mistral to dart between his legs, and led his guest within.

It was a humble household, meager in possessions; he was a scavenger, but not a hoarder. A few flowerpots about the shelves presently empty of visible greens, dozens and dozens of spraypaint cans on the dresser, a few simple scarves hanging from high reaches. From a drawer Micah retrieved a small leather bag and spilled its contents of clay beads upon the table.

"They're not the most durable, but they're easy to make if you need to replace them." A stray glance to the hardened mound of clay within the drawer, he took instead a spool of twine and pointed at the cans of spraypaint across the room. "Pick some colors and we'll paint them outside."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

Dead Topics