Introductions

P: Lola | Jan 26th

POSTED: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 pm

OOC: last official sswm post!! :D [552]

IC:
Elsie had just arrived two days before, and Esther was very excited to continue showing her around Thornbury. Elsie had started exploring the pack lands on her own because Esther could not keep up, but the female’s owl had gone with her as well. The llama and sheep seemed to be settling in with the rest of the flock, or at least that was what Esther had been told by Elsie, so she decided that was a good thing. And, the cats were still in the stage where they eyed the owl suspiciously, but did not do anything else. All in all, things seemed to be going well, and the Elder was already guessing that Elsie would be staying for good.

The pair had spent the morning upstairs in Esther’s house; it was not somewhere she often went, only because going up and down the flight of stairs so often was too tiring for her, however, there was another two bedrooms up there, so they decided that Elsie would choose one of those. They were a bit dusty and would eventually need airing out, but Elsie said it could wait, so they instead spent time cleaning. It was nice to have company, but boy was Esther getting tired.

After the room was ready, the pair decided to take a walk around Thornbury to get away from all the dust and stop coughing. It was also a fairly nice day, but both still bundled up with several layers of clothing to help ward off the cold.

“Well come on then,” Esther said to Whitey who had seemed torn over who he should be begging for attention more: Esther, his favorite canine ever, or their newest arrival. The cat meowed and hopped off the table to trot over to the door when he was summoned, happy to simply be spending time with them.

“We’ll have to compare sewing techniques soon!” Elsie grinned while she opened the door. Esther nodded and stepped outside, followed by Whitey, Kittensworth, and Sunshine. Once the door was shut, the whole group stepped off the porch and started walking through town. Esther pointed out the different houses that were occupied, and told her who lived in which ones, or at least as far as she remembered. She was sure she was getting some of them mixed up, but she doubted Elsie would remember all the names anyway.

“There’s Thomas, dear. Hello, turnip,” Esther waved with a shaky hand. He waved back to them both with a grin. The cats bounded around, pouncing at each other while Elder pointed out several other pack members and introduced them to Elsie as well, until they came across a pale wolf with bright red hair.

“And that is...” with a frown on her face, the Elder paused a short distance from the female. She was not sure she had actually seen this canine around before. “Well, turnip, I do not know!” Esther looked over at Elsie and then back to the other canine before walking over. “Hello dear,” she said kindly in a wobbly voice, then asked, “Can I help you find someone?” Maybe she was a visitor and was looking for someone in particular. Like he often did, Whitey trotted forward to sniff at the new female’s feet, and Esther watched him closely.
Esther Hennamin

DEAD
Myst
Luperci
crazy cat lady

POSTED: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Loralei Firestorm
Mega delay on my part, sorry! :P // [+557]

So far, the Corpo had a made a few friends around Cercatori; Thomas, Esme, Jace and Aowen, but the female was determined to meet and make more. She’d be leaving for home in a few days and wanted to use up her time as best as she could, strengthening the ties between her pack and Skye’s. Technically, the Corpo was an ambassador for Inferni and Cavalieri relations, but Alistair had been nudging her towards becoming somewhat of a communicator between all the packs regarded as friendly towards their home. The loquacious female didn’t mind tackling such a task, though politics had never truly concerned her, she felt her mate was right in suggesting she become somewhat of a voice for Casa. She was friendly enough and respectful, this seemed to be a job she could very well handle.

After riding Mourning Dove around the Cercatori borders, Lola steered her storm cloud mare back towards the stables. There she briefly chatted with Aowen, helping to muck out the stall her horse was currently occupying and giving her mount a good rub and brush down. Dove seemed eager to return to pastures she was used to and perhaps familiar horsey faces from home, but Lola assured the mare it wouldn’t be long now and saw that the stable hand gave her mount some of the sweet feed. Dove was a sucker for honeyed oats and the retriever was more than happy to oblige. She bade Aowen goodbye with an air kiss, pulling her velvet cloak of midnight blue around her shoulders as she left the stables and started heading towards her apartment.

Thornbury was already bustling with activity and in no time the Corpo bumped into a familiar face, Thomas. He was off for patrol but made the vixen promise to join him for drinks later, chuckling with agreement she stopped to look at a merchant’s goods, waving her friend off before deciding she wasn’t ready to barter for the scarf hanging in the shop window. Another time… she thought to herself, following in the tracks the Mercenary had taken a few minutes before her and quirking her head to the side at pair of gray females. One was significantly older than the other, approaching the Veleno with a kindly smile and shaking voice.

Lola’s attention was grabbed by the white haired Elder, and almost immediately the vixen bowed her head in respect. How do you do? She said in formal greeting, English accent touching each word. Oh no! she answered the Elder’s question with a slight chuckle. I’ve just come back from the stables. My name is Lola, I’m visiting from Casa di Cavalieri, she provided with a smile.

And who might I have the honor of speaking with? She asked, first taking in the greeter, the younger female, and at last focusing on the white cat inspecting her legs. The silver female bent slightly at the waist, extending an open palm to the feline in friendly greeting.

Trees bared to winter's touch, by winter's breath laid bare. Leaves whisper of winter's heart, of winter's heart they share.
template by revo. <3
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:39 pm

Trying hard not to bounce while standing next to Esther, Elsie watched the female who was clearly not a part of Cercatori d’Arte, based on her great-aunt’s reaction to her, and she wondered where Casa di Cavalieri was, but she could ask Esther about that later. Elsie had also never heard someone with the accent Lola had, either. Then her mind went over what color clothes would look good with the Lola’s beautiful red hair and white fur, and then she looked over at Esther when her elder answered.

“My name is Esther Hennamin, I’m an Elder here,” Elsie listened to her great-aunt say. She watched carefully, taking cues from her. “And this is my great-niece, Elsie Hennamin.” The younger coywolf grinned as she was introduced.

“Nice to meet you,” Elsie said with the enthusiastic grin still on her face. “How long have you been visiting for?” She asked curiously. She had met so many new wolves so far that she wasn’t surprised that they had not yet seen Lola around. Whitey had taken Lola’s open hand invitation and announced his pleasure with a rather loud meow before insistently bonking her palm with his head. He then proceeded to rub her hand with his cheeks, apparently deciding that he liked her. Not wanting to be left out of the attention they thought they were going to get, Kittensworth and Sunshine trotted forward as well, though they were not as pushy as Whitey.

“That’s Whitey, Sunshine, and Kittensworth,” Esther said, pointing to each cat in turn with a shaky hand. “Do let me know if they start bothering you.” Elsie hadn’t owned her own cat before, although her family had plenty around their houses, and she was very much enjoyed Esther’s so far, but she guessed that some canines might not like them as much as the Hennamin relatives did.
Elsie Hennamin

Myst
Luperci Mate to Ares IT'S CARRRL
Just can't fight the spaz in me
spunky seamstress!

POSTED: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Loralei Firestorm
// [+429]

It’s a pleasure to meet you Esther, the Veleno replied, dropping into a little curtsey before her ghost green eyes bounced to those of sunny yellow and green. I can see where Elsie get’s her looks, the Corpo grinned, making to curtsey for the younger girl as well. Only two days now, she provided in answer to the younger female’s question, lips ever curling upward. I hope to stay on till the end of the week before returning home. Cercatori is so beautiful don’t you think?

Attention re-snared by the cat’s boisterous meow, Lola giggled and obliged his obvious head butts, stroking his head and laughing once more when the pristine feline was joined by two others. Ah, now you all want some huh? She cried, crouching down further to deliver head pats and chin tickles to each one. Not at all, I have one of my own back home. A little calico tom, she confessed, sorry that she hadn’t brought d’Artagnan along for the trip. I can tell their Mommy takes good care of them, she said, standing back up once the felines had seemed to have their fill of her affections.

Would you two mind showing me around? The Corpo asked, a hopeful glow entering her pale eyes. I’ve done a lot of wandering throughout the territory on my own, but who better to learn about the pack than with one of it’s own Elders? She’d wait for their response, sure they wouldn’t refuse her suggestion, but if so, she could continue her venturing on her own. Still, it was more fun to have company along and Lola was curious to get another’s view on how things worked in the pack lands. So far she’d met some Mercenaries and it was obvious Esther and Elsie were far from this description. Perhaps they were more entwined with the Artisan said of Cercatori?

Trees bared to winter's touch, by winter's breath laid bare. Leaves whisper of winter's heart, of winter's heart they share.
template by revo. <3
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:55 pm

“Oh yes, and I can only imagine how much prettier it is when everything is green!” Elsie replied with an enthusiastic nod, and Esther nodded as well in agreement. The Elder liked winter with all of its simplicity, but she also enjoyed all the greenery of summer, as well as all the flowers because she could still see the colors well. When everything was white, she sometimes had trouble seeing details.

Esther chuckled and shook at the cats’ sudden desire for attention. That was how it usually went. It was always Whitey first and then the rest when they were jealous. Although Lola said they weren’t bothering her, Esther still kept an eye on them just in case because she never knew when they were going to suddenly decide to be naughty.

“Thank you, dear,” Esther said to Lola’s complement. She tried very hard to give her cats a good life because she knew that several of them had a rough time before coming to live with her. Some of them were not so friendly and nearly feral, but she did whatever she could that they would let her do for them.

“Not at all!” Esther said with a smile. “I was just showing Elsie around as well. She arrived only a couple days ago to stay with me, you see.” Elsie confirmed this with a nod. “I would be happy to show you around as well. You say you’ve been around the territory, so have you been around Thornbury much?” Esther asked. She didn’t want to repeat information that Lola may already know, and she could always fill Elsie in on more things later. Elsie would be staying for a while, after all, and Lola’s time in the pack seemed much more limited. “And did you have any questions I might be able to answer?”
Esther Hennamin

DEAD
Myst
Luperci
crazy cat lady

POSTED: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Loralei Firestorm
// [+338]

Just what I was thinking, she said with some amazement, agreeing with Elsie’s words as a grin continued spreading across her face and tugging at the scar cut into her cheek. She winced slightly, not out of pain, but mostly because she’d almost forgotten about the missing flesh above her lip. Hopefully neither witnessed the small change as she continued to compliment the Elder once she learned Esther was in fact the other’s grandmother. Her petite form bent forward to bestow some affection to the gathered cats, so many in one spot caused her pale eyes to widen, but her smile remained pleasant, albeit smaller than before. She was learning she had quite the soft spot for feline companions and her own heart strings ached for the one she’d left back in the Fort. d’Art was probably furious with her by now, but she’d have to bring him something interesting back. Perhaps Esther made toys?

Great! I’d love that, she replied, happy to hear the Elder wouldn’t mind taking her on the little tour as well. I haven’t gotten the chance to really stroll about, she admitted, eager to hear all about the pretty homes dotted along the main roads. Actually, I was wondering how your hierarchy works here, and is it true you all possess skills in the arts? Lola asked, figuring this was the best place to start as any. So far she’d come into contact with three Mercenaries, and by all counts they didn’t seem to be the artisanal sort, but then why was the pack named as such? She hoped the Elder could answer her questions and perhaps provide insight on ones she wouldn’t even think to ask.

template by revo. <3
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:20 pm

“Why don’t we walk this way,” Esther suggested, gesturing to the way they had been walking, which would lead them further from the stables since Lola had already been there. Whitey walked along at her side, eager to keep moving. He was young, so it seemed like he was always moving, to the annoyance of some of the older cats.

“Well, many of us are capable of doing creative things,” Esther explained. She was always happy to discuss the pack and what everyone did. “For example, Elsie and I both sew,” which Elsie confirmed with a nod as the cats scampered ahead of them.

“It runs in our family, in fact,” Elsie interjected with a grin. “We sew and then trade what we make for more sewing supplies or other useful things.” It made Esther happy to know that some of her relatives still did the same thing as when she lived with them all. During her time there, they spread out very far, and it seemed like a small group of them were still together.

“Indeed.” The Elder also nodded. “Here in Cercatori, we also have some who paint, others who carve and whittle. Some are also performers who like to play the guitar or other instruments or sing.” It always made for fun gatherings because there was always some sort of entertainment. “For a little while, we even had firebreathers!” Esther didn’t get a chance to see them perform, which she was rather disappointed about. It would have been a very interesting show, she thought.

“Oh,” Esther stopped her walking as well as her explanation of what the pack members liked to do to gesture to a nearby building. “This is our town hall. We have pack meetings here, and use it for shelter if our houses aren’t enough.” Whitey looked at the building and then went back over to Lola to try to rub against her leg.
Esther Hennamin

DEAD
Myst
Luperci
crazy cat lady

POSTED: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Loralei Firestorm
// [+490]

Sounds like a good plan to me, the Veleno offered with an affirming nod, smiling at Elsie before she fell in step with Esther and the group of cats. It was an odd crew made up of the feline and the canine variety, but Lola wouldn’t have it any other way. At least the tour couldn’t be called boring! Besides, she quite liked her company and was happy the Elder and her grand-niece were the ones to happen upon her in the little town. Elsie seemed to be just as eager to learn more information about the Elder’s pack and if she’d recently arrived, her knowledge of the area would’ve been limited as well.

The Veleno’s head tilted slightly to the side as she contemplated Esther’s words. Her smile turning into that of a grin when the Elder revealed she and Elsie had a knack for manipulating cloth. I’d love to see what you can do sometime! Lola exclaimed, being a sucker for clothing though she oftentimes chose to don a cloak rather than full on attire. Her eyes shifted to Elsie, her happy interjection causing the Veleno to laugh goodnaturedly. Perhaps we could arrange a trade? Lola replied with a matching grin, eyebrows waggling slightly, she had a feeling there was something of worth in her possession that the others might like.

Firebreathers! Lola’s eyes widened with intrigue as she tried to imagine an entertainer wielding the destructive element of fire. Cercatori was sounding more and more like her dance hall days in Paris as Esther continued. They reminded her of the gypsy groups that had sprung up in England as well. A tribe of canines more so focused on perfecting the arts and trade rather than purposes of violence. The female slowed to a stop then when the Elder pointed out a rather official looking building. Ah, we have something like this as well. A courthouse hall where all our official meetings take place, she responded with a nod, laughing gently when Whitey took their paused moment to rub against her legs.

There are odd jobs back in Casa, my mate is actually a carpenter, but we don’t have many members so focused on the arts, she admitted. I was greeted by a mercenary when I first arrived. Does your pack have some sort of military? The Veleno asked, hoping her questions weren’t overstepping.

template by revo. <3
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 pm

"Definitely!" Elsie grinned. "I'm going to be doing some trading trips once I've gotten more settled." By the sounds of it, Esther knew that Casa di Cavalieri would be one of the younger female's first stops. Given the relationship between the packs, she guessed that trading would be well-received since she knew Elsie's skills extended to making things with leather, not just cloth.

“Indeed, firebreathers,” Esther said with a nod. “Sadly, I was not able to see their performance, but I imagine it must have been quite interesting.” They hadn’t stayed for long, after all, and she hoped they would perhaps come back someday, even just while passing through. She was sure she was not the only d’Artisian that would like to see them.

The Elder nodded to Lola’s description of their version of a town hall. It made sense that many packs would have something similar. She guessed that they all wanted a place like that to hold meetings. Esther took a few steps forward and then turned to respond to Lola’s next question about their ranks. She guessed that Lola had been greeted by Jace upon her arrival, but perhaps it had been someone else.

"It's one of our rank paths," Esther explained, and Elsie listened closely as well. Esther had explained this all to her already, but she knew that keeping it all straight would probably be difficult for her great-niece at first. The more times she heard it explained, the better. "Like all packs, ranks are based on skills and interests. One path is for protecting the pack, others include merchants and ambassadors," the elder' throat became dry as her wobbly voice gave out, so she closed her throat to continue, "entertainers, artists, and those of us who create goods. There is also a path for animal care." Esther enjoyed the variety of ranks they had. It meant many different canines could join.

“This part of Thornbury is called Town Square, by the way,” Esther said, starting to walk towards the next area. “Up ahead are The Shops.”
Esther Hennamin

DEAD
Myst
Luperci
crazy cat lady

POSTED: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 am

Loralei Firestorm
// [+406]

I bet! She continued wide eyed with a grin. The sights and sounds she’d experienced in Paris had been ones she’d remember for the rest of her life, but she’d never witnessed something as fantastical as firebreathing sounded. The most interesting of displays she’d seen were the contortionists, but even Lola liked to think she could be quite flexible when need be. Still, the silver female shared the same sense of loss with Esther, remaining hopeful that perhaps someday she’d come across this band of firebreathing entertainers.

The trio walked along with their company of kitties as both Esther and Lola compared meeting halls. It was then that another question rose in the vixen’s head. As a diplomat, it was important to learn as much as she could about the other packs, even if Inferni was her established liaison, she felt it would only aid Casa if she learned more about the other surrounding packs as well.

Thankfully, Esther nor Elsie seemed disturbed by her queries of a militaristic presence and the Elder was quick to respond to Lola’s question. Yes...that makes sense, Lola replied with a nod, quieting then as Esther continued. So there are many different paths a d’Artisan could pursue, the Veleno mused. Cercatori was beginning to sound more rounded than her previous expectations.

Lola cast her glance about, admiring what the Elder named as their Town Square. She liked the old village feel of it and looked forward to seeing the shops. Already thinking of what she might trade for some goods the further they walked into town. Casa’s square beyond the courthouse was large and sprawling, but here, everything was quite cozy. It was a pleasant difference between the two packs, though the more she learned, she was realizing how similar their infrastructures remained.

The tour concluded back at the stables where Lola introduced her company to her mare and graciously accepted a dinner invitation. Drinks with Thomas would have to wait, but knight was happy to have made some good friends, making Elsie promise a visit to Casa some day so the silver fae could comission her hands on some pieces of armor.

template by revo. <3
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

Dead Topics