unfortunate

AW, Outpost

POSTED: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 am

Mack did not like what she had to trade.

It figured, really. Farina had traveled the length from Vinatta with a number of small trinkets carved and sanded in her spare time from stone and rock, only to find the only livestock tradesman at the fabled Outpost thought her work to be unidentifiable and worthless in value. Admittedly one had to squint and guess for some of the stone figurines of wolves and foxes, but she had worked hard on the tiny statues of Niruin in flight. Then again, the peregrine in the branches above her head had never seemed to identify his own image in the rocks, either.

She sat dejectedly outside the front gate to the Outpost that midday, cheek in hand and pushing at snow and dirt with a twig. Her satchel, filled with (in her opinion) articulate and imaginative stonework, had been dropped half-heartedly in the snowbank behind her until she could decide her next move. The travel hadn't been a terrible distance, no, and Farina knew she could be home again within a day or two's time, but the failed effort deflated all pent-up spirit and energy and left the yearling bitter and downtrodden in pride.

She should have brought more to trade, but what? Farina owned little, and hated to borrow from Vinattan supplies. All she'd wanted was a sheep to bring home to start gathering wool towards gifts for her packmates. Her stone trinkets had taken weeks to individually detail and accumulate to a satisfactory number to give away. She had loved every second of work, and yet—how was she to know she was so pitiful a sculptor in the end? Gods be damned...

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:03 pm

He had gently sniffed the scents around each trade post getting intimidated from all the strong scents as he slowly walked up to find her satchel. He was greatly intrigued not at the contents but at the stitching and the craftsmanship of the satchel. Farina had been on his blind side as he gingerly touched the satchel's every stitching. He was mesmerized by it's beauty his tail actually began to wag and a smile had slowly inched across his face as he had always been a fan of such crafts. His frost bitten nose was unable to identify Farina's scent and nor did he have the focus to search for scents. In his mind he had begun comparing it to his deer hide satchel. He was proud of his own satchel but of course he had found it torn and he had no true knowledge of stitching at the time of repair but it complimented his torn trench coat that flattered his tall slender body. But sadly as far as he could see there was no one to trade for it with but alas he smiled at the thought the memories of his own are sufficient enough to keep his. (( to his knowledge)) The honor was gone and must be returning soon. at the mere thought of it his body began shake violently with his heart pounding due to his fear of people.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:33 am

-waves excitedly!-

Distracted by disappointment she did not notice the approach of a foreign scent until it was nearly upon her. By the time the wolfdog glanced over her shoulder and found a stranger sniffing at her satchel, he had already started to withdraw and tremble in place as if fearing the scent of stone found within the bag might produce a concrete monster to crawl out and attack. Farina stared, but only long enough to recollect her wits.

"Hey!" she barked, rising to her feet and to full and massive height, an uncommon seven feet though equal to the stranger. Farina swept the satchel from him with straw-trimmed fingers, clutching it close to her chest like one might a threatened child. "Just because my stonework isn't good doesn't mean you can go and steal it!"

But the short temper subsided, leaving in place one large and intimidating woman looking upon him with anger replaced by pity and concern. What was with that eye of his? Her voice, once booming, now shrunk to one almost feminine again. "Why are you shaking like that?"

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 pm

The slender wolf ran his fingers through his dull black mane attempting to comprehend the series of events that had just unfolded. One moment he was admiring a well maintained satchel and the next a tall intimidating female began to yell at him with a threateningly booming voice. The cataracts that had covered the pupil of his right eye only let the bone chilling ice blue shine. So he could only depend upon the burning amber of his right eye to allow him to gaze upon her. At one look he began to panic further not in fear of death fore her features had softened but the fear was what to say. How could a wolf who had avoided all forms of contact possibly talk to a female and from what he saw a fairly attractive female. Her pelt was as mesmerizing as the satchel's stitching. It took him minutes of staring at her before he even realized a question was asked. H e went through the common responses he had heard others use to introduce themselves. Normally it involved an introduction of name occupation and pack. But sadly he had only a name, therefore such an intro would never suffice. He had paused and soon realized she had questioned his shaking. While he found this odd he also understood why such a thing has been asked it was not a common sight for such large wolf to have his ears plastered against his head and his tail trembling between his legs. He attempted look away down towards the snow in order to create the illusion of talking to himself. Which was fairly common for a man that spent all his time alone. But the attempt failed as his eyes stayed fixed upon her. His trench now began to sway with the wind that only made the poor frightened wolf shake more. He stammered desperately attempting to speak only uttering a short simple sentence " I'm.....scared....nervous....nervous and scared."
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:13 am

Farina caught sight of the miscolored eye and guessed it must have been blind. But he had a nose, didn't he? Surely he must have known she was there; surely all this cowardice must have been an act. Farina, with color and size in consideration, had never been overlooked by something other than prey for most of her life. But whatever this act was, it was convincing. Perhaps the weather was to blame for a numbed nose, or he was born sickly or with a condition. For now, skeptic as she was, Farina would have to at least play along until she could determine what has going on.

"Scared?" she said, taken aback. "By what, the traders? They're foreigners, not murderers."

But Farina considered him a moment longer and sighed. Was this an act at all? "There's nothing to be scared of here. If there was any real danger, my pack's right nearby. We would be on top of it." Well, maybe. There had been a lot of incidents as of late.

Features softening, she smiled and extended gold-tipped fingers down to him. "I'm Farina. Come on, get up. If you're really that nervous, I'll go with you."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:13 pm

He cautiously inspected her hand looking for anything suspicious. There was nothing and his mind should have been put to rest but alas he was more frightened than ever imagining ever single horrid way she could kill him. His panic was shown through his eye until he looked at her smiling face for some reason he enjoyed the smile. The smile was soft and welcoming. He was drawn to it but while his mind would gladly take her hand his body refused to stop shaking.His slender snow white hand reach for her golden finger tips. His hand was trembling he had never touched another before let alone a female. He questioned why she was so kind to him but he'd rather have a sweet smiling wolf than a blood thirsty savage. He gingerly folded his hand around hers his soft white hand had stop trembling as he stared at their hands the only thought, the only hing he could think about was how her hand felt. He could only gently rub each and every last inch of her hand inspecting it. This caused the half blinded wolf to remain mesmerized by the female. The only words he could come up with his mind in such a dazed state were " I'm.......Fenrir." his voice was deep but his nerves made his voice come out quietly with a shy undertone. His hand remained wrapped around hers as his eyes marveled at the sight. His ears only raised an inch still facing his scalp while his tail slowly swayed back and forth through the powdery snow.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 am

Farina could not determine whether he was nervous or shy, but confirmed in her own mind that she did not wish to trouble him further. Her cooperation might have been key to whatever task he traveled the Outpost for, and likely this Fenrir could consider himself lucky she was present to assist.

His mannerisms were odd and off-setting, awkward and fixated on just about anything she offered him whether word or motion. Farina tried not to dawdle on the sheer strangeness of it all, the odd focus on her hands, the increasing anxiety of his few words. Oblivious as she was to romance as always, Farina boasted a greater smile at the given name. With his hand in hers thrust back her arm to haul him in one unconsciously powerful motion.

"Well then, Fenrir," she said once he was on his feet, "let's get going, yeah? What are you trading for? I'll just talk for you." In her enthusiasm she would whap him once on the back as if to get him going, beaming all the while and striding confidently ahead and back into the Outpost, her characteristic postivity returned.

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:29 pm

The impact of the hit startled him as he tremble slowly following behind her as he observed how she embodied confidence. He had gingerly placed his hand on her shoulder to gain her attention. He was fearful of what she might be thinking he was entranced by her but he didn't know how to convey such things. He rarely ever talked to others let alone attempted to woo the opposite sex. He was panicked he was touching her he needed to say something and so he said in the most confident voice he could he could conjure up which was admittedly still timid " Thank you for this you are very sweet....I....I came here for a new carving dagger but I'm glad I met you" He smiled at his accomplishment, he had actually held a female's shoulder without shaking. He actually started to feel confident as his ears perked up and his tail started swaying. He was happy but his confidence was short lived as he saw others glance at him. He began to lose his confidence and he began going back to his shy demeanor. But he kept his smile knowing he was still holding the shoulder of another and that was enough to keep him calm. He was unsure of what to do in this situation he had seen appreciation expressed in different he saw people kiss, give presents, hold hands, no none of those work. But he had figured out one that he could do without in his mind startling her. And so he hugged her softly from behind attempting to avoid seeming intrusive fore he only wanted to hug her. His head was forced to rest on her shoulder as his arms wrapped around her waist but he kept his eyes closed fearing she may interrupt his display of appreciation as a less pure intention. While he wanted to woo her he didn't want to invade her personal space. Which made him question his actions but he didn't care he enjoyed the sensation of hugging another.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:29 pm

PMed you about something. ^^ Take a look when you have a chance.

She walked no further than the gate before the man was grabbing at her shoulder and halting her once more. Farina sobered in considering him, pausing once again to wonder what could possibly ravaging about in this poor man's mind and what it was that had made him so. Troubled, but friendly; shy, but affectionate. The Hollr could not wrap her mind around it, but neither did she dwell on the concept. Best to just move on and draw no attention to it, lest he become embarrassed and withdraw completely.

"Well, I'm glad to have met you too," she replied, trying to remain upbeat. If she put on a good example, perhaps he would soak in some of her confidence or learn the means to begin mimicking it in the least. The wolfdog patted at his hand approvingly and flashed a smile in efforts to prove she could be trusted. Oblivious and dense she continued, "I don't get out of Vinátta too often, so it'll be nice to say I finally know somebody outside it, you know?"

Stepping out of his reach she continued ahead. "I've been trying to teach myself how to carve rock, but I'm not too good at it—" His arms were wrapped around her next, the woman embraced about her middle and squeezed from behind, his head on her shoulder. She stood stunned in place, frozen, quite unusued to being hugged let alone touched at all. How had it come to this? Friends hugged, but not like this. Had she missed something?

"Uhh," Farina said hastily, swallowing an odd lump in her throat. She would put hands to his wrists and gently remove his arms after allowing him a few moments of whatever this was, then turned out of the hug and humbly returned to him his hands. "One step at a time," she said patiently, unsure of how else to react, uncertain of what had occurred.

Her smile was forgiving, but the woman stiffened some as she turned and started away again. "Let's focus on finding you a dagger, okay?"

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:36 pm

He had felt ashamed of himself. He had caused one the few wolves tat he could talk to feel discomfort from what he understood about body language, which in his honest opinion was all theoretical he had no true experience using the theories. But from what he could see and from what he read he crossed social boundary. He knew that an apology was in order as was yet again a social convention he had read for these situations. As the norm he let out a sigh as an attempt to display his regret. And soon after he cleared his throat quietly and he spoke up in a timidly solemn tone " I'm sorry.....I didn't really know how to show my appreciation....and if I made you feel any discomfort I am deeply sorry." His head lowered facing the snow as he tail returned between his legs and his ears flattened against his head. He had gone back to his emotional shell of fear and mistrust. The shell was less comforting than it was before but it was all he knew to do when he felt awkward. He had even returned to trembling and scratching his left paw. His eyes were fixed on the snow fearful of looking her in the eye. His left ear even began to twitch as it had when Fenrir feels panicked.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

Dead Topics