Character pelt color changes

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:06 am

Okay, so I just had a super simple question regarding a very basic change to a character. Like, coloration.

So, I am asking specifically for Aedan. Now, when I created him, for some reason his main pelt color looked more gold to me. But, I look at it all the time, since, and just...It's waay more yellow than I'd like it to be. Now, seeing as his design is really two-toned, and this wouldn't be a huge change at all. Would it be okay if I toned his pelt color down to a more realistic shade? Still keeping the same color-scheme, but dialing it down a notch?

Thanks to whoever answers! I feel dumb for putting such a dumb question, here. >.<

Stormie
Luperci Mate to Wisteria
Subscribe me not
to Darkness

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:44 am

I think this should be fine, as long as it's not a very significant change of hues. Different pictures, drawings and sketches often portray character in slightly different colours and lighting anyway, so you can easily get away with slight changes! I think making the choice to tone his coloration down a notch to make it more realistic is a sensible one, seeing as he very yellow-y for a wolf when I look at his current avatar :)
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
Libri
Luperci Ancella Mate to Rafael <br />A silhouette to serenade the soul Chaos Star
gravity

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am

^^^
Exactly it's been bugging me for a long, long time!

Thank you! I will finagle his main pelt color code down to a more realistic shade.
Alistair Callow

Stormie
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2013 Champ! have you ever licked a lamppost in winter...?
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Yeah, that's fine. Hue variations are pretty normal irl anyway, and we are also okay with summer/winter coat variations in characters. :)
ALAINEY DREW THIS
kiri is a butthead; avatar by dwudles
commissions are OPEN
'Souls Assemblage
Administrator
Kiri

falling s l o w l y

Questions & Help