[M] Ways to say you died.

for Grace!

POSTED: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:26 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

  Out of Character
Word Count: 336

  In Character
He was headed to the place where he had first met Iris. That was what he thought as he left his pack's borders, too; that he was returning to the place where it had all started. Almost as if he wanted to find the source of what he had felt. Though he knew it wasn't something in the air, so Loch wasn't sure what he hoped to figure out while there. What he did know was that the time to make a real, solid decision was looming over his head and he needed some time clear of his packmates to do it. Being surrounded by the sights and smells of his pack members was often distracting. Even walking the borders lately had been more frustrating than helpful. So he had optimistically grabbed his fishing gear and headed out toward the Fundy lake.

When he arrived, Loch settled on the bank of the lake and looked out at the water. For now, he had no real ambition to do something useful. His mind was drifting back to a place and a time before now. A time and place when he hadn't been committed to anyone, nor had he been in the middle of an accidental love triangle. Life had a strange way of changing in what felt like such a short span of time. He almost felt he could smell the wet scent of her, the warm air as they decided to tread water and converse out in the lake's waters. Iris, she had said her name was. He had felt his heart leap like a jitterbug in his chest at the time, excited at her for no reason he had been able to comprehend at the time. Now he knew better. Though he still couldn't say he understood or wasn't sure what it meant, he knew it was more than just a feeling.

Lochlan leaned forward against his knee and sighed, releasing some of the pent up stress inside of him. It would all be alright.

Table by Ninette!
Image Credits in Wiki

Nine
Luperci
action bears consequence

POSTED: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 pm

I am soooo rusty writing this little harpy :| [288]

Disgruntled a little, but not the least deterred from her desired course of action, the golden female was still lingering within the area; clear enough of the borders as to not offend. She wasn't looking to get into a scrap just yet; rather, she was hoping that her presence at the border would reach her children's ears, for them to leave the borders so she could seek them out without the interfering presence of the pack. As luck would have it, she crossed a trail that caused her heart to clench and as quickly as she had found it's fading end, the D'Angelo was running, tracking it blindly with just one simple thought in her mind. Her baby boy was at the other end.

Only, he wouldn't be a baby any more. So much time had passed and he would be an adult now. Niernan would of done a fantastic job raising him, she was sure, better than what she could of done if she had stayed around. Once she had believed it was what she wanted; a mate, a pack, her own children. But the package wasn't what she had thought it to be, was killing her slowly, suffocating her and it was inevitable, that if she had stayed, that path would not have ended well for everyone. Not that she would justify herself nor did she expect anyone to understand why she did the things she did. Someone had to make the hard, sensible choices and she was willing to do them if need be.

Sucking in breaths she ran, a dark form catching her sight; of black, brown and white. Still propelling forward, she shouted out to him, tail spinning with excitement behind her, “Lochlan!”

Last edited by Grace Revlis on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't cry, we all make mistakes from time to time.
Unfortunately, for me, being me was mine.

Kitty
Luperci Silver Scales & Silver Blood

POSTED: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 pm

  Out of Character
Word Count: 337

<3 SO EXCITE FOR THIS THREAD! And pffttttt that was a good post regardless of rust.

  In Character
At first, he was sure it was a dream. The faint whiff of her scent on the air was something he had caught in a brief wind sent his way, but he flicked his ears irritably and ignored it. His mind liked to play tricks on him and harkening back to memories of her scent was familiar. When he was younger, he had buried his head in anything that still smelled of her and tried to keep the scent there. It had dissipated over time, as scents had to do, and he had been forlorn when none were left to remind him of his mother. Yet her scent was still ingrained in his young brain and he would never forget it. Grace D'Angelo was, after all, the cornerstone of who he was. 50% contributor to his genetic code and beloved mother, despite the stretching maw of absence between them. The miles she had chosen to make between her and him.

The voice was what really drew his attention. It was familiar too, but he had never imagined voices when he had thought of his mother. With surprise, he turned around to see a face that was both familiar and strange at the same time. Strange because time changed things and she was now different. They were nearer in size and he was no longer the pup staring up at her with awe and childish glee. No, he was an adult. That didn't mean his heart didn't crumple when he saw her and he didn't immediately revert to a more puppish state, though. "Mom?" he breathed, half-shocked, half-confused. Lochlan rose up and his own tail wagged uncertainly behind him. Where had she been? Why was she back? Clearly she was excited to see him, so there was no uncertainty in that for him. His heart leaped up and he smiled wide. "Mom!" he said, more exuberantly this time as he dashed forward to embrace his long lost parent.

Forgiveness and love came so easily to the tenderhearted Lochlan.

Table by Ninette!
Image Credits in Wiki

Nine
Luperci
action bears consequence

POSTED: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Shameless PP, poke me if it's not cool and i can edit dude <3 Btw, her hair has changed so probably best for no direct references of it dude! [319]

A small, twisting pain in her chest sucked her breath out from her as he called her mum. She'd been more than prepared for complete rejection from her children when she had made her way back, expected it to some degree, but surely it was a positive sign if he still called her mum. Spreading her arms out, she clutched him closed to her, rubbing her cheek against the top of his, inhaling the familiar scent of her baby boy. No matter what anyone said, no matter how anyone treated her or thought of her, he was her baby boy and would forever be, it was something she believed strongly and would fight for fiercely. “Hey baby boy, you have gotten so big” a huge, silly grin was spread across her maw, hands grasping his shoulders to push him back so she could get a good look at him. “All grown up and looking just like your dad. I bet you have all the ladies back home lining up for you”

It melted her heart, to see blue eyes staring back at her from a completely foreign, and yet still familiar face. It wasn't surprising that he was a tall, beautiful male; he had good genes, although her opinion was a little bit biased in that area no doubt. Temptation struck her and a hand darted out to ruffle his hair, the urge to gather him up in her arms struck her once more. She didn't act upon it, there was only so much affection she could display, before she started feeling awkward about it all. Dropping her hands, she crossed her arms, a slightly defensive stance, but then she was dealing with the child she had abandoned and if the previous day's encounter at the border was any indication, she was not really all that welcome in these parts, so she'd give him room. “How have you been?”

Last edited by Grace Revlis on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

POSTED: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:12 pm

  Out of Character
Word Count: 420

ROGER DODGER!

  In Character
They had always been closest, him and Grace. If she had stayed, that bond would have blossomed and grown until she was his confidant in all things. At least, until he grew into adulthood and took a mate. Then they would slowly replace what his mother had been to him, perhaps, or at least expand upon it in a different way. Instead, she had left and he had found himself without that same connection. He was close with Teagan, but he had still felt a gaping loss. As much as Loch thought he should be angry with her, despite all of the thoughts he had with anger festering and grief weighing him down... he loved her. He loved her and he was so happy to see her back, though he knew he might be the only one in his family who felt that way.

She spread her arms and pulled him close. Lochlan hugged her back, feeling odd because he had never hugged his mother in Optime form before. He hadn't even been shifting - or close to shifting yet - when she had disappeared from his life. Her scent overwhelmed him and he felt suddenly calm. Safe, as he had been when he was a tiny little thing in his mother's arms. Her words made him laugh, then smile a bit sadly at the last bit. "How I wish that wasn't true." he said, perhaps a bit cryptically and also a bit untruthfully. There was no line extending far past his door, but there were two females and that was more than enough for him.

He appraised her in turn; she seemed healthy, generally in good spirits, pretty much the way he remembered. Though he wondered if that was true or if he was just filling in the empty gaps of mom with what he was seeing now. Her arms dropped from his shoulders and settled across her chest in a posture that was a bit defensive. Immediately, he wondered if he had missed something. How long had she been back? Had she seen his father, his sister, his half-siblings, his stepmother? Before he could ask, she was speaking again. "A lot has happened... Good, for the most part. Dealing with a bit of a love triangle right now. Or maybe some other love shape, with me as the middle point." he said with a sad little laugh. "How have you been? Where have you been? How long are you back?" these seemed more important than his petty troubles.

Table by Ninette!
Image Credits in Wiki

Nine
Luperci
action bears consequence

POSTED: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:36 pm

She sucks at the whole mother thing >.> [402]

Tail a steady sway behind her, she watched his face attentively, trying to cram as many details and facts about him as quickly as she could. So much she had missed, it was only now that she was learning to read her own son's expressions. What did he look like when he was happy, sad, scared? Did he have any habits, what were his passions and fears. So much had slipped through her fingers in her absence, the blinding truth pained her and yet, still she would make that same choice to leave over and over again. She only wished that it didn't hurt her quite as much as it did in that moment.

Pushing through the pain, she smiled contently as he spoke, the smile morphing into an amused grin. “Ah, the joys of young love” a twinkle filled her eyes, lips twitching as she tried her hardest not to laugh out loud. “It's those darn D'Angelo genes in you, I tell ya, makes all the ladies and boys swoon at your feet. I would know!” she was sure this was appropriate advice and conversation between mother and son. Probably. Okay, maybe it wasn't, but she wasn't any good at the whole mother thing anyway, a friend she could be however. For a second her humorous expression slipped to soft, genuine concern that she smothered once more with female humour at the other's expense. “It will all work out. It may not seem like it, there will be a whole lot of yelling, tantrums and upset, but things will work out. They always do, so just go with what makes you happy; no one else matters but you” her tone was soft as she passed on her wisdom and beliefs to him.

“Life has been good for me. I've been happy, I am happy, especially now that i've gotten to see you all grown up” she had been, since she'd left, escaped from the chains that were slowly killing her from the inside “And well, i've been here and there. Wondering a lot really; tried looking for Naniko for awhile, but it was like tracking a ghost. Some research projects, meeting others” a small shrug of her shoulders, she couldn't really list places since she hadn't really lingered anywhere and had been everywhere practically. “I'm planning to well, stick around. I'm back for good, hopefully, if you'll have me back?”

Last edited by Grace Revlis on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

POSTED: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 pm

  Out of Character
Word Count: 414

  In Character
There was a dull ache in his chest that he recognized from when he was younger. It was reminiscent of when she had left him. How he had wanted her to come home. Sometimes, he had thought he heard her voice in the night. Then there had been the dreams where she was still there, when he had tumbled out of bed only to remember it was a lie created by his own dreamland. A falsehood that often made him depressed in those early days when his father was a ghost and he wasn't sure what had happened to his world. Over time, he had healed, but the scar was still there. It was this which ached now with the memory of the wound. Would Grace return to his life just to disappear again?

Unlike the reaction he would have expected from his straight laced Stormbringer family, his mother seemed in good humor about his love troubles. Though he thought a bit of real concern shone through, perhaps a sympathy for what he was going through. It was quickly replaced by a friendly amusement, though, and he wondered what Niernan would have thought of the advice that his mother was giving. He probably wouldn't have been pleased The idea that his happiness was paramount had never even really occurred to him. He thought it was sacrifice that he should make, but what if his mother was right? What if he should do what made him happy, no matter who's heart that broke? "Well if I could figure out what made me happy, maybe that would work." he said with a shake of his head. Certainly he was no master of his own emotions; that was part of the problem. Working out what he felt and what he wanted.

Her words stung him deep down inside, though the feeling was soothed a bit when she said she was even happier to see him grown. The idea that she had not missed him made his heart hurt and he couldn't help the way that settled in his gut. Uncomfortable, because he wanted her to have missed him as much as he had missed her. Especially in those first few months. "I'd be glad to have you back! Dad has a new mate, though... and... have you been to Vinatta yet?" he asked in turn. Wondering if she had seen Teagan and Dreyma, her other two abandoned children and ones that might not greet her with joy.

Table by Ninette!
Image Credits in Wiki

Nine
Luperci
action bears consequence

POSTED: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:52 pm

She sucks at the whole mother thing >.> [320]

Laughing out loud now, her tail flicked behind her, “If only life were that easy, we all wouldn't make mistakes. It's part of the fun, I suppose, seeking out happiness.” snorting, she shook her head slightly, arms dropping to her side for a second before she slumped, propping a hip to the side and placing a hand upon it. “Take a wild guess, give something a try and if it doesn't work, then try something else. There's no reason to assume just because you picked one path and walked it for awhile, that you can't change your life if it doesn't work out” now this was an area she could easily advice him on, something she had great experience with. Even now, she was correcting a poor choice to improve upon her own previous choice. “Although do not get a disease, whatever you do. Diseases are bad. Likewise, don't put it in if you don't want kids” wriggling her eyebrows suggestively, a wide smile spread across her maw, flashing teeth.

Before she could continue to pass on further wisdom, Niernan and his new mate were brought up, along with the pack she had been trying no to think about. “Yes” a blunt, short response. “I was there yesterday, lovely bunch of canines as I recall, made me feel oh so welcome” her eyes rolled, head shaking from side to side as she recalled their overly dramatic responses to her. “Let's just say your dad almost had a fit, Colibri, well I have nothing nice to say there so i'll say nothing and Shiloh had a bit of a temper tantrum” a low, raspy burst of laughter escaped her, “So i'll be sticking clear of there for awhile. I've done enough paw stepping and I think they all need a time out to realise they may of overreacted a little bit” lifting a hand, she indicated jokingly how much they overreacted.

Last edited by Grace Revlis on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

POSTED: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:01 pm

  Out of Character
Word Count: 340

  In Character
His free spirited mother seemed unconcerned with the idea that he might make mistakes, might hurt someone. Though she wasn't advocating to hurt someone purposefully, which was good. That would have made Loch entirely uncomfortable with her advice altogether. As it was, he liked the idea of testing out a path, trying it out and seeing where it went for a while. He had done that a bit already with Carrie. Maybe he needed to date Iris for a while and see how that went. What he felt, what he wanted after that. Though he nearly choked on his own spit when she warned him against venereal diseases and accidentally procreating. His face flushed with shock, because of course when he was a cub she never would have said such a thing. Then he laughed, though it was more out of surprise than anything. "Well that's an interesting way to summarize Dad's whole speech on how babies are made." he said, running his hand through his mane in a nervous gesture. Certainly he hadn't intended to put it in either of the girls who liked him. At least not until one was his mate; then he might consider that.

His ears were raised to hear what she had to say about seeing Vinatta again. Apparently, a whole slew of his family members had shown up to give her an ousting. Which didn't surprise him too much. Shiloh was fiercely protective of Dreyma and of Niernan, too; she also didn't like wolves who abandoned their families, as had been proven in the past. Niernan and Colibri had obvious reasons to not want Grace around, especially considering their young litter. He smiled in amusement at her raised hand to indicate the overreaction meter from the Vikings. "Well, I am glad you are still sticking around the area, anyway. Where are you going to stay?" he asked, eager to be able to visit her as much as possible. For all he knew, her promise to be nearby was as fleeting as the season.

Table by Ninette!
Image Credits in Wiki

Nine
Luperci
action bears consequence

POSTED: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Grace's check list of things to do: make son feel awkward, yup. [338]

Grinning all the while she watched him grow embarrassed, something she hadn't expected from her own son. She was glad that she hadn't missed all of his moments growing up. Right now, she was getting to watch him in the phase where romance and the like were still awkward, where he wasn't sure which girl's hand he wanted to be holding, who he loved and who would make him happy. It was an adorable stage in life, not that she would ever tell him the fact that he was so troubled and embarrassed over such matters so innocently cute. It made up for the fact she'd missed his 'girls are gross' stage of growing and she was glad that he had allowed her back so easily, that he was allowing her to lecture, to laugh, to act like his mother as if it was the most natural thing in the world. As if she hadn't been missing his whole life.

“I'll probably find somewhere in Amherst later. Not quite feeling the whole 'let's join a pack' thing right now” she would make do, settle for less than she was used to. It would only be a temporary place until she found somewhere more permanent anyway. So long as she was close to her children, she would work the rest out later.

Snickering now, her eyes narrowed a fraction with laughter, “However, about your dad.... That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. He's rather on the small size, so he's excessively embarrassed about such matters; tries to make up for it in other ways, I suppose” her grin now was simply plain wicked, a small revenge against Niernan for taking up another woman so soon. “So tell me about these two girls or boys; i'm assuming it's two, since you mentioned a triangle. If there's one thing I can do, it's pick out lousy mate material” shameless words, reflecting the fact that she was aware she herself was not mateship material and could pick out those who were like her.

Kitty

Dead Topics