release the hounds of war

POSTED: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:05 pm

((300+)) Anyone welcome, help out this wily coyote in her war horse training, anyone can help. :3

Primrose danced below her, her feathered hooves striking the still cold ground. The large mare tossed her head as Snap reeled her back. They both grew weary from the push and pull of their training. The pair worked countless hours, toiling at the reins and racing down the muddied ground, dampened by the weeping snow that still laid across the ground in heavy drifts. Snap had strengthened, pulling from the work of her training and the awakening spring that stirred around her.

It helped that she rose like an obelisk, feeling powerful on the mares back. From her vantage point, no one could call her small or meek and she was not reduced to creeping around like a thieving coyote among the ruin of a bygone glory. Her horse gave her power, a stature unparalleled by any wolf. Prim snorted derisively, the usually gentle mare turned aggressive under the firm guidance of the Lykoi female. Before them, a limp looking figure created from coarse boxes and a loosely weaved burlap. There were already signs of wear and tear on the constructed luperci. It looked clearly trampled and had been run through at least twice.

Snapdragon didn't intend to stop, they were just getting warmed up. And the heat of the movement coursed through her body like streams of fire. The coyote eyed the target, yanking on the reins, causing Prim to jump slightly, her front hooves leaving the ground for a moment. Snap released the tension on the reins that held the draft cross steady and she shot forward, the coyote pressing her herself low on the neck of her rushing partner.

There was hardly time for breathe, the charge was music to her ears. The steady drumming of hooves against the ground, the heavy breath of Prim echoing in the hollow of her skull. It was hard to think beyond the feeling of the wind and the in sync tension of their muscles working together. It was onto at the collision when the cool, biting air returned and the crushing silence of the wastes. Prim's stride was hardly even broken as she crushed the burlap figure beneath broad hooves.

Snap let out an excited whoop, as they trotted around to appraise the damage to the inanimate object. It was clear that the figure was not getting up, impossible to put back together at this point. Snap grinned from ear to ear but she wanted more practice, the blood rushing through her veins still hot and determined.

Snapdragon

Inferni
Bellum III (NPC)
Owl
Luperci Multiple Co-Ranks Level III Immunes Chaos Star
lady of mischief

POSTED: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:09 am

Annabeth de Fonte
I know the role that you play so save your clichés, I wasn't born yesterday

She had heard the thunder of the hooves, the crash of the body racing across the grass and mud. It sounded familiar, like the beat of a horse running hard. Anna had seen and heard it before, had felt the power beneath a horse, and it was simply not something that she wanted for herself. Wayne had taught her how to take care of the horses and how to groom, feed, and maintain them. It gave her a fondness for them, but it stayed with her on the ground, not on their backs. Still, the sound drove her to the source, and she watched as the woman atop the mare pelted down at a makeshift target.

The target was all beat up to hell, and Anna found her eye traveled to the woman atop the horse again. She was a pretty thing but the look on her face was the most interesting to her. She was enjoying it immensely. She would have enjoyed Casa if she liked this mounted combat thing. Her father would have loved a real cavalry. But she wondered how long the pair of them were at it.

She came into the open, strolling like she knew what she was about. And she did, she had that horse knowledge. Anna may not have been a horse person herself, but she knew them well enough. "How long you been at this?" she called out, hoping not too long. A horse had to be rested. What point was a warhorse if it was tired when the fight came? It could use a cleaning too, with the mud on the ground. All the churned mud was risky, too. A horse that slipped might lose its head.

Hey, hope you don't mind me jumping in another of your threads :B

Annabeth de Fonte

signature by Dark
Inferni
Quintus (NPC)
Gen
Luperci Multiple Co-Ranks Level III Immunes
liberi fatali
excitate vos e somno

POSTED: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 am

((300+)) Hey!

Snap whipped toward the sound of the voice. The adrenaline was still pumping through her veins. Prim was still adamantly trampling the dummy and only stopped at the slight touch of the coyote's fingers against her neck. Quickly, the mare lost much of her fire. She was, first and foremost, a simply horse trained first to be gentle and docile. Prim trusted her keeper so absolutely that she could turn on a dime to please her. Snap was a grateful instructor as well, a warm giver of treats.

The coyote was quick to change as well. The look of fevered delight was replaced with caution. Over the passing months, her barriers had been chipped at slowly but they still stood, weak and battered as they were. Her dull red eyes looked over the blonde haired female, her hair laying in lazy rivulets. Snap thought she looked fierce, a warrior of sorts, or at least trained to be one at some point. There was a determined flash in her eyes that made Snap respect her vaguely despite her initial wariness. Her face was not very familiar though. The pack grew often though, loners being brought in and leaving on their own accord but the face did not speak loner to her.

The tawny coyote hesitated on her response. Prim danced below her, curved ears swiveling attentively. "Not too long," came her guarded response as she tilted her head. With a slight change in pressure at her knees, Prim eased forward towards the hybrid. "What's it to you?" Snapdragon was not quick to trust, especially with new faces bobbing around the pack lands. She didn't know them or their past motives, so she found no reason to trust her, at least not yet.

Snap knew that she trying to become more friendly about strangers, but the easiness that she once had would come with time. She was a little annoyed from the interruption, since Prim's good focus had been snapped suddenly. Though, the thought danced in the back of her head that another canine could help in the training.

Snapdragon

Inferni
Bellum III (NPC)
Owl
lady of mischief

POSTED: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:56 am

Annabeth de Fonte

The excitement left the woman's face but it seemed to be replaced with concern. Duh, the woman did not know Annabeth at all, as Anna knew her not at all. She was not surprised but made no motion to comment on it. She watched the horse and woman move, pause and wait. Maybe the creature was not tired at all, but she never wanted to risk a horse's leg or heart on such a bet. She was no prodigy like Wayne was with his horses, but at least she could tell a few things.

The stranger admitted it had not been too long, making the young former Cavalieri female shrug her shoulders. Then there was no issue here and she could go. However, the woman on the horse nudged it, guiding it toward her. The horse was still a pretty thing at such a distance and did seem to need no rest yet. Blue gaze rising up from the horse to the woman, it locked onto her facial features with a slight level of respect and admiration. Anna had no skill riding horses well, so she had to give some regard to those who could without worry of falling to their death.

"Nothin', I just know some things about horses, is all." Some things maybe, nothing too spectacular. "I've seen some horses trained to fight before and know they need more time to relax from that than regular riding." Her shoulders rolled again, this time accompanied with her hands rising palms up. "Is no one allowed to show interest? Thought Inferni was a lot looser than that." she suddenly snapped back at the other woman, having found her slightly abrasive question poking at a nerve. Perhaps the woman meant well but Anna was hardly courteous enough to ignore prickly people.

I feel like you keep seeing my posting at it's worst xD;

Annabeth de Fonte

signature by Dark
Inferni
Quintus (NPC)
Gen
liberi fatali
excitate vos e somno

POSTED: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 am

((300+)) OOC

Snapdragon observed the women. She was a stranger to her, both of them were. She was already beginning to smell of Inferni, but there was that distinguishable scent of Casa di Cavalieri that couldn't disappear overnight. Snap wasn't sure if the younger female was over stepping her boundaries. The lithe coyote was never one for authority figures, but she did feel slightly put off by the spritely canine's use of attitude. She couldn't exactly scold her, for Snap couldn't say she would have replied the same way.As agitated as she was, she couldn't fault her. Prim tossed her head in response to Snap's brief annoyance.

"You've got on a tongue on," Snap replied with equal sharpness, but there was no true edge to her voice and a smile even crept onto her face. The mare scuffed the ground still and Snap soothed her with a rub on her neck. She wanted to practice, but Snap thought that they could take a moment's breather. "I wouldn't worry, we have been building on our training sessions. I make sure she's wanting more rather than exhausting her in one session."

She could forgive some rudeness anyway. Clearly, she was too hot blooded and young yet to show some respect to those that were older than herself. When Snap was still free across the pack lands, she hadn't minded raising a bit of hell. Her mate and brother had been her partners in crime, but there was only her and raising hell just didn't seem as much fun without them around. Snap refocused her attention on the pale furred coywolf, seeing out her summer eyes. "Snapdragon," she offered, introducing herself with a nod of her pointed muzzle. Perhaps they could be on good terms despite Annabeth's fighting words. Snap didn't have the energy to argue anyway.

Snapdragon

Inferni
Bellum III (NPC)
Owl
lady of mischief

POSTED: Mon May 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Annabeth de Fonte

There was an insult there in her words but the female could only smile crookedly back at the woman on the horse. Her voice had said that it was no exactly an insult, and that was good enough for her. Her shoulders rolled slightly and she snickered. Of course she had a tongue on her. Anna enjoyed swears, especially the way they rolled off of her tongue with such happy ease. "I bet she'd drop you if you tried to push her far." That had been her own honest concern, and she had still yet to bother with horses for herself.

Snapdragon introduced herself, making the coywolf raise a brow in curiosity. Flower for a name, and she trained to fight. Dainty, deadly daisy. "Annabeth. Well, Anna preferably." Her name sounded weird to her, despite hearing it all the time. It was long and wordy. It sounded like two names. Her hands gestured to herself as she gave a mocking bow at the other woman. But her smile was genuine towards her. At least Snapdragon had not snapped back at her for being rude.

"You know, if you need help just takin' care of the horses, maybe I can help sometime. I used to help at home with them a bit, nothing fancy like, though." Wayne had rubbed off on her after all. "You've been in Inferni long?" she questioned suddenly, practically jumping from one topic to the next. "What is there fun to do around here? Where's the mischief at?"

Annabeth de Fonte

signature by Dark
Inferni
Quintus (NPC)
Gen
liberi fatali
excitate vos e somno

POSTED: Fri May 16, 2014 9:03 pm

((300+)) OOC

Snap eased a smile onto her face. She was glad to meet the new member despite her putting her nose into something that wasn't her business. Though, the Lykoi appreciated those with a bit more bite to their words. It kept things interesting and Snap couldn't stand those who simpered at her feet like children. Recently, she had been trying to make more friends but obviously it had not started so easily after the departure of her brother. But she had been working hard, training with Prim and seeking to make herself bettrer and a more approachable source of kindness and fun for the younger and older members of the Clan.

"Oh she would," Snap assured, brushing her hand against her mare's neck. The horse was good tempered, docile when she was not in training but Prim knew her limits. Luckily, Snap was very aware of them as well since they had been together for so long. The coyote knew what would break the mare and was keen on not exploiting her powers of stamina and strength. They were an alliance, she was not using the mare for her strength but they worked in tandem for an goal that they both saw as necessary. It was improving each other and finding their own strength even if they never needed to use the fierce fighting ways they taught each other.

Snap looked at her, wondering where she had come from before but didn't want to press in places she was not aware of. Many came to new packs to find refuge and whatever had driven her from her previous pack didn't matter to Snapdragon. "I'd love your help sometimes," she said with a smile, widening slightly. "I have been in Inferni since the fall time. I was dropped her as a child and left for a time and returned and left. It is only now that I have come to find my home here."

She considered the follow up question though, shrugging slightly. Her view of fun may be different from the young females.

"I suppose the wastes can be fun along with the mansion and where the fire is. But I like to spend my time out with the wild horses, figuring them out." She wasn't sure someone young asnd bright like Anna would find enjoyment in such times but Snapdragon liked doing them.

Snapdragon

Inferni
Bellum III (NPC)
Owl
lady of mischief

Dead Topics