The real words seem to hurt you

Backdated to Mar. 19th; Joining!

POSTED: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:39 am

Your characters' precise species and species percentages: 85% Coyote, 10% Dog, 5% Wolf
Your desired Auxilia tier: Bellum (war), Miscellus (miscellaneous), or Lumen (scout): Lumen
Your desired Immunes rank(s), if known: Optius, Caligatium, Tribunus, or Vigilus :)
Your characters' cNPC: Beelzebub, ghost. (Does he count as an NPC? If not, I'd like Izual to be his NPC :)
Your characters' animal NPCs: No name, Akhal-Teke

+3 So, I was going to ask if joiner threads could be backdated – but I remembered that I forward dated Lorelei’s a while ago, so I think backdating should be fine, right? If not, I’ll have to work something out with his timeline O.o

Even at Inferni’s borders, they weren’t safe yet. It had taken them a while to get there – a lot of packing and careful sleeping in between the inklings of the night. They were able to get there without getting tracked down by Skye’s people, as Belial seemed to think they were after him. It was logical thinking since he had learned that Kenna wasn’t dead and Izual hadn’t done his job right. Even though the woman had gotten caught up in a gang of canines that seemed to rough her up as soon as they were able to get their hands on her, Belial wouldn’t believe that he was completely safe. He wouldn’t take that chance, after seeing how they rallied for Lowry’s death. The stronger coyote refused to admit his wrong, and snarled at Belial every chance he mentioned it. Izual was the one to howl when they got to his nicely decorated gates, and Belial’s hopefully new home; his new sanctuary to save his ass from being found by the d’Artisans.

He stood quietly with his bag of the few things he owned beside Izual as he yapped into the sky. Belial’s eyes wandered to the stakes that held painted and decorated skulls among them. He hoped to be able to contribute a few of them someday. He loved the idea of their painted infrastructures rung up for everyone to see when they approached this deadly clan’s fence. For some reason, even as he felt eyes on him at every second, Belial was not nervous to finally join his father’s pack. It seemed he had always belonged here after all – even if his mother bashed the place and even as he avoided it. Here, he hoped, they would not toss him out for his weird ways. If they had not gotten rid of his brother yet, then it meant Belial would be safe as long as he kept his antics to a minimum.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:10 am

I know Izual Massacre is a cNPC of inferni, so i'm assuming he'd smell like the pack; correct me if i'm wrong! [244]

With both bow and quiver upon his form, the hybrid was heading out towards the border with hunting upon his mind. It was perhaps one of the easiest ways to expand upon his possessions, by using the meat for his pack and the bones and pelts for trade. A hand rose to tug at the quivers strap, fiddling with it to straighten it out, a twisted section digging into him uncomfortably. Smoothing it down, partially folded ears perked up at the sound of a howl, calling from the clan's borders. Cocking his head to the side for a moment, he altered his course, following it out of curiosity.

The hunting could always wait, given that he did it often enough that he wasn't desperate for trading goods at the moment; that and border encounters were typically quick to address. Sliding into an easy jog, his path leading him to the decorated skulls and with it, the two pale figures appeared. Neither were particularly familiar to him, although one carried the scent of inferni. Curious now, he straightened his form, golden eyes flicking from one to the other. “Can I help either of you?” a simple question, given that one or the other had called out for some reason.

Maybe the guy with slightly more orange hair had beaten him to answering the call, which would explain his presence. If so, he'd go back to his plans to hunt and leave them alone for now.

Kitty
Luperci
Parmi Mouton Noir
A Rising Black Horse

POSTED: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:41 pm

+0 You’re correct to assume :)

Luckily, for Belial’s nerves, they hadn’t been standing there for that long. There was no answer call – as some packs did sometimes – but another doggish figure appeared shortly, with bow in hand and an active bounce in his step. In the back of his mind, Belial noted that maybe a bow would be a great weapon of choice for him. While it did require some arm muscle, it didn’t require the brute strength that many others did. Izual stepped up to the other that approached them; it was obvious that he didn’t know who Izual really was. ”Hello, don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Izual Massacre, resident here and Tiro Miscleri. This is my brother,” he motioned to the skinner coyote to his side, Belial, ”And I’d like him to join the pack as well.”

When he was mentioned, Belial stepped up closer to his brother’s side and closer to this coyote they stood before, with the bow. ”Pleasure to meet you, Sir. I’m Belial Massacre,” he wasn’t usually as talkative with other men, but he figured he’d have to fake it in order to get in here. Izual couldn’t do all the talking for him. While his eyes had remained on the other for a majority of the time, they had swept down low to look at the detailed edges of his bow and he let his mind wander to places where he could acquire one. ”Do you know whether Myrika or Vesper are free?” Izual asked, somewhat rushing the situation because they needed to be out of plain sight soon – Belial’s paranoia was rubbing off on him.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Sorry about the wait, i had a deadline today xD Cranky Brum is cranky, don't mind him; he doesn't like it when someone doesn't speak for themselves ^^; He'll probably swap to innuendos or something soon >.> [462]

Large ears flicked back a fraction, golden eyes flicking over to the one that smelt of the clan as he introduced himself as Izual, which frankly was a strange name, not that he was going to tell the other as much to the male. He was one of the lower ranks of Inferni; so either he was new or not worthy of a rank within the clan for some reason, although it mattered little to the Moineau for the others reasons and history, the small pieces of information were simply gathered and then dismissed as unimportant as quickly as they were given. Responding with a half hearted grunt of acknowledgement, his attention was drawn away to the mentioned brother who was apparently looking to join, which explained the unique situation to the hybrid; whilst he was of a higher rank than the male, neither of them were charged with the responsibility to accept joiners.

Shifting his stance a fraction he looked at the pale male, opinion already low given the fact his brother had done the talking thus far. It was unattractive for a guy to have someone else do everything for him; or well, anyone of any gender for that matter. The lack of conversation past a brief, albeit polite introduction indicated to laziness, lack of appropriate social understanding and norms, disinterest in really joining or even lack of confidence to ask to join himself. None of the possible explanations were really all that complimenting for the other. Contempt bled through his expression, something he allowed because he honestly didn't care what this other creature thought of him; he was here because of the call and would do his part then leave.

Turning away from the other, he shrugged his shoulders towards Izual, “Dunno, although I can call for my sister” a simple statement given in warning as he threw his head back, summoning Vesper, his call a mixture of dog, wolf and coyote, unique and representing his unusual heritage. “I'm Brumaire, by the way, the current Armori and fletcher” he told the pair belatedly, not that his name was of much importance here. With the summons given, he turned back to the creature seeking to join, “So, can you actually speak or do you plan to hide behind your brother here to get into the clan?” an eyebrow rose as his muzzle scrunched with distaste for a moment. “Cause if so, what skills could you offer the clan” aside from clinging to a siblings coattails. He didn't vocalise or push the point, enough had already been said on the matter after all, his voice was frank despite the somewhat harsh words, a look briefly shot to the lesser ranked male to butt out and let the outsider do the speaking.

Kitty
Luperci
Parmi Mouton Noir
A Rising Black Horse

POSTED: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:26 am

+3 Poof! A horse! (Forgot I should have mentioned him there >.>) Also, no worries about the wait! It wasn’t long :)

Their conversation was brief with this man; apparently, Izual hadn’t known him and that just made it slightly more awkward. While Belial hadn’t minded, Izual took up to explaining most of the situation to the man. He hadn’t thought much of it, honestly. He assumed that when it was time for him to speak, he would answer some questions and be judged according to that. However, when he was called out for his silence, Belial’s ears flicked back and he growled softly at Izual, who regarded him with a harsh expression. ”I can speak,” he answered calmly, too calm. ”I am skilled in scouting, stealth, assassination, and have general knowledge of many things,” he spoke, offering what he could off of the top of his brain. Assassination was a pretty word for it, he guessed. Izual stood beside him, quiet for now; his eyes switched between them as each of them spoke.

Izual eyed the Armori harshly as he looked away, collectively reacting to the look he was given seconds before. He had not held a higher rank because he did not care to be in a pack. He was a loner much of his life, and now that he shoved himself into a pack (a family pack, no less), he was perfectly content with staying at the lower ranks for now. At least for now, until he got his shit sorted a little better. Even though he had not liked the look he was given, Izual had no plans to speak for his brother’s skills. He had not known what Belial was good at aside from killing and weaseling his way out of trouble.

The Akhal-Teke behind him snorted, and pulled against his lanky arm as the stallion bobbed its head in annoyance. Belial turned to the shimmering stallion, but otherwise refocused his gaze back upon the man with the bow, now known as Brumaire. ”A pleasure to meet you, Armori Brumaire,” he spoke carefully, using titles, and respectfully hoping that it would edge this process on a lot quicker than it was going. At least, he had promptly called for his sister, so that meant things would move along soon.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

See galleries for image credits.

Vesper did not recognize the first cry at the borders, but she assumed that it was a member -- one that Myrika had accepted, perhaps. Inferni was of a healthy size, and while in her daily business she saw most coyotes that made their home here, she did not know all by name or reputation. She angled toward the borders regardless, the beads rattling at her neck as she loped, her pace brisker when a howl she did recognize added to the summons.

It seemed that her brother was quick to answer any business at the borders, something she took note of as if he was just any regular member. Their relationship was not the soured, broken thing it had been since the attack -- but it wasn't quite right, either, and most of the time Vesper did not know how to feel about it. At least now she could attend to business, hiding anything behind a cool, appraising expression.

What do you want? Vesper asked, and glanced at her sibling for his explanation -- anything the stranger and his brother (who Ves did recognize as a Massacre, if one otherwise nameless to her) had told the Armori he could rely to her.

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:23 am

Feel free to skip brum; he's just hanging back for now! [370]

Great. The kid was making ever worse of an impression by the second; not only did he come across poorly in the initial impression department, but when asked for his skills the cream pelted creature listed assassination of all things, something that the Moineau doubted because anyone could claim to have a talent for killing others, very few had the actual capacity to back it up and it wasn't one of those skills that was all that... practical, to be able to prove. He almost felt sorry for the other; had no one given him the memo to act harmless, friendly and useful when approaching borders, because the other was making an incredibly poor impression of himself thus far.

Nor did it really endear the other to him; he was not a fighter, never had been and never would be, despite the fact he had the natural talent and instincts to hunt he'd never seen the lure that had so many clambering to become mighty warriors these days. Life was longer and much more fun if they picked up a hobby like knitting or archery in his opinion. “So you like to kill things” he responded dryly; dismissing the other's polite greeting and use of titles, looking for all the world completely unimpressed by the other's claims, he had no love for those who pursued violence for the sake of violence, the madness he had seen in his brother was not something he would welcome back into the clan, although it was never his choice on these matters. “And you claim to be all stealthy as if that makes you cool. Any other talents to hopefully endear yourself to me?” he asked with sarcasm, partially folded ears flicking back as he noted Vesper's approach.

Turning, he kept one eye towards the two strangers, the other drawn to his sister, his own golden eye's meeting her glance. “Belial Massacre, brother to Izual Masscare, looking to join. Is apparently good with assassination” he responded to her question, conveying his stance on the other as best he could. Shrugging his shoulders, he stepped back to allow Vesper to judge the situation and the potential joiner, remaining however in hearing distance out of curiosity.

Kitty
Luperci
Parmi Mouton Noir
A Rising Black Horse

POSTED: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:29 pm

+3 ooc text here.

The whole setting was pretty awkward – Izual pretended to be this big shot in Inferni, meanwhile their own border scout hadn’t even known him. Apparently the Massacre family line wasn’t a big thing to everyone because Brumaire didn’t seem all that impressed. Actually, Brumaire didn’t seem all that impressed with anything they said – anything he said. It frustrated Belial to know that he really didn’t have any useful skills outside of the usual hunting, fishing, killing shit ordeal. When he spoke of assassination as one of his skills, the Armori’s blasé expression towards his skills heightened even more. Belial felt stupid, and feeling stupid made him angry – and he didn’t like this at all. Though, he tried to keep a cool face even as he was openly ridiculed, ”When I have to.”

The coydog brute continued to ridicule him some more, and even asked for any other skills – probably so he could continue to poke fun at them. Belial was reluctant, and also grateful as he realized another had come along and broke the Armori’s concentration. He straightened, Izual behind him stood around, not really paying attention anymore – except when his name was mentioned, he dipped his head lightly to Vesper, but then resumed daydreaming. When it was mentioned that Belial was only good with assassination, he growled lightly and added, ”Among other things.” Instead of resting his gaze upon the rude male – who had now sauntered off to stand in the background anyway – his orange eyes met with those of his leader’s for a brief moment. He then lowered them to some part of her face because he was nervous that he would have to take hiding somewhere else instead of his father’s once clan.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 pm

See galleries for image credits.

Brumaire introduced the stranger and one of his skills, and the scar above one brow lifted as Vesper turned blue eyes to the stranger and Izual. The loner, Belial, added a quick growl -- which proved that Brum had gotten under his skin, as he was prone to do with many. Whether it was flirting or needling others, she knew her brother was as good at shattering composure as much as he was bad at hiding his own emotions -- from her, at least.

"Assassination," Vesper said. It was a strange skill to boast -- mainly because it carried a hint of danger to it. Uncomfortable at the thought of Inferni needing anyone assassinated, she frowned and wondered what else he might contribute. "An assassination is not a warrior," she pointed out. "So you rely on stealth, poisons?" Perhaps it was only the connotation, but one who could confront others in battle and kill them that way -- including Vesper, much as she preferred not to bloody her fangs -- would not be assassin. One traded brute strength for sneakiness when one decided to be an assassin.

Because one did have to decide to be an assassin -- killing one person out of revenge was not it. "I imagine you've done this before?" she asked, and her eyes hardened. "Assassinating someone is different than just killing them. It implies a premeditated target, and an order. Who used your services? What can we expect from the ones you've killed?" She did not want prior employers or siblings of victims to follow this coyote into the clan where her daughter and son lived.

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:41 pm

+3 ooc text here.

As it turned out, a little white lie had turned into a very detailed one. The Armori made a big deal about his assassination skills, and now the Centurion did as well. While he wanted to come clean for his own dignity’s sake, he knew that it would make him look bad on his part unless he explained what he substituted that skill with - and that they certainly would not tolerate, as Cercatori d’Arte had not either. ”I am aware,” he spoke simply as Vesper mentioned that assassins were very different from warriors. ”Yes,” he didn't want to go further into his methods of assassination because he didn't want to dig his hole any deeper.

Figuring that telling them that he had not done it so many times before may have eased up their discomfort with his chosen skill. He wanted to direct the attention away from that to something else he could have been truthful about. ”I have assassinated others before, but not very many, and I cannot say who ordered me to do so.” He spoke calmly, trying to keep his thoughts together more than anything else. ”This will not bring trouble for Inferni; they were killed in another country.” He scrambled his brain thinking of other skills he might have to contribute to the pack. He noted that despite Brumaire hearing what he was good at before, Vesper had only heard of his assassin skills. ”I am also a skilled scout, good with stealth (I can teach others, if that’s possible); I am able to read and write, and I know about a lot of different things,” he couldn't really specify what ‘different things’ he knew, and he hoped that what he would say next would clear that up. ”I had a friend in this other country that was very fascinated with human artifacts. He did extensive research on his own and studied books for hours and hours - he taught me a lot of what he knew, among other things I learned about from books.”

He could see the concern in the Centurion’s face, her body language - and while he understood her caution, he really needed to get out of the open and get into Inferni. ”I was a Beta of a feral wolf pack for a while, a year or so. The alpha was not a shifter, and much of the rest of the pack were not either. I didn’t need very many skills aside from scouting and my mouth to keep me useful in that position.” Maybe hearing about his dedication to another would help to ease her mind. ”I hope to refine and learn some new skills here, if I am accepted,” he admitted; he knew he didn't have very many skills to boast around.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

Dead Topics