slung in the swaying saddle

p. Micah

POSTED: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:24 pm

300+, edge of Ethereal Eclipse

It was a lower day. Snap could feel her chest was heavy from the moment she rose from bed. It didn't feel particularly good feeling like this. She felt as though her heart was leaden and threatening to crack her rib cage and free itself. Though, she had urged herself out of her dusty room and the little pile of furs she called a bed. The feeble sun did some to lighten her but she was dragging visible and not interacting with others as she passed by. Such languid passing and the world turned continuously leaving her to drag. It was only right for her to unite with Prim and just go into the neutral grounds where her poor mood would disrupt no one.

When she mounted Prim, she did less sitting and rather splayed out across the mare's back and let her carry her where she pleased. Snap didn't mind, when she wanted to return she would be able to follow the trail back easily. It just felt good to be lost for a little while and not really care where she was.

Prim took her out of Inferni's territory, walking an easy pace so that the small woman wasn't jostled or fell from her lackadaisical position on the back of the horse. Snap closed her eyes for a spell and when she opened them everything looked different and the sun had moved considerably in the sky and for a moment she felt a surge of alarm at her position and how far she had actually gone. But she slowly calmed, returning to the prone position she was at before, realizing that it didn't matter how far she had gone really. Prim would not have led her anywhere dangerous.

But it was different and after a few more minutes she slid from the mare's back and onto the soft new grasses. She almost fell when her paws came back onto the ground. Her brow knitted, wondering just how long she had been on the horse. Glancing at the sun, she leaned against the trunk of a tree and tried to regain proper feeling in her legs before she turned back or continued forward.

Snapdragon

Owl
Luperci Chaos Star
lady of mischief

POSTED: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:27 am

Sorry again for the wait. ;3; I missed this completely. Should be fine now!

In his years of greater youth Micah managed stress not through substances but isolation and self-imposed misery. In actuality they were safer means, for he refused to devalue the significance of his problems with delaying drugs and substances. At the time, Micah had seen them as running away and avoiding his shortcomings. He had seen them as weak decisions, as something his father would do, as something all the useless earthchildren of Juniper Peace would do and unyieldingly so.

But with age he had either lost that wisdom or surrendered to immaturity. While the Lykoi was no alcoholic, the flask scavenged many moons past had become a closer companion than most fellow d'Artisans, and with time he thought less and less of the drink as a means to run away. It helped him cope, that was all. He would not lose control; he would not become Razekiel.

But Mistral's leave from Cercatori d'Arte had been a far tougher adjustment for him than perceived, and as near repeat of the previous circumstance in which he had drank so much—when he was rescued by dear, understanding Sylvia—the man woke up outside pack borders as result of booze-induced midnight wanderlust. His headache did not spike as it did last time. He couldn't have become more accustomed to the drink, could he?

In his intoxication Micah must have shambled into the stables and retrieved poor Bark, for the stallion stood idly by unmistakably irritated with the coyote. As apology Micah promptly brought him to a neighboring river and provided extra treats from his sloppily packed satchel. With Bark, Micah trudged back towards Cercatori d'Arte self-reprimanding and weary of his own behavior, but inner scoldings were dismissed at once upon at scent of Inferni and glance of the tawny woman traveling alone with a steed of her own.

How terribly morose she seemed, dragging in mood and step before he himself was noticed. Micah could not pass her with good conscience and, pinching brows and sucking in breath, approached her with great caution. She was Inferni, after all, and alarmingly far from her home.

"He-Hello," the d'Artisan called from a slow-approaching distance. "Umm, are you all right?"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:17 pm

300+

Snap whipped her head around at the sound of a voice. She had been so preoccupied with her moping that she hadn't even noticed the approach of another. Openly startled, her hackles began to raise in embarrassment. Her brief anger didn't last long, it wasn't the dark furred stranger's fault that she was startled and moping about in a place she wasn't even familiar with. She shot a glance toward Prim who still grazed passively, perhaps the mare hadn't sensed any danger in the male's timid approach.

She stared at him with a steady stare, not aggressive or even annoyed anymore. She just wanted to see whether or not she actually wanted to deal with her. He didn't leave though and even asked her a question. It was one she wasn't even sure she had asked herself and didn't really care to answer it. A long sigh whistled between her teeth, gazing at the dark male. He smelled slightly of alcohol and of the artist pack. With a slightly alarmed look around, she hadn't realized just how far she had gone.

She lifted a hand to her messy blonde hair, blinking in confusion, "Uhm," she began, standing up slowly. Her legs still felt a little like jelly when she stood up. "Well, I don't suppose I am, I am very far away from home and I didn't even realize it." Snap could feel her legs becoming a little steadier and she pushed off from the tree. Her dull read eyes glanced around more in confusion than before. She was beginning to see that the trees were not ones she knew and the paths had never been walked by her.

The coyote turned toward her horse and began to wonder where she had taken her. Obviously, it was a fores of sorts but there were many places in the woods that looked very similar to ever other wood. Snapdragon's eyes sought out the stranger, the answer of her questions.

Snapdragon

Owl
Luperci Chaos Star
lady of mischief

POSTED: Fri May 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Perhaps it had been rude of him to speak and assume something might have been wrong, for the little Inferni lady—heartwrenchingly as tiny and blond as Mistral—gaped following his inquiry long enough to become uncomfortable. She sighed, seemed to absorb something from him once more, and once standing glanced in every direction available to her. Micah might have mistaken her for a drunk given her answer and demeanor, but no scent of intoxication cloaked her. Only the required sullen mood, or so he might have been rude to believe.

Then she laid expectant eyes on him as if Micah knew all the answers in the world. Funny, that. She could not have been more wrong. "Umm, well, you're closer to my pack than yours." He pointed west with a certain informality that signaled short distance to Cercatori d'Arte.

"I-I mean, I don't know you, but... But I wouldn't really feel very good leaving you out here alone. Th-These parts have not been safe lately." She reminded him too heavily of Mistral, and he could not bear to see that little girl walk from him a second time so soon. He did not yet close the distance between them, uncertain of both her motive so close to d'Artisan lands and willingness for dialogue. "I'm Micah—Micah Lykoi. Do you... Do you need a place to sleep?"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Wed May 14, 2014 12:05 am

300+

She let out a sigh of both sadness and confusion, shooting a sour look towards her horse. The large mare gave something akin to a shrug and turned to nibble on more grasses. Clearly, she had been working so hard today to offer Snap many of her sympathies. It seemed surprising to her that she had wandered so far. She didn't want to lay her problems on the stranger though, who introduced himself as Micah. They had only just met and he was offering her such kindnesses. It was her fault that she had gone so far out of her way and gotten herself into potential danger. Anyone could have snatched her off the back of Prim's back.

Snap felt disorientated and wearyed. Some days were worse than others but this was probably the most embarrassing thing that she had gotten herself wrapped up in. So, with her skin heating up under her fur, she nodded slowly. She felt slightly better that the stranger was a Lykoi like her, though there were so many of them it was hard to make that a judgement of character.

"I'm Snapdragon Lykoi," she responded with some sheepishness. In any other circumstance, she would have liked to meet another one of her family. Since there were so many of them, there were many different stories that they could tell. Obviously, this one was as sheepish as she even though she was the one that had embarrassed herself, not him.

"That would be very kind of you, I appear to have lost my senses today." She supposed that he deserved some kind of explanation, "I fell asleep on my horse and she just carried me along. Prim always carries me to safe places, but I didn't expect it to be so far away." She felt a little ridiculous, but it was the honest truth.

Snapdragon

Owl
Luperci Chaos Star
lady of mischief

POSTED: Thu May 15, 2014 8:59 am

His assumptions had not been entirely in the wrong, it seemed, for the little clan woman appeared to him nothing less than disoriented by the thoughts bustling about behind those deep red eyes. He did not intimidate her—what a rarity that would have been—and she agreed to accompany him to the safer grounds of Cercatori d'Arte. His d'Artisan home and his bloodline's clan suffered no tension of late he knew of; perhaps Skye would not approve of his taking in a guest, but the circumstances would be explained and the responsibility his own.

Though if something were to go wrong, if this child was a spy or a very convincing actress... After the granite coyote's connection to Lowry's murder, he was not sure he would be allowed a second chance to attract trouble. No matter. What had he to lose by leaving the d'Artisans? Most would scarcely notice his absence. None would come asking where he had gone.

"That's all right," he said, attempting a smile, wondering if the two Lykoi were related. Their surname was not as common as it once had been. "It's, umm, it's this way. You look tired—maybe you should ride on her back."

Micah led them a stretch, eyes and ears alert, paranoia evident. Trusting Inferni was a formidable task for one so experienced with its darker folk, but Snapdragon was not the first of the clan he had met of late to be benevolent and cooperative. Still...

"Um..." She looked so miserable. "Is there, um... is there anything else I can do for you? S-Something to eat or drink or..." A pause. "Someone to listen?"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Sun May 25, 2014 10:10 pm

300+ much slow D;

Snapdragon, still in a state of confusion and relief, was able to clamor onto Prim's back. She never really realized how tall her horse was until she had to climb onto her mountainous. While a task, she was able to sit on the mare's bowed and comfortable back. She turned her head around to examine her rider with a look of doe eyed concerned. It wasn't her fault, Snap shouldn't have dozed off on the back of the mare. The horse had done the best that she could given the circumstances and had brought her in contact with some attention ears.

Prim followed the dark furred canine willingly, picking up on the situation. Snapdragon, coming more and more to her senses, she could see that Micah was openly nervous. She had not noticed it before and despite her exhaustion and down trodden feeling, she held a sense of empathy towards his fear, though she didn't know what exactly it was directed toward.

Her large ears refocused on him when he asked another question, one that had been plaguing her for much of the day, well, it was one that she had mostly created for herself. She had thought she had just awoken on the wrong side of her bed, still exhausted despite a many full nights of sleep. Though, she had been plagued with dreams that brought back ill memories of her late mate and her brother who roamed in places that she didn't know anymore.

"I'm not sure," she mused, glanced down at the horses whithers. Her belly did not rumble nor was her tongue dry and parched, she considered that she was truly blessed compared to many loners that wandered with hungry bellies and no luck to their name. "I must not have slept so easy last night, my dreams were unsettling even for a wily coyote like myself." She made a weak jab at humor but shrugged.

Snapdragon

Owl
Luperci Chaos Star
lady of mischief

POSTED: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:18 am

Again Micah had asked her condition only to be denied it, whether Snapdragon did so consciously or not. Clearly she was not in her right mind, swayed by downtrodden thoughts, ill or simply tired, and perhaps after some food and rest she would be more apt to speak of her problems if it was desired. If it was not, then he had provided for her all she needed and would send her on her way safe and, if possible, in better spirits.

But as for learning her problems, Micah had given up. If she wished to speak of them now, she would bring them up herself; it would be rude of him to ask again.

Hands in the pockets of his sweatshirt, the Lykoi led her towards Cercatori d'Arte at a pleasant gait, hoping perhaps the movement and air would be some benefit to her demeanor. She spoke of bad dreams but went into no detail. "Maybe you can blame it on your bloodline," he said in jest, making a point to laugh thereafter. "I think we have some strange things bred into us."

After all, he himself was regularly visited by a ghost—or was absolutely insane. One or the other.

"It's quiet in Thornbury," he continued, patient, committing to no conversation unless she showed some manner of interest. "You'll get a better night's sleep tonight, especially since my daughter has moved out."

Daughter? Momentarily his fur stood, then settled. What was reason for that slip? He had always been Mistral's guardian, not father. She had called him papa, but had set to Cour des Miracles with intention to learn who the parent in question really was. Micah stifled the subsequent sigh.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:00 am

300+

Snapdragon found company was a soothing feeling for her now that they rode together. Perhaps she had been languishing in the past or been relinquished of any form of canine contact for such a long time. She began to breathe easier and relax a bit, even though she rode with a veritable stranger into new and unfamiliar territory. Snap didn't feel ill about it though and Prim trotted along happily with the dark hued male. They were family after all, it was something she wasn't she could trust, but it did give her something to cling onto when she was unsure about it.

A small smile graced her lips, they were a rather odd family. "There are too many Lykois to truly know what's wrong with all of us. No ones free from the reaches of Lykoi." There were so many that she was nearly positive that she was related in some sense to nearly all the members of Inferni. It was only a few that came from far away that could claim having no relation to her.

It wasn't like she had actually been nurtured by her family. Her mother had been glad to be rid of her and her father she had never even seen beyond the uttered word of her mother. That had been a long time ago and Snapdragon hardly thought of the neglectful pair. She had matured beyond that.

"This is very kind of you," She stated, feeling like she had thanked him many times. But her relief for company and a comfortable place to stay was palpable. "Well, then I hope I can partially fill the absence, if just for one night. I've had a very long winter." She paused for a moment, deciding whether or not she would remain vague. "For, right before winter began, my brother, rather my close companion of many years, deserted me here with hardly a friend to call my own." A slight grimace replaced the smile. She remained unhappy about the interaction they had shared.

Snapdragon

Owl
Luperci Chaos Star
lady of mischief

POSTED: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:38 pm

He wondered if she knew how her words rang true, if only for one on the outside of the family like he. His sisters, peaceful and musical and loving, had belonged to Lykoi. They had been the beloved of Inferni and welcomed into its embrace with open arms. His father had been Lykoi—peaceful and musical and loving was he, too, and a trickster devil beneath it all. A Lykoi was Razekiel, true to his name as any other, as corrupted and wicked as his kin beneath a benevolent surface. Ocean Flower had laughed, once, repeating with humored skepticism the term Razekiel had been blessed at birth: The Prince of Deceit.

How ironic, she had said. How fortunate that you did not turn out as planned!

Micah grunted, hid his frown, and ran fingers anxiously through his white-streaked curls. He was free from the reaches of Lykoi. He was determined to be different. To be good.

"Don't worry about it," he replied to her thanks, shrugging. Since Mimi's liberation and Lowry's death, it was not often he felt one with justice, as if his conscience were not flawed in whole and his reputation for disaster pushed to the backburner. Snapdragon explained herself, and when Micah hung onto the resentful ring in the undertones, he glanced back to find relief no longer on her face.

He thought of his sisters, at the time of their departure seen as deserting their Juniper Peace family. Now years in the past, Micah recognized the migration as an attribute, something ceaseless both in himself and in his sisters of the walking pack of treehuggers.

"Could something have happened to him?" Micah asked. "I mean, maybe he had good reason. I assume—umm, since you're still a member there—that your clan has kept you safe. Maybe he knew it would."

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

Dead Topics