The birds all left, my tall friend

Everly [PLOT]

POSTED: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Illiam sends Kalju to AniWaya to scout the borders. Scouts or border patrolers intercept him.

((359)) Dated to April 7th. Plot thread #1 yayay~

She couldn’t remember the last time she’d gone on a border patrol; she could barely even comprehend what had prompted her to do so. It was the spring fever, it had to be. Despite an unforeseen and tumultuous turn of events, and the weight of her own guilt always over her like a wilted flower, Océane refused to let anyone or anything put a damper on her mood. It was spring, a time for birds and for warmth and for bounding prey. It was a time to celebrate the crystalline clear waters, and the rush of warm wind spreading over the forest, and the way that her fires leaped and danced for the sky seemingly for her own entertainment. Of course, she was not as joy-filled as she could have been, because old wounds and family drama had resurfaced in forms of beings she would rather not mention at this very moment, because she was busy focusing on being happy. She’d always been a little bit immature for her age, but it just made her feel younger.

She had a sway in her hips and just a kiss of a bounce in her step as she moved alongside Everly, making sure to brush her milk chocolate figure along any bush or tree that marked the edge of AniWayan territory. Her Lupus figure seemed just a little bit more slender; already her thick winter coat was beginning to thin and show that she actually had real curves beneath all of her thick fur. She could feel a slight chill from the cool wind as she moved along, but it was only reason to move faster, muscle movement producing heat to keep her warm. She hoped she wasn’t tiring Everly, as she’d forced the pair to move in a particularly fast pace. But slowing down, at the moment, seemed almost as foreign as Japanese to her. “What did you do before AniWaya?” Océane questioned the woman, simply for the sake of conversation, as she pressed her physique up against a thick trunk, barely noticing the bark pieces that stuck in her fur afterward as she continued to prance forward.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:32 am

It was rare for Everly to go out on patrol with anyone but Knight. Even so, there was a light spring in the shaded woman's step as she and Oceane picked their way through the flowers which poked out of AniWayan soil. The Skyfall woman had been more than eager to get away from her daughter's baleful stares. The two hadn't been bickering as such – they hadn't really been speaking much at all. And it had been weeks. At this point, Everly was unsure where they stood with eachother. As usual, she ran from her own uncertainty.

Spring had sprung despite the addition of a nearly-grown daughter to Everly's life, and she couldn't help but rest her eyes appreciatively on the colours which had popped up amongst the browns and greens. Her body, however, was constantly moving in an effort to keep pace with her brown-furred companion. Even as she answered Oceane's question Everly displayed little of the true guilt she felt over enjoying the Springtime: “I lived with my family – my parents and my brother. Wanted to fight for 'em but got stuck as a healer.” Everly blinked in the face of a strong beam of light cast between two tree trunks, marching between the two and making sure to leave a scent marking.

Her head whipped back round to Oceane, a grin tugging at her lips. “After that I wandered, tried to escape my past and all that fun, impossible stuff.” Everly rose from four paws to two, leaving a satisfying score mark down a strip of bark. “What about you?”

POSTED: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:06 pm

((342))

Even then, there was something that hindered her joy-filled bounds. She didn’t jump quite as high as she could have, she didn’t precisely smile, as she more of just possessed a slight curve of her muzzle. Her body and bones was what caused her to prance as so, she just tried to force her restless mind to fall in tune with her hopeful tendencies. Yet, she couldn’t. Probably the longest she had gone without thinking dark things was, well, now- they’d been at it for a while, and she hadn’t once allowed herself to slip into the walk of somebody that was broken or beaten; she’d had her head up for about an hour now, and she wanted to keep the streak going.

As she brushed her muzzle along the sweet-smelling buds of the tree above her, she flicked her ears to respond. “You wandered as well, it seems. I was born and raised in AniWaya. I left for several years for adventure, I saw so many thin-“ her sentence was cut short by the pricking of dodged ears and the sharpening of sea foam eyes. Océane tipped her head to gaze into the forest, abruptly stopping her quick walk to act upon the odd scents she had just been graced with. It wasn’t too long until a figure materialized from the gloom, clearly the stranger had been waiting for such an opportunity. The Aston quickly assessed him, raising her muzzle dominantly though not aggressively as he moved to stop near the borders. The faint scent of wandering and alcohol was identified to the nameless hybrid. Océane was quick to speak.

“You are at the borders of AniWaya. Can we help you?” She questioned the minor, and the amber-eyed male met her gaze levelly and clearly, sending the message he had no intentions to show submission. “Yes. Tell me more about this... AniWaya.” He demanded, not angrily- but firmly. Océane glanced to Everly beside her, looking for the woman’s appraisal of the situation and the rather pushy loner.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

Dead Topics