Making the rounds

-Elsie-

POSTED: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:05 pm

He had been wanting to check on Esther lately, he just hadn't found the time. Today he found himself with a few free moments, so he took it upon himself to cross Thornbury to find the elder's house. Not only did he want to check on Esther, but he'd seen someone with her, he wanted to introduce himself and let her know that he was a healer, not the only healer, but a healer and easy to find. He wasn't sure what path she took within the pack, but it was possible that they could work together.

Truth be told, he was tired of feeling cloistered, always waiting on Honrin to visit, or waiting for something exciting to happen. Sure, he took daily walks along the borders, but it wasn't enough. He was tired of feeling like a loner inside the pack he lived in. He approached the house, watching several cats scatter as he walked up to the door. He took in a breath as he approached, mentally sorting the scents. Cats, lots of cats mostly, but cloth and Esther too. And the other woman who's name he was certain he'd heard at least once or twice, but couldn't remember. His knuckles brushed the door lightly, and he waited for a response of some kind.

((WC 216))

Vannah
Luperci Evil never dies.
Secretly Inspired
WAFFLES

POSTED: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 pm

OOC: would it be okay if this was dated for the 13th? Elsie was away from the pack on the 11th. :D

IC:
Sitting in a rocking chair, Elsie was busily knitting. Her recent trading trip had gone pretty well, and she was especially excited to have seen Lola again and was glad that she had not happened to visit her pack while she was away someplace else. That would have been highly disappointing. Elsie’s little tortoise shell kitten, Penny, sat in front of her, watching the clicking needles with interest. Her ears twitched and she lifted a paw as if about to swat them despite being on the floor, then put it down again.

“You can reach from there,” Elsie teased her goodnaturedly and the kitten mewed at her in response. With Crowley as a father, Elsie guessed the kitten would learn high speech as well as feeling low speech since he was fluent. She hoped she would, at least, since Elsie would very much have liked to be able to talk to her. As if deciding that the knitting needles were, in fact, out of her reach, Penny turned instead to the basket of yarn. Her little butt wiggled and she pounced.

“Penny!” Elsie laughed, reaching down to shoo the kitten out before she got too tangled up in the yarn and made a mess of everything. She plucked the yarn off of her and then scooped Penny up to put her in her lap. Of course, being a kitten, Penny did not yet appreciate laps and pets, and wriggled around, making Elsie giggle at her again. Then there was a knock on the door and they both looked up towards it, along with several of the other cats that were inside.

“I wonder who that could be,” Elsie said, setting her still wiggling kitten on the floor before putting her needles back in the basket to get up. She flounced over to the door since she was wearing a blue dress today, which had ruffles at the bottom and opened it up to reveal a white canine.

“Hi there!” Elsie smiled at him. “Myrddin, right?” She said, hoping that she was right. “My great-aunt is out for a walk right now, but I’m guessing she’ll be back soon if you wanted to come in and wait?” She stepped aside and several curious cats took a few steps closer to inspect their guest.
Elsie Hennamin

Myst
Luperci Mate to Ares IT'S CARRRL
Just can't fight the spaz in me
spunky seamstress!

POSTED: Sat May 24, 2014 8:31 pm

((Sure, that would be fine! :) WC: 324))
Elsie. He remembered her name now, they had been introduced briefly at the bonfire he'd held for the spring celebration. He frowned to himself. Names used to come easy, now he had to work at it. He needed to get out more, that would honestly solve the issue, he was certain. His ears twitched as he heard footsteps approaching the door, and he arranged his face into a warm smile. The female who opened the door was smaller than him by a good foot. For a moment, he felt freakishly tall, even though he knew that was silly. "Hello, Elsie," he returned her greeting. His eyes darted inside to see several cats, including some who looked a lot like Sheba. He wondered for a moment if the calico had stayed at Taliesin's house, or if she had found a new home elsewhere.

Mismatched eyes returned to the woman. "Actually I was here for more than to check on Esther. I also wanted to visit with you." He followed her into the house, choosing a chair free of felines to sit down in. "We didn't get to know each other very well at the bonfire. I just wanted to find out more about you, what you do, if there's anything I could help you with." His tail wagged as a cat jumped into his lap, butting it's head against his hand for attention. He smiled down at it, scratching it's chin gently. He always had a soft spot for cats. Heck, he had an adopted brother who was a bob cat. He hadn't seen his adopted brother in months. Maybe he'd take a trip to Vinatta to see his mother Sky, and Fellow.

He kept absently petting the cat as he returned his dual tone eyes to the woman. "I'm a healer and a trader. I make candles and soaps, some different kinds of paper. And salt. I make salt too."

Vannah
Luperci Evil never dies.
Secretly Inspired
WAFFLES

POSTED: Fri May 30, 2014 7:18 pm

OOC: there's still room in the Freetown trading trip threads if he'd like to go! :D technically they're back now, but the threads are still active.

IC:
After Myrddin stepped inside, Elsie closed the door. The cat flap was unlocked, so the cats could still go in and out if they wanted, but right now, they were too interested in their guest. Elsie guessed that meant that Myrddin probably did not come by all that often - which was perfectly fine, she knew everyone was busy. It was simply amusing to see the cats so interested in him.

"Oh, okay!" Elsie took a seat as well, nodding to Myrddin's words. It would be nice to get to know him better. She wanted to be friendly with everyone in the pack. The younger Hennamin remembered the announcement of Myrddin being the medic, and that his father left, but that was all she really knew about him. Esther had talked a little about him, but more about other pack members, like Thomas.

Elsie's ears perked when he mentioned trading, and she was glad to hear that the things they created didn't overlap. She didn't wish to step on toes while doing what she loved, and she also liked traveling with others. Elsie saw no reason they couldn’t collaborate on the skills they had in common; she thought it might be fun.

"I like trading, too," Elsie grinned. "My skills are a lot like my aunt's, although she's better at knitting and crocheting, and I also like making things from leather: armor, bags, stuff like that. I don’t think she does that, or at least not anymore." Maybe when she was younger, Esther also created things from leather, but now Elsie knew it was probably too hard for her to push a needle through it. One of the kittens decided to pounce on her toes and Elsie reached down to pick him up and put him in her lap. He then proceeded to try to swat her hair instead. "I've been planning a few trading trips. Where do you usually go? We could go together sometime."
Elsie Hennamin

Myst
spunky seamstress!

POSTED: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:42 pm

The healer's ears perked forward as she mentioned she made things. He was in need of a new bag, perhaps they could work something out. She asked where he usually traveled, and his face warmed. "Well, I haven't traded in a while. But I've got family in Vinatta, my mother, brother, and an adopted Aunt. And my uncle Jazper's pack, I trade with them. And my sister Lena is in Cour des Miracles. And My Aunt Gemma in Aniwaya. I mostly trade with their packs, and sometimes at the outpost. I got Mocha, my mare at the outpost. I want to visit some of the other packs, I just never seem to make it. I'm always afraid if I go something bad will happen here and I won't be here to help."

His face warmed under his fur, he hadn't meant to blurt that out. He lifted a hand, running his fingers through his short messy mane, feeling embarrassed. He'd never told anyone that bizarre, irrational fear of his, not even Tameri when she had been at his side. He missed his ghostly little sister, but she had vanished from his life at the same time that Taliesin had walked out on him and Sophia. He decided to change the subject, hopefully before she could ask about his irrational fear.

"So what would I have to do to convince you to make a bag for me, Elsie? I could make you some candles, or maybe some soap? Not that you smell or anything but soap is good to have when traveling on foot, it covers the scent of D'Arte. My father often used it on the occasions he left the pack." Of course, Taliesin had been a spy in the brotherhood, but Myr wasn't supposed to know that.

((WC: 300))

Vannah
Luperci Evil never dies.
Secretly Inspired
WAFFLES

POSTED: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Having connections to other packs was always a good thing. Having seen both Faolan and Mistral in Cour des Miracles made Elsie more than willing to travel back there. Seeing them again would be nice, and she also hoped that it would allow her to make more trade connections. Elsie nodded, and then her eyes softened at his admission. He was the only pack healer, as far as she knew, and what he said made sense. If that was her responsibility, Elsie was sure she would be worried about the same thing.

She was about to tell him that it made sense, but he changed the subject and she figured that she was better off leaving it alone since it seemed like he didn’t want to talk about that. Perhaps another time, she could ask more about his family to see if knowing of them could help with her trades as well.

“Sure!” Elsie nodded. “That definitely makes sense.” She had not really been making a habit of covering her own scent, but her family also had not really made any enemies. It seemed like Cercatori d’Arte had, and so maybe not smelling like them while she was out would be a good idea. Elsie guessed she wouldn’t always be going through completely friendly places, especially if she was going to start traveling to the more northern packs.

“Maybe a little of both?” She suggested. Candles would certainly be useful as well, since she and Esther sometimes stayed up late knitting. “What were you looking to have your bag made out of? I can do leather or cloth, or even stitch them together and make something more unique.” She wasn’t sure if he was the sort that just wanted a utilitarian bag, or one with a little bit of extra style to it.
Elsie Hennamin

Myst
spunky seamstress!

POSTED: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:44 pm

She agreed and asked him some questions. He paused for a moment, thinking. "Umm. I'm not sure. I need something sturdy, but if it looks really good or unique that's a bonus, as I'm sure there will be situations where I will want to stand out. I'll leave it up to you, I think." He paused, then asked curiously, "Do you tan your own leather, or do you trade for it? I found a bunch of hides at Taliesin's house that I have little use for, they're clutter on my shelves."

He knew there was rabbit and deer, plus what looked like cow or horse, both with the hide on and off. There were two pieces of leather he kept put aside that looked and smelled suspiciously like wolf, he didn't want to give those to her as he was unsure who would have skinned and tanned a wolf, or why. He didn't know, nor would it have mattered to him, that they were different skins Liam had cured. The rest he would happily give away, glad to de-clutter his small house.

Once again the male debated on the merits of moving back into Taliesin's house. And again he decided the pain of that house and it's memories would be too much for him. He pushed the idea to the back of his mind as he petted the cat that nudged his hand, not looking at which one it was.

((WC 242))

Vannah
Luperci Evil never dies.
Secretly Inspired
WAFFLES

POSTED: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:42 pm

“Sounds good!” Elsie grinned. She didn’t often make things for herself because it was difficult to be creative for it for some reason. Making things for other canines, though, was what she loved doing, and getting something in return was even better. Ideas were already forming in her head, as Elsie thought about the colors of fabric she had and how they could go with different shades of leather. Her fingers twitched with her eagerness to get to work, and the coywolf nearly missed the rest of what Myrddin was saying.

“Since I left my family, I’ve had to trade for it. I’ve wanted to learn to tan leather, but I just haven’t had the time.” It was a skill that would really make sense for her to learn, but she spent more time learning new stitches or making clothes to trade, and then there was all the time she generally spent traveling. Elsie wasn’t sure she would have the time to put into learning another trade. “One of my family members made it before. He’d give my mother or me the leather to make things out of.” It had been a great system, and one that Elsie certainly missed now that she had to work harder to get decent quality leather.
Elsie Hennamin

Myst
spunky seamstress!

Dead Topics