a perfect cacophony

POSTED: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 am

A tumultuous and turning storm of feelings was Farina, and for every problem solved came another as if attached to the tail. Florina had returned at long last, only to forcibly seize Sannindi from their mother and upset a majority of the pack. Farina trained in Casa di Cavalieri to sharpen her skills as a newer Araedi and better assist in the hunt for Solieri, yet returned to a stressed Uncle Saul who chose to leave Vinatta in his own private search. Lastly the wolfdog had earned herself a few minor roles in Vinatta, but hardly knew where to begin as a Diplomat and struggled still with training Niruin to be her partner and friend over pet and tool.

But Farina had discussed none of it. Bundling her problems and hugging them close like an infant to her chest, the vin Haki confided in no one whether by choice or by misfortune. Though surrounded by family and childhood friends she had always walked her path alone. She did not need help before, and she did not need help now. Through her own hard work the woman had climbed to Araedi and made herself known capable of two granted, lesser roles. She would manage just fine.

When Carya had asked for her help that morning with her horse, Farina hesitated. The Aston liked to pose more pressing and personal questions than most Vinattans asked of the stone wall Araedi. Farina knew she found a confidence in Carya she hesitated with her own sisters or Andira. The two Vinattans—she, black and burly and Carya, white and benevolent—contrasted like night and day, and yet found within one another a rare attraction. The airy Carya must have thought the Araedi valuable for her blunt honesty and solid, straightforward views, while Farina appreciated the softer side of the Aston that viewed her friend as more than a wall and dumb muscle.

Whether resistant to speaking her troubles or not, Farina went. Knowing nothing of horses herself, the Vinattan stables were as foreign as neighboring packlands. The structure built to house horses, the Araedi could stand up straight and stretch with considerable space and freedom, sauntering towards the soft coos of the Aston girl further along the corridor.

"I'm here," said Farina, night eyes glancing the burns on the poor stallion's face and scars on his back. "Damn, what happened to him? What do you want me to do?"

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Every time, every single time that Carya felt like Vinatta was going to become something better, another turn of events always changed Carrie's mind about what could happen. Saul was like her Uncle, he taught her how to ride, and as a puppy he even let her ride his horse. While the memories were vague and most of the time a blur in the Aston's mind, it would seem as though Carrie was yet again, alone.

Being alone, and feeling alone were two different things, though, because Carrie would never be alone. At least as family went, and she had a really good friend she could count on. In fact, Carya had asked Farina to help with her new stallion she brought in just days prior to the meeting where Florina had announced Saul's departure and the fact that she would be the soul leader. An itching feeling in her gut caused her depression to worsen, but while she did not want to eat, she had to for the sake of her mothers' to not worry. Finding a solace in the burly Araedi, Carrie's ears flickered upon her head as she awoke early to care for the stallion. It took a while for her to take the beast down long enough for her to put him in some shackles and tie his head down so she might work with him. He seemed to understand a little about what was going on, and when he threw his head back in attempts to fend off the strange white and cream Lupreci, Carrie hushed him and cooed to him as she finally got him to calm down a bit, again. It was for safety for himself and for her, she told him.

Turning her ears backwards on her skull, she almost forgot that Farina was coming today, but at her scent she smiled to herself standing beside the pretty chestnut and white stallion, his Fresian blood line making him much larger than Carya, but not quite as tall as some other Lupreci the Aston had seen. Farina's voice touched her ears, and Carya gave the female a small smile, her eyes falling to the stallion who was bucking again, and she sighed placing a gentle padded hand on his head right behind his ears, looking into his eyes. whoa there, big guy. She cooed out to him, her voice soft as she addressed the Haki child. Can you grab the brush that's been soaked in alcohol? It's the second bucket. She said quietly, pointing to the second bucket and lying her hand on the new Stallion's forehead again addressing his burn the most, as it seemed to be a little more fresh than his already scarred marks on his hind end. I am not sure what happened to him, but I am quite glad I got him out of there safely. The man in the Outpost had many more horses, some a lot worse than this guy. She said as she stood, voice in hushed tones, as to not frighten the stallion even more.

Turning to her friend, she assessed her before going to her side, addressing the Stallion with her sky eyes. I am glad to see you. the truth, as Carya let out a cool sigh, and ran a long fingered hand through her mane. We should start by rubbing it on his face, and then maybe give him some proper hay and water. I took care of his hooves with the help from Joon earlier, maybe we can give him a bath too...? Carrie asked, her ears flickering on her skull. She was always so optimistic, Carya was, and she couldn't have been more happy for the presence of Farina, it seemed to bring her a little bit of solace and made her feel like Farina would actually, always, be there for her. She could trust this black and tan female, more than she could trust Lochlan, it would seem, and the bitterness of her thoughts burned her throat, a bit as she swallowed. Farina could probably tell by Carrie's somewhat weightless stature that she wasn't eating properly, but it would be up to the Haki to address the situation, because Carrie sure as well wasn't going to speak about it, not now at least.
Carya is always in Optime, unless otherwise stated

Carya is usually accompanied by her horses unless otherwise stated

POSTED: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 pm

As directed, Farina browsed a small number of buckets to find the requested brush and handed it gingerly to the Coeur, careful to keep a distance from the stallion. He had reared upon her arrival—unsurprising, considering her size on top of the obvious abuse he had endured—and the vin Haki hardly needed Carya wounded in her efforts to clean up the ailing steed.

She watched the Coeur at work with sympathy, her head shaking at mention of the Outpost. "I saw that guy last I was there. I thought his horses looked pretty bad, but I don't know that much about them." A moment's hesitation. "I've never even considered caring for one, but if he's not taking care of them... What did he want for trade?"

"Glad to see you too," Farina continued, her smile genuine though small in the wake of disappointing news, not to mention a better glance over the Coeur's increasingly scant frame. She nodded along with Carya's proposed instructions as if the vin Haki might have had a sliver of experience on the matter but in truth fought distraction of inquiries why her friend had thinned so. She had been so positive about her experience growing since the man named Judas attacked her. What more could have happened to bother her?

"You worry about his face, he doesn't seem to mind you. Is there a place I should get the hay and water?" Straying from the stall, Farina glanced the corridors. "I'll bring enough back for a good washing. I don't suppose there is something I could bring you while I'm at it, yeah? ...Something to eat, maybe?"

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Farina was bluky, bold, everything that Carya could wish for in a friend, and whenever her friend began to speak the Aston-Couer female smiled and continued to hush the stallion as he was bashfully trying not to cause himself any more stress. Placing a hand upon his neck, she brushed her fingers through his thick mane, and at the speech from Farina about the guy at the Outpost, Carya has to resist growling for the thought of scaring the Stallion. Yes, I want to eventually take them all from him... She trailed off then, her eyes turning back to the stallion.

He was a very harsh bargainer, but I got out of it with giving him furs, books, three bottles of whiskey, and a homemade bridle. And a few other things. She sighed, and then pulled her hand towards Farina to gesture all around. It's like, as if he didn't even care about the horse, just the trades and the whiskey I gave him. She sighed again, and lowered her head to begin brushing his face whenever Farina offered her the brush, she gently went in three circle strokes around his nose, and then up the long muzzle he had, and on the left side of all, and then gently up towards the corner of his eye. A small neigh escaped him, and Carrie shushed him again with a gentle voice.

Uh, the tack house. She started, and gave Farina a grin. She really wasn't someone to deal with horses, was she? The Aston-Couer pup thought to herself before Farina's next question had her quiet. Did she want anything to eat? She started to speak, then closed her mouth, and figured she might as well try and eat something. She hadn't eaten in a few days. Yeah, sure. If you want you can get me something. I don't care what it is, I ain't picky. Carya grinned at the Haki child, and licked her lips as she continued working with the Stallion, the brush circles becoming almost automatic.

POSTED: Wed May 07, 2014 8:20 am

Everything about her presence seemed to rouse the stallion in a fashion all too familiar; Colibri shrunk under pressure of her daughter's presence no different. Farina wearied quickly of it all. A steed formerly abused had every excuse to shy away from one so large and intimidating, but her mother? It was Florina, much smaller Florina, that had ever hurt her. What was there to fear of her middle child?

She tried not to dwell on such thoughts for she felt her mood rapidly souring as result. "Let me come with you when you go back," she said, unconsciously flexing the fingers she would wrap around the fool's throat. "I'd be glad to feed him some whiskey myself."

That left to hang in the air, she parted for the tack house as requested, returning with a bale of hay weighed effortlessly on one shoulder and a bucket of water suspended from gold-tipped fingers. Setting them down where instructed, the Araedi would vanish through the doors again for some time, reappearing only in four-legged middle form with no hunt between her fangs. Farina took the time to shift outside the stall and beyond the timid stallion's vision.

"There's nothing nearby. When we're done here, maybe we can take a better look around together for something to eat." Farina rolled her shoulders as she returned to the stall, glancing over progress with a satisfied nod. She drew closer to the Coeur, clearly awaiting her next command, but spoke instead, "Anyone could tell you've lost weight, you know."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Sat May 31, 2014 5:35 am

Carya found Farinas statement about gladly feeding him some whiskey and chuckled a bit, before finshing the head of the stallion and returning a gaze to Farinas face. She was like a bulkier Lochlan, she figured and studied her for a few moments before turning back to the stallion. okay sure. she said to the female about after they were done going and finding food. However the next comment caught Carya off guard a bit, though it really shouldn't have.

Releasing the stallions face and restraints she put on him she motioned for the Haki to move out of the way and led him through the path, and back towards her house, figuring Farina would follow, gently kissed towards the horse and said; i suppose it is a little noticeable, huh? then continued walking onwards, expecting Farina to reply with her boldness.

Upon reaching Caryas house, she opened the pen and released him to the other horses, pausing to watch them for a moment. so, she turned to her friend, a small smile on her face as she gazed at her with blue eyes. where shall we go for food? the mention of food to herself made her stomach growl.

POSTED: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:18 am

"It's noticeable," Farina reiterated, catching Carya's eyes only briefly before the Aston brushed past, aloof to her concerns. Black skin along her snout twitched with a glimpse of frustration, put to rest with forced patience thereafter. Farina did not know how to interpret the behavior; it as as if Carya was well aware of a problem but did not care to remedy it or soothe the qualms of her friends. It was... unlike her.

Then again, the Aston voiced reception to finding food outside the stables. The ears of Farina flipped, back and forward once more, and in her mind she fought through a cloud of aggravation. Despite attempts to coax them, frustration surfaced. "Carya," she snapped, sharp but restrained in volume, "what the hell is going on with you? For fuck's sake, stop with this charade you're always pulling, like you're not bothered by anything. I don't buy it, okay? I never do, so just stop."

Talk of a meal could wait, as much as Carya needed one. For now, the vin Haki stared down her friend not with intimidation but demand therein. "Talk to me," she pleaded of her friend, veiled by impatience.

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

Dead Topics