Ain't got no Time for Things Like Love

POSTED: Thu May 08, 2014 5:55 am

ooc/Setting: Farina's dug out North of Jordheim./ Date/ 5-18-2014/ Word Count → 631

There was a lot to be said about those that had come before him. Between the things he found in Amherst and the things that found nearest Vinatta in the woods and houses unclaimed and not yet tampered with, at least until he had arrived, he had enough to trade for a new life, a new adventure somewhere other than Vinatta. When he stopped to think about it, things were harder for him here than they had ever been. He missed the old days when the only thing he really had to worry about was living on his own, building a life around his den that had caved in only a few short weeks after Aspen and himself had started seeing one another. Things had gone smoothly up to that point and then after he'd been injured, he'd run off and vanished like he'd never been there at all. How could he blame someone for moving on like that when he, himself, had simply vanished from the face of the earth? He couldn't. And that's why he'd chosen today to search for the only other person in the pack, other than his mother and the rest of his family there, who he felt deserved the knowledge of his foreboding departure.

The journey to Jordheim from the far side of Amherst toward where he had heard Farina now lived was easily done in a few hours of walking in regular optime form. With his bear fur cloak wrapped meagerly about his body, he didn't see any need in trying to hide the weapons that he now carried on his person, the two knives that had been given to him when he'd first come to Vinatta and the regular angled bone knife he'd recently carved from the bones of a wayward caribou that he'd come in contact with in the woods. The sun was bright in the sky, teetering on the edge of dusk yet not yet toppling on through or passed it. A soft breeze carried through the air, though, enough to keep him on his feet long enough to reach the dug out type den that his friend now called home and as he approached the air tight scent of her natural musk, he knew that he was close.

With one chocolate colored hand grasping at a branch to push it to the side, the other pushing back the spider web of a long gone arachnid, he wasted no time, no time at all, in slipping into the clearing and wooded area where she resided, letting out a rough bark to let her know that he was here and that he wanted to speak.

The easy flowing words that described the place were lost upon him as he observed the stark presence of the build of the den she'd chosen. It was almost like his old one, though a lot more sturdier. He pauses outside of the den as if to not protrude upon Farina's domain and lowers himself to a knee, fingers moving out silently to grab at a handful of dirt that he rubs between his palms, into the soft grain of fur that stands at the top of his paws and between the webbing of his clawed digits, glancing about with those mismatched eyes of his, still ever silent in waiting and listening for either the arrival of the young female or the answer to his bark that had come unannounced and by surprise. Today, Tobias was not with him but at his house packing. There was a lot to do before he left and the small inkling of realization of where he was going was enough for him to feel somewhat nervous. He reached up a hand, lightly pushing away a few strands of his chestnut mane.

Luperci SoSuWriMo 2013 Champ!
Milite de Faleo

POSTED: Tue May 13, 2014 2:53 pm

She had spent the morning training with Niruin, difficult cause as it was, and believed herself to have made progress. If nothing else Farina had earned the peregrine hawk's respect, for while the bird did not attend to her every call and request in their augmenting growth as partners, neither did Niruin leave her side and abandon her to the wilderness as he had done in the beginning. Taro had boasted a tame, subservient falcon with gratitude to caging and tethering, a thought that had nearly turned the contents of her gut inside-out. How could she, a child of independence and a creature with need for space, bind to the ground an animal designed for the skies?

Farina tossed water from the stream over her person before returning to the dugout, unsurprised to find Florina still absent. Her sister did not sleep much despite the request to share housing, and neither did the pair speak at depth on any given occasion. At the bark in her ears Farina tensed, reflex insisting it was Florina that approach but logic recognizing the long-since heard sound of Cody. He had been gone a while, hadn't he?

"Cody! Haven't seen you in a while." The vin Haki grinned as the Vald stepped from the brush, glad to see the man in working condition agai. The last they spoke at length, he had been bedridden. Smile faded, replaced with concern. He seemed... off. "Something wrong?"

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Sun May 18, 2014 3:27 am

Ooc: Sorry for the rambling WC → [526]

Perhaps it was seeing Farina, or smelling the hawk upon her that brought Cody's lips into a firm grin and rose his spirits from where they had been only moments before. He did not recall a time when seeing Farina did not make him feel a little about things and the world in general. She was a temperate individual who shared a lot of the same aspects of personality that he did himself. The once suspicious wolf-dog seemed more courteous to her than he did with most others, even those related to him. After his quick call and his form stepping free of the brush surrounding Farina's dugout, he was quick to notice the scent of another close by, though it was only a trace scent which meant that they were not actually here. He could tell by the variety in the scent that it was someone he knew but he couldn't really place who until Farina happened to tell him and he knew that would be one of the first questions he asked. Glancing her over, he knew right away that she had picked up on the situation at hand, at least the remnant feelings that were brushing upon his form and the frown he'd carried when he'd first approached.

Hey there, Farina, he started with, moving closer, untangling his cloak from the brush he'd just stepped through. He did his best to hide any ill feelings with the slight lift of his lips, though it was definitely genuine to begin with due to the acquaintanceship the two shared with one another. There someone else here? Her question, at least for a moment, seemed to go unanswered as he let his hands fall to his side and quietly looked over her den. It'll be alright. I wanted to come and see how you were faring with the peregrine I gave you, and to give you some news. This your place? He asked inconspicuously, moving forward a few feet to peer it over while also changing the subject for a brief moment. It seems like a nice place. How long have you been here?

The primary reason for his visit was lost, at least for the while it took for him to ask those questions and peer about. He missed Gwnyth and more than that, he missed having a companion that he alone could care for. There were loads of creatures out there but Cody had taken to the birds like he'd taken to clay or even bone and wood. He was formidable at all his tasks and while it made it easier for him to get on with anything outside of this pack, he wasn't completely sure that it mattered when it came to simple friendships. Farina and himself, considering things, had never really offered one another the relationship that was involved with a friendship. Now that he was considering leaving, though, she was one of the only individuals he really felt he should tell. Other than Drin and maybe Florina, but that was about it. Teagan might have been a good choice as well, though. It just depended on what the girl was doing.

Milite de Faleo

POSTED: Sat May 24, 2014 2:55 pm

He seemed to brighten at the sight of her, earning a tilt of her head and further furrow of her brow. But she could have sworn thereafter his positivity seemed forced, even as he untangled his cloak and glanced about asking questions. "Just me," she replied, shrugging, brushing damp bronze bangs from her eyes. "Florina's always busy and never sleeps." Big surprise. Downtime did not seem like something her sister valued, at least not publicly. Always something to commit to. Always something to grumble and argue about.

"Niruin's doing better," she said, glancing the peregrine as he dipped into the lower branches and flared his breast. "Taro thought I should cage or rope him, but I can't. It's making things harder, but he's sticking nearby and starting to work with me on commands. I just need to learn how to communicate with him." Smiling, she turned back and swelled with pride. "They've named me a Falconer, too."

"Last fall," she replied to his final question, browsing the small site to tidy strewn or fallen belongings for company. She pulled at her hair in clumps to strain riverwater from the strands, then motioned to the log in the case that he wanted to sit. "I left Jordheim when Mom started spending all her time with Niernan. Fiora and I... don't really make good housemates." Her space shared with Florina only further proved the fact.

"I hope you're out of questions," Farina said, starting to sober as she folded hefty arms, "because I'm guessing what news you brought is not good news. Where's Gwynth? What's with the cloak? It's getting too warm out for that."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:00 am

Ooc: Sorry for the rambling WC → [648]

He had to hand it to the pup, though she was no pup any more. She was right onto him the whole way through his motions, the movement of his body and the feelings behind all of his decisions and actions. Twilight summer streaks shot through the trees around them, splashing Cody's cinnamon fur with a curious combination of near red like quality and the intricate patterns created by it streaking through the softness of his summer coat. Mismatched eyes fell upon the vin Haki girl for a moment longer as she waved away his brief questions with briefer answers, drawling a small nod of his head in return, liver toned nose twitching as he finally stopped relying upon his sense of smell to note if there was anyone else here. It was hard enough trying to tell one person that he was leaving but if more news of this decision got out, it could very well be against everything he's worked for. Florina's never really followed the social quot, though, so that doesn't really surprise me. Remember the first time we met? She wanted to smash my clay pottery even though she hadn't gotten these, he paused to push his hands into plain sight, yet.

He glanced into the direction of the bird he'd given her. He'd already been a decently sized Peregrine when he'd given him to Farina but it seemed he had come into his own, at least a little, with her. He couldn't help but grin with pride at the fruit of his decision. I had to tether Gwn when I first got her. But I only learned after I'd gotten her that she was newly caught when I got her. They had had her head covered when I found her but I knew I'd like the challenge of getting her to trust me. She wanted to run away every chance she got till she figured I wasn't going anywhere and neither was she. It hurt to talk about his falcon. She was gone now and there wasn't much he could do about that besides get nostalgic over what it had been like to have her around. And he was doing that too often these days, especially with his decision on the forefront. Congratulations, he exclaimed, I figured that wasn't a call too far away. You were a natural even when you were younger. The only advice I have for you now is to make sure you keep proper care of him. If you get the chance to breed him, go for it. Vinatta's bird store should grow.

He was saddened by the prospect that she wasn't getting along with her other sister, but then again it didn't surprise him much. All of Colibri's girls seemed to have something that set them off more differently from each of their other sisters. He'd only met Farina and Florina. Fiora hadn't even been in the occasion that had bonded Cody at least a little with them when he'd first come to Vinatta and gotten to know Gwnyth. He'd made strides to make sure that he got to know at least one new pack member a month and then after he'd killed that girl on the borders, he'd lost his way. Everyone knew it, or at least those who knew he had done it. Sure, he'd gone back and buried the body, but that was the only thing he could do. He couldn't even give the girl the general respect of a marked grave.

His whiskered snout twitched, though, as they reached the end of their questioning period and he glanced toward her den. Mind if we sit down? It might not be the easiest of things to let out while in the general of public eye. But you're right, it's not the best of news. It regards Gwn. And is partially the reason for the cloak.

Milite de Faleo

POSTED: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:24 am

It was easy to forget Florina's earlier behavior when it was no different than it at present. The mention of clay pottery sparked some vague memory, and Farina shrugged in reply with a that-sounds-like-her roll of the eyes. Cody exclaimed genuine congratulations for her earned secondary role as a Falconer, beaming with pride and offering further advice—advice that, in a way, sounded personally uncommitted enough to resemble words one says shortly before going away a long time. Farina frowned.

He warded her question once more with a request, and with drawn brows Farina directed him to the fallen logs outside her den where she settled herself. A motion to the den signaled there was not much room inside for more than sleeping, but she regarded him as she sat down with a voice far quieter than the norm. "What is it?" A beat. "Did something happen?"

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

Dead Topics