wide, open meadows

p: Aether | Riparian Moors

POSTED: Wed May 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Wraith's in her lupus form!

Of the many areas within Inferni, Wraith liked the Riparian Moors well enough. She had decided to bring Aether out there for some one-on-one time, away from her siblings. As much as Wraith loved all her children equally, three of them at once could be a bit intense. Luckily, Lucilla and Valkyrie were awesome and agreed to take care of Vendetta and Havoc while Wraith took Aether out of their usual haunts.

The puppies were five months old now and it felt weird seeing them so large and practically independent. In another month, they'd be fully grown and they would experience their first shift. Though, now that they were older, they were getting a lot better at listening and speaking, so it meant that they'd be ready for some more serious instruction. She wasn't sure what they'd want to do in Inferni when they got older, but she'd do what she could.

Wraith glanced over at Aether as they plodded toward the Riparian Moors. It was a gorgeous day, with the sun high in the sky and the wind taking no prisoners. Wraith liked it -- too much sun and not enough wind and she'd sweat her coat right off. No, today was a good day.

"So," she finally said, "ya figured out what ya wanna do for the rest of forever in Inferni?" she joked. It wasn’t really true though – Inferni’s ranks were pretty flexible and Wraith had taken on a few different ones, though she’d managed to stick to the same path. It wasn’t a requirement by any means, so whatever Aether was thinking, Wraith was certain she’d be smart enough to figure out if she really liked it or not.
Wraith Creed
I thought I felt a spark; thought I felt a flame
when something changed in you, who took the blame?

Tammi
Luperci Crown Contest Winner!

POSTED: Wed May 28, 2014 10:43 pm

314 words
Many times, Aether had been told that she was more like her mother than the rest of her siblings. she knew it was the truest compliment. Aether thought her mother was the second most wonderful creature on Earth. Next to herself, of course. She adored Wraith in the way little puppies adore their parents before they grow up enough to become bored and rebel. No one was as strong and dedicated and funny as her mother. Wraith was her hero! Someday, Aether wanted to be just like her but better. So naturally, when Aether's mother asked her to come and walk alone with her she was thrilled. Mother/Daughter moments without the rude intrusion of her siblings were blessings. She loved it when her mother realized that she was the best out of all her siblings and decided to dedicate a few moments of her precious time to only her.

Aether loped along side her mother with a stupid, lolling grin. Even thought the terrain of the mores was flat and easy to travel, Aether had stumbled on her paws only once or twice on their walk. She wasn't sure is she was getting bigger or if her paws were getting smaller. Though lankier than her eventually size, Aether would soon look like an adult. She didn't feel like an adult, and never realized it. Her first shift seemed a millennia away, when really, it would only be a month or two away at most.

It had been so pleasant to just trot alongside her mother that Aether almost missed what her mother had said. She though for a moment. The white spots above her eyes came closer together and formed a single line between them. She didn't think for long before she blurted and answer out. Concentration was not her strong point. "I want to be better than everyone else in Inferni."

Pipit
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:02 pm

It took a couple seconds for Aether to reply, but when she did, it was so decidedly… her. Even though the girl was just growing into her large paws and she was starting to look more and more like an adult coyote, she still had a lot of learning and maturing to do. But that being said, Wraith was pretty sure that aspects of her personality, like her competitiveness, were pretty much set in stone. It probably helped having Havoc as a brother, who would rather compete until he passed out than give up.

“Fair enough,” Wraith replied with a laugh. Being competitive and wanting to do your best was admirable. That’s what she’d always done and she was proud that she’d gotten somewhere with it. She was good enough to get paid to do it now, too, like with Tayui. And she’d done it: she’d tracked down and killed that Judas guy. So all in all, she got it; she understood why Aether would want to excel.

“So you gotta think about what you’re good at then. What can you do better now? And whaddya wanna get better at doin’? That’ll help ya decide more uh… specifically,” she explained.
Wraith Creed
I thought I felt a spark; thought I felt a flame
when something changed in you, who took the blame?

Tammi
Luperci Crown Contest Winner!

Dead Topics