Dropping by for a visit

p. Aspen

POSTED: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 pm

256 yo adult dated for the 10th

Chloé had heard about Aspen being pregnant, although had been so busy with taking care of her horse, keeping Lila out of trouble, and spending time with Taro that she hadn't been able to visit the wolfdog lately. It seemed like the two hadn't talked since going to get their llamas and, in an attempt to make up for not talking to her lately, Chloé had caught a few rabbits and was bringing them to the new mother, silently hoping that she would appreciate the gifts.

The darkly colored canine, her previously pure black fur now speckled with white, headed towards Aspen and Ascher's home, assuming that they lived together now. After walking up to the house, Chloé paused in front of the door. She wasn't sure if she would knock, since there might be sleeping puppies. Sucking in a breath and hoping that Aspen wouldn't get mad at her if she knocked too loudly, Chloé lifted up a hand that she had curled into a fist and rapped a few times on the door, ending her knock quickly and dropping her hand to her side.

The Moineau girl waited patiently for either Aspen or Ascher to answer the door, the two rabbits held in one hand by the ears. It hadn't taken her long to catch them, seeing as the weather had warmed up quite a bit which meant that prey wasn't as scarce as it had been. Shifting her weight from paw to paw, Chloé continued to wait for someone to open the door.

POSTED: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:47 pm

OOC: yo kid! Thanks for starting. :D

IC:
After she and Ascher had moved their puppies back to Jordheim from the stable where they had been born, Aspen had barely left her house at all. She didn’t want to leave them, irrationally worried that something may happen. They were nestled in a pile of furs, where she usually stayed with them except for short breaks away. She knew she needed to get up and walk around a little bit, and when she was gone, either Ascher, Major, and sometimes even both stayed with the two new sisters. Major had seemed to grow to like Ascher, possibly because he was part of the reason their family had grown.

Aspen was curled around her daughters when a knock came at the door and her first reaction was to duck her head and not move. She swallowed as Major let out a rumbling growl and she propped herself up before pushing her wild hair from her face. The cat bumped his head against her arm and she nodded before pushing herself to her feet. Her arms wrapped themselves around her still somewhat swollen stomach as she padded out to the door while Major stayed as a giant fluffy heater for the pups. As she left the room, Aspen was pretty sure he had started grooming Ode. He was really such a softy.

She opened the door a crack to see who was there and then relaxed, finding Chloe on the other side. Aspen’s eyes fell to the rabbits she was holding and then she looked back up with a small smile.

“H-hi, Chloe. Um, want to come in?” She asked, stepping aside. She supposed a short visit would be alright, and besides this was Chloe, and Aspen knew she wasn’t going to do anything. Still, her instincts told her to keep her puppies away from everyone.
Aspen

Myst
Luperci Livestock Manager + Cook + Stable Hand Head of the Starfa Tier
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
because it's all i have today
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:33 pm

It wasn't long before the door was opened and Aspen appeared in the doorway. Immediately, the Moineau girl allowed a smile to spread wide across her face. "Aspen!" she greeted, enthusiasm lacing her voice, although she attempted to remain as quiet as possible. "Sure," she replied. She hadn't expected to be let in to the house, seeing as the puppies were new, although she did want to see how Aspen was doing and wouldn't pass up the chance to ask her how she was.

Moving quietly on nimble feet that were practiced in the art of stealth, Chloé entered the house. She still had the rabbits held in her hands and hoped that Aspen would appreciate the food. She was sure that Ascher was providing for her as well, although she wanted to help out the older female as much as she could.

As soon as she entered the house, Chloé turned to look at the lightly colored canine. "I brought you some rabbits," Chloé said, holding up the two bodies which had stopped dribbling blood before she got to Aspen's house. They were fresh, although had begun to grow cold. Chloé had tried to hurry to the Starfa's house since the wanted the rabbits to seem fresh, although she also didn't want them to be a bloody mess. "I heard that you were going to be having puppies, I didn't know if they'd been born yet but I guess they have," the Vald continued.

She held out the rabbits for Aspen to take, and if she did take the rabbits then Chloé would drop her hadn to her side again. Either way, she would start talking again. "How've you been doing?" the female asked, looking around the house, although she quickly stopped since she didn't want to seem weird by looking at all of Aspen's stuff.

herp +307 words

POSTED: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:20 pm

“Oh,” Aspen said in surprise, looking at the rabbits with slightly widened eyes. She was still not used to gifts, although she had received a few in the past year since she had joined Vinatta. It just never occurred to her that someone might take time to do something like that for her, no matter how nice the other canine was. Then she nodded while shutting the door. “Y-yes, um, two girls. Um, their names are Shore and Ode,” she said, taking the rabbits offered to her with a quiet, “Thank you,” and a dip of her head. She crossed the room to where she kept her cast iron pan, which she took off the hook on the wall.

“I’ve been... well, tired,” she said with a smile. Being a new mom was more tiring than she thought, especially since she had not even gotten back to any of her duties as Starfa. She disliked leaving the puppies, even when Ascher was the one watching them, but she knew she would have to do so soon. There was a squeak from the back bedroom and Aspen’s ear twitched as she looked towards the partially closed door. It sounded like a yawn and so she set the rabbits down in her pan before turning back to Chloe while grasping the other side with her now free hand.

“How um, are you doing?” Aspen asked, moving towards the low table she had gotten relatively recently. On either side of it were some furs meant as seats. She gestured for Chloe to sit with her and sat down on one side while setting the pan down. On the table was one of her hunting knives, and she knew that soon enough, she would have to start putting it up on the shelf all the time. She picked it up so that she could start preparing the meat.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Chloé wasn't exactly sure why Aspen would be surprised by the fact that Chloé had caught her some rabbits. It didn't seem like a surprising thing to do, espcially because Aspen had just had puppies. Maybe she doesn't get rabbits too often, Chloé thought, one ear twitching. She listened to the other canine as she spoke, a smile still spread across the canine's face. She hadn't seen Aspen in what seemed like forever and it was nice to sit and listen to her, even if she stuttered a lot.

The Vald's misty green eyes lit up when Aspen mentioned the names of her two puppies. Chloé was fairly sure that Aspen wouldn't be letting people see them anytime soon, seeing as they were so young, although Chloé decided that she was going to have to come by when they were older, maybe with some more rabbits. "Those are nice names," Chloé commented, the words sounding somewhat awkward as she spoke them. She had never been very good at wording compliments, and her lack of vocabulary didn't exactly help that.

She was watching Aspen as she got out her pan and then moved to the table, sitting down when she was motioned to by Aspen. Chloé almost forgot that Aspen had asked her how she was doing. Chloé blinked, looking down at the hand which had absent-mindedly moved to fiddle with her Frithr necklace. She quickly moved it away from the necklace and took a minute to think before responding. "I've been doing good. I've been less busy since Lila is getting older, which is good, I guess," the Vald responded finally. She wasn't sure how much she liked being less busy, seeing as she hated not having something to do. That was partially why she had decided to go catch Aspen some rabbits.

OOC +303 words

POSTED: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

“Thanks,” Aspen said with a smile. The names seemed to be liked by those that she had told them to so far. She hoped the girls ended up liking them too when they were older, although she guessed they could change them if not.

“That’s good,” Aspen said with a smile as she picked up her knife and started cleaning one of the rabbits. It was a skill she had done sloppily before until learning more from Palaydrian, which had been the beginning of their friendship. She had first learned on a deer and it took some practice and a few ruined pelts, but she had figured out what she thought was the correct way to use the same skills on smaller game.

“What um, has she been up to lately?” Aspen asked while continuing her work on the rabbit. She glanced up at Chloe, then back down at it, glad for something to do to distract herself from feeling awkward at having a houseguest. She liked Chloe and was glad she had visited; it was just somewhat odd for Aspen to have anyone over except Ascher. Then it occurred to her that Chloe may want to have something to do as well.

“Um, did you want to help?” Aspen asked, gesturing to the other rabbit. “There’s um, another knife up on the shelf,” she indicated the one near where she had gotten the pan down, where two more knives were kept. She usually only kept the one she was using out at a time. There was no need to have more than one really, but she had gotten them in her welcome pack and didn’t want to trade away the first piece of home she had received. She also still had all the furs from it for the same reason.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Chloé felt somewhat awkward by the time that Aspen said 'thanks' when the Vald commented on the name of the Starfa's two daughters. Chloé smiled and nodded, wondering when the two pups would be out and wandering around. Probably not for awhile, seeing as they were still young and Chloé wasn't sure how protective Aspen was of the two. Chloé nodded once again when Aspen said that it was good that Chloé was having more free time now that Lila could wander around on her home. "She hasn't shifted yet, though," Chloé added, "I'm not even sure if she's a luperci," the Vald continued, shoulders rolling in a shrug. She was fairly sure that she hadn't expressed those concerns to everyone, although Chloé was pretty sure that Lila was more than six months old now and, from what she had heard, that was when most luperci started to shift.

The Moineau girl was lost in her thoughts when Aspen asked what Lila had been doing. She immediately returned her attention to the present, watching as Aspen cleaned one of the rabbits, wondering if she should offer to help. "I think she still spends a lot of time with the animals," Chloé stated, shoulders rolling in a shrug. "I don't see her as much," she continued, wondering if that made her a bad adoptive parent. She did, however, think that Lila was perfectly capeable of taking care of herself and that was why the canine didn't worry as much about her.

The Vald's ears perked up when Aspen asked if she wanted to help and a smile spread across the timberwolf's muzzle. "Yes, definitely," the younger female responded, moving quickly to her feet and heading towards the shelf where Aspen had said the knife was. Chloé grabbed it in a padded hand and then moved back to the table, sitting down and starting on skinning the other rabbit, attempting to be as cautious as possible.

OOC +324 words

POSTED: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:17 pm

“Oh, hm,” Aspen said. It hadn’t occurred to her that Lila might not be a Luperci. “Well, she doesn’t smell any different,” she said. Although, Aspen’s birthpack was a bit feral compared to Vinatta, but they had all been Luperci, so she didn’t have anything to compare the scents to, but she was pretty sure it was something that could be smelled, or at least, that’s what she had been told as a child. “I’m sure she will shift soon enough,” she added, trying to sound encouraging. Maybe Lila was just a late bloomer. Aspen herself had shifted early because she was scared of some of her packmates, and she thought maybe she would have preferred late to early.

“I smell her around the animals sometimes,” Aspen said with a nod. She was always happy for the help, especially if Lila was doing some of her own chores now, although Aspen wasn’t sure if she was. She had not spoken to Jin or Joon in a few days now, and she was pretty sure it was so that she wasn’t tempted to get back to work so soon.

Aspen nodded when Chloe accepted her offer to help with the other rabbit and continued her work as the other female retrieved another dagger and got to work. The pelt from her own rabbit was now free of the body and she continued cleaning it.

“Thinking of what Lila has been doing um, makes me wonder what my girls will be interested in,” Aspen said, unsure of what else to talk about. Talking about her daughters was probably some of the easiest conversation she’d had - even easier than livestock, which she hadn’t thought possible, especially because she usually felt so awkward in social situations. “It um, will be a while, of course.” Their eyes had not even opened yet, after all.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Chloe listened quietly as Aspen spoke, pointing out that Lila didn't smell any different from the other members of Vinátta, and all of them were luperci. The black wolfess nodded in agreement, since Lila didn't smell very different to her, either, and Chloe had a fairly good sense of smell due to the fact that she used it so often when she was hunting. "Yes, hopefully," the Vald stated. She was fairly sure that Lila had been trying to shift, although the Moineau girl was fairly sure that wasn't how shifting actually worked. "I think she's actually been trying to shift for awhile, but I don't think that's how this whole thing works... I dunno, I don't really know much about luperci and stuff like that," the girl continued with a small shrug of her scarred shoulders. Chloe had been a non-luperci before she came to the Viking pack and she had been fairly young when she joined.

In an attempts to keep memories of when she had actually become a luperci out of her mind, the Vald returned her attention to the rabbit she was skinning, working the blade she was using under the skin, carefully removing the pelt from the body. Chloé wasn't exactly the best skinner, although she was doing surprisingly well today. "Hmm, yeah," the timberwolf responded, not exactly sure what else she should say. Chloé didn't exactly know that much about puppies. That being said, she had no idea how she managed taking care of Lila.

"Hah, sometimes I think Lila likes sheep so much because we spent a lot of time around them when she was younger," Chloé commented, chuckling for a few moments after she spoke. That probably wasn't the case, although Chloé wasn't exactly that smart.

POSTED: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:34 pm

"N-no, um, the first shift is um, not something that happens on purpose," Aspen said, shaking her head. She kept her eyes on her work so she didn't manage to cut herself. "It um, you feel like you want to do something and then it just... Happens?" She wasn't really sure how to explain it. "Sometimes it um happens early if the Luperci is really scared." Those shifts would be scary, especially if the canine wasn't expecting it. And, Aspen knew that sometimes Luperci just took longer.

"That could be," Aspen said with a smile. She liked things that were familiar and tended to avoid things that weren't. It was sometimes easier for her to be around livestock because she spent so much time with them. It also meant it was difficult for her to make friends at times. She usually had no idea what to talk about; sometimes it was still a wonder to her that she’d managed to find a mate.

"We can always use more help, though, since it's mostly Joon and me with the livestock." She had Jin's help in the stables as well, and owners took care of their own animals, or at least helped out when they could, but there was a lot of communal livestock to keep track of and more on the way. Having Lila around certainly wouldn't be a bother, if she wanted to help even more. Aspen figured she could ask her next time she saw her.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

Dead Topics