your tongue is painted silver

p. Claudius

POSTED: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:09 am

Prompt #5 | NPC Anahid, Lupus, midday, June 4th +300

Olivia was trying not to be afraid of things anymore. There was a whole world of possibilities and nothing as going to stop her from walking the way she wanted to. At times, she felt afraid that the border was closing in on her and she wouldn't be free if she couldn't step beyond it. The loners beyond had instilled a certain fear within her though, she didn't know what they wanted or why they had come. Honestly, she supposed that they were just bent on causing unwarranted mischief. Her fur rose in jagged, agitated spikes as she wandered along the border.

There was so much more out there than the little pack that she called home. There were things to see and others to meet. She couldn't imagine it any other way than that. She considered the pack something of a dwindling force and she had only been a part of it a hand full of months. There were many more loners out there that had many interesting stories to share that she could hardly dream of.

With a sigh, she sat by a rock to look out onto a meadow just beyond the border. Of course, it was beautiful but Olivia did not try and bound into it. There was too little cover, too hard to run and hide and see the faces in the trees. She supposed that it was best that she just stay put and enjoy the view rather than risk her own hide.

She sat there like a moping lily for a moment, until she spotted a light pair of ears and bright eyes in the back of the forest. Olivia's fur went rigid as she watched him with equal interest. Her clear blue eyes peered the small bag she had brought with her, slung across her straight, lupus back. She had been intending to hide them away, just hoard them quietly somewhere safe. Though, she had hardly considered being interrupted. Olivia looked desperately for some solution.

image (c) gbglide @ flickr
Olivia Tarasova

Owl
Luperci
wandering heart

POSTED: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Claudius had found himself patrolling the borders more and more with the recent loners harassing the members. Many of the AniWayans, it seemed, were doing the same: he could smell Payne farther west and as he readied his horse. He set out, heading in no direction in particular. He ended up finding his way to the northern edge of the territory. Once he drew a bit closer, he could smell Olivia’s scent drifting to him on a breeze, twisting through the trees. At first, he couldn’t quite tell where she was, but after a few seconds, he caught onto her more recent location.

A few seconds later, he noticed another scent: a loner’s. The fur tingled on the back of his neck and he kicked the horse into a trot to get there more quickly. He wasn’t sure what he expected to find, but he was anticipating the worst.

When he got there, there was… nothing. It didn’t look like either one of them had acknowledged the other.

“Huh-hello o-Olivia, huh-who i-is thuh-this?” he asked, gesturing to the female hybrid. Her fur was a motley mix of colours and Claudius could tell that she descended from some interesting families.
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:18 pm

OOC +300

Olivia wasn't sure how she was supposed to react to one of the loners approaching her. Obviously, her first reaction was to bolt but the female did not show signs of aggression straight out and didn't get any closer when Olivia went rigid. There was some wariness in both of them but Olivia was heavily relieves when Claudius appeared from the brush. The youth felt more confidence with her uncle near by. They had certainly made each other close companions with the coming loners as it reached its pinnacle of fervor. She couldn't imagine anyone else backing her up.

As she rose, dragging her sparse belongings along the female spoke. "Please, I wish you no harm. I only came here looking to trade some of my things. A loner's life can be cluttered and I have too much for me to carry any longer." The female spoke earnestly, to a degree, her intentions were guarded along with her expression. Olivia did not relax complete but made a stop to her hasty and clumsy retreat.

The tawny female shot a glance towards Claudius, trying to gauge what he thought of the situation that was swiftly unraveling before them. "How can we trust you?" She asked, concerned that it was just a ploy to drop their guard for an easy ambush.

The mottled female lifted her hands in grudging surrender. "I am alone, you have many on your side of the border where I none." A quick smell revealed a lack of fresh scents but still Olivia was precautious. She had rarely traded before and with AniWaya's cautious relationship to the loners, she didn't want to tread on broken glass or thin ice. Either would leave her fun or out in the cold.

"What do you think?" She asked, directing her attention to Claudius. He would have the final say and she trusted his judgement.

Olivia Tarasova

Owl
Luperci
wandering heart

POSTED: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Stodgy Claudius :<

It seemed as though Olivia did not know the loner, even though Claudius had assumed as much. The woman was quick to reply when Olivia did not, explaining that she was here to trade and was apparently no threat to the tribe. Her scent was familiar, bearing similar smells to the loners that had previously harassed them, but her disposition was terribly different. Whereas the others had been brash and unaccountable, she seemed to be more interested in trading than anything else, given her response to Olivia’s question.

Olivia turned to Claudius to ask his opinion and he wanted to give her the go-ahead to trade, but at the same time, years of assault had turned his trust to wariness.

“Perhaps,” he said slowly as an effort to stem his stutter. Turning to the loner, he asked: “yuh-you a-asso… suh… ciate wuh-with the luh-loners, a guh-group, who huh-have c-c-caused trouble… at our… borders? Wuh-we have little ruh-reason to t-t-trade if it… will buh-benefit them,” he said, his voice going cross as the end.
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:27 am

OOC +300

The loner seemed a little ruffled by the opposition to the trading. She was away that it was delicate ground she was treading and chose her next words carefully. "But doesn't it benefit you as well? I ask for simple things, I am a simple canine. Not all of all of this wish harm on others." Her words came slowly, uneasily.

Olivia watched with a mixture of curiosity and trepidation. The female had not scared or threatened her and she hadn't been seen often associating with the loners that bothered them. Her forgiving spirit began to wane and she looked down at her leather satchel that contained her few things. They were little in worth, mostly bits of fur and feathers and the odd trinket. Olivia collected them but knew that someone else find interest in the items. And if she handed them over, it would certainly not shift the tides in their little conflict.

"Oh, Claudius, what harm could she do?" She indicated her own items with open blue eyes. And in a lower voice she said, "I have nothing to trade that could even function as a weapon."

The young tawny she-wolf had an undeniable trust in others. She was loving and open, even to those she did not completely understand. Her kindness had saved her skin on multiple occasions and made her some rather odd friends. It had led her astray a time or two, but nothing had come back to bite her just yet and she was feeling powerful enough to let her kindness spread to those less fortunate and struck by the cruelty of the world. If she could just offer a relief, she would be happy and this canine needed her help and she was more than happy to give it.

Olivia Tarasova

Owl
Luperci
wandering heart

POSTED: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:10 pm

WC: 359

At Olivia's insistence, Claudius's concerns melted away. Judging from the items in her satchel, no one could easily fashion them into a weapon - not unless they planned to make arrows with unsuitable feathers or perhaps just roll everything into a ball to fashion some sort of weighted club. Claudius knew when he was overdoing it and he could recognized it now. So, he inclined his head slowly and then jerked it into a reasonable semblance of a nod.

"Vuh-very wuh-well, wuh-we shuh-shall suh-see what shuh-she has to... offer," he replied. There was the possibility that there might be nothing of interested, though, if she was venturing out to the very pack her group harassed, he had to wonder if she really did have something to offer. Another part of his mind, a less wary and perhaps more reasonable one, suggested that it might not be the entire group of loners who felt this way. Perhaps she needed the protection or perhaps she just sought a new home. Maybe she didn't care for the politics, like she claimed. There were infinite possibilities and the only way to know was to ask her - and he wasn't likely to do so.

Turning to the woman, he asked: "wuh-what duh-do you have... to trade?" If there was anything of particular interest, he could always call for Payne or anyone really to help fetch something to offer.

The woman looked rather pleased at his question and spread her hands out, palms facing up, in a gesture of good will.

"Many things, some items, some animal: I have two kittens and a hawk back at my camp, should that interest you. Otherwise, on me, I have some astrology items: a lucky rabbit's foot, two sets of tarot cards, some gemstones -- quartz and garnet -- as well as incense. I also have some skinned pelts, many decorative feathers, and some teeth from our kills: all useful for fine weapons and jewelry. I've also some necklaces made out of teeth and bone - my handiwork - and a comb and a few knick knacks." She paused and then, smiling, asked: "Anything catch your fancy?"

POSTED: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:59 pm

OOC +300

Olivia, more relaxed than she had been, watched the loner with a mix of fascination and tentative optimism. She had never traded much but she was more than happy to comply with it. She only had a few items and she wondered what she could get with them. Claudius was still worried about it but the youth had a more open heart than her older uncle. She hadn't been wronged in quite so many ways that she was suspicious of others intentions. She had been frightened at first, but she considered that a reaction of safety rather than that of true fear. As the female's intentions were cleared, she found herself relaxing openly.

She listened with rather benign interest. She didn't know what much of the things were, especially the tarot cards but she didn't want to raise question unless she would look like a fool. Though, the word kitten caught her attention and she stared with more interest. Kittens were adorable! She had seen some of the more feral cats wandering around and sometimes they had litters in tow but they were almost never friendly enough to approach, especially with the mother around. Olivia had taken to the fact that they were unreachable even though many others of the tribe had cats of their own.

"I want a kitten!" She blurted out, much like the child she still was. "I would love that a lot, I have a few items here and would be willing to give many of them for a kitten of my own." She sorted through them, pulling the items with a bit more value than the others. "I have leather and feathers, a few coils of thin twine that can be used for artisan crafts. Uhm, lots of feathers." She pulled out a handful of blue jay feathers, she had gotten lucky on a kill and a single bird had given her many.

Olivia Tarasova

Owl
Luperci
wandering heart

Dead Topics