Atrocious stories

Farina

POSTED: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Dated 20th June! [324]

Guilt plagued her heart even as she left the pack borders behind her and know rationalising the situation was going to ease the lingering sense of betrayal and abandonment. Leaving Kalila was Zalen was the best she could do, the idea of anyone else touching or coming close to her offspring threatened to trigger levels of aggression within her that she had not even known existed; maternal instincts that had been so deeply buried with her last two litters finally showing their faces with her third. However much she wanted to stay glued to her daughters side, being restricted within the pack lands was beginning to wear away at her, aggression and the need to vent stress, for mental stimuli outside of the feral pack lands that warred with her natural state was desperately needed.

And so she had left the pack lands, for some alone time, to patch up her fragmented state and find some inner peace away from the very things that was causing her stress. When she had discovered she was pregnant and made the choice to join Zalen's pack, she had known it would be hard to tie herself to one place, especially one so rural and simplistic in life style as New Dawn. It was impossible for her to relate to it's members, there was no desire to integrate herself within their ranks. It was a prison of her own choosing, all so that she could play the role of mother to her unexpected daughter.

Stretching arms out of her head, something clicked along her spine, the feeling satisfying. It felt good to be in optime form once more, for there had always been a sense of comfort and familiarity upon two legs for her, given it was the state she spent the most time in usually.

Unknowingly her legs began to carry her towards the pack whose mark hung from her neck; from one child to her others.

Don't cry, we all make mistakes from time to time.
Unfortunately, for me, being me was mine.

Kitty
Luperci Silver Scales & Silver Blood

POSTED: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Of late her life had been stagnant, a plateau of mediocrity, the disappointing aftermath for months of disruption and misfortune in Vinátta and in her personal life. Perhaps it was that innate need for thrill that drew Farina from the marble floor of an Amherst church and up into its rafters. Perhaps it was a need for change that she had wandered to the Outpost and attempted a trade she knew ill-fated back when she departed Vináttan borders.

She should have been thankful for a lapse of stasis. Outside the attack on Anu qualmed by Farina and her sister, the pack had been free of particular trauma for some time. Florina's usurpation was more or less tolerated, Saul's departure still disappointing, but the Vináttans were not fighting with loners as they had been within the past year.

Farina had no destination in mind when she separated herself from her birthpack that day, driven only by an increasing need for change, for something to draw her intrigue while thoughts of her new friend Octavius were not enough to entertain her in his actual absence. A distance from borderlines she caught wind of New Dawn scent, and shortly thereafter stumbled upon the culprit, one whose description fit that of warnings related to Dreyma, Shiloh's girl. Farina knew some vague quantity of it, though not enough to spark tempers. Or care, quite frankly, this far from the pack.

The woman seemed in direction for the vikings, however, and Farina did not miss the frithr that hung from the stranger's neck. Wearing a frithr, reeking of New Dawn—it was Florina all over again. "Afternoon," she said, casual, curious. A pause followed. Farina motioned cream-colored fingers to the necklace. "You Vináttan?"

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:13 pm

<3 [334]

Dropping her paw to the ground, she watched the others approach, allowed for it to happen when perhaps it would have been better to walk away, to alter her path. Vinatta cloaked the dark female's scent and there was something familiar about the other, yet not strongly enough to draw out long buried memories as to what exactly that familiarty was stemming from. So she stared silently, holding herself to her full height with all the pride and spite she reserved when faced with her old pack, unwilling to show anything but complete calm and dominance to any of them, after all they were part of the reason her life was not as she would desire it to be.

A smile, all teeth, spread across her maw at the woman's question, blue eyes darting down to the other's necklace that adorned her neck. “No, although you are, I would assume” the scent and the necklace indicated as much, although perhaps she was wrong; there was no telling these days. Tucking some stray curls away from her face, she placed a palm upon a propped hip, tail swaying high and proud behind her, fingers of her other hand rising to that which adorned her own neck, “This is a reminder of many things” pausing, she laughed briefly, “And my way of showing spite to which you call home, I suppose”.

Dropping her hand, she allowed it to fall limp and relaxed by her side, “I'm Grace Revlis. Is there something I can do for you, unknown Vináttan?” because the other must of approached her for one reason or another; she was drawing close to their borders, to some degree, although not enough to warrant her own personal welcoming committee just yet as far as she was concerned. And if the female was fool enough to bring up the subject of her lost daughter, then she would be more than happy to educate the other in how she had earned her reputation within the other's pack.

Kitty

POSTED: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:44 pm

The frithr was a symbol of sentiment, then, good and bad. Farina cocked her head at the latter of the statements, curious for explanation, and shrugged. Would it not be more spiteful to break the frithr and burn it? Would it not represent far more than toting it around ironically, confusing strangers and misrepresenting packs?

"What happened?" Farina was so bold to ask, lacking suspicious tones but filled with an earnest curiosity. Vinátta was a peaceful habitat, and she knew very few members that had walked from it displeased.

Grace bore a familiar sound, but the latter name did not. She recalled description and recognized the first name to match—the frithr only confirmed her identity further—but Grace was not to be run from the borderlines, only warded in the off chance of trespassing or hostility. Farina shrugged. "I'm not unknown. My name's Farina vin Haki, one of the Araedi."

Grace did not seem pleased by the interruption and was quick to question it. Once again, Farina shrugged. "No, not really. My sister wore her necklace when she was a part of New Dawn—or you smell like New Dawn too, anyway. Just thought it was kind of funny." Her brows drew. A pause. "I've heard your name, though, if it means anything."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

<3 [211]

Surprised, blue eyes blinked and her tail's sway paused for a moment, before it continued on it's seemingly endless, repetitive path. “You mean you truly do not know what happened?” it seemed so strange that someone within the pack would not of heard what had happened, given the treatment that she had received upon Vinatta borders when she had returned to these lands, seeking her young. The female was playing her, was up to something, playing the ignorant fool for some reason that she couldn't quire deduce; that seemed like the only logical explanation, because ignorance really didn't seem all that plausible in the golden Revlis's mind.

Her desire to pursue the topic was momentarily thrown of balance at the female's name, lips tugging back in distaste, “If you are who you claim to be, then there is no way you cannot know who I am and what your pack has done to me; your own mother snuck into the bed of what was mine at the first chance she got” anger towards Colibri was still there, even if the female hadn't in anyway been responsible for the destruction of her and Niernan's mate ship, it displeased her regardless to see that someone else had taken her place within his heart.

Kitty

POSTED: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Farina was Araedi, but she knew only so much as what was provided for her. She hunted out answers once in a while, but the vin Haki did not care for details. If told to know the name Grace, she would know it; if told to know her pelt, she would remember it. If never informed the reasons why, she assumed it private and did not frankly care.

And still she did not, unsurprisingly, and met the tawny Revlis's stark look of alarm with one increasingly disinterested. She was no gossiper, and did not care for drama and flakiness. "I would, if you'd stop being vague as fuck and just tell me," she said, lacking all patience for secrets and mystery. The conclusive shrug thereafter voiced an unspoken and apathetic "Or don't tell me, I don't care."

She played a victim well enough to rouse sympathies from just about any other than Farina vin Haki, for instead of defending her pack or the dignified name of her mother, the Araedi snorted and laughed. "Uhhh, all right," she said, scratching at her nose and chuckling. "Sorry to hear you got the same shit taste as my mom, lady, but I still don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you're not as important as you think you are."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:02 pm

<3 [337]

Blue eyes simply looked over to the black-dominant female, waiting to find some indication in the other's words, eyes or body language that this was all some elaborate lie, yet nothing screamed out at her to otherwise refute the stance the other was taking, which was strange and enough of a shock to give the Revlis female pause. Perhaps she'd been to quick to judge this one, so paranoid and used to playing the games of deception that she assumed everyone else was playing too. After another short paused, she placed a hand on either hip, teeth flashing in a painstakingly slow grin as she finally settled on her belief that she wasn't being had by this young one.

Barking laughter, “You, I think I quite like” the words were almost a purr, pleasure lacing them. It was unexpected to find a Vinattan that she genuinely liked, but a welcome surprise none the less. “I'd be the unfortunate previous mate of Niernan” she started, smile widening a fraction more already, “To save you all the gory details of my love life; well, it went to shit. And rather than sticking around and spreading my misery to my children with him, I left” not that she expected the other to understand why she would chose to leave, rather than stay. Staying would've made her miserable, slowly suffocated her and with her destruction, she would of ultimately done more damage to the pups if she'd remained.

“Various things happen, I return to see my kids and your charming packs practically brands me the utmost evil scum to walk this earth and denied me to see my youngest daughter, in addition making it hard to catch up with my two adult children” rolling her eyes, she snorted at the melodramatic reaction the pack had given her, “So you can understand how, after all the fuss your pack kicked up, i'm a little surprised about your lack of knowledge, more so considering last I heard, your mother was with my leftovers”

Kitty

POSTED: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 am

Grace chirped and laughed, earning herself an increasingly sideways stare from the ink-eyed vin Haki. She had not sought to entertain, and yet entertain she had. What precisely had been said to be so humorous?

Forgetting the thought, Farina regarded the D'Angelo with puzzled and knitted brows as she explained herself and her relation to the vikings. "Oh, you're—oh, okay. Teagan and Lochlan, they're your kids. I was wondering about that." She scratched at her ass, resisting to question if Grace had more abandoned her children than spared them misery. A youngest daughter was mentioned. Farina thinned her eyes. "Huh?"

"She's with your leftovers, sure, I guess if you want to look at it that way. If it were me, though, I think it'd be more like my mother took him off your hands." Aloof to the melodramatics of Grace and her tale, Farina faced news of her pack's reaction with a hardened, realistic outlook. It wasn't right to deny a mother the right to see her child, but the D'Angelo seemed brash and circumstances for such a decision were unknown to the Araedi. Things were what they were; no sense of justice was stirred about within her.

"Well, that sucks," said Farina, blunt, shrugging. "You'll forgive me for not getting involved, I hope. I'm not really even friends with Lochlan or Teagan. Kind of sounds like you're better off not coming back, though I've never really heard of the others behaving that way."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

Dead Topics