[M] Extending the Olive Branch

[Farina]

POSTED: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

A Gift of Peace in All Good Faith

The little carved Ram had been sitting on his table for weeks now, he'd finished it ages ago and had just been putting off the delivery. The animal charm was supposed to be a peace offering, but he was too scared of the outcome to actually go and offer it. He wasn't a coward, he was not normally scared; put him in a fight and he was fine. A bar room brawl he could face. But going to offer a gift to someone that he knew didn't like him, that person being the daughter of his mate, that terrified him. He got this sick feeling in his gut everytime he thought about it. So he'd tried to stop thinking about it, he'd tried just casually patrolling out past Farina's den, but he always got turned around and the Ram went undelivered. Today was different. Today he was actually going to deliver it. He even had the smiling support from his mate, though she elected not to come with him, fearing her presence might make the meeting more awkward.

The Ram was warming in his paw as he walked steadfastly towards Farina's den. He worried that he'd also meet Florina there too, as far as he knew she was staying with her sister. He had brought the Boar with him too, just in case, but he was sure that having a double meeting would ruin his chances of being liked by either sister. He wasn't even sure that they would think of the charms favourably; the animals he had chosen for them weren't exactly becoming. He supposed he would just have to grin and bear it; he had arrived.

Breathing through his nose he took a deep breath and steeled himself before turning to the earthen den. He cleared his throat with a quiet cough and then called out, "Farina, it's Niernan. I was wondering if we could talk?" He turned the carved Ram in his fingers and tried to look confident even though he didn't feel it. All he wanted was familial harmony, and for the flowers to maybe like him just a little. It would be nice to be able to just see them without knowing that they hated him.

Lame, short starter. +369words

Last edited by Vesper on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: FARINA HAS A POTTYMOUTH

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

POSTED: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:28 pm

While she filled her belly with successful hunt the little golden cripple boy had happened on past and hobbled his way unsupervised to her side. Farina scarcely knew his name (and was remedied fast) but lost all appetite with his arrival. Because he was a pathetic, helpless little cripple, yes; because he asked too many questions, yes, and because she did not much like to be in the presence of a child easily tripped over and broken, let alone one already flawed as it was.

But it was not for those reasons that her stomach turned. The boy was subject to his mother's coddling for more than the first few months of his life, and rightly so. But never had Farina seen Dagr in the arms of his brothers or, frankly, the absent father that hit a little too close to home. The father was not around, but Palaydrian had been. Palaydrian could not be convinced not to be.

She resented Dagr. He was half a year in age and she resented him. His mother made the effort to fill the void that was the unknown father from which those golden furs were bred.

Colibri found herself a mate and made other children instead.

When Farina returned to her den irritable, morose and with an empty stomach after finding the means to separate herself from the talkative cripple, she found a visitor—the only visitor she could not have hated more to see.

They were equal in rank now. She need not pay him a glimpse of respect. "No," said the Rikr, the blacks and coppers of her face wrinkling, bristling but tolerant of her stepfather if only because Florina might have been in vicinity to hear.

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:42 pm

He watched the opening of the earthen den, expecting Farina to emerge from there and talk to him, or charge at him. He was never quite sure what the hulking female was going to do whenever he saw her. It was evident that she hated him every time they were in each others vicinity. As far as he was aware he had done absolutely nothing, except fall in love with Colibri, which had somehow spurred Farina, Fiora and Florina to dislike him. Though he knew that Florina had disliked him before the whole mateship anyway, that happened when he had been the only one to witness Florina's outburst of rage at her mother. He hadn't expected an immediate loving family to form just because he and Coli had become mates, but he hadn't expected the hate the girls had thrown at him. His own children hadn't reacted badly to Colibri, they had welcomed the timid female into the house and their lives quite easily, he had expected at least courtesy from the flowers, but did not get it.

So intent was he upon the den that he didn't notice Farina's approach from behind, her gruff, steely reply made him jump and he whipped his head around to look at the dark furred young woman. She was taller than him, not something he was used to, and she was hulking compared to his athletic, but he still stood firm. Her automatic denial sparked something in him and he felt anger begin to bubble in the pit of his stomach. He had expected the denial, but had thought that he would react with disappointment, or sadness, not anger.

He straightened his back and felt his tail begin to twitch with irritation. His words came out curt, clipped and very Irish, his accent strengthening with his emotion; "Fine Farina. You don't have to talk me. Just listen." He thrust his hand out towards her, the Ram resting on his upturned palm. "I made this for you. Your very own Stormbringer charm, though you resist being part of our family. I had hoped that I could come to you and we could talk, like colleagues, or at least like pack mates, and you could explain to me why you hate me so much. I have done nothing to you and yet you hate me, I'd like to know why." He looked down at the little Ram then back to Farina, now itching to leave for a completely different reason, the fizz of fresh anger bubbling through his veins. "Now take the damn Ram so I can go."

Ooooh, he pissed... +431 words

POSTED: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:18 pm

HE AIN'T THE ONLY ONE 8I also I asked staff to put a mature tag because cussing

With knitted brows her inkwell gaze dropped to the Ram pendant produced in his palm, a suspicious squinting of her eyes made to follow. What was this, a peace offering? Was he trying to butter her up?

Did he really a little whittling could undo over a year of irreparable damage to her family?

She listened, as requested. Allowing him space to explain himself was the least she could do in exchange for the token regardless of how she wished to snap it in half and hurl it into the stream nearby. And speak Niernan did, with added and obvious irritation he rarely exposed, especially with the vin Haki sisters; he had always tread so lightly with them, the coward. If nothing else, at least he had shown something of true colors.

Unfortunately, those colors were not received well. "I'm resisting being a part of your family? I'm sorry, Niernan, but I have more fucking respect than to barge into other people's personal lives and screw up the place, unlike you."

"Don't you fucking say you haven't done anything," the behemoth boomed, a long-boiling pot at long last spilling over. "Florina was missing and our family was all screwed up, and—and what did you do? You came and distracted my mother and made more goddamn kids instead! You didn't even have the decency to wait until Colibri fixed the ones she already had!"

Farina fisted her hands, bristling. "My mother made it pretty damn obvious she doesn't give a shit about us anymore. You're both selfish assholes." A dark, horrid glance fell on the Ram. "Keep your stupid necklace. I don't want to be a part of your family."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:57 pm

He was taken aback by the vehemence in her voice, the hate in her tone, aimed at him. At least he was finally getting to know why she disliked him so much, despite none of it making sense to him. Since when had he intruded upon anyones personal lives? It wasn't like he had purposefully set out to woo Colibri with the intent on ruining the girls lives. He hadn't even set out to woo Colibri. Their romance wasn't planned, he had had no idea that he would fall in love with one of his closest friends, especially after he got so badly burned by love before. He and Coli couldn't help nor stop the feelings they had for each other, and neither of them wanted to. Neither of them had wanted to leave out or ostracise their kids either, and Niernan hadn't been aware of how Farina had felt. He had known Florina's feelings towards himself, but not the relationship, seeing as she had fled from her actions to New Dawn. Which he was hardly at fault for.

His usual response to someone shouting at him would be to flick his ears back to defend his sensitive hearing, but here and now, in this tense situation, with the dominant behemoth standing before him, his entire body remained upright and rigid. He felt his lips begin to curl, his cerulean eyes fixing on her inky black ones, rage fires burning coldly in the back of the blue orbs. The mention of Florina made him angry, the accusation that he and Coli were selfish made him angrier, but the comment about his and Coli's litter filled him with rage. He felt it bubbling over and knew that he was going to explode at Farina. He just couldn't stand her immature puppy whining anymore. "Don't you dare." He growled. The shout gone from his voice now, leaving it low and dangerous, "Don't you dare bring the kids into this. You have no right Farina. What do you even know of anything? You're just being an immature, whiny, attention seeking puppy. You claim I came barging in and stole your mother? That I distracted her from Florina's disappearance. That I am the root of all of your fucked up little problems?" He scoffed, the harsh noise rasping at the base of his tongue, spittle flying from his mouth in his rage. "You're so fucking stupid it hurts. Florina didn't disappear Farina, she ran away. She hurt the mother that you care for oh so much and fled to another pack. Who was there to save Coli? Who was there to try and fix her? Was it you Farina? Was it Florina? No. I was the one to be there, to carry her bleeding body, to watch her blame herself for something Florina did. Where were you Farina? Where?"

The words were running away from him now, tumbling from his brain to his tongue faster than he could track them, the polite, kind filter completely gone. It was liberating. Utterly free to say what he wanted, what he felt in that moment. And in that moment all he felt was hate and anger. Hate for this churlish child that was selfish and unkind, that rejected all kindnesses because it wasn't what they wanted. Anger for the accusing and self righteous way that the dark furred female stood before him and yelled, for the sake of his mate and family that had done no wrong except in the eyes of this one self-centered bitch. He snarled and spat his next words, the Irish brogue thick on his tongue, "Did you ever stop to think that fixing the relationship between you and your mother was a two way street? That you need to make an effort too? Why should it be all up to Colibri to fix you, as you so put it? Why don't you grow the fuck up and fix yourself. Your attitude is shit Farina, you're the selfish one here." He fisted his fingers around the carefully carved wooden Ram, squeezing it tightly before hurling it at the Dog coated Vin Haki. "A brutish and stupid beast. A perfect fit, don't you think?"

He didn't wait around for her to explode back at him, nor to see her reaction to the flinging of the pendant. He whirled on the spot and stormed off, worried that if he stayed another instant he would become violent. Perhaps that would be the only way to get any information through the stupid girls thick skull; to beat it in. Though he doubted Colibri would like it very much if he returned covered in her beastly daughters blood.

Farina made him snap.... This is the angriest he has ever been...+777 words

POSTED: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:11 am

The bubbling rage scarcely restrained, she faced the unusual anger of Niernan with one equally blazing. Whereas she believed her own arguments justified and adult in exchange, the man tossed childish insults and failed acknowledgments, cementing a terrible exchange. Had she cared to maintain appearances and a positive opinion of herself for him, she might have backed down.

She didn't. "You're not the root," hissed Farina, "you're just a fucking weed. You want to know where I was when all that happened? I was nowhere! I was nowhere, because nobody came and told me a thing! Not you, not Colibri, not Florina!" Her sister had later claimed to have called for her, but the vin Haki remembered nothing of it. "And where was I after that? I was giving everyone space, because that's all anyone wanted—Mom wanted you, Florina wanted nobody, and I don't even know what the fuck Fiora was doing."

"I've tried to fix our relationship," she continued, black furs spiking, matching the Stormbringer's height but doubling his mass. Temper bit back into seething, hissing growls shaking from the depths of her chest. "I've tried to talk to her, you asshole, and she looks at me like I'm a criminal and she won't talk without crying and she won't tell me what the hell I did. She's always been like that. She's the one who's making this shit impossible, and if you're so love-struck that you can't take any side but hers, then you'd better get the fuck away from my home and don't fucking come back."

Her fingers flexed, then fisted: She meant it.

And she would not admit it, but those insults, those accusations, she a "brutish and stupid beast"—they hurt.

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

Dead Topics