Teensie weensie tiny teeth

Alistair!

POSTED: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Clara's new home! Alistair is the second character, aside from her, to see it. <3 Wearing her deer fur cowled cloak and her sheep emblem on her neck. → [381]

Everest greens rolled in the dew bound morning grass, the wind whispering a gentle lull through the branches and the trees above and around her shop-made home. She had not always enjoyed such an open space for herself and cleaning it out and rearranging everything, plus getting Isaac to help her carry most of her things here, had been quite the hassle. It had taken her most of two days to get everything finished. Her old room had been too full, the lack of space disorienting and sometimes just overly frustrating but now that she had finally made the move to get something larger for herself, and perhaps one day her family, it couldn't have been any better. She sat behind the large counter, it's top low enough that all she had to do was sit herself upon the stool behind it to keep herself afloat with just enough room to see about the entire area that was now claimed by her.

On the counter before her, several small spools of sewing line sat, a small package of bone needles carved from various prey scattered lightly just in case she needed them and in her hands.. A small sewing circle, a blanket of cloth captured in its grasp and stretched tightly. The last time she had tried this design had been around the fire with Kira. He'd accidentally tripped over her and in the process, her work had gone into the flames.

On the front side of the sewing circle, the shape and form of a Casa cross stood stark against the material claimed from the Halifax merchant, still minimalistic due to her shaping it out but other than that, it was coming along very, very nicely. Driftwood eyes took close count of her spools, the colors there and chose another shade before tying a knot upon the one caught within the bone needle in the grasp of her pointer and index finger. Without much pause, she brings it to her snout, quickly cutting the line before using the knife beneath the counter to cut the extra line from both the ring and the needle. As quickly as she does so, she moves onto that spool, trying to tie the end through the needle so she could start all over again.

Clara Bates
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Dread (Ron)
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 am

I am the shield that guards the realms of men

The door clattered behind Alistair. Weary and dragging his feet he hadn’t needed to duck through the door frame as he might have usually. His tongue lolled out the side of his dark muzzle and he wore little to nothing because of the heat, not even his cloak. He was about to call up for Lola, hazel gaze sweeping the room leisurely, when his voice caught in his throat. A little silver body was sprawled on an aged area rug in front of the fireplace, brown dipped tail thumping every now and again as it held something between two paws, and gnawed on it contentedly. Alistair smiled at the sight of his son, “what’s that you’ve got there, pup?” He asked as he walked up behind Tristan, expecting to see some toy Lola had made him, or maybe even a small carcass.

To his shock, between the boy’s silver paws was thick fabric dyed a deep purple- the Lune’s cloak. Eyes widened and body tensed, “Tristan!” The hybrid shouted, but the pup had already retreated, releasing the torn cloak and darting between his father’s legs. “Why you little…!” Alistair said, frustrated as his attempt to snatch the boy had failed.

He chased him out the back door, nearly catching him before he swerved suddenly, causing Alistair to slip as he tried to do the same. Tristan had darted around the side of house when Alistair gave up pursuit, but the smile on the man’s mouth was anything but defeated. Instead, the Lune crouched down where he was standing..and waited. As predicted, the silver boy hadn’t noticed when the father stopped following. He continued around to the back of the house...and into a pair of grasping hands. “Gotcha!” The father proclaimed, triumphant as he tucked the squirming pup under his arm and proceeded back into the woodshop. There, he collected his damaged cloak and called out his and Tristan’s leaving to Lola.

They didn’t go far, and he paused in the front the building next door. He’d seen Clara move in over the past few days, so whether or not this was her home wasn’t in question, he’d stopped to wonder whether or not he should wait until later to call on her. One look at his cloak, however, decided that he didn’t want to wait. Shifting the pup in one arm and nudging the cloak over one shoulder Alistair knocked twice on her door, and waited for a response.

I feel honored! :P And this is Tristan's first time meeting anyone, xD. +3 points

Alistair Callow

Stormie
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2013 Champ! have you ever licked a lamppost in winter...?
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:39 pm

ooc goes here → [359]

She had just started pushing the bone needle through the material again when the knocks came from the doorway, letting it be known that someone was there. Fortunately, her fingers escaped being pricked by just half an inch and when she looked up toward the door, she quickly rose from her seat and moved to open it. It was not unusual for her to receive guests whether in the morning, late afternoon, or even evening. When people did come, she made a habit of serving them just like her mother would have done, with food, drink and whatever they needed while she worked on what they brought or whatever they decided they wanted. She was not sure who was here until she got closer to the door and the smell of wood shavings, sawdust and pine caressed her senses, giving her a vague clue to who was there and who was at the door.

She wrapped nimble fingers about the doorknob and pulled the door open so that she came face to face with Alistair and his child, driftwood eyes first moving to Alistair and then to the cloak in his hand. She knew right away what was required of her and the child in Alistair's grip was something of a clue to what had happened to it. With a generous smile perking at the corners of her lips, she greeted Alistair with a nod. "Hi, Alistair. Whose this little guy?" She reached forward just slightly as if to ask permission to touch the pup before looking back to Alistair. If no is his answer, she retracts her arm. If not, the little guy is given a quick ear scratch before she smiles and continues. "Come on in."

She moved deftly to rid herself of the doorway, leaving the door propped open with a foot so that Alistair and, by extension, his son could enter the room before closing it behind the both of them. "What brings you here today? There something I can do? Are you hungry,. -- thirsty? I have water and some milk. The milk probably needs to go soon, though. I just got it this morning."

Clara Bates
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Dread (Ron)
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:52 pm

“Clara.” Alistair acknowledged her with a polite nod and a smile that was not unkind, but a little strained. One look at the cloak and another at the silver pup could tell anyone whatever they needed to know about that. The knight adjusted his grip on his son, propping the pup up a little so Clara could ruffle his ears. “This little rugrat is Tristan, and we’re fine, thank you.” he replied, naming the silver boy who was straining forward in his grip to sniff and nip at Clara’s fingers as well as turning down her offer for refreshments. He didn’t want to beggar the woman. “Sorry to disturb you, Clara- got a bit of a situation here.” The knight said with a bit of a sheepish and apologetic grin.

“You see,” he started as he stepped inside, waiting for Clara to come in and close the door. “I was coming back, and well, saw someone- not going to name names or anything-” Alistair gave his son a hard look so there was no confusion before continuing, “with my cloak...and well,” he looked to Clara, knowingly, “you probably heard the rest.”

He tightened his grip on the pup and pulled the cloak from his shoulder with his free hand, turning it until the jagged edges from Tristan’s teething were visible to the pelle. “Do you, uh, think you can mend it for me…? I would have tried to myself, but, well I- it would just end up looking worse than what I had to begin with. So,” The Lune chewed his last word, feeling sheepish and a little helpless. He wasn’t in the habit of asking for help and he’d rather have the job done quickly and hopefully before Jazper could chew him out for it. Grown man that he was, he was sure to get an earful from the Sole about the importance of keeping ones things away from teething mouths, and really, Alistair would rather avoid a lecture all together. “And if you could also, keep this between us, I’d be eternally grateful.”

+3 points

Alistair Callow

Stormie
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 am

ooc goes here → [415]

Demure eyes found their way to the pup again, honest surprise reigning upon her face as she let Alistair in and quietly trod her way over to the table in the middle of the room, only after letting Tristan take a run at sniffing at her fingers and she had closed the door behind the two, offering a quick seat toward Alistair in one of the larger chairs there. Honestly, it was no bother at all and she had said something about needing to be rid of it before too long anyways. She had no cats or animals that could enjoy the taste or even the tone of milk. The sheep occasionally liked the taste of cows milk but it wasn't often that she could get the lamb to enjoy a nice meal of it before they moved back on toward their mothers. "It's a pleasure to meet the prodigy," she offered in her own little manner of thanks. She hadn't really heard anything from the rest of the pack about meeting the pups, yet. She only knew that eventually, both would be in here with her, being fitted for their first cloaks and the entrance to the pack.

She looked up shortly after to catch Alistair's eyes, a small nod of her head and a quick smile given so that hopefully, his worries could fade away.

Teething pups were always getting in trouble inside Casa. She remembered, on occasion, when Neela and Tony would bring her cloaks and small items that needed mending due to the playful, yet sharp, teeth of their pups. This was nothing new to her at all. To be honest, there wasn't much that could be hidden when it came to mending an item but with the right cloth, Alistair's cloak would be right as rain. "That is quite the problem. Teething pups enjoy cloth borne toys. I have a few here if you want to take them back with you, I'd just be careful with small things." She knew not to make a fuss over the jagged edges that came into view as Alistair pulled the cloak from his shoulders so she was quick to reach out lightly so that she could brush her fingers over the edges. "Of course, of course. I'm good with secrets. Hand it over and I'll start right away.." she paused momentarily, looking toward the fire place. "Would you mind waiting here, though? There are a few things I'd like to run passed you."

Clara Bates
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Dread (Ron)
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Tristan was still young and his stomach was sensitive. Alistair didn’t want to take a chance with the cow’s milk. The Lune worried about everything when it came to his pups and one thing he didn’t want to worry about was an upset tummy. “Prodigy?” He chuckled, “he has a talent for trouble, but that’s about it.” Tristan made a sound as if to object, but he might have just been grumpy that his chewtoy had been taken from him. “Actually, I’ll take a cup of milk,” Alistair said after a second thought. He’d just keep it away from the boy.

Clara smiled and nodded to him and Alistair thanked her. “I really appreciate it, Clara.” He really could do without the lecture. It didn’t matter that he was a grown man, Jazper still ‘fathered’ him. Alistair never objected to it, though. He figured he should be grateful to have someone looking out for him. No one ever had when he was young.

“Do you have one now?” He asked, referring to the toys. Tristan was becoming harder and harder to hold and the pup did his best to get at Clara and the cloak when she stepped forward to take it. “If he’s going to chew on something, I’d prefer it to be something that can’t feel it.” Puppy teeth were bloody sharp.

Alistair gave Clara the cloak and sat where she’d motioned to a few moment ago, holding the boy more securely now that his other arm was free. “Sure, I’ll just be right here. What’d you want to talk about?”

+ points

Alistair Callow

Stormie
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

Dead Topics