True innocence

Lola, Sugar Woods.

POSTED: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:34 pm

So much had to be done but alas he didn't have a care in the world as he bounded from tree to tree examining each and every last detail with eyes full of wonder. The man stood tall but could not match his one eyed friend in height although it seemed that the Greek had more muscle. Of course he would he was born to be a warrior. And that would be quite obvious from his scars but the visual of this optime man attempting to climb the trees and failing would say that he was a pup. With a wide grin the man kept climbing and falling back down to the earth. Each fall would cause the ground to shake but he only ended up laughing at the experience and continued to try again. How could one be so care free, the secret is the upbringing that one is born into. But then again there is a trait that one cannot develop that allows for such beautiful innocence.

Pain was felt as he fell but it couldn't triumph over the joy. With a howl he continued his assault on the trees. Each hand and foot rapidly searching for a new hold on the bark. With a slight sigh and childlike chuckle he ran to one of the more heavily branched trees. If he couldn't ascend the more bare of the bunch then he would ascend the plentiful. With a pounding on his chest and war cry. " For Casa For Glory!" The large mass of fur, muscle, determination and scars dug into the tree climbing up the branches until he was satisfied. Each foot clung onto the opposite branch. His body contorted oddly among the lay out he was given. Even with the effort obvious he still kept a grin enjoying every second of this new challenge.

Smaller canines would find this task easy but the Greek didn't have the luxury and it took effort to drag up a tall muscular body. Soon he was nearing the end of the safe zone, the area in which one could fall safely. With a deep breath he climbed past the zone and soon became mesmerized at the sight of the forest from so high up. He wondered if Alistair and Cyclops would like this view. Kira would be shivering in fear and Nadia would be racing him to the top. With a light chuckled he thanked the gods for his new family. With that the Greek climbed down in victory. His feet pounded against the earth as his head swung into the air howling as loud as he could. The howl boomed through the land as the small victory became obvious to all. His howl was always meant to break through warfare this quiet day would have the victorious sound travel for as far as it deemed necessary.

POSTED: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:27 pm

500 words →

Dazed from lack of sleep, the Mani member trailed after the two rambunctious pups as they play fought and toddled along, often times taking their exaggerated wrath out on the unfortunate leaf or stick that got in the way. They had begun biting harder than before, their milk teeth becoming more and more accustomed to tearing flesh and consuming the half eaten meals both Lola and Alistair provided them with, and for once, it was a welcome respite from throwing a babe on her boob. Weaning. What a lovely blessing, but Tristan and Guinevere now sought other things to gnaw and suck on, namely clothes or each other’s fur and tails.

In an effort to save her wardrobe, Lola had decided to go “naked” since the birth of her children. Folding and gently packing away her silks, chiffon, and robes, and roughing it by simply wearing her necklaces and her Brotherhood cuff around her bicep. Most days she also tied back her tresses of red wine, for fear they’d end up lodged in the gullet of one of the pups again and she’d need to extract the length of it from a half choking child, milk and whatever contents they’d managed to consume, soaking into her strands. Nope, not doing that again. Today she wore her shock of crimson hair up high in a ballerina bun.

Not too hard! She gently chided when the silver pup, Tristan, had circled back to bite and “ravage” Lola’s ankle. Guin was quick to join in on the fun, making breathy sounds and snorts when her overly large paws and head had her barrelling forward, colliding like a frantic marshmallow into her mother’s legs. Lola let out a tired laugh, bending over to scoop up the writhing and wriggling beasts under each arm and continuing to walk forward. The pups excitedly licked, whimpered, and whined, trying their damndest to get their tongues to their mother’s mouth, but Lola bent her head back, still laughing when movement in the trees snagged her attention. Curious, she whispered, lowering her playful children to the ground where they promptly engaged in wrestling once more.

She knew and didn’t know this newcomer’s name. The Mani could’ve sworn Alistair had told her before, but most days she was lucky if she remembered to wash her face. So she watched him in silent reverie, the occasionally bundle of fur rolling beneath her or hiding in between her legs before another puppy pounce could commence. The familiar male finally dropped down, letting out a mighty howl that startled her children into sad little whining things, but Lola hunched down to their level and offered her fingers for a good suckle, their spirits returning shortly when she called out to address the giant. Watching you was tiring, she said in “hello”, a soft smile curving her lips. I’m Lola, she introduced herself, straightening up only when the kids got back to “attacking” each other. I take it you’re not the resident monkey?

silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Years of war and bloodshed had developed the man before them into a true, unending, and forever standing, happy man. It was odd how the sound of whining children caused the man to snap his attention to the female and two small children. Then came the blood haired woman who seemed pleased. He was confused as he had seen monkeys but were there monkeys here? With his nostrils flaring and wide as full of curiosity the man scurried for the trees before he dangled from a branch with a single arm looking for any signs of the apes. With a small whine he noticed there were no monkeys. And soon the branch had snapped holding the weight of the giant. With a thud the man landed on his feet chuckling and smiling looking towards the woman " I no find monkeys but if monkey here I would like meet yes?". With a curious look he walked over to the woman sitting down as he watched the pups with a wide and curious grin. He had been a pup but never had he seen one with his adolescent eyes.

Each was adorable and seemed to like fighting. The Greek wished to join them but he would have to address the mother first. With a light cough and childish grin full of optimistic intent the man still seated on the ground extended his hand to the blood haired woman. " Name Lycaon Nonakris nice meet you, who are these little one, your children ye or uh looking after?" So many different outcomes the man had no time to think as it was obvious he was curious about the small children playing before him. With the small clacking of the canine teeth strung around his neck he hoped the small ones wouldn't mind it since Nadia did point out a few found it odd. It didn't matter to the man what other's thought about the teeth since it was to honor the one's fallen by his hands.

Meaning he would never remove them until the day he dies and may join the fallen in Olympus. With another sniff of the blood haired woman he realized that it was her scent on Alistair the day he was accepted. Could these be the two's children. The fact changed nothing it was just a curious thought as he watched the two young wolves wrestle. " I recognize scent your scent on Moon man uh Lune..uh everyone call him Alistair, he nice man and good fighter match close but Spartan never surrender," With a light chuckle he hoped he hadn't offended her as his smile stayed true showing all things said were with a kind understanding heart. In fact the man was very similar to the pup in his innocence and demeanor. His scars showed he was most certainly raised and trained in war but yet he had a pup like attitude towards life living each moment to the fullest and occasionally doing something reckless but was meant with good intentions.

POSTED: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:50 pm

351 words →

The joke had completely gone over his head, but Lola wasn’t one to get frustrated over something so trivial, she simply laughed to herself, covering her scarred lips with a dainty hand when the male launched himself back to the trees and desperately searched for the “monkeys” she’d spoken of. He returned empty handed and a bit dismayed, but her friendly smile returned and she simply nodded in reply to his statement, knowing that explaining her words would only tire her out further, if that was even possible.

She noted the wide grin spreading across his face, and wondered mildly if their newest Cavalier had any family or children himself. Lycaon, ah yes! She thought to herself, now it was all coming back to her. She accepted his hand in greeting and gave it a comforting squeeze back. Alistair had spoken of the Greek who’d found their borders. He’d traveled quite far to get where he was now, much like herself. Yes, she tittered gently, removing her dainty fingers from his welcome grasp, they’re mine.

The children paused from their wrestling squabbles, overlarge ears perking at the sounds coming from this new stranger. His voice wasn’t their father’s, but taking a cue from their mother, they didn’t shy away from him, instead they yapped and barked playfully at his ankles, bodies wiggling to and fro. Go on, she said either to the pups or to Lycaon she wasn’t sure, though both parties seemed quite eager to get to know one another.

Another bright sound of laughter left the Veleno’s lips, Ah the Lune...yes, Alistair is my mate, she explained with a gentle nod, wondering if the tall male had sparred with him. Oh forgive me, her tired mind could betray her, --my name is Lola, and this is Tristan and Guinevere. Of course the pups were too young to know their names just yet, but upon hearing their mother’s voice their babbling sounds of glee increased in volume.

silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Oh the young Lycaon now understood why so many females back home wished for such little ones. But he never got a chance before now to interact with them outside of his own age. And he remembers being small but bigger than most. He was not the runt of his adoptive family. And nor was he the most aggressive. That title went to Apollo, a small coyote with an attitude. Apollo and Lycaon were close friends and he would often attempt to have Lycaon be his shield as the other pups came over to tackle and "Punish" him. But once the young coyote would hide behind the largest all the other pups would whine and back away out of fear. It took awhile for them all to stop arguing and fearing each other. Well except for the Greek giant who tackled and wrestled even in his sleep. TO this day he loved to wrestle for fun. It reminded him of his youth and no one could blame him for that.

Upon the go ahead both parties seemed to wrestle and tussle with one another. Lycaon understanding the size and strength difference he was gentle and played with each child as if they were fragile pieces of art. Although that didn't mean it lacked energy or excitement. As the Greek continued playing and rolling around acting as if he were just one large vocal pup, a voice caught his ears as the other began to grow in excitement. With a wide grin Lycaon looked up and nodded. She had the same name as the superior who looked after him when he was young. Although the woman was a jackal and she had rather dull hair not as memorable as the silver and crimson woman before him. Although they both shared the mothering talents. With a bout of giddy and pup like laughter Lycaon continued rolling on the ground. " Lola, scarlet, mate of moon man, Alistair and mother of Guinevere and Tristan I happy to meet you." Oh the Greek's system of memory was uncanny for its oddity.

A few assumed he was insane or at least off. But in truth the giant was smart and only enjoyed life. He wondered why that was so insane. Could it be possible that all here didn't know the joys of life? Even he was raised as a warrior and only saw war for nearly his whole life until he escaped from Italy to here. So how could he be the only one that sought to live life smiling. Well maybe that's why he was enjoying Kira, Nadia, Cyclops, Scarlet, and these little fur balls so much. It seemed they could enjoy life. with another bout of laughter he smiled at Lola. " I sorry if I weird many here think I strange and they seem worried around me but I promise I nice, I just love living life to fullest," With another smile he looked at the pups. " And maybe have children, if I lucky." With a nod he confirmed his joy of children and continued to play with the pups.

POSTED: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:26 pm

431 words → Sorry for the delay, RL got pretty hectic!

Lola’s tired smile grew into a weary grin. She envied Lycaon for his seemingly endless pull of energy and enthusiasm, but she was grateful that the gentle giant wanted to play with her pups. More often than not, she was much too weary to get on her hands and knees for a proper tussle, and besides, nursing was serious business. Her body was sore most days and staying upright seemed to be the best idea for her current situation. So, she watched and laughed, not at all wary of her new acquaintance and packmate, for after Aedan’s deception, very few had been allowed within their borders as a Cavalier unless they were proven to be trustworthy.

Careful, he bites, she warned with another chuckle, seeing that her more rotund silver boy was aiming to sink milk teeth into his new playmate. Hearing her mother’s voice and using it as a distraction, the clever Guinevere leapt upon Lycaon’s exposed back and buffeted him with her overly large paws. Lola giggled again, pleased to see how even the most scarred and largest of giants could be so docile and warm towards beings he couldn’t hope to rival his stature. The kids didn’t seem to notice how large he was, they were simply enthralled that an adult wanted to wrestle with them in this way. Above her children’s squeaks and barks of enjoyment, she caught Lycaon’s words grinned again. She’d have to tell Alistair he’d been called a “moon man” today, but she’d not correct the newcomer. In fact, she was starting to like his odd wording and peculiar accent. Being foreign was never someone’s fault.

Please, no apology needed, she assured the man with a friendly smile. I think your actions speak louder than words Lycaon, and I already believe you to be a lovely person, she concurred with a nod. She understood why some might feel wary around the male, he was wearing a necklace of canine teeth after all, scarred here and there, and again stood a good three feet taller than her. He was intimidating upon a first glimpse for sure, but Lola had already discovered his soft side. Well you’re a handsome male, I have no doubt you’ll have trouble in that department, she flirted harmlessly. How do you like Casa so far? The Veleno asked, already knowing some were a bit scared of him as he revealed, but she hoped the rest of his stay had been pleasant for the most part.

silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:37 pm

The Giant pretended and faked injury when the young pups attacked him. But as the fight went on it seem that the trio couldn't run out of energy. He would occasionally pin them but only for a second or two since it wouldn't be fun for the little ones if he didn't give them a fighting chance. He listened to the scarlet haired woman as he continued to fight and play with the little ones. Each one seemed to grow more aggressive as Lycaon decided to step up the challenge but still giving them a fighting chance. It was no where near what he would do in a spar but it was a challenge for them and he could see them enjoy it. He always loved the sounds each one made as if they were trying to talk to him. In fact he remembered sounding like that when trying to learn English. Oh those days were horrid but he had grown to appreciate the doors it opened.

Although as he was being complimented he felt a bout of child like giggles break out as he rolled around with the little ones. He had never really been complimented much and it felt nice to be appreciated. Although as far as the department she mentioned it took him a few seconds to translate it in his head and oh, now he understood. He felt even happier knowing another believed he could produce such beautiful children. The man was simply a ball of joy all the way with an already goofy smile. He gently patted the little ones on the head wrestling and tossing, occasionally pinning or feigning another injury from a light paw slap.

Her question about Casa made him smile. He loved this place and would defend with all the strength he had to offer. "I love it, more freedoms than home land..although I born and raised to be warrior literally so I have no choice, I appreciate all freedoms in land and wish not to waste dream all fallen warriors and current ones fighting in homeland dream of," With a grin he decided to tell her what the warrior's dream was. " We all dream of day we could come home and be able to put down weapons so we could enjoy life, not take away another's although we know we necessary so we still fight as hard as we can," He chuckled lightly. " Oh sorry I went off trail didn't I, well it hard not to swim in past sometimes any way I have new brother in land, he small and gray, name is Kira and I have cyclops, moon man, Clara, and Nadia friends all nice and now you three plus many more I haven't met yet.' It was obvious this man believed all had good in them and he wished to find it in everyone.

He was a true optimist

POSTED: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 am

443 words →

Lola settled down on the dusty ground, and for once, wasn’t the least bit perturbed that dirt was getting rubbed into her sleek coat. Normally she’d be wearing her rank cloak or something else that could be used as a buffer between her fur and the earth, but with kids, you had to simply forgo any kind of fashion sense. Tristan had a knack for finding any kind of animal fur that wasn’t canine in nature, and would gum and teeth the precious linings in some garments or absolutely destroy any type of plumage. Guin didn’t seem so fabric driven as her brother, but she could make a right mess of something delicate and to be admired if given the chance.

On the ground, Lola was able to relax a bit and indulge in the sun’s rays, her eyes closing occasionally though she kept a peaking eye on the “action” going on nearby. Lycaon seemed content to wrestle and rough play with the babes, and that was fine by her. There were no squeals or whines of protest, the pups were enjoying it, slowly beginning to see that if they worked together, they’d get the best results from the giant male. His feigned expressions of pain and hurt brought a rueful smile to the Veleno’s lips. This man was meant to have kids some day, and if not anytime soon, well Lola just found another babysitter.

Her eyes reopened to fully focus on the Prova when he started revealing a bit about his past. It was curious, that was for sure. She’d read of this type of treatment in the books she endlessly pursued. Was Lycaon claiming to a gladiator? She couldn’t believe luperci had adopted such a cruelly violent fate for their brothers, hadn’t they learned anything from the histories? Thus, any type of slavery did not sit well in the Veleno’s stomach, but she kept her tongue still.

The male seemed proud of his heritage, if not indulgent to shed more light, so Lola mustered what she hoped was a believable look of encouragement. Freedom is what you’ll continue to have here, she commented, --We only draw blood or cause harm when it’s necessary, but none of truly wish to fight, Lola explained. Ah, I’m glad you’ve met Kira and some of the others, a genuine grin spread across her face, --Friends are easy to come by here. It’s good to hear you’ve been feeling so welcomed. She was familiar with that first sense of belonging, and for a traveler, that was huge.

silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

Dead Topics