Rolie Polie Puppies

P: Drin

POSTED: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:13 pm

It had been several weeks since Drin's litter was born, and so Aspen thought maybe she would like some visitors. She was willing to keep it short, knowing how tiring it was to be a mother. Even with her pups almost three months old, it was still tiring. Besides, it would be a good distraction from the fact that Ascher was gone, and what felt like constant questions of 'when is daddy coming back' when Aspen was not sure he actually was going to.

"Momma can we go yet?" Shore asked, bouncing in front of Aspen, who was getting some food together. She had just finished cooking a rabbit to bring to Drin. While she was sure that Bran was doing an excellent job of providing for her, it just did not feel right to show up empty-handed.

"In a minute," Aspen replied.

"How long is a minute?" Ode asked.

"Not long," Aspen said, covering the chipped plate the rabbit was on with another plate to help keep it hot. "Alright, let's go." Her quiet declaration was met with a chorus of cheers and the puppies bounded towards the door. Aspen balanced the plate on one hand and opened the door. As soon as the gap was large enough, the puppies wiggled out and started down the road.

"Hurry, momma," Shore called back, turning to clumsily walk backwards while looking up at Aspen.

"What did we discuss earlier?" Aspen asked in a slightly admonishing tone, which brought Ode to a halt to look back at her as well. "These puppies are small, so you have to be...?"

"Calm!"

"Quiet!"

"Yes," Aspen replied, catching up to her puppies. "Starting when we get to the door." At her words, the pair bounded off towards Drin's house, a path they knew well already. When they reached the door ahead of Aspen, they planted their butts on the porch, and two wagging tails were the only sign of excitement. When Aspen was sure they would remain calm, she hesitated and then reached up to knock on the door.
Aspen

Myst
Luperci Livestock Manager + Cook + Stable Hand Head of the Starfa Tier
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
because it's all i have today
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:58 pm

.:Ocean Eyes:.
lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
and I will try...to fix you

Palaydrian’s home had been a circus of activity since the Firebringers arrival, but they were still so young and vulnerable, the easiest stage of caring for pups really. They were drunken little toddlers in bodies they couldn’t quite master just yet. No longer blind and deaf to their surroundings, they used their limited eyesight and hearing to get around. However, the siamese mother still considered this the lazy phase, the time when she could truly bond with her little bean babies, as she didn’t need to go chasing them around that much and they often grew tired, using up quick bursts of energy to explore their new surroundings. Bran was still a bit nervous and fidgety around them, preferring to stay busy by keeping the pantry well stocked, their fire burning, and providing his mate with updates of what was going on outdoors, just a little too eager and nervous to stick around being idle for too long.

So, it was just Drin and the kids again for the afternoon, but she didn’t mind the bit of quiet once the pups had nursed and fell into thick milk dreams. She was arranging them in the bassinet of furs and wool when the soft knock came at her door. Tucking Izrian in just right and running her fingertips over Ahti’s brow, she spun around and crossed to the doorway, opening it upon a friendly face, and her two beautiful daughters.

Come in, come in! She said in an excited, yet hushed tone, a smile curving her lips as she ushered the family inside her home’s glow. I just put the babies down for a quick nap, but Shore and Ode are welcome to look in at them, she explained, creeping towards the cradle Jiva had made for them when they had been first expecting the twins. Something smells good, the Aor Vald remarked, eyeing the covered plate in Aspen’s arms knowingly. The Starfa had brought her a cooked meal before and Drin had no doubt her friend was repeating the generous offer again, a selfless gift that made the siamese female love the other even more.

ooc:. form:.optime wc:.381
the angel opened her eyes
Ascend to A Chosen Path = ValdEarn A Co-Rank = FalconerEarn A Co-Rank = MedicEarn A Co-Rank = ApothecaryCelebrate A Norse Holiday = OstaraTrade With Another Pack = Sangi'lakTeach The Aeska = Valerian CoeurHave Pups = Tyris Kurosoul & Taro KurosoulConvert To The Norse ReligionGain A Mate = Jiva TakekuroBecome a Council Member = Áðr ValdOrganise A Pack Activity = "Culling the Herd"Have Pups = Dagr SoulGain A Mate = Bran StormbringerBecome A Grandparent = Bjorn Moineau, Juno Kurosoul, & Robin MoineauHave Pups = Ahti Firebringer, Akara Firebringer, Izrian Firebringer, & Sylven Firebringer

X-tian
Luperci The gods will always smile on brave women... I Am Iron And I Forge Myself
the fallen angel
OF BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
spreads her wings
and FLIES

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 pm

As Drin opened the door, the puppies’ tails wagged even more quickly, though they remained seated and Aspen smiled. Her friend seemed to thrive on the periodic chaos of four puppies. Aspen could not imagine handling it herself; two was plenty for her. Then again, Drin had plenty of experience being a mother, and she was very good at it. The small group stepped inside and Aspen nodded when Drin mentioned that her puppies were napping - that was a very common occurrence with them, and she had half expected it.

"Oh, that's oka-" Aspen started to say, following along behind Drin, but she was interrupted by a somewhat quiet pair of disappointed 'aww's from the puppies at her feet. They seemed to have forgotten just how much they slept just a month ago, and how much they still slept now. She looked at each of them, who ducked their heads in turn before starting to sniff around a bit, being nosey as puppies always were while Aspen. She watched them for a moment, making sure they wouldn’t be getting into anything they shouldn’t right away before looking back at Drin.

"Oh, y-yes, I thought you might be too busy to cook," Aspen said quietly. "I mean I'm sure Bran has been bringing food, but I figured..." She trailed off, realizing she had been rambling a bit and instead lifted the top plate off, causing the wafting smell to grow stronger and attracted her own pup's attention. "I um, I brought rabbit this time." Ode and Shore turned back towards the adults, eyes on the plate, though Aspen ignored them for the moment. They had already eaten just a little while ago.

"Um, so, how have things been going?" Aspen asked as the puppies wandered off to explore again. "Remember to be quiet, you two," Aspen warned them in a hushed tone.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:17 pm

and ignite your bones

Hearing the joint disappointment come from Aspen’s children’s mouth put a grin on Palaydrian’s face, she stifled a chuckle after noticing the look her friend gave them, scattering the two to go exploring in her spacious house. Her smiling eyes returned to Aspen, breathing in an exaggerated breath to welcome the delicious scent of something good. It wasn’t fish this time Drin decided, listening to the Starfa Rikr’s explanation with polite anticipation. Well, you’re a much better cook than Bran, the Aor Vald assured her with a grin, not bothered in the slightest by Aspen’s nervous manner, as she was quite accustomed to it by now.

In reality, her Araedi mate was actually quite skilled by the hearth, but his expertise seemed to lay with stews and soups. Aspen had a knack for melding herbs with that of land or sea animal, a practice Palaydrian had just recently begun delving into, but with her hands full of babes again, cooking truly wasn’t at the top of her to do list. Mmmm, that looks amazing! She answered, along with the grumbling agreement of her stomach. The Aor giggled, beckoning her friend to sit down at her dining room table whilst the girls continued feasting their curiosities.

They’ve been well, for the most part, Drin answered, smiling slightly when Aspen chided her pups who now chose to slink closer to the basinet. She pinched off some of the rabbit meat, and closed her mouth to savor the flavors. You really have to show me what herbs you use, Palaydrian continued after swallowing the yummy morsel. The pups get into everything these days, we can’t leave anything around that they might chew on, she snickered, remembering Bran’s look of horror when he’d discovered the half eaten and completely destroyed wood carving he’d been trying to work into a bird sculpture. Now the figure was missing a wing.

ooc:. form:.optime wc:.353
Ascend to A Chosen Path = ValdEarn A Co-Rank = FalconerEarn A Co-Rank = MedicEarn A Co-Rank = ApothecaryCelebrate A Norse Holiday = OstaraTrade With Another Pack = Sangi'lakTeach The Aeska = Valerian CoeurHave Pups = Tyris Kurosoul & Taro KurosoulConvert To The Norse ReligionGain A Mate = Jiva TakekuroBecome a Council Member = Áðr ValdOrganise A Pack Activity = "Culling the Herd"Have Pups = Dagr SoulGain A Mate = Bran StormbringerBecome A Grandparent = Bjorn Moineau, Juno Kurosoul, & Robin MoineauHave Pups = Ahti Firebringer, Akara Firebringer, Izrian Firebringer, & Sylven Firebringer

X-tian
Luperci The gods will always smile on brave women... I Am Iron And I Forge Myself
the fallen angel
OF BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
spreads her wings
and FLIES

POSTED: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Aspen set the food down on the table where Drin gestured and set the lid plate down as quietly as she could as well. “I can do that,” Aspen nodded. She didn’t often give cooking lessons of any kind, mainly because she found that most of her packmates seemed more interested in eating the food than the cooking process, which suited her just fine; she didn’t necessarily know them well enough to be comfortable with their attention solely on her. Drin, however, she would be fine with.

“I um, have that problem too,” Aspen replied with a quiet laugh. “I have to keep most things up on my shelf. Um, I used to be able to use the table but now they can jump that high.” It had been a while since she’d been able to keep things away from them by simply placing them in the middle of the table Taro had made for her. Out of sight, out of mind didn’t seem to work as well anymore, either.

Aspen reached out to take a piece of the food when there was a bit of commotion coming from across the room. She looked over and her eyes widened at what she saw.

“We’re not supposed to-” Ode’s loud whisper was cut off by Shore’s, who was becoming the more dominant of the pair by far.

“Shh or we’re gonna get in trouble! Now, I wanna look first!” And before Aspen could stop her, her smoky colored daughter was up on her back paws, doing her best to peer into the bassinet at the Drin’s puppies.

“Get down!” Aspen said in an oddly commanding, though still quiet voice. It was something she’d discovered she could do when it came to her daughters and livestock, but that was as far as her demanding tone went. Her daughters scrambled away from the bassinet.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:34 pm

and ignite your bones

Palaydrian was happy to hear that Aspen would be willing to teach her a few tricks. Most of the cooking she did on her own, was from a little experimentation with her herbs. She hadn’t had someone to learn from before, but was hopeful that the cloudy hued female could help her out in that department. Not that her family or mate had ever complained about her cooking, she simply wanted to better herself, and if Aspen knew the specific herbs or spices she could use, then why not seek out a little help?

Shelves, huh? The Aor Vald chuckled, nodding her head in agreement when Aspen mentioned the table. My boys were on this in no time, she continued, wrapping her knuckles gently against the tabletop, it would only be a matter of time before the group of four would be clambering up on the smooth benches as well. She’d have to see if Bran could make her a few shelves instead.

Drin’s attention moved to the vehement whisperings of Aspen’s girls, followed by an amused smile tugging at the corners of her mouth when Starfa Rikr suddenly ordered them in a stern voice. She masked it by biting down on her lip and watching the gentle sway of the bassinet swinging back into place. 1...2… she counted in her head before the dark masked face of Sylven appeared, following by the drowsy looking Izrian.

Instead of being upset, Drin only chuckled, rising from the bench to cross over to the basket. They can nap later, she explained, reaching in to pluck the awakening bodies from their warm swaddling and placing them on the ground. It’s okay, the siamese viking assured the slightly cowed girls as her own pups began sniffing the air and making sounds of excitement to meet new faces.

ooc:. form:.optime wc:.322

X-tian
the fallen angel
OF BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
spreads her wings
and FLIES

POSTED: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Her admonition was too late and Aspen’s ears flattened as the bassinet gently rocked. Sure enough, a pair of sleepy faces popped up. Shore and Ode’s ears tucked back as well, though not as far as Aspen’s and they hunched down a little as Drin crossed the room to tend to her puppies. It only a matter of seconds, though, that their curiosity took over as Drin set her puppies on the floor for them to meet.

“Sorry about that,” Aspen mumbled, despite Drin’s lack of outward annoyance. Although Aspen wouldn’t have shown it either, she would have felt a little irritated if someone had woken up her puppies; she found two to be exhausting and she couldn’t imagine having to take care of four and have them disturbed like this. She watched carefully as Shore and then Ode cautiously approached Sylven. Shore’s tail was up and her posture already slightly dominant as she pushed in front of Ode.

“Careful,” she warned when it looked like Shore was being a little too eager. She didn’t want her daughter to have woken up and knocked down one of Drin’s puppies. Shore acquiesced and backed off a little bit as Ode started sniffing around at the others.

“They’re so little!” Shore said, turning to look at Aspen as she spoke, then back to Sylven, lest he managed to get ahold of her ear or something. Aspen laughed quietly and figured reminding Shore that she was, in fact, not that much bigger than them was not necessary. And, it hadn’t been that long ago when she was their size.

“They’re adorable, Drin,” Aspen said to her friend, standing as well so that she could walk over and sit on the floor in front of them. She wanted them to get to know and be comfortable with her own scent as well as that of her daughters.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:08 pm

and ignite your bones

And so, the excited babbling began! Blurs of puppy tails fanned and beat the ground while little dwarf paws pranced forward and back, four curious little noses working to catch the scents of the newest souls who’d entered their home. Izrian normally being her bravest, Palaydrian was a bit surprised when her tiny doppelganger, Sylven, pushed past his sister boisterous instead, squeaking his hello’s in toddler babble to Aspen’s girls. The Aor Vald giggled, lowering herself to a comfortable sitting position as well and watching as the activity transpired.

It’s no problem, she assured her friend in a soft tone, slightly amused when the Starfa warned her girls against being too eager. Drin appreciated the gentle instruction, while puppies were fairly resilient, she didn’t want any accidents today. Her grin spread wide at Shore’s comment. Yes, just like you were once! And upon hearing her voice, Akara moved away from her siblings and wiggle ran towards her mother’s folded legs. These are your cousins, they’re our family. She whispered, enfolding the chocolatey female in her hands and allowing her to teeth on a thumb.

Thank you, the Aor Vald gushed, starting to nudge her daughter towards the seated Aspen so she wouldn’t continue shying away from the meeting situation. This is Akara, Drin began introductions, pleased to see her spitting image of Bran was already beginning to warm up to another adult. That’s Izrian, Ahti, and Sylven, she explained, pointing out each child with their name. Sylven’s babbling had turned into incessant barks, and annoyed with the sound, Ahti jumped his tail and Izrian bit his rump.

Drin’s hand shot out to dislodge tiny milk teeth from Sylven’s backside before Izrian could claim whimpers of pain from her brother, and in the same movement, she scooped the pale female into her hands and deposited her at Akara’s side. The two girls quickly became distracted with sniffing at Aspen. Sometimes I feel like I need more arms! She joked.

ooc:. form:.optime wc:.381

X-tian
the fallen angel
OF BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
spreads her wings
and FLIES

POSTED: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:52 am

Shore huffed in response to Drin’s answer and seemed to prefer to ignore the fact that she was once this little. Right now, she was bigger, and that’s what mattered. Aspen was sure that most of the puppies would eventually be larger than her, mainly based on their parents sizes versus her own size.

Aspen watched all the commotion and her eyes slowly widened while she took it all in. She absolutely could not imagine having this many puppies. It would be twice as much work as her two girls, and she often felt overwhelmed by them. In fact, just watching everything going on was beginning to make her a bit uneasy. Luckily Drin continued talking to her and it gave Aspen something else to concentrate on.

She nodded as each puppy was introduced and would do her best to remember all the names and match each with the correct puppy. Aspen held her hands out so that the puppies could smell them and get used to her scent; she figured they should since she would likely be around a lot with her puppies. As Sylven barked, Shore stared at him a bit wide eyed, and she glanced back at Aspen a few times as if wondering what she was supposed to do.

“Uh-oh,” she whispered with a small smile as the puppies got annoyed with Sylven’s barking and reacted to him. “I bet!” Aspen said as Drin separated them. Ode moved back over by her so she could hesitantly sniff at the puppies without her bossy sister trying to push her around. “I’m um, sure they keep you quite busy,” Aspen said while putting an affectionate hand on Ode’s back.

“It’s okay, I’m sure they won’t bite you too,” Aspen told Ode, who moved a little closer to them. For her part, Shore was still focused on Sylven and stood up so she could assume a play bow with her tail wagging in the air. Maybe he would want to play a little.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:50 pm

and ignite your bones

I’ll be happy when the teething phase is over, Palaydrian admitted with a soft smile, it’s the biting that can get a bit tiring, but you know me-- she was starting to giggle again, --I’ve always had a full house! A prompt nod followed her words before she gently poked Akara forward. Being the shyest pup of the litter, it was no surprise that Akara tended to cling more towards her mother and father, but Aspen was an adult as well, and she was slowly learning that adults could be trusted. She allowed Izrian to muscle her a bit out of the way and to be the first one to stick a wet nose in Aspen’s offered hand, but tentatively and with another prod from her mom, she finally began sniffing excitedly around Ode’s legs.

There we go, Drin whispered in encouragement, slowly nodding her head in agreement with her friend’s words. The girls won’t, Drin further assured Aspen’s daughter, and as if she wanted to bolster her mother’s words, Izrian gently licked at Aspen’s hand before offering a puppy tongue to Ode. I hope you don’t mind kisses! Drin gently teased, laughing when Akara joined in on the showering of affection though conscious of her two boys were more than willing to pounce on Shore if she allowed them.

Ahti gave a challenging bark, mimicking the older female’s stance before his tongue lolled out happily to the side. Seeing his opportunity to pounce, Sylven collided into his brother’s side and began to chew and bite at the grey furrred pup’s soft ears. Not to be bested by his smaller sibling, and much more interested in the other potential playmate, Ahti wiggled away from Sylven and barked in play to Shore again. Oh, did I mention the noise? Drin looked apologetically towards Aspen, but couldn’t help herself from laughing at the three.

ooc:. form:.optime wc:.360

X-tian
the fallen angel
OF BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
spreads her wings
and FLIES

Dead Topics