Snakes come out at night

Hart Pond | AW | one or two please?

POSTED: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 pm

mid-day, Carya is on a bit of a rampage upset from recent events going on in her life <3

Pissed. That was how she was feeling. White hands gripped her horses reigns and she pulled them forwards, casually brushing out the coats, one by one. First was Ru, and he calmed himself- steadily watching Carrie with a guardians gaze as she wet his coat using a bucket and water from the Pond, pausing ever so often to scrub a dirty spot on her dusty gelding. Her blue eyes looked towards her other horses, the stallion with his wounds mostly healed, still unnamed. And her mare, Fretta, pretty and black like the midnight skies, always glancing at her with a casual look of impatience.

Iris and Loch were spending more and more time together, as the rumors went, an Carya felt the jealousy rise deep within her core- blue eyes fiery with passion. Youve got Bel though. she told herself, thinking about his coyote form and harsh golden eyes. youre not Lochlan though. she thought to herself, eyes pulled downwards to her stomach where jus weeks ago, she could have sworn she was dying, because of the amount of blood that pressed between her legs. But, of course, she had hit her cycle and aimed to speak with Lochlan only resulting in him acting rather strange towards her, and her leaving for fears of pregnancy.

Ears twitched and her hands worked circular motions on the horses back as she scrubbed, getting a small neigh in pleasure. A smile pulled at her lips and she gently walked back towards the pond to refill her bucket. Upon refilling it she untied the other horses from their tree and let Fretta lead the stallion about, with a small tie to her reigns with the rope around his neck, Ru waited patiently and when Carrie was done bathing him, returned to grazing not too far off from Fretta and the stallion. Making a kissing noise, she called to Fretta who lifted her head and brought the stallion with her. Slowly, she removed the stallion and tied him to Ru's lead, holding Fretta's lead in one hand, and pouring water on her back with the other.

It was a cool afternoon day, and her mind worked rapidly as she brushed her fingers through her short coat.
Carya is always in Optime, unless otherwise stated

Carya is usually accompanied by her horses unless otherwise stated

POSTED: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Niruin returned faster than expected, circling the air once before darting back in the direction he came. Knowing well how little the hawk chose to communicate, Farina interpreted the action as a signal and followed at more leisurely a pace.

The hawk had been requested to scout for an early dinner, but the lack of urgency in his return and quick departure again hinted at something else of interest discovered instead. Stomach nearing a noisy phase Farina strode Vináttan grounds benevolent and uninhibited by responsibilities at present. With Niruin, she was feral, wild; Araedi obligations were set aside until an emergency or until her restlessness subsided.

The presence of Carya was enough to push aside her hunger and love for freedom, however, and Farina approached the rather testy-looking Starfa with a cautious step. "Carya? Hey, you all right?"

Lin
Luperci Falconer + Diplomat
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:43 am

yay! Farina <3

The large black figure approached, hair short and eyes as black as night but something else was in her eyes. The Starfa rose her head and swished her tail back and forth, eyes watching Farina from the corner of her eyes as she turned to finish washing Fretta, the small smile faded as Fari asked Carya the question that Carya had actually been avoiding herself.

Nothin'... a pause, she flickered her tail and motioned for Fari to come help her if she would, eyes begging her to understand. a lot. she admitted eyes dropping to her feet, white and cream ears flickering on her skull. She say in silence moving her hands over the horses body gently, eyes wavering lightly on Fari for a few then switching it up and wavering on the horse again. Breaking the silence, she lowered her ears voice cautious. Farina. voice threatened to crack, but instead she cleared her throat.

Yer one of meh best friends, ya know that? looking at the Haki child from the corners of her eyes, all Carya really needed was strength and someone to help her realize she was just being stupid.

POSTED: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:19 am

Not the most in tune with others' emotions was Farina, but Carya did not make it difficult at all to see something was amiss. Angled sandy bangs moved out of the frame of her face when she tilted her head, and without comment Farina took to the Aston's side as quietly requested and awaited a direction to help.

It didn't come. Carya, unstable like the last leaves of autumn, shook and fidgeted and cracked, then avoided once more to speak that which ailed her so.

The vin Haki, fully sobered, watched her friend stiffly. "I know," she replied, unfaltering in presence unlike the humbled and troubled Carya. Then, without holding her breath, Farina opened up her arms as if to await an embrace. "Come here. Talk to me."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:48 am

Something was wrong with Carya. It was aniss, she couldn't handle herself let alone anything, or anyone else. She awaited Farina and as she approached her she calmly held her breath, realizing she was wrong everything was wrong. Casually Farina spoke to her, her words delicate and yet somehow knowing, she paused, knowingly knowing that Farina knew what was wrong, and she openly turned to the Haki child, as she opened her arms and beckoned Carya towards Farina.

She embraced her, arms tightly hugging her form and constricting her hugging her tightly around the beck, breath releasing raggedly, tears on the brim of her eyes. Ears tucked against her head and her horses were completely forgot about. I just don't know what to say. she almost cried, her voice to a whisper. Carya would not release the Haki female, her light tones a complete opposite to the blacks of Farina. Ying and yang, that's almost how It felt.

POSTED: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Surprisingly gentle despite her size and muscle, Farina wrapped black and copper arms around her childhood friend and waited, allowing her mass to support the tiny Carya made fragile like glass in such a state. In a rare glimpse of restraint Farina held shut her mouth and allowed the Aston to waver to tears and explanation or cement herself into the opposite.

A resentment for something unknown, for whatever or whomever had brought about this despair to her friend, surfaced within her chest in the form of bubbling anger and a terrible vengeance. Carya rewarded no targets for her anger still. Concern and impatience began to take their toll: What if there had been loners about? What if someone had hurt her just as before?

What if Farina had failed to protect her as an Araedi Rikr?

Following a long and deep sigh, the vin Haki squeezed her friend once then separated, hands steadfast on the Aston's shoulders unless she were to shy away. "Then just say anything, I don't care. Who hurt you? What's happened?"

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Farina held her close to her Black and Tan arms suddenly soft, and the Aston female enjoyed their proximity. Lips curled upwards in a half-smile as she could hear the vin Haki's heart beat. It was a miraculous thing, and Carya felt pleased to have these few moments with her, like a gentle giant- Farina held Carya like a fragile flower.

Farina spoke, and this time she pulled away from Carya only to leave Carya flipping her arms down at her aide and head hung a bit, tears pressed on her eyes, she dare not look into hose beady eyes of Farina. What happened? Who hurt her? Carya glanced up probably just as baffled as Farina, and only gave a short laugh. No one hurt meh... a short sigh, at least not physically. Carya admitted, hands folding over her stomach an eyes tracing the outlines of Farina.

I started my heat... her voice was a mere whisper and she almost started crying again, almost. I feel... Torn, in a sense. Like, well... I like Lochlan, but it's weird because I know he and Iris are together now, and... she trailed off sighing Once more. I kinda been seeing someone not from Vinatta. could Carya entrust Farina with the name of her "man", or was that asking too much? but like.... I like girls too, and I did them pretty and attractive. really attractive. the last admittance was blurted out and she grabbed Farina's arms, looking into her eyes.

Ive been so confused and it's making me depressed, and not myself. her words were low, and as she glanced into Farina's eyes again, it would seem as though she were pleading with her to understand, and help her.

POSTED: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:24 am

I love Farina.

She should have been relieved that Carya had not been attacked again—that scar down the side of her face was not going to fade, was it?—but the vin Haki frowned and knitted her brows. More talk of Lochlan and pulled heartstrings fell from the Aston's mouth, and it took considerable resistance for the Araedi to keep from sighing. These were things she had been fretting about months ago. "Carya," she said, stark, "how is that still a problem?"

But mention of an out-of-tribe lover was news, not to mention a sway towards the same gender. Where Farina perhaps should have clued into the enunciation and added squeeze on her arm, she considered instead how homosexuality made sense for Carya, considering her two mothers, and wondered why it had taken so long for the Aston to figure out.

"Oh, I see," she said, clearly deliberating. Was there a mindful way to advise on such situation? Farina could not think of a time she suffered the same trouble. "Yeah, well, I'd be wrecked about that, too."

"So your heat's making it worse," continued the blunt vin Haki, patting an oblivious but caring hand atop the white fingers clutching her arm. "Doesn't mean it's all not legitimate, though. But I mean—let's be real, Carya. Lochlan's not doing you any favors. You're fucking great, I mean, and if he's too stupid to figure that out, he's not worth your time anymore and it's his damn loss. That's what I think."

The sigh came out at last. "I don't know how I feel about you sneaking out by yourself to see that other guy, though, not that I don't get it. You could get hurt again."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

POSTED: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:46 am

Farina was her best friend, and one who's opinions mattered, and that the Aston valued highly. When she questioned how it was still a problem she simply flattened her ears and glanced away from the brute female. She was right, how was this still a problem? Becsuse he's my first love....? she whispered barely audible enough for Farina to hear it.

Farina accepted her, and clutched her arm with fingers large enough to strangle her. Right now, they were kind and understanding and Carrie could only gulp down her lump, blink back the tears, flatten her ears, reach out a white hand to clutch her friends black elbow, and nod her head. The subject touched a more sensitive matter and Carrie flickered her ears in response.

Im not that great, Farina. her voice was kuhhtly rented with haste towards herself. Who would want to hurt someone already tainted by the evil Loki himself? her voice dropped a tone and her heart skipped a beat. So, here it was at last! Carya was hating herself for what had happened to her, thinking it to be all her fault. If I weren't so stupid, Lochlan may have still been here. Maybe.... Maybe I wouldn't have been tortured and cut and beat and broken... she trailed off grip tightening onto Farina's elbow teeth clutching and words bitter.

POSTED: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:27 am

The prospect of a "first" love meant nothing to Farina. "By saying that you're just admitting how immature you're being," she said, not hurtfully but resigned. In a matter of moments the Aston's end of the conversation had turned from concerning, concrete troubles with plausible solutions to whining, self-demeaning bullshit, and with the thinning of her eyes Farina evidenced her dissatisfaction.

Her arms folded. "Well, fuck that." Black, shining fur bristled at her neck unconsciously, stirred by discomfort. Catching herself in such posture and declining mood the vin Haki loosened and shook off the irritation, instead gripping tight the Aston's shoulders as if to hold her on her feet should the breaking Carya allow her support.

"You're not stupid," she said, "and who the hell cares about some god? He's not running your head. If you think you're being stupid, then stop being stupid!"

Biting tongue in efforts for restraint, she continued at more controlled a volume. "Can't you hear what you're saying? All you've done all these months is pity yourself. When are you going to stop being anxious about your problems and actually do something about them?"

"I mean," said Farina, despairing over word choice, "everyone makes mistakes, right? You can't just, just keep living in them forever."

Lin
OCTARINA OF TIME

Dead Topics