make a home for yourself

[calla]

POSTED: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 am

514 Wayne is the Luperci in the picture, for reference, since I know you don't know him. :D I know this isn't what we planned, exactly, but I had trouble starting the other way. x__x I guess Calla can bump into them on the way to the courthouse? C:

Wayne is by Nat!

You ain’t been sleepin’ well, came the obnoxious drawl from the mongrel cowboy, brown eyes falling lazily upon the coyote youth with all the knowledge in the world. Ain’t found a comfy bed yet, slick?

Lowry flattened his ears bad-temperedly and rubbed at his eyes. He had to admit that he’d not had the best of nights since he’d joined Casa di Cavalieri, but that was only because he’d been flitting around outside pack territory at night, rather than claiming a room for himself in the courthouse. He didn’t want to explain himself, but he knew he couldn’t lie, because Wayne probably knew everything anyway. All he could do was scowl and go back to brushing the dust from the chestnut colt’s fur.

Wayne thankfully wandered off after that quip, though, leading his favorite mare Gypsy back to the stalls after her own grooming session. Okay, time to skedaddle, the Prova informed Bark. The young horse whickered happily and leaned into the brush when the canine hit a particularly itchy spot, and Lowry grinned. This was the only reason he’d tolerate being around the snarky Labrador; he’d taken a liking to Bark, and he wanted to spend more time with him even if it meant helping the stablemaster around the horses. He was also learning the basics about them, which was good; Casa di Cavalieri seemed to have a ton of horses.

And a ton of members, which was the reason Lowry was avoiding his pack mates and even the territory more often than not. After being accepted, he’d explored a little but mostly stayed out in the forest. He couldn’t call it shyness, exactly, but he was anxious about meeting more of the Casa warriors and seeing how he measured up. He was nervous that he wouldn’t be right for the pack, and that an especially tall and muscled wolf would kick his ass and send him out of there anyway.

He sighed and let the brush fall into the bucket, giving Bark a pat. He grabbed his halter even as the horse lipped at his spiky hair, and then jumped when Wayne appeared again, reaching out to take the colt from him. He gestured for the boy to follow, and Lowry did, reluctantly, only to be shocked at the man’s next words: We’re gonna find you a room.

Lowry blushed, feeling his big ’yotish ears heat up. What makes you think I don’t have one? he stammered, and gave up when the dusty-yellow cur glanced at him sternly. Okay, okay. I’m just—overwhelmed still, he admitted. There’s a lot that I need to learn about the pack, and I don’t know where to start.

Wayne grunted. We’ll start with findin’ ya a room. Sleep outside any longer an’ yer liable t’ bring in fleas. His words were admonishing, almost mocking, but almost—amused, maybe? Teasing? Lowry wasn’t used to the good kind of teasing, so it mostly went over his head and made him scowl and stomp as they walked toward the great courthouse in the midst of Casa di Cavalieri territory.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm

[html]<div class="Holder"><div class="Calla">
<p><b>OOC:</b> <p><b>Form:</b>Optime/Secui/Lupus</p><p><b>Word Count:</b> +431 </p>
<p></p>

<p>Calla walked out the door from the court house yawning, She hadn't been feeling that well so she would normally sleep in. Walking out into the light she looked around, she had been meaning to explore Casa more, letting out a soft sigh she stretched. Spotting two approaching males she brought her ears back, she still felt like an outsider and the two males she didn't know. Looking down at herself she felt shy since she didn't have any clothes. Curling her tail around her to cover herself shyly she went back into hiding in the court house. </p><p> Keeping her ears perked she waited to see what they were saying, At the mention of fleas she stepped into the open hugging her tail tightly she looked at the Dusty colored Lab and then tilted her head, seeing the other male she smiled lightly <b>"Hello you two,"</b> she said in a shy tone. <b>"I-I'm Calla."</b> she said in a soft voice keeping her ears back. <b>"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you both.."</b> she said with a sigh. Looking at them both she smiled lightly flicking her tail happily <b>"If you need me, I'll be in the third room to the left in the court house,"</b> she said smiling a little. <b>"If you really do need a room, There is a room two doors down from mine."</b> she said in a soft shy tone. </p> <p>Turning to go back to her room she kept herself covered shyly as she looked back at the two males she went to sit on her favorite chair near the window. She really wasn't one to talk to others for very long unless they were the one starting the conversation. She looked out the window listening to the birds sing off in the distance as she sighed softly. She felt like such an outsider, and she was much to shy to ask someone for clothes or even talk to others. She wanted to be able to walk around without having to cover herself all the time.</p><p> Looking down she said out loud without even thinking <b>"I wish I had clothes.."</b> Hugging her tail to her sadly she looked out the window watching as a bird landed on the window pane, smiling lightly she reached out to touch the glass tapping on it as the bird flew away. Part of her wished she had friends to talk to or even a pet, but no one really wanted her around and she wasn't even sure she was wanted in the pack.</p>

</div>
</div>
<style>
.Holder {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}
.Calla{ background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/hUXiR.jpg'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center top; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:270px 0px 15px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:4px solid black; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #000000;}
.Calla b {color:#99CCFF; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.Calla p { color:#0066CC; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
</style>
[/html]

Miranda
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2013 Champ!
innocence is cute

POSTED: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 am

488 I absolutely love playing out Lowry's dorkiness, haha. He's such a kid.

Lowry is by Nat!

The males approached the building in the middle of the fort when a canine shape stepped outside to greet them. It spooked Lowry for a moment, but when he laid eyes on the slim dark woman he forgot all about that. She looked shy and submissive, hanging onto her tail for dear life, her body drawn back uncertainly. It kindled an immediate protective spark in Lowry, who was about as naïve as anything. Shy maidens such as this were always in need of protection in the stories and poems, though, and he wanted nothing more than to be a hero.

Wayne seemed less impressed by the cripplingly shy body language, instead looking her over without interest and stuffing his hands in his pockets. His squared-off muzzle bore a frown as it usually did, but he let it dip in a nod. Wayne, he stated, and moved on to a question that was more small talk than a real question: Yer new here, ain’t ya?

The straw-colored coyote was ready to pounce on the chance to introduce herself, but the woman named Calla continued to speak softly, apologizing for bothering them, and dropping a hint about her room and a free one nearby. That said, she disappeared, her pretty blue eyes flicking over her shoulder back at them.

Tease, Wayne said coldly, under his breath, and Lowry snapped his teeth on the open air in frustration.

She looked genuine! If she’s dropping hints she just wants one of us to come and talk to her and—I don’t know, be her friend. Just because you don’t have any friends doesn’t mean you have to assume everyone’s out for themselves and their stupid wishes. He snorted loudly, his temper flickering down. What do you have against women, anyway? You give all of ’em the stink eye once they look away.

The Labrador scowled harder. You know nothing, whelp.

Whatever lecture was bound to follow, Lowry was having none of it. He glowered petulantly at the taller, older man then whipped around to trot into the courthouse. It wasn’t hard to follow the female’s scent, and he finally came upon her open room, his smile hopeful. When he stuck his big-eared head into the doorway, though, it was to hear a regretful sigh and a light tap on the window.

Hi, the spiky-haired boy said, grinning lopsidedly. I don’t think you need clothes, you look pretty without them, he added without thinking, and then his mind jumped to why she might think he needed him. Quickly, he held his hands out as if to shove that statement aside. I—uh—I didn’t mean it like that, honest. I just meant it’d cover up your pretty fur and—and—well, I’m not wearing anything but this belt, and if you want clothes we should go get some for you because I don’t want to see you sad like that, he absolutely sputtered.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:02 am

[html]
<div class="Holder1">
<div class="Calla1"><p><b>Form::</b>Optime <b>(236+)</b></p>
<p>Calla brought her ears back sadly as she heard the straw colored dog call her a tease. She was only being nice but apparently the jerk didn't know kindness when it bit him in the butt. Looking out the window sadly she sighed, but then she heard the other wolf stand up for her. It was the first time ever in her life that someone stood up for her before. She perked her ears hearing a greeting, turning to see the spiky haired wolf she kept her ears back <b>"Hello again."</b> she said sadly.</p><p> Hearing the wolf call her pretty she looked down shyly <b>"You.. think I'm pretty?"</b> she asked her blue eyes searching the wolfs face for any sign of him lieing. Perking her ears up shyly she hugged her tail tightly <b>"Well.. I just.. Think of it this way, In my case, If a guy wanted to have his way with me and with me being without clothes."</b> she said in a soft voice <b>"I would be an easy target for rape."</b> she said flicking her tail slightly <b>"You would really help me get clothes?"</b> she asked letting go of her tail as it wagged happily<b> "I wouldn't even know where to start looking for clothes.."</b> she said in a soft voice. Getting up she walked over to him and hugged him tightly <b>"Thanks for cheering me up."</b> she said happily.</p>

<p></p><p>Calla Walks, <b>Talks</b> <i>And Thinks</i>
</div>
</div>

<style>
.Holder1 {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}
.Calla1{ background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/P96gm.jpg'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center top; background-color:#571B7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:260px 0px 15px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:10px; border:4px solid black; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #000000;}
.Calla1 b {color:#895fa4; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.Calla1 p { color:#98AFC7; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; }
.wc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; }
.ooc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center; font-style: italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 15px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; }

</style>
[/html]

Miranda
innocence is cute

POSTED: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 pm

519 I don't know why, but I like writing long posts for this thread! :)

Lowry is by Nat!

Lowry was more or less clueless about the girl’s apparent sadness. He hadn’t thought she would hear what Wayne had said, as the dog hybrid had muttered it very quietly under his breath. Instead, she was simply staring out the window, melancholy, sighing, the picture of a sad maiden in the books waiting for a knight to rescue her. It might have seemed odd to someone more realistic—like, say, Wayne—but Lowry had grown up in his fairy tales, and the lines between fantasy and real life had become very blended.

The dark wolf shyly accepted his compliment but searched his face, and Lowry smiled gently at her. Of course, he said, abandoning all his boyish stammering almost for the voice he told stories in. He hoped he sounded more mature like this, more sincere. Your eyes are beautiful, he said, glancing into them, and your fur, your hair. He realized this might sound like some cheesy romantic overture, and guessed he should probably dial it back. He really wanted her to feel happy, and to know that she was pretty, but he barely knew her. He just wanted to protect her, and that came from naïve hopes and dreams of belonging more than it did something deep and meaningful.

Still holding onto her tail like it was a barrier, she explained one reason for clothes. The way she dropped that—that word into the sentence made him jolt, and he wondered if something had happened to her, his heart hammering in his chest. He knew what Wayne would say in this situation, really, and couldn’t help but stammer it out.

I don’t think—I don’t think clothes would—would stop anyone from—trying th-that, he tried to say, his voice cracking slightly. The topic made him extremely uncomfortable; touched by innocence as he was, there were things he was afraid to ever imagine. But you—you don’t have to worry about that, you shouldn’t ever. You’re here, right? Casa di Cavalieri, where there are a dozen warriors who will train you and protect you. I’ll protect you, he added childishly, though he knew he probably couldn’t.

He still nodded when she asked if he’d get her clothes, though, because who was he to deny her when she looked so sad? If it would make her feel safer, and prettier, then he’d do his best to help her. I’m sure we can find something! Lowry said cheerfully, thinking about the houses that dotted the pack’s territory. He’d bumped into a few abandoned villages and other places along the way, and he didn’t think all would have already been raided by the Luperci who had settled here.

He was going through the territory in his head when the dark female suddenly stepped forward and embraced him. Caught off guard, he blushed and awkwardly wrapped his arms around her too. No problem, doll, the yearling said gently, and pulled himself carefully out of her hug. He rubbed at his hair nervously, ears dipping, then grinned. Oh, uh—all this talk and I don’t even know your name. I’m Lowry Lykoi.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:12 am

[html]<div class="calsco-01">

<p class="ooc">OOC:: Sorry It Took So Long To Reply.. <i>Form::</i>Optime <i>(+603)</i></p>

<p>Calla looked at the male as he spoke, her blue hues sparkled in the sunlight that shone in from the window. Flicking her tail back and forth she blushed lightly when he called her beautiful. It was fairly cheesy to say such things but it made her feel slightly better. Listening to the male as he spoke after her explanation she brought her ears back sadly <b>I guess your right.. But it would take them longer to do it, so I would have a better chance of being rescued before then... Right?</b> she asked tilting her head. She was innocent and very afraid of being hurt, it would show on her face that she had been through hard times but she was as pure as a newly born child. Her only memories of her grand father were frightening, he would always tell her to cover herself or someone may harm her. Though her family was poor and couldn't afford clothes or fabric, her grand father would frighten her with story's of rape and beatings.</p><p> <i>Maybe that's why she always covers herself?</i> Perhaps one day she may get over the fear but at this point she was petrified of getting hurt like in the story's her grandfather would tell her. Keeping her ears back she sighed as he tried to make her feel protected, looking down she shrugged hugging her tail tightly <b>My grandfather, would tell me such horrible story's before I went to bed. About women getting raped and beaten. It would scare me to the point of tears, and he would just laugh and say <i>'Cover yourself up then Whore.</i></b> she said tears forming in her eyes at the horrid memory flooding through her mind again.</p><p> <b>You could protect me.. And others could protect me, but If no one is around then someone can harm me..</b> she said wiping the tears from her eyes. It was clear she was afraid of men, but she hadn't been afraid of the kind male that talked to her. She had been treated like a wild animal for a long time before coming to Casa di Cavalieri. The bad memory's would haunt her dreams even today she couldn't sleep without a light on, the fear of being alone and locked away hurt and afraid was much to real for her. Hearing his response to her asking him to help her get clothing, she smiled a little. <b>Where would we look?</b> she asked tilting her head, She was even afraid to wander to far from the court house where she stayed. </p><p> She had never really gone far even when someone would be showing her around, but for some reason she trusted the young man. As she hugged him he called her 'doll' and she giggled a little. In her mind dolls were beautiful and always willing to be your friend, maybe that's how he saw her? But as he retreated she watched him, blue eyes shining in the sunlight once more her curiosity was starting to show. But as he spoke she shifted on her paws shyly, she really hadn't told anyone her name other than the packs Luna and Hadley. Looking to him she smiled letting one hand away from her tail she extended her hand to him smiling. <b>It's very nice to meet you Lowry, I'm Calla.</b> she said smiling. She had never really felt safe in her entire life but at this moment, finally meeting someone she could talk to without being afraid made her feel much safer within the packs markers.

</p>
<p></p>
</div>

<style type="text/css">
.calsco-01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbfcf9; text-shadow:#052020 1px 1px 2px;}
.calsco-01 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.calsco-01 {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#39d0c7; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/g5kWk.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #053e48; padding:270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#052020; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.calsco-01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.calsco-01 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.calsco-01 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Miranda
innocence is cute

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 am

703 Hopefully the powerplay of them walking together is okay! Also, Lowry is leaving Casa but they can still visit and be friends. :)

Lowry is by Nat!

Lowry had always had trouble sorting out fantasy and reality, ideals versus truth. His stories were so rich with how he wanted the world to be that, when the situation at present seemed to turn in that direction, he began to act the part of the hero. It was instinct for him to be the protagonist, good of heart even if he was flawed -- and someone could easily lead him on in this way. He was ignorant of this, however, and did not see in Calla what Wayne, distrustful of women after his hurt, had apparently seen in the span of moments. There were no such scars for Lowry.

The black she-wolf peered up at him, and her eyes shimmered as if they were made of tears (though Lowry only read about tears in human stories, confused why they should make water from their eyes when canines didn't), and he could feel a hint of doubt rise up in him. He shook his head firmly; why she was so goddamn insistent about talking on the subject? He pushed down the heat rushing up in him, the fire that had driven his father, and spoke as clearly as he could. You're safe here. And you can fight them off, you know. You're in a pack full of warriors. He twitched a smile. I mean, if you don't know -- I could teach you. Or Wayne! He's only a stablemaster, not a warrior like everyone else, but he can fight. And Lowry was proud he at least knew enough to keep himself alive, even if most of the fights he'd gotten into were a result of his quick temper --

Something that surfaced as Calla mentioned her grandfather. His teeth clenched and his fists balled up, and he spat out the words before he could think: Your grandfather is terrible. He stopped, swallowed, wondered if he should have said that, but it sounded true enough. He'd said harsher words when his sister had told him about her near-experience, though that had not been like the drastic, over-the-top examples in Calla's memory -- instead pressure from one she'd called a friend. He tried to press the memories from his head like water from a cloth, but it was hard.

You can protect yourself, too. You don't just rely on others to protect you -- but we will. And your grandfather -- he's just -- he wanted to control you, he guessed, even if he didn't really know the man (or if the man was real). Mothers tell puppies scary stories so they don't run away from home, right? That's to protect them, but mothers are never mean like that. He crossed his arms, knowing that if he didn't he'd probably fling them all over the place and break things, he was so mad. The whole world isn't like that, I promise, he said firmly, and hoped it was true, or if it was the right thing to say. Maybe Wayne was right to leave -- maybe Lowry shouldn't have gotten himself caught up in such a situation, with someone clearly damaged. He wasn't made for it, as much as he wanted to take the role of the knight in the stories.

Lowry sighed with audible relief when the topic turned back to clothes, and he hoped Calla might actually perk up and not look so sad. He smiled at her and reached out to grab her hand if she'd let him, his paw gentle and loosely gripped so she could pull away if she wanted. Come with me, he said. We can walk and talk until we find a house, but there might be some around in the fort.

He led her out of the room, heading out of the courthouse and starting to walk the path through the fort, on lookout for a house that might still hold some treasures inside. He chattered as he went, hoping to bring her out of her shell a little bit; she was so painfully timid. How do you like Casa so far? Have you been here very long? Meet anyone interesting?

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

Dead Topics