And I hope that you remember me

P; Morty

POSTED: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Ooc; morning, optime. wc

Like always Veri came from her room down to the stables to visit Seeker. The dapple grey stallion nickered when he saw her and greeted her with a nuzzle to her arm with his nose. A ghostly smile came to the cream woman's lips as she fed her horse friend half of an apple. She scratched his forelock as he chewed contentedly on his treat. Once he'd finished she gave him a brief brushing and then let him out of the stall to roam the Fort as he pleased. While he was gone she cleaned out the dirty bed from his floor and filled his water. The work left her slightly sweaty but the effort felt good to do. Like she could make up for being gone by working harder.

Veri cleaned her hands when she left the stables and headed back to the Courthouse. She hadn't been to see Morty since she'd gotten back. She hoped her Medico friend wouldn't be put out with her for leaving so unexpectedly. Or maybe it would be for not seeing the grey female as soon as she came back. The cream wolfess felt more reserved now, and she genuinely had no idea why. Nothing had happened precisely...but that could be it.

Before she knew it Veri was on her way up the front steps of the Courthouse and turned right inside to get to the medico rooms. Tentatively she knocked on the door frame to announce her presence. "Morty? You around? I'm back. Is...there anything I can do?" the lame question just made her feel sheepish, but she couldn't take it back now. Her black nose twitched as she inhaled a breath and thought Morty's scent was fresh, but her confidence in her tracking skills had gone down considerably while she was away.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:45 pm

OOC: 300+

Morty often had much to do, her herbs always needed reorganization and sifting. Some went bad at the slightest change of environment, sometimes it felt like a waste but all she would need to do was run back to the green house and then the process would begin again. The whole thing seemed rather stressful from time to time and already she had brewed herself a cup of chamomile tea to soothe her nerves. Luckily, the pack was healthy and not particularly stupid and she didn't have to worry too much about them. Though, things got boring if there wasn't an occasional mauling.

The simple work drove her insane though, as much as she enjoyed being a medic it was a lot of work for just her. And almost as if some deity had heard her prayers, she heard a little voice asking at her door. The voice was familiar and not one that she had heard for quite some time. Her arrival was a goo one and meant Morty had less work on her hands that she thought.

Peaking out of a patient room, she spied the pale canine and a grin grew across her face. "Lo' and behold, is that you Veri?" The youth had been a good student for quite some time and had left with very little warning. It was a shame that she had gone right in the midst of her training, Morty imagined she would have to reiterate some of it. "You're lucky, today I have plenty for you to do, mostly because I don't want to." Morty felt herself becoming perfectly cheery with the prospect of less sorting work.

"I'd just love for you to sort through my herbs and pick out the bad ones, I'd be very gracious." Morty tugged Veri into the Medico office and in front of her impressive storage of dried and fresh herbs. Many looked in desperate need of replacement.

Table by Myst | Photo by Johnson Cameraface | Texture by Ainhel

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Ooc here./wc

The cream furred woman felt herself relax a little at Morty's cheerful welcome. Veri was relieved her friend wasn't put out with her and let herself be tugged into the office to the Medico's large store of herbs. A smile pulled at her muzzle as she nodded. "Of course." many of the herbs did look a little withered now. The pale canine stepped forward and used her fingers to gently pull or twist off the bad pieces. Some were completely rotten, in which case she just removed the whole thing and placed it in the slight pile to her right that grew slowly.

Sapphire blue eyes peered at Morty curiously. "You seem to be in a good mood. Is that only because I'm here to do the grunt work for you, or have you seen a little gore lately?" she teased lightly. She replaced the yarrow she'd preened and now looked at the dried foxglove to pick out the withered petals. As Veri worked her nose caught the faint scent of chamomile tea. Maybe she'd have her own cup after her chores were done here. Although knowing Morty, that could go for all day in some cases.

The cream wolfess relaxed further as she continued diligently. Being surrounded by the familiar smell of so many herbs was a comfort she didn't know she'd had. Lavender was her favorite scent though. Bright blue orbs grazed the shelves of herbs, mentally counting how much they had. "We aren't running low on anything in the garden are we?" it didn't seem like it to her but if she was wrong and they were perhaps she could go for an herbal hunt around the territory for extras.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 am

OOC: 500+ Whoops, wrote more than I meant to. xD

Morty grinned devilishly, she always enjoyed the company of others, more the merrier in her mind, but it was especially good when they did things for her. It had been a long time since she had seen Veri and she was glad that she had returned. Doing all the work herself and trying to obtain a higher medic rank was difficult enough. It didn't appear that she had lost her still in sorting though and did it quickly enough, better she than her, she thought.

Turning with an amused cackle, she set out about heating more water for her companion over her small hearth. It was usually unneeded in the warmer season but with the changing of moons there would be cooler weather. Already the temperatures were dropping and a steady breeze was coming from the sea. She couldn't help but feel refreshed by the cooler air. The warm season brought many annoyances with it. Her pelt sloughed off in great handfuls and the threat of fires was a terrifying prospect. The cold season brought illness but the pack was as strong as it always had been. "No blood and gore for me, miss," She joked, pouring hot water into a glass. "Just glad to see you is all... An' I suppose you doing some work is cause for cheer as well."

With a scoop of loose chamomile, she placed the steeping cup before in her in the work place and leaned against a wall. "Nothing to my knowledge, gardens been growing strong all season. Though, we'll have to get out there before the first frost sets in." After that, most of the plants would be ruined beyond recovery and useless to the herbalists. Morty opened her mouth to say more but she heard a loud clattering of paws coming toward her little office.

Poking her head out, she noticed a rather pained looking Isaac tromping down the hall way towards her with a harried looking Julien beside him. Occasionally he came to visit for he fancied her, but this time he had his hand pressed tightly against his arm. Morty was delighted to have a patient at last. "Isaac, my dear, do hurry in, are you bleeding violently?"

Isaac was never one to worry about anything and he gave her a smile and trundled his burly self into the office and took a seat at the closest available chair. Julien hovered and paced, offering up apologies. "I suppose this runt here got me pretty good!" He joked, shoving Julien with his good arm. "Trying to teach him about knives and I turn me head and I got myself a gash. Fancy that!" He guffawed. Morty joined in with a lighthearted chuckle and crouched to examine his wound.

"Okay, Veri, time for a refresher!" She commanded, instructing the laid back butcher to apply pressure to a cloth on the wound. "What shall we do for Jonas and his little scrap?" The medico grinned and gave the joker a playful wink.

Table by Myst | Photo by Johnson Cameraface | Texture by Ainhel

Owl
Luperci

Dead Topics