Exit Stage Left (Pursued by a bear)

Alex sucks at naming threads. For Chloé!

POSTED: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:47 pm

• Word Count: 373
  • Setting: Jordheim, 13th Midday.
  • Form: Wolf
Woop woop

Arno's coat had certainly seen better days as he padded along, with what looked like half the twigs and sticks in the forest sticking out of his fur, which was stuck up every which way and littered with small scratched where Arno's fur hadn't been quite thick enough to protect him from a passing thorn. Despite this there was triumph in Arno's eyes and a wag in his tale as the youngster trotted his way out of the forest and back into the cleared area that made up his new home. The source of Arno's good mood was pretty obvious to those who looked at him, being that it was furry, bloodstained and hanging out of his mouth. Arno had returned to Jordheim today carrying with him a rabbit, still large, plump and glossy from a plentiful summer.

Arno had been trying to successfully hunt for most of his short life now, the goal of successfully applying the sparse lessons his mother had been able to give him in hunting one he had been consistently attempting and failing. The rabbits around Jordheim though held a special place in Arno's heart, having led the young canine on several long chases and over several painful hazards since he had arrived, never coming out any the worse except for one slightly de-fluffed tail. Until now at least, now Arno had finally caught one of the blasted things!

Of course, there had been a healthy amount of beginner's luck involved in Arno's capture of the animal, and it accidentally running into a tree at one point probably contributed somewhat, but Arno wasn't going to let little details like that get him down. He had caught a rabbit! Not piddly little rats, not a single fish that he caught by accident, a rabbit; a proper piece of prey and a decent meal to many of the smaller residents of the pack. For many such a thing would be simple routine, part of their everyday duties, but for Arno it was an accomplishment and it showed in the happy stride of the young hybrid as he slowly weaved his way through the houses of Jordheim towards his home, prize swinging from the scruff of it's neck in his jaws.

Arno Rousseau
Now it's time to say goodbye, To the things we loved, And the innocence of youth.

Alex
Luperci Craftsman
Scars strengthen the soul

POSTED: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:40 pm

The puppies had been growing rapidly and although Chloé was surprised by the rate at which they were growing, she was excited to watch. It was interesting, seeing them grow, and soon enough they would be adults. They had started tumbling around and play-fighting with eachother, squeaking and trying to fit together words (normally failing at this). In an attempts to keep them from knocking anything over, she had taken them outside, although the darkly-furred wolfess was keeping a close eye on them and refused to let them stray too far from the hillside home.

Chloé watched as the three tumbled around, hoping that they would tire out soon so they could come inside and take a nap. The Vald rose from her sitting position and trotted away from the entrance to the home, where she had been sitting, choosing to walka round on four paws instead of two for the day, seeing as she was more comfortable on four. The timberwolf glanced around, noting that there weren't as many canines out and about. However, she spotted another Vináttan walking along the dirt roads between the houses with something dangling from his mouth. She didn't recognize him, assuming that the brown canine was probably newer to the pack.

"Hey there!" she greeted, a grin spread across her wolfish maw, tail wagging behind her. She glanced over at the puppies, who were still rolling around, however Robin seemed to have wandered away a bit, although not too far. "Nice catch," she commented. Chloé hadn't been able to go hunting lately, seeing as she had pups to take care of, but Taro was hunting and Lochlan had offered to bring her fish, so she had enough food.

POSTED: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:47 pm

• Word Count: 308
  • Setting: ---
---

Arno was homewards bound with his prize when he came across a wolf he didn't know, though certainly a member of the pack considering where she was. As he saw the woman Arno's eyes curved into a smile of greeting, and then widened a bit in interest when he looked past her to see the small, furry bodies of three playing pups. Arno had caught some scents and heard some second hand conversations that there were puppies about the village but he hadn't actually caught a glimpse of any of them up until now.

When the wolf called out a greeting to him Arno gave a muffled response of his own, trotting along the path towards her. Once he'd closed a bit of distance Arno dropped his rabbit down at his feet, reflexively licking at the blood on his muzzle before he was finally able to give a proper greeting. “Hi! And thank you!” he said, tail wagging proudly behind him. “Been trying for ages to catch one, they're tricky.” Arno pawed at one of his ears embarrassedly, somewhat aware that the little critter which had taken him several weeks of effort to catch was probably standard fare for other, more experienced wolves.

Arno's eyes flickered from the woman to her puppies for a second and then back, and a thought occurred to him. He hadn't actually been sure what to do with the rabbit; he wasn't hungry and Ma didn't seem to have much appetite recently. Plus he wanted to get more of a look at the young wolves; puppies, like many things, were something that he had heard of but never actually seen before – though young wolves were less mystical sounding than some of the animals Ma had described to him.Would you like it? Or your pups?” he asked, nudging the rabbit with his nose.

Arno Rousseau
Now it's time to say goodbye, To the things we loved, And the innocence of youth.

Alex
Luperci Craftsman

POSTED: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:04 am

The Vald listened quietly with misty green eyes trained on the lighter-hued male, giving him a nod when he stated that the rabbits were tricky things to catch. "Oh, yes, not as difficult as deer or elk, though," the Moineau responded with a grin, wondering how often the canine hunted. She was fairly sure that she hadn't seen him around before and his name currently slipped her mind, which was busy as ever because of the fact that she had puppies to take care of and watch constantly now.

Her ears perked up when he offered the rabbit to them, somewhat taken aback by the act of kindness, however it was readily accepted. "I, um, if you're not going to eat it I suppose I could take it," she replied, scarred shoulders rolling in a brief shrug as she watched as the Vináttan nudged the rabbit forwards. Chloé blinked, still trying to remember his name, although she quickly gave up. "I'm so sorry -- I don't think I've heard your name before." The Vald said the words almost reluctantly, however she had given up on trying to recall his name in her memory. [b]"I'm Chloé, by the way, in case you didn't know," the dark-furred timberwolf introduced, glancing over at the pups afterwards. "And this is Juno, Robin, and Bjorn," the Vald continued, nodding to each one as she introduced them as well.

POSTED: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:33 pm

• Word Count: 204
  • Setting: ---
Very sorry for the wait, university has been wearing steel toecaps and aiming for the groin.

“I'm, uh, not really hungry.” Arno said sheepishly, ducking his head. His hunting of the rabbits had been motivated more by irritation at the small animals than any actual desire to eat; even with getting his own food becoming more of a possibility, gritting through the dried meat from the storage house alongside her was the only way that Arno could actually get his mother to eat anything at the moment.

By now Arno was used to the hesitation as members of the pack tried in vain to remember his name, a name they had never heard. Vinatta was very close knit it seemed, and not knowing his name seemed to throw many of the Luperci he met. “It's all right Ma'am, I’m new.” he said with humour, giving Chloé a grin, “Me and my Ma joined the pack just a couple weeks ago, there's quite a few people I've still not met yet.” He reassured her, tail wagging behind him. The black furred wolfess introduced herself and he nodded happily, storing her name away in his memory. “I'm Arno Rousseau, it's nice to meet you Chloé. And you petits he said, head tilting down towards the pups for the last bit.

Arno Rousseau

Alex
Luperci Craftsman

Dead Topics