Patch Evolution

P: Morty

POSTED: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:39 pm

OOC: Random title. Sorry for the delay in starting this and how short it is! D: Let me know if I should edit anything. I’m still getting used to a new pack, haha.

IC:
Since she hadn’t seen Julian since earlier in the morning, Sylvie figured she may as well try to find him. She wasn’t overly worried, but she just wanted to make sure that he was okay. She couldn’t help but feel motherly towards him and she figured this was simply something a mother would do, so it made sense to check in on him. Of course, she also knew he should be more independent as well, and she did not want to stifle him, but just a quick check should be alright.

So far, Sylvie had been unsuccessful in finding him. Perhaps he had gone down to the boat the pack owned. That would make sense, given his knowledge of sailing, and she had not checked there yet. That, she decided, would be her next place to look. As she was heading that way, she passed Morty’s place and paused. Maybe she had seen Julian; Sylvie hoped not only because if she had, it probably meant he had gotten hurt. She hesitated and then stepped up to the door.

“Morty? Are you in?” She called, hoping she wasn’t disturbing the medic. "I just have a quick question." If she had a patient, Sylvie would be happy to continue on her way and look elsewhere.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:22 am

Morty
  • Word Count: [200~]
  • Date: --
  • Time: --
  • Form: Optime
Morty is a MAD SCIENTIST

Between wandering and collecting plants and the like, Morty was always in her office and she liked to contact little experiments within with the few reaction things that she could find and it wasn't much. And most of the time her experiments were either lighting things on fire or trying to blend the perfect mix of herbs to lead to some kind of immortality. Morty wasn't interested in the process herself since she thought dying would be perhaps the most fascinating part of her life. Just as well, she supposed immortality herbs would bring her some kind of trade or maybe they would even let her practice amputations if she assured them that the limb would regrow.

Morty was still working out the kinks but she felt like she was on to something soon enough and perhaps, just perhaps, that would be enough. But most of the time, she saw the trouble that the plants themselves decayed with time even when they were properly died and she doubted they would sell well if the 'immortal plants' were dying off themselves. It was a real pain and having someone call at her door was a much needed relief from thinking about immortal plants.

"Come in, come in!" She hailed, with a wave of her hand even if Sylvie wasn't in to see it. The medic was painstakingly tying bundles. "I am trying to solve the riddle of life but you are more than welcome to join me." With an angry grunt, she realized that two of her herbs had conflicting reactions within the boy and felt very near to ripping the plants apart.

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by manicmaya @ flickr

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Sylvie's ears tucked back as she waited and soon enough, Morty replied. Her ears perked back up as Morty invited her inside and so she stepped in, though she remained closer to the door than anything since she did not want to intrude. She glanced around and her eyes rested on the herbs. Some were familiar and others were not. Her expertise was in combat, which required some herbs, but it was clear, in her opinion, that Morty was much more knowledgeable than she was.

"The riddle of life," Sylvie mused out loud. She was not quite sure what Morty meant; perhaps the meaning of life. If that was the case, it was not something she tended to give a lot of thought to. Sometimes, sure, but she generally had other things that she thought about. Either way, t was an interesting train of thought, though.

"Have you gotten anywhere with that thought?" She asked, her eyes going to the bundle of herbs that seemed to have Morty's attention at the moment. "Is something wrong?" She asked then, wondering if there was something not right about the herbs. They looked like good plants to her, but perhaps there was something she wasn't seeing.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Morty
Morty is a SAD SCIENTIST

Morty, so intent, barely glanced with Sylvie entered. There had been a time when she had had a lot of mixed feelings about the older woman, mostly mingling with the fact she had been her captor. The whole debacle was a strange event for the medic and she didn't like to think about it lest her mind run away with itself. Pirates were wicked creatures, but she supposed that Sylvie and her timid companion, Julien, had been the best of them. With the passing of months, she had found herself about to look at Sylvie straight and realize that those events in her past were best grown from and not worried to death. It was better that way.

Putting down the herbs with a sigh, she shook her head. "Yes, the riddle of life. I seek the answers for eternal life, but I fear I am not a magician and I can only prevent the things that cause death. But fate, well fate, has a nasty way of turning things around." She could cure a killing cough of a persistent cough but if ones mind was turned to mush or their belly torn to pieces, she couldn't do anything about it. There wasn't enough time or sutures that could do that and the best she could do was relieve the pain.

"And I have gotten no where." She replied, pushing her hair out of her eyes. "I don't fear dying, personally, but there are many that live their lives very close to terror to avoid it. I could not imagine a worse fate." She added thoughtfully, glancing at the older, very scarred coyote. "What of you? You have the look of a warrior that had seen death close hand. Do you fear the great beyond?" Morty knew how to ask the hard questions and with a hard, green eyed stare she wasn't going to back down.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Eternal life; this was not an uncommon thing to seek in the world of pirates. After all, what was the point of pillaging and stockpiling riches - clothes in good condition, good alcohol, and other such things - if not to be around to enjoy them? Sylvie never quite followed this train of thought; death happened to everyone at some point. It was natural and meant to happen. Still, she could understand why those who gained a lot of wealth would want to be able to enjoy it.

She listened as Morty explained her reasons for her actions and nodded. Morty had a different style of healing than Sylvie did, along with a much greater knowledge of the subject, but in the end, it boiled down to the same thing: they wanted to help. An elixir of sorts for eternal life would help someone.

Sylvie was a bit surprised when the question was turned to her own thoughts, and she did not consider herself much of a warrior, although she didn’t comment on that; she was well aware of the image her scars made of her.

“Well, I can’t say I’m afraid of death, really,” Sylvie said. “It’s as natural as birth, I suppose. Something that happens to everyone. I’m afraid of the process of dying - what leads up to the death, such as illness or a lot of pain. But after that, I’m not really afraid.” Being a pirate meant lots of danger, and therefore the high possibility of death. “I think I’m more afraid of losing those I care about.” It was part of what had driven her to help Morty’s one-time captors.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 am

Morty
OOC

Morty considered the answer well and wondered why others could not realize that death was natural. With life came death or it seemed that neither would exist. There could be no rebirth if the living just kept at it and Morty thought what the world would come to with just one group of canines that persist eternally with no change. That would be a world that she would not want to live in for the world was in a constant revolving ring of change, destruction and regrowth. Nature was made for it. Fires burned away old trees and new things grew and other forests matured. Sometimes the best and greenest things arose from the rubble of the past.

"You spoke well," Morty conceded with a nod and a smile, and she put her herbs down. "Then the mystery of life can wait, I suppose those few that do not yet understand will have to be afraid for sometime to come." But once she put it away, she was already devising the next project and what could happen next for her to cure more of the invisible illnesses that plagued any pack. She would need more physical patients if she ever wanted to practice mending the visible wounds.

But now she had a guest and she had to push her thoughts aside. "Well, Sylvie, what brings you do my chambers? Herbs or whatnot? I have a cure for many things, or perhaps just a visit?" She grinned broadly, enjoying visits the very most. Often times she got so wrapped up in work or patients that she really had no time for anything else. "Truly, would you like some tea or a snack? I keep water hot for many different scenarios but I must say that tea is one of my favorites." Hot water was a painful but effective way to remove debris from wounds and keep them clean, but also good for tea.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:47 pm

An appreciative smile formed on Sylvie’s face when Morty accepted her words. She had come across many canines who were very terrified of death, although she had not expected Morty to be one of them. Sylvie supposed a medic would force her to confront death with relative frequency, at least in bad times. But in good, she supposed Morty might still treat the aging, which could lead to the same result, but with a less shocking process.

“Tea sounds lovely,” Sylvie decided. Julien could manage without her a bit longer. Truthfully he may have run off so she didn’t smother him with her desire to mother him. There was only one letter difference, after all. This made her momentarily rethink what reason she was going to give for her visit since she was aware she needed to reel it in a bit. Still, she did not want to lie, either, and so she decided to give the actual reason.

“I was actually looking for Julien. He seems to have vanished, maybe to get away from me for a while,” she said with a bit of a laugh. “So, I was wondering if you had seen him today - and if not, I suppose that’s a good thing because it probably means he hasn’t managed to get himself into any trouble.” Not that Sylvie thought he would, at least not on purpose. He was the quiet sort, intelligent, but didn’t go looking for trouble. They were similar in that sense; Sylvie hadn’t been looking for trouble when she fell in with the pirates. It sort of just happened that way.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:56 am

Morty
  • Word Count: [300~]
OOC

Morty was already fast preparing the tea, placing a hefty scoop of loose leaf chamomile into the kettle. The medic always liked the leaves to float in her water, adding a bitterness as they steeped and strengthening the flavor and medical qualities of the tea. And it was a taste she enjoyed, and often times she was a bit spacey that others may not enjoy her dramatically bitter concoction. "I'm always happy to make tea for anyone who walks through my chamber doors," She said absently, collecting clay cups from a tucked away cupboard which held many of her other supplies.

She glanced toward Sylvie when she mentioned Julien. Morty hadn't truly seen him for some time, such as an examination or health check. The medic didn't fancy that Julien was a fan of her medical practices or her fascination with blood and guts and that sort of thing. He was a charming boy though, if a bit frazzled at times. "Well, I haven't seen him for some time, I'm tucked away in here most days and I wouldn't call him my most frequent visitor." Some canines were unperturbed with her methods, others she made nervous by her perverse enjoyment. Just as well, she would be around when they came around.

The medic nodded along with Sylvie's though though. "I definitely get the trouble makers. Though, always surprised that I don't see that springy thing here more often. Isn't he always up in some tree?" She scoffed, thinking of the risks that young canines took, climbing trees. A young canid was no cat and they did not always land on their feet and even if they did it didn't always mean a good outcome. She had once encountered a young lad that had decided tree climbing was a good idea and one accident later... no legs. It was a real shame.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:10 pm

The fact that Morty had not seen Julien in a while was good news. It meant he hadn't managed to hurt himself, or at least not badly enough to seek out Morty's skills. Sure, Sylvie had some medical skills of her own, but that was more from necessity than anything else. She wanted to make sure her family was safe and when they got injured, it hurt her, too.

She couldn't help a smile at Morty's apt description of Julien as 'that springy thing' and she nodded. She was always worried about whoever was in the crow's nest because weather could change in an instant. Now that they spent most of their time on dry land, this concern transferred to Julien's tree climbing habit. She always worried, though she tried not to.

"Yes, he had always liked being up high," Sylvie replied, rubbing the bald area on the bridge of her nose in a worried manner. "I think it's something to do with being pushed around, but he's also just good at climbing." There were some days that she couldn't keep him out of the crows nest and near lay had to haul him down herself.

"I hope someday he decided to keep his feet on the ground where we belong," she continued, 'we' referring to canines in general. Then again, perhaps they didn't belong on the water, either. At least standing on the ground or the deck of a ship was less dangerous than being so high up. "Well, at least he's being useful and not getting himself hurt." Finding his place here would be good for him since she didn't want him to decide to leave someday. She could sense the empty nest feeling coming on merely at the thought.

"Well, I'll have to keep looking for him later, then. I'm not sure what he's been up to." She knew it probably made her sound a little too motherly towards someone who was not actually her son, but Sylvie couldn't help it.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 am

Morty
  • Word Count: [300~]
SORRY FOR SLOW

She wondered where Julien had run off to, though she didn't share the same concern as Sylvie did. Morty honored all of her patients and wondered whether or not they would do something foolish. The young male had probably been more places than she had, traveling the sea by boat. Though, there were many places she had never been beyond the mainland.

"I doubt anyone will keep him grounded to you, if we're being honest." Morty said thoughtfully. "That boy is always up in the air all over the place." She couldn't describe him as high energy, but he was rather high strung about the world and Morty felt as though he needed a cup of tea to calm himself down from time to time. No doubt, Sylvie would worry about him until he showed himself again and she would wait through it with her if she wanted it. Taking the tea, she pressed it into Sylvie's hands with a grin. "Come sit, drink, and not worry about him. He could jump back from anything."

Morty pulled up a chair one for herself and for the older female. Seating herself with the cup of tea, she sipped at it, thinking about tea and the properties that it contained. She supposed that it was the most normal habit that she had obtained from her years as a medic. It was an easy habit to pick up especially when she felt so calm and serene afterwards. A good talk would probably take her mind off of Julien anyway. "How have you been doing Sylvie? Forgive my comment of age, but has anything been bothering you? I am a medic by trade and had much to offer if you need it." Healer, therapist, unofficial drug dealer, all her titles and all she enjoyed more than the next.

Owl
Luperci

Dead Topics