eyes like glowing embers

POSTED: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:28 pm

386 For Cartier! I hope this works for ya. :3

Her morning had been spent by the lake, dipping clawed feet into the shallow waters at the lake’s edge as she watched the sun break over the horizon and spill light out onto the world. Ruby eyes watched the slowly changing sky, embellished with pastels of orange and pink. A brilliant bright blue was beginning to bleed over the dark indigo of the evening, and the songbirds had begun to sing as if signaling all to the day to come. Belle had often risen early to watch the sunrise. It was the one time of day that she truly felt at peace – a habit she had easily adopted in the hippie commune of her birth. It was not likely to be a ritual that died easily.

Once the sun had risen above the tree tops, Belle finally rose from her place along the shores and meandered back towards the mansion. She had not been here long – she and her sister had just been reunited in fact – and Inferni was still very much new to her. The mansion was a point of safety and familiarity for her, as it was where Veine had first taken her, and so she clung near to it. Eventually she’d wander farther, but for now there was still plenty to explore at D’Neville.

Her mare had been situated in the structure constructed outside of the garage, and Belle was quick to wander in that direction. She had brought an apple in tow, knowing Viscera would appreciate a treat along with the simple visit. She had discovered the mare’s extreme favor of the fruit when they had happened along an orchard during their journey. Belle had filled the empty spaces of one of her bags with apples, and made sure now to bring one in tow whenever she visited the mare.

The coyote girl walked amongst the free roaming horses, admiring the various colorations and breeds. The Commune had had a similar collection of horses, although there hadn’t seemed as much variety in their group. Belle marveled at the beasts, curious where they all had originated from. Viscera, of course, was offered her apple and a pat along the nose. She snorted appreciately as Belle moved amongst the creatures, turning in a gentle pirouette and letting a girlish giggle escape from her throat

Belle de le Poer

POSTED: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm

501 Words

Cartier had a couple of horses that he had to train. He had a yearling and a stallion to work with. He had both of them out with him, each one a separate lead rope so that he could work with each of them and keep them under control. He'd had the yearling longer and so he had made the most progress with him. The stallion still liked to fight him and was tugging against the lead rope while the yearling walked along easily. "Shh, shh. It is okay Fuerza. We are just going for a little walk." He spoke softly yet firmly, trying to calm the horse while showing him that he was in control. He had taken each from the stable where they were being housed and led them towards the back of the mansion to work in the open space back there.

He pulled firmly on each lead rope to bring his horses to a stop as he noticed someone else out and about with the horses. "Morning." He called to the other before continuing on towards the fence so that he could tie up the horses. He started with the stallion, dropping the rope to the yearling so he could have use of both hands while he made to tightly secure the older horse. Next he tied up the yearling. He kept space between the two horses so that they couldn't get at each other. Or well, it was more so that Fuerza wouldn't nip at Galtero as he had a habit of doing.

"How are you doing?" He asked the other as he moved over to her after tying up his horses. "They are beautiful, aren't they?" He asked as he looked out towards the mares that were nearby. "I've worked with her before." He said and pointed out Mysia. "She isn't for everyone though. She can be stubborn at times. If you don't have experience then it is hard to make her move if she doesn't want to." He next pointed to Maelysa. "Her too. She can be aggressive if you don't know how to control her." He had experience with about all of the horses, at least with the communal ones. He hadn't been in on the training of all of them but he did make a point to get to know each and every one of them. "I use her for the cart all of the time." He pointed to Oblak. He wasn't certain if this was well known information to the other but he didn't remember seeing the female around before. "I'm Cartier Inferni, by the way." He figured that he might as well introduce himself since he couldn't recall the other's face. Since he couldn't place a name with her then she figure that she wouldn't have heard of him either. He wasn't high ranked or anything for him to be well known.

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
DEAD
Luperci
fire on the hillside
sinner

POSTED: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:22 am

Ruby eyes flickered over her shoulder at the sound of another, and the de le Poer discovered another of the clan’s coyote brethren. This particular male she had observed once before upon her arrival to Inferni, but she had not had the chance to be properly introduced. He appeared to be similar in age and Belle found those eyes of burnt sienna awfully alluring. A grin pulled at her lips as she tiptoed easily forward in a straight line, as if balancing on a tightrope. Good morning, she chimed back, dropping her arms to her sides and letting her gaze follow him towards the fence to which he steered his animals.

It was his dusty coloring she studied, his form. It was refreshing to see strong blood present in the clan, where Belle had seen so much taint. There always seemed a deep, dark hunger when she laid eyes on the abominations of their time. But the hunger she felt when ruby found the form of her own kind, well it burned with an intensity all its own – an intensity worthy only of their blood. Belle felt a small spark ignite within her, and it was hard for her to suppress the mischievous grin that blossomed from her sweet smile.

I’m just lovely this morning. How ‘bout you? He made his way over to her and her ruby gaze caught the smoldering bronze of his own. His question caught her off guard, but she knew immediately of what he spoke. As he turned to look out at the horses that grazed about them, Belle too allowed her own gaze to admire the mares. As Cartier pointed out to the various mares, Belle studied their forms as well and committed this information to memory. Perhaps she had Viscera to herself, but it was always good to know about the resources available to her. Who knew when she might need to utilize one of the communal animals? Hmm, I’ll have to remember all that. Thanks! I’m still trying to learn all the names and faces here. Her features conformed to a somewhat sheepish grin, ears folding gently backwards. I can use all the help I can get, punctuated by a soft laugh.

Inferni? Belle had not realized it was a surname here. Does that mean your family is the one who established the clan all those years ago? Belle had been under the impression that her own blood ran thick here, but perhaps it was not as influential and bold as she had imagined it to be. I’m Belle de le Poer, sister of Veine. It’s nice to meet you.

Belle de le Poer

POSTED: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:04 pm

338 Words

His mother had been full blooded coyote and his father had also had a high percentage. It was his father's looks that he had taken after, looking more like the southern, warmer climate coyotes while his sister took after the looks of their mother and had the looks of a northern, colder climate coyote. Both of them were high percentage of coyote but they didn't share the same colors and appearance. Still it was enough enough to tell that coyote blood ran thickly through their veins.

"Can't say that I'm doing too bad myself. Fuerza still likes to act up but he is still in training. I just got him recently. Galtero is getting along better. He came from the Drifter Bay round up." He was most likely speaking of things of which the female had no experience with and so she had no idea what at all he was talking about. He was simply speaking without really considering what it was that he was speaking about. He was talking about his daily life things and that was really it.

"Oh no." He laughed and shook his head. "Inferni was here long before I was. My mother named me for the clan because I was born here, the same with my sister, Versace. She is the only real family I have here. I guess Myrika and Vesper could be considered family too since they raised my sister and I after our mother died." He shrugged a bit. He didn't know if they would truly be considered family or not. It wasn't like they had really been adopted but they had simply been taken in and watched over.

He looked back to the her of mares once again. "So what ended up bringing you out here? Are you looking for a horse to use?" He asked since he hadn't seen her leading one around to work with. "I can show you which ones are easier for beginners to use."

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
DEAD
Luperci
fire on the hillside
sinner

Dead Topics