Look into a mirror at yourself, do you like you

POSTED: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:25 pm

WC:425

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy his time in the dwelling with Gemma and Frodo and Ibycus. He just felt stifled somehow. He had no room to complain, though... she could have told him he was on his own. Still, he needed to get out to move around, to...find Joy and see what he needed to do. He was on the medicine path, and he wanted to do right by Aniwaya, he wanted (at least in his own mind) to make things right after how he had left D'Arte. He wasn't far from the hut where the herbs were kept, when he spotted the woman. She was mostly black, with white markings. She had the brightest blue eyes he had seen besides Gemma's eyes. He approached her, saying her name softly, nervous if he was wrong. "Joy Uwatie?"

She looked up from what she was doing to study him, her eyes narrowing as if she didn't like what she saw. Her voice was pleasant enough when she responded to him. "Vv, Osiyo." He hesitated, trying to remember the snippets of Aniwayan Gemma had taught him over a year ago. Her eyes narrowed again as she stared at him. She sounded almost impatient as she repeated herself, this time he didn't have to try to understand. "I said, yes, hello."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I'm new. I'm Tal." His eyes dropped to his feet, his face warming under his pale fur. "I joined the tribe as a Kunikoti. I was a healer in my last pack, and I was pretty good at it. I wanted to see what i could do here. With you, I mean." Her eyes softened for a moment as she looked at him, before she spoke.

"Good. Let's go to the hut and see what I can find for you to do."

~~~~

He was tired, now, near the end of the day. The sun was hitting the horizon, and he felt relaxed, at ease. Joy hadn't come out and said it, but he felt she was satisfied with his knowledge of herbs and healing in general. He sat near the Great Fire, gazing into the flames, the tension that had built in him slowly easing out of his body. He was not healed, yet, he had a long way to go. But his heart was finding peace. He hoped he could find and keep the peace that the Tribe seemed to share, that he could make amends for his cowardice in D'Arte so many months ago.

TLDR; Tal visits with Joy and then goes and sits by the Great Fire.
When the dark unfolds its wings do you sense the strangest things?
Things no one would ever guess and mere words cannot express?

Vannah
Luperci Mate to Gemma
Half of my blood
LIFE IS PAIN

POSTED: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:53 am

300+

Olivia had heard that Tal had been working with Joy. She heard the words of the tribe simply out of openness and many approached her with gossip that was happening within the tribe. And when she heard about the meeting of the priestess and the medicine man, she was happy to hear it. The two were sure to share much in common and Joy had much to teach to not only Tal but all of them. The wolf dog had not wanted to disturb them and had kept to herself, wandering among the trees and seeking out fall edibles that she would take and make into something delicious.

As she returned to New Town, striding on two legs with her long hair braided and feathers sticking out in her hair. She had a small basket full of plants and late blooming fruits, possibly the last of the season if she recalled correctly. Plants could not make up all of a wolf's diet but she enjoyed to vary her meals from what she usually ate simply out of taste, and when she had plenty of meat in storage, she found it no struggle to go out foraging now and again for the wild type greens.

Though, Tal was just who she wanted to see and she approached the fire, allowing the warmth to go over her and her chilled hands. "I heard you were working with Joy today," Olivia started, sitting beside the newcomer on a log of wood. She brought her hands closer to the fire and rubbed them together. "She's amazing, isn't she? The tribe is really learning a lot from her and the wisdom she brings from The Great Tribe." It made Olivia want to visit the tribe some day and learn some from their elders and leaders.

Olivia Tarasova

Owl
Luperci
wandering heart

POSTED: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Across from them the fire cracked sharply. Tal's ear twitched slightly as the sweet smell of apple filled his nose. It reminded him again of Phoenix Valley, of how the apple trees had bloomed in the spring the year he left with Noah and Willow. They hadn't had many blooms, but the scent of the blossoms had been heavenly.

There was a brief scent of another canine, and the face that came to him soon after was a familiar one, and he smiled as Olivia sat down next to him. He nodded at her statement, watching as she held her hands out to the fire, warming them. Her next statement brought another smile to his lips"She is wonderful, I really enjoyed working with her." This reminded him of something he wanted to ask. He was going to ask Gemma as well, but it wouldn't hurt to ask Olivia since she was here with him now.

"She uses a lot of words I'm not familiar with... I know a few Aniwayan words, but it would certainly be helpful if I had someone teaching me more." He paused for a moment, then added, "I'm a quick learner. If you don't want to , I'd understand, but it would be very useful to know more than a word here and there." He hoped he wasn't being offensive in asking, but besides Gemma, he wasn't sure who he would be comfortable asking.
When the dark unfolds its wings do you sense the strangest things?
Things no one would ever guess and mere words cannot express?

Vannah
Luperci Mate to Gemma
Half of my blood
LIFE IS PAIN

POSTED: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:59 am

300+

Olivia was always glad to see her pack mates integrating well into the group setting. She had worked hard to try and provide for them the best that she could, especially when they were so few in numbers these days. Though, with a small community it usually let to a tight knit one ad for that she was glad at least. And with the addition of Joy, a certain culture was starting to return though many new members meant that there was much for them to learn about the tribe's culture and the words they used. Olivia didn't know all of them but she had been learning alongside others.

"I'm glad you like her, she brings much wisdom here." Olivia began, "But yes, she was raised in a place where the tribal words were used more often. I'm afraid I'm not nearly so well versed as she is, but I definitely help in teaching you a few words." The tawny she-wolf sat back for a moment, thinking and pondering, pulling together the words that she knew and that she thought were relevant to their conversation. Many words ere specialized, but she pulled a few from her fur, perhaps the most relevant first.

"Well, you are learning "nvwoti" medicine, and you may ask 'Dohitsu?' or how are you. It's a good place to start with her, Joy is still settling in, it's very new to her as well as you, being here. Though, you may be better suited for 'Tlaigoliga.' I don't understand," Olivia grinned at her little quip, meaning no harm towards the new tribesmen. She just knew that herblore was a large and diverse trade and some plants worked this time but with others they did not, it just was a lot to take it for anyone at once.

Olivia Tarasova

Owl
Luperci
wandering heart

Dead Topics