IPB Archive: Broken Table Code

POSTED: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 pm

IPB Archive: Broken Table Code

So, you've found some broken code on the IPB archive board? This is usually when tables are improperly coded and end up eating a part of the board layout -- like this.

Unfortunately, phpBB is sensitive to poorly coded HTML. Unclosed tags, improperly used tags, and all manner of things can cause phpBB to go haywire. IPB was less sensitive to these things and so many players' old tables break phpBB!

Here's what to do: reply here with a link to the thread. That's it! We'll take care of it by stripping the tables out of the posts.

Please note that we are only looking for severe breakage. Missing images and backgrounds aren't a problem unless they make the table unreadable. Please use discretion in reporting -- we only have so many moderators! Thanks for your assistance, and enjoy the archive~

'Souls Assemblage
The Few, The Proud
'Souls Assemblage
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Is the entire Archive board down again? I noticed the other day I went on looking for my old post log archives, and when I clicked on anything that wasn't the home page, I was greeted with just a white page :|

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:14 pm

It seems to be slow but working for me -- I'm able to navigate to different forums and view various topics. :o Are you logged in? What pages exactly can't you view?

Inferni
Evocati
Raze
Luperci Multiple Co-ranks SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2017 Champion!
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:20 pm

if you were clicking links embedded within your post log, it's possible the archive was redirecting you to the old URL still on my sleepyglow server. that archive -- the broken IPB one -- is still up. you should be able to edit your post log on the phpBB forum, copy it all and paste into Notepad++ or similar, and then find & replace on IPB URLs to phpBB URLs. the topic IDs didn't change, so as long as you just change the link structure, you'll be okay
Inferni
Civilis (NPC)
Sie
Luperci Spiritualist Chaos Star
come & drink with me

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Wait... so maybe I'm using the wrong link? Anywho, nothing is working for me today (see screenshot), but now you guys got me thinking that I've been using the wrong link all along >.>

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Yes, Sammiie -- the archive board link has changed to this link as of somewhat recently. :) It's hosted on phpBB -- it isn't the old site hosted under Sie's sleepyglow.
I Saw Sinners Making Music and i dreamt of that sound
Cour des Miracles
Seneschal
Raze
Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Aw crap - no wonder!!! Thanks for setting me on the right path! >.>

How would I find old threads? I think the links are incorrect when linked in an old archive, but is there any easy fix without having to search through the archived forums?

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 pm

What Sie said in the above post:
you should be able to edit your post log on the phpBB forum, copy it all and paste into Notepad++ or similar, and then find & replace on IPB URLs to phpBB URLs. the topic IDs didn't change, so as long as you just change the link structure, you'll be okay

Again, the topic ID -- the number -- stays the same. For example... http://soulsarc.sleepyglow.net/index.ph ... opic=22215 goes nowhere -- replace http://soulsarc.sleepyglow.net/index.php?showtopic= with http://soulsrpg.com/ipb/viewtopic.php?t=. You get http://soulsrpg.com/ipb/viewtopic.php?t=22215, which should link to something. :) As Sie said, use find & replace.

Inferni
Evocati
Raze
Luperci Multiple Co-ranks SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2017 Champion!
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Ah, sorry :| Thanks for spelling it out for me lol Appreciate it!

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:42 am

Sie should probably redirect the broken archive on her server to the working one at some point. XD
ALAINEY DREW THIS
avatar by felidre ; sig by alaine

commission info
con schedule (aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
King Explosion Murder
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

News