You're ever welcome with me anytime you like

POSTED: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:29 pm

OOC: Any and all VN puppies (including yNPCs tagging along with their parents) welcome!
Eventual OOC ending: Thyri and Myrkr make it to Furthark Falls. After Thyri nearly falls off a cliff, Myrkr freaks out and the event leaves a lasting impression. Wilson finds them shortly afterwards and brings the naughty puppies back home.[/b]

IC:

Boring grey clouds covered the sky with their dreary drapery, hiding the sun and dulling the already stark colors of winter. The shades of evergreen touching firs and cedar; spruce and hemlock; juniper and pine were, with the exception of the ivory snow, the most abundant hues the season had to offer and today were shrouded in shadows. Even the crimson punches of vibrant mountain ash berries looked somehow dark and dull. Thyri Dawnbringer sighed and laid her head defiantly between her front paws.

Winter was dumb.

She wanted to explore and go on adventures, but she knew her mother wouldn't like that. Even now, she imagined Muddy or maybe even Wilson lurking around, making sure she didn't stray too far. That was dumb, too. And where were all the other puppies? Why didn't anyone come to her house to see if she wanted to play?

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Thyri whined, irritated, and abruptly stretched out long limbs towards a partially-covered pine cone. Unscathed, the pine cone goaded the pale Dawnbringer from its location just out of reach from seeking paws, inciting the high-pitched growl from within her chest.
"You dare defy me!" She barked playfully, gathering up her chubby body in play bow. Again, Thyri reached out a paw but only managed to knock the pine cone further away from her. Excitedly, all her previously pent-up energy releasing itself, the wolf pup charged the scaly cone, snapping it up gently in her mouth before tossing it a short distance away to pounce after it again. "Gotcha!" She howled triumphantly, tossing it away from her again to repeat the process all over. Fine! Thyri thought to herself as pounced the pine cone once more. I can have fun all by myself!

But it would be more fun with others.
Last edited by Thyri Dawnbringer on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
Mate to Merlin Apothecary I Ægishjálmr: Helm of Awe
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:39 pm

lolol have a bro

It had taken some time, but Myrkr had more or less learned how to occupy himself when alone: projects. Without hands or knowledge, there was only so much the pup could do, but building a snow igloo was well within reality. The only problem was that he hadn't expected it to fall in on itself when he'd dug a space large enough to fit his awkwardly long-limbed, quickly-growing body—and now, wet and snow-flecked and unhappy, the young Stormbringer pouted among the ruins of his creation, rasping at his fur with his tongue in mimicry of the cats.

The taste of slush and failure chilly on his tongue, the wolf let his mind wander and go blank—at least until a familiar little growl caught his ear. He twitched both upright and swiveled them when his sister's voice rang out again from the other side of the house. They flattened a moment later; why was Thyri playing with somebody and he wasn't?

A little upset, the dark Aeska padded around the side of the snow-covered hillock of their home, then paused when he spotted the pale girl playing with a pinecone. Slowly, he swept his tongue over his lips and grinned rather evilly, approaching with slow, eerily silent steps. She'd spot him immediately if she wasn't entranced in her little lonesome game, his fur stark charred-wood against the brilliance of the snow, but he was pretty quiet and pretty good at stalking, if he said so himself.

She wasn't the target, anyway.

Myrkr rushed his sister, howling: Uh-oh, Thyri's too slow! then swooped in to grab the pinecone from her, tossing it up into his jaws and hopefully fleeing before she managed to figure out what had just happened.

Raze
Luperci
stay close to me

POSTED: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:51 am

OOC: BRUDDER!
Any/everyone else can still jump in any time, yo c:

IC:

At some point during her solo game, the pine cone had evolved from a villainous foe to a prized treasure that Thyri needed to keep safe from her adversary's dastardly plot. Her vivid Imagination transformed her boring, stark little world into a land of autumn colors: orange and red and yellow. The large pine tree from which her pine cone had fallen had become a sanctuary and Thyri Dawnbringer, fearless princess of a warrior god, was tasked at keeping it safe from the dangers of... of...

The pale girl furrowed her brows in deep thought, considering what types of horrible and threatening creatures she could fight. Making a mental list, Thyri had considered badgers, cougars, and bears before a flash of umber and a missing pine cone abruptly swept her away from the importance of her own little world. "Myrkr!" She yapped, flashing jade surprise at her brother's bouncing form. "That's mine!"

She frowned at him before a thought graced her mind. Shining ivory fangs peeked from the grin that flashed on Thyri's little face, thinking about her previously envisioned adventure. Yes! Myrkr could be the villain! She growled playfully at her darker littermate before bounding after him, "Okay Myrky, you're the bad guy and I'm the hero and the pine cone is, um... well, it's super important and I gotta get it back to that pine tree. That's the game!" She explained briefly before leaping after him, sights set on winning the pine cone back from her nemisis.
Last edited by Thyri Dawnbringer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:59 pm

211 Heyyyy when were we gonna do our other thing? If nobody replies to this in a while do you wanna move this to that idea? :o

The cry tugged a broad grin along his dark muzzle, and narrow silver eyes darted ahead in search of an escape route from the girl. There were plenty of houses around Jordheim to hide behind, though no doubt Thyri knew the paths as well as he. As he ran, however, her growl twisted his ears and her explanation elicited an eager wiggle of his stubby tail. He agreed that it sounded like a lot of fun, and he didn't mind being a bad guy every once in a while. Sometimes it was more fun that way.

The mischievous puppy squeaked as his sister leaped after him, her long legs and plump cream body gaining ground. Taking advantage of his lighter frame, he turned on a dime (or maybe a silver dollar) and galloped toward the stone fence along their house. Amongst the pale remains of the snow-igloo and the shadows of conifer bushes lurked an even darker shadow, with eyes like gleeds leering at them.

You can't catch me, Ri, Myrkr announced in evil triumph. Not with my cat minions!

He rushed by the hidden Muddy, anticipating her leap like a great mottled puma, but the cat only gawked at the children chasing by and resumed licking herself.

Raze
Luperci
stay close to me

POSTED: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:26 am

OOC: You are a genius. Screw it, LET'S DO THIS! They were going to go to the falls, right?

IC:

Skidding in the slippery snow where Myrkr had been, Thyri watched as her darker brother's lithe figure cleared the distance between her and their house and glared at his retreating frame. Myrkr was always quicker than she was. Oversized ears perked at his diabolical announcement, adding insult to injury with his truthful taunt. "Oh yeah?" She challenged back, digging large paws into the grey snow for traction as she bounded after the youthful Stormbringer, grinning maniacally when she passed by Muddy's shadow without so much as a hiss. "So much for your minions, Myr!" She sneered. "I got past your defenses easy!"

Lowering her head so that it aligned with her back, Thyri slunk towards her brother with piercing pale eyes, making slow and deliberate movements. She glanced at the pine cone, trying to gauge its distance from where she was. As much as she hated to admit it, Myrkr was faster than she was so she'd have to use the element of surprise in order to win back her treasure. But how? Thyri disguised her frown of concentration with a glare and a toothy snarl, still stalking nearer to him slowly.

Then, abruptly, the pale sister stopped and sat, tilting her head to listen to an imaginary sound. "Hey, Myrkr. Do you hear that?" She asked innocently, hoping to draw his attention away from the pine cone. Thryi glanced at him, then back in the direction of Futhark Falls. "I think it's a bird," She lied, inching her body nearer to his. If she could steal his attention away from her for just a little while longer, she might have a chance of it. A single large ear flickered and she cocked her head the other way. "Maybe its hurt and it needs our help!" Almost there. "Wanna go check it out?"

She paused in her attempts to triumph over Myrkr's dastardly plot, a new and more exciting idea striking her. Even if there wasn't actually an injured bird, why shouldn't they go exploring down at Futhark Falls? They'd have to ditch Muddy somehow, though... Thyri flashed pale green eyes in the direction of the fastidious feline, thinking. They'd have to be really sneaky about this.
Even though the pine cone had lost all of its value, Thyri snatched the crunchy item up anyway and darted in zigzags in the general direction of the falls to draw Myrkr away from Muddy's prying ears. "Try and catch me, Mryky! Betcha you can't!" She yelled, hoping he'd take the bait so they could plan more secretively.

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:59 am

215 Yessssss.

Yeah well it's not like they were trying, Myrkr muttered mostly to himself as his sister blew past Muddy. He paused in his galloping and swung toward her to gauge how close she was. She'd given up in her futile efforts to catch him (though if she better understood the concept of patience and endurance, she would know Myrkr could not go fast very long) and instead stalked toward him, paw over paw, her lips curled to bare her bright white puppy teeth.

When she froze, Myrkr stopped and wrinkled his brow in concentration. But Muddy hadn't heard an injured bird, or she would have eaten it already, he thought—but he came to the conclusion too slowly, as Thyri snatched the prize from him and raced off with a taunt thrown over her golden shoulder. Growling, the boy chased after her and glared when they were out of sight and sound of the grooming cat, aiming to slam his body into her. The action would likely hurt him more than her, as her body was sturdier than his, but he wanted her to stop and explain herself.

You're lying about the bird, the wolf boy barked, but softly, as he'd sensed Thyri was drawing him away for a reason.

Raze
Luperci
stay close to me

POSTED: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:44 am

Thanks in part to her thick legs and chubby body, Thyri had little chance to stay ahead of Myrkr for long. And, with her mind occupied by fantastical ideas, she was not prepared for the impact of their bodies when, after deeming she was a reasonable distance from the ever-listening felines, she slowed her pace. A barking yelp erupted from her pale throat and the pine cone popped out of her mouth from the force of air. Despite her solid build, the instability of the snow caused the girl to lose her footing and, with a crunch, land directly atop the fragile pine cone, its brittle scales breaking as if they were made of ice.

Thryi scrambled quickly back onto her feet, unharmed, and glared at her brother. "Watch where you're going!" she snarled, shaking her thick fur of snow and pine cone particles. She allowed a final glanced onto her flattened prize, shards of umber laying starkly against the colorless snow, before shooting a look back over her shoulder to where they'd come. It didn't appear Muddy was following them. At least not yet.

"Of course I was!" she shot back in a harsh whisper, still a little annoyed with him for running into her. Jade eyes surveyed behind her once more before turning back onto her darker brother with a shining glint of mischief in the grin she flashed over at him. Despite there being nobody else nearby, Thyri pulled herself closer to Myrkr conspiratorially. "But," she started, looking thoughtful, "there might be something that needs our help and I think we should check it out 'cause that's what mom would do. 'Sides, it might be something the grownups would wanna know about." She added this last part hoping it would be enough to hook her brother in. The Falls would be a lot of fun to explore without the watchful gaze of an adult - feline or otherwise - scrutinizing their every more but she knew Myrkr would need a little more encouragement.

While she waited for her brother to consider this, Thyri thought about what she would do if he refused. She supposed she could try to go on her own, but he would probably tattle on her and not only would she not get to see the Falls but she would also be in trouble. The Dawnbringer girl didn't like to be in trouble, though she often ended up being reprimanded for something or another nonetheless. But she couldn't help it - she had an adventurer's spirit and didn't like to be tied down by meaningless rules and boundaries. If Myrkr opted out of their little exploration, she supposed she could always try and ditch him then go off on her own. But then she'd also have to ditch Muddy and probably Wilson, too.

With this predicament in mind, the pale girl decided to try a pleading, submissive approach with her brother - just to sweeten the deal. Pegging Myrkr with her best, most gentle and innocent of looks, Thyri sat with her ears lowered and smiled sweetly at her dear brother. She wasn't a very good actress, but she hoped it would be enough to get them going.

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:58 am

I love your posts always. >:3

His sister toppled with a crunch, and for an instant a wild panic surged in Myrkr, something not unlike the sick rush of anxiety when he'd mouthed off his mother. It was short-lived, when Thyri leaped back onto her feet and snarled at him, the broken pine cone dusting her fur, but left his tummy feeling odd and his long limbs quivering.

He flattened his ears at her in response, feeling too strange to retort smartly as was characteristic for him in these arguments, but lifted them again when his sister sidled in closer, whispering.

I -- Myrkr began, but bit his tongue as its pink tip stuck out between his teeth. He shook his fur free of snow -- though he hadn't been as messy as post-fall Thyri -- and frowned thoughtfully. Her green puppy eyes did little for him as he turned away from her, but that he cast a thoughtful look to the ground rather than a worried one toward Jordheim was telling.

Well, you might be right, the dark puppy said at last. That'd be real helpful. After all, he was certain Thyri would be an Araedi one day -- and even if he didn't know what path he wanted to follow, he would be a contributing member of society if he reported on something dangerous out in the woods. Not every Araedi and Vald could be at every inch of the territory at the same time, and they might miss something that Shiloh's clever children could find.

He smiled at her, though it was a little small and uncertain. Where do you think we should look? he asked, deferring to her.

Raze
Luperci
stay close to me

POSTED: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 pm

OOC: <333 Feel free to PP Thyri as needed, my dear c:

IC:

So distracted by the concern that they were being followed was Thyri that the girl didn't even notice how her brother had grown quiet and pensive. Besides, there were other things to occupy her mind and presently she was keen to forget about Myrkr's body making contact with hers to focus on more exciting matters. Swiveling her head back around from another stolen glance towards where Muddy was still hopefully cleaning her already pristine fur, the young Dawnbringer listened eagerly for her brother's response. She watched him hesitate, shake his dark fur, then frown and swept her creamy tail back and forth to help convince the young boy that her idea was perfectly harmless.

Thyri couldn't know what his thoughts consisted of and couldn't understand why he was so slow at reaching a decision. If she hadn't wanted him to come along with her so badly, she may have been more cross and impatient with him or abandoned her cause altogether. But she held her tongue and kept her tail wagging and refused to turn her pleading eyes away from his pools of silver.

When at last his thoughts finally came to a resolution, the girl could barely contain her immense exhilaration. She snapped her head up and down with enthusiasm, agreeing with his flawless observation that she was right. "It'd be very helpful," she confirmed, adopting as serious a look as she could behind her excitement. "And just think how proud momma would be! I bet even Florina would be impressed." The golden Sannindi, with her imposing size and fierce command, was something of an idol to the pale pup. However, while Thyri would never admit it, Florina also scared her a little as well.

She wasn't entirely lying when she thought the adults would be impressed with them, especially if they found something important, and the more she considered this the more she believed it almost entirely. Catching Myrkr's small smile she responded with a broader one of her own, then glanced about them in light of his question. "Well," she began, rising to all four paws and shaking her thick coat again. "This way, of course." She gestured with a jerk of her head in the direction she believed the Falls to be.

Without waiting for him, Thyri set off at a brisk pace, feeling confident they'd be going the right way. After several wolf lengths, she turned back to make sure he was following her. "C'mon Myrkr!" she said with encouragement, tail flopping happily over her back. "Let's have fun!"

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Sorry for the wait. :( Advancing this along, so lemme know if anything isn't okay!

See galleries for credit.

Yeah, Myrkr agreed, his hesitant smile crawling bigger across his long snout, and twitched his ears with surprise when the Sannindi's name was dropped. You think? Florina frightened him, and he would be quicker to admit that than his sister, but in the same way he believed that getting her attention was something special. She was so stoic, a ghost constantly patrolling the borders and protecting her pack, that he didn't think she even knew he and Thyri existed. But to do something real special, and to get the Sannindi to see...

I'm comin'! the dark pup said tardily, pushing off the ground and springing after his sibling as she ran. And we're not having fun, we're doing work, remember? he pressed with a side-eyed glare in her direction, galloping with puppy clumsiness as the path grew twisted and steep and the forest swallowed them up. The pinecone was forgotten; even the cats were forgotten. They were scouting and watching out and they were going to discover something good.

He began to believe in it, himself, and his chest felt light and his tongue lolled from his jaws. His ears pinned under the thundering echo of Futhark Falls, but he swallowed his worry and the warnings Shiloh had given him and Bjorn about it. After all, those warnings would make him safer, right? He knew what he was doing!

But his paws didn't, and he staggered even as they ascended steep ground. He caught himself, looked at his sister, and realized all at once the overpowering, alarming thought that if he pushed her, just a little, she'd go careening down.

The puppy yapped a warning at her, and froze.

Raze
Luperci
stay close to me

Dead Topics