Changes

POSTED: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:43 am

WC: 300+ | Dated 20 Dec, 2014

All morning, Shore had been feeling restless. It wasn't her normal desire to be out and active; it was different. Strange. She felt like she wanted to move around, but not far from home, and she could not think of anything she actually wanted to do. She felt itchy and, really, just plain weird. Bothering her sister didn't help, and it only got her scolded and told to go play outside by her mother, who at this point was slightly smaller than her.

Still, she listened to her anyway because that was expected, and she loved her mother. Being outside only meant pacing around. Sarge, the cat that had at this point basically become her companion, watched her wander around the hill that was their house with unblinking eyes. He almost seemed annoyed by the commotion she was causing.

"Well if you don't want to stare at me, no one's making you," she finally snapped at him, tired of his near-glare. It was normal for him to do since he took after his father that way, and Major had helped raise her, though at this point, she had grown to twice his size and didn't really need his supervision anymore.

"You smell weird," he told her and she scoffed at him.

"Well gee thanks," she muttered.

"Different, then," he amended in the same short high speech sentences that his father used. She supposed he was just smelling how oddly restless she felt; Shore had long ago noticed that her mother's scent changed when she was afraid or nervous, so that was probably what he was sensing. But why was not something she understood.

Shore was about to make another childishly rude comment when a strange sensation suddenly went through her body. It didn't hurt, per say, but it was really uncomfortable. It felt like her body was trying to do something. Then her eyes widened and she raced back to the door, Sarge at her heels.

"Momma!" She shouted, tail tucked between her legs. "Momma let me in!" Never mind that she could open the door herself by pulling on the cloth tied to the handle. The door was yanked open and Aspen's worried face appeared.
Last edited by Shore Stormbringer on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:57 am

WC: 300+

All morning, Shore had been acting strange. Ode avoided her, which was unsurprising. As the much less boisterous daughter, she tended to feel uneasy when Shore was tearing around, especially now that they were both so big. Shore was bigger, and Aspen knew they still had some growing to do, but at this point, they would be hunting with the pack if they were still in her old home.

Finally, with Shore outside to burn off some of her energy, Aspen went back to chipping away at her latest arrowhead. She wanted to have about ten more finished and hoped to ask Ascher for some shafts to make the arrows. Shore had expressed interest in a horse, and while Aspen wanted to keep Alazne, she thought perhaps trading for another horse would be a good idea. She figured she could also add some dried fish and a couple of pelts to the deal and hopefully get a horse in decent shape that wasn't too rowdy, although she suspected Shore would be able to handle a much more spirited horse.

The rhythmic clicking of her tools on stone filled the room, but came to a sudden stop when Shore's scared voice filtered in from the door. Aspen jumped, taking a chip out of the nearly finished arrowhead, but at least this time she had not gotten her thumb. She didn't even have time to sigh at the now ruined piece because Shore was again yelling, this time to be let in, which confused Aspen because she was perfectly capable of opening the door herself. Something must be wrong. Ears tucked against her head, Aspen dashed over and pulled the door open.

"What's wrong?" She asked with a worried expression, but Shore looked fine, except that her tail was between her legs. Ode appeared behind her with a confused look, but said nothing.
Aspen

Myst
Luperci Livestock Manager + Cook + Stable Hand Head of the Starfa Tier
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
because it's all i have today
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:19 pm

WC: 300+

For a moment, Shore ignored her mom's question and pushed her way inside. Her fur became puffed up as the strange feeling went through her again, making her skin crawl. Sarge followed her inside and followed the wall around the room where he sat in a corner to watch what was going on. His fur was on end as well due to how unnerved she was.

"I don't know," she finally replied as Aspen closed the door. Ode backed away from her, ears back. "I just feel weird, like I'm supposed to do something, but I don't know what. I felt this way all day. I don't like it, Momma." She whined a little and started to pace while Aspen watched her. The crawling feeling under Shore's skin started again and she brought a paw up to scratch at her neck.

"What's wrong with me?" She asked before standing up again to walk towards the table. Once she reached it, she turned back to look at Aspen, who no longer looked worried. Instead, there was a small smile on her face, which only caused Shore to frown. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She demanded as her tail lashed to and fro.

"Well, um, I think you're going to shift," her mother replied and Shore froze, eyes wide, staring at her.

"Really?" She said, excitement starting to take over from nervousness. "It's really happening?" Her front end bounced a little as she asked this. "How can I make it happen?"

"You just have to wait," Aspen told her, and Shore huffed. Then the feeling returned again, stronger this time and this time her body actually did something. She felt her shape change, growing taller, and could hardly contain her excitement. Shore looked down at the floor, where she stood hunched with what used to be front paws bracing in front of her in a rather uncomfortable position.

"Stand up," Aspen encouraged gently, and so Shore did. She felt a little off balance at first, but her brain already knew what to do, and she caught herself before she fell over. Shore could not stop staring at her hands. Aspen stepped closer to her and Shore was surprised to find herself looking down slightly at her. She was barely taller than her right now, and her frame was willowy, needing a bit more filling out, but she had hands!

POSTED: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:41 pm

WC: 500+

The smile on Aspen's face grew as Shore's expression changed from fear to excitement. Aspen had not felt that way about shifting; it had been scary because she shifted early, without warning or explanation from her parents, and she had been alone. Luckily, her daughters were much more sheltered than she was, and it afforded them the opportunity to shift when they were ready, and Aspen was more than happy to give that to them.

Ode shuffled her feet nervously at Aspen's side and she put a gentle hand on her younger daughter's head to comfort her. Her turn would likely be soon, and Aspen was glad she would be able to see Shore excited for it, so she would also know there was nothing to be afraid of.

At this point, all there was to do was wait. Later would come practice and growing accustomed to the feeling of shifting, but right now, it needed to happen first. By now, Major had been attracted by the commotion and Aspen wished Ascher was there, but there wouldn't be enough time to get him. She was reminded momentarily of when she went into labor and sent Jin to get him. This, however, was not an emergency, and she needed to be here for Shore.

Then, finally, it happened. Aspen watched as her daughter seemed to grow up before her eyes. Sure, her daughter's lupus form was slightly taller than her own at the moment, but she still had some puppy features to her. As she shifted to her Optime form, that seemed to fade away, and Aspen couldn't help but feel a bit choked up. Before Ascher, Aspen had never really thought of herself even having puppies at all, let alone raising two like this and watching one shift.

Aspen's eyes remained on Shore as she straightened up and she was not surprised to find that her daughter was taller than her, if only a little bit. Her mane was like Ascher's, without the wild curls that fell in Aspen's face. It would be more manageable for Shore, so that was probably good. Aspen suspected Shore would still get annoyed by it falling in her face, but that would be easily fixed.

"How do you feel?" Aspen asked while Shore marveled at her hands.

"I can finally do stuff!" Shore looked up with a grin, tail wagging excitedly. "I can learn to ride a horse and Daddy can teach me to write, and I can learn to use a staff and a bow and-" she stopped and finally let her hands go to her sides before walking over to Aspen. "And I can hug you, Momma," she said, wrapping her arms around Aspen, who smiled and hugged her back. Ode bumped Aspen's hand with her nose, and the pair knelt to include her in the hug before standing up again.

"I'm gonna go show Daddy!" Shore said giddily. "See you later!" She ran out the door, leaving Aspen smiling at her with a hand back on Ode's head.

"You'll be soon, don't worry," Aspen told her.

"I know, Momma," Ode replied with a smile and a gentle wag of her tail as Aspen closed the door Shore had left open. "Daddy's gonna be surprised."

"Yes he is," Aspen said deciding that would be a funny sight to see.
Aspen

Myst
Luperci Livestock Manager + Cook + Stable Hand Head of the Starfa Tier
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
because it's all i have today
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

Dead Topics