[J] - At the border

POSTED: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:06 am

Adela tilted her head back, tasting the air. She could smell that she was right on the edge of a pack’s territory, and she remembered the survival skills her parents had drilled into her head well enough to know not to cross, not to risk angering any of them. It had been a few weeks since she had been separated from her pack, and the effect was beginning to show on her. She had lost weight, becoming even smaller than she had been before. She was tired, and had gone for so long without a proper meal that she was beginning to lose her appetite.

She had come to terms with the realization that tracking her family had long since become a lost cause, and knew that if she wanted to survive then she was going to have to join a pack, if they would have her. She hoped that they would have her because she knew without a doubt that she wouldn’t survive on her own and she doubted that she could find another pack to join.

She let out a slow breath, looking around. She was so tired... Every inch of her was just aching to drop to the ground and allow unconsciousness to overwhelm her. But she knew that she didn’t have time for that, and if everything went alright then she could rest soon enough.

She looked around, as close to the border as she dared to be, and called out. “Hello? Is there anyone there?” She hoped that she would be heard, and if she was, that she was acknowledged.

Emma
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 am

That's Our Kind of Love
With wide eyes and bumbling steps, the children of the leadership were becoming ever more active. Their crawls were becoming more defined, and along that came mischief. Alyssum had found one of her girls, Valerie, chewing quite merrily on the corner of the bed which her parents slept. After giving a kind word as to show that her behavior was wrong and gifting her with a soft leather to satisfy her growing teeth, she settled the middle pup back with her napping siblings.

Knowing that they would be watched over, the Luna donned her cloak and bow, and collected her mare from the stables. Antebellum greeted her with an excited series of snorts, and it was not before long did they set off with a renewed vigor. The woman had been absent from the horse and her hunts because of her motherly duties, but as the litter grow older as well as others being able to watch over their play, she found more opportunities to slip away for a moment to allow a moment of release. Soon the bobbing of their pace had put her to a comfortable ease, and she expertly shot down a rabbit with a coat of winter white as it tried to outrun the galloping pair.

As they came upon near the borders, Alyssum having slowed their pace to that of a mild trot, she heard a voice among the wood. She second guessed herself, perhaps only hearing what the breeze made out to be words, but she felt the mare turn towards the voice, and on the wind she did, indeed, sense the presence of another. She approached the boundary, and from there saw a figure. It was a young female, one unfamiliar in looks as well as scent. Greetin', this is the border of Casa di Cavalieri. My name's Alyssum, alphess of this place, she spoke once near enough for suitable speech, her formality smooth and easily delivered from many times practiced. That aside, her words became warmer and kindly, You need any help or somethin'?

Weclome welcome to Casa! 8D / +342

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 am

Adela's ears fell as she looked at the alphess for a moment before her body slumped tiredly. "I... I'm tired, and alone. My family was nomadic, I... I was separated some time ago..." Her voice was quiet from both her exhaustion and her fear of upsetting the Alphess in some way unintentionally. She wanted to be in this pack, she wanted to have a place to belong and feel safe, and she just simply couldn't allow herself to mess it up. Silently, she pleaded for the alphess to take her, if not into the pack than at least for the night so that she might have a place to sleep.

She looked to the ground, sighing. "I was hoping to make a request to join the pack," she said softly, not daring to look at the other wolf again as her body simultaneously burned with hope and felt empty from just how drained she truly was. She shifted her weight, waiting for a response and hoping beyond hope that she had not made any wrong moves. She had never really had to do this before. Her father had taken care of matters on the rare occasions that they would pass through a territory. But had they largely kept to themselves in neutral areas. "Or at least request a place to rest for the time being..."

Emma
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 am

That's Our Kind of Love
She listened as the young wolf—she appeared to be no younger than a year, maybe not even that—softly spoke, and almost immediately the maternal creature wanted to extend her hand and take her in. But, Alyssum refrained from doing so until the girl had finished speaking, both to not interrupt her and to follow leader etiquette. She knew she couldn't take in every single canine that gave her a sad story, even as honest as this female was speaking it, and she had to observe first to determine their credibility. But, but her posture and the she talked, the lunar queen knew that the girl was not making up a story.

She slipped down easily from the horse, and took a few steps towards the other, careful in measure as to not disturb her. You can stay the night, darlin'. We always have an extra room or two for guests to sleep in, so it's no trouble at all. As for joinin', she took a pause, and her face shifted to something more kindred, yet holding the air of gentle firmness. You don't have to necessarily decide that now. You're tired, and you can decide if you want to stay tomorrow. But, I got to ask you a few questions, nothin' personal or bad.

Do you have any skills that may be useful, if you were to stay? Like huntin'.
She gestured to the bow and limp rabbit that remained on the mare, to show an example. It's alright if you don't—we can always teach you some—but it's nice to know for reference.

83 / +264

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 am

Adela looked to the rabbit and bow, thinking for a moment before nodding. "Y-yes, I helped my brothers with hunting. They've always been better than me, though," she said, feeling better not to lie to the alphess in any sort of way. "I'm better hunting in a group than on my own." When they were small things, her father had more often taken her brothers hunting while she and her mother stayed behind. It was the system that her parents had worked out. And while it had shifted as she grew bigger to that she could sometimes come along, being as small as she was meant that her parents hadn't liked taking her along. So when her brothers had started hunting on their own, they extended an invitation to her that she had eagerly accepted.

"I can help out where I can, though. I'm a fast learner..." She cast a nervous glance to the woman, as though afraid that she would be turned away still if she didn't have something she could do. "And I'm okay with cooking, if you all like that sort of thing." Some groups they had come across preferred to simply eat their meat raw, not bothering with any sort of preparation, her mother had always enjoyed the process of cooking meat, though, and had taught Adela how to do it.

Emma
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 pm

That's Our Kind of Love
Bein' experienced in huntin' is good. Maybe after a while, you'll be able to go out on your own? Alyssum encouraged with a smile, hoping that her bright demeanor would soon easy the girl. But, all wolves were different than the next, and she was not going to pry the female and force her to be something she did not want to be. It all came with an ease to the alphess to decide her next words, and she uttered them with a quiet confidence as well as a gentle kindness.

She listened as she explained that she was a learner, and the woman nodded with a final nod as she finished speaking about her cooking ability (as Alyssum recalled, no one in the pack in particular had that skill), hearing what she wanted to hear. Cookin' isn't practiced here, so it's somethin' new. I try my hand at it every now and then, but... She trailed off her sentence with a crooked grin, no words needing to further expand upon her ventures into the crafting of food and how they would not lead to good places by the way she left her words hanging in the air. And, if we ask for anythin', we ask for learners. Nothin' better than that. We teach our own how to do all sorts of things, but we can explain that later.

She stepped to the horse, and after removing the bow and the rabbit, she turned back to the girl, waving with a hand to gesture for her to come over the borders. Alyssum was silent for another moment before asking with a slight laugh in her voice, Ah, forgetful me! I haven't caught your name, sweetheart, what is it?

+288

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Adela smiled softly as the alphess spoke, still on edge but slowly realizing that it wasn't likely that the woman was going to attack her. The warm smile and demeanor reminded Adela of her own mother, back when she was scarcely old enough to remember it. She slowly began to allow just how tired she was show as she began to hope that she might be able to truly stay, it was all she could do to just barely stumble over the boarder as she walked in, body weary and mind little more than a bag of fluff.

She looked up as the woman spoke again, blinking with wide eyes as it took her several seconds to process the question. "Oh! Ah... My name is Adela," she said softly, barely stuttering at all, and looking up at the woman for a moment. She was slowly beginning to relax more, although she wouldn't have been surprised if that was just exhaustion fully taking effect with her, and was glad to have such a welcoming presence near her. "You... Said your name was Alyssum, right? I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I'm very worn..." Her insides twisted at the thought of accidentally offending the alphess after having been doing so well.

Emma
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 pm

That's Our Kind of Love
She watched and waited patiently as the young girl came from outside of the territory and into her kingdom, though not without a lack of worry. While the wolf did not seem in any danger of physical harm, the fatigue that held onto her seemed almost on the verge of overcoming the youngster; the worse that would come from that was maybe a bump and bruise from falling over, but Alyssum did not know if she could watch such a thing happen, at least not while in her close presence.

The lunar queen listened closely as the girl spoke her name. Adela... Such a pretty name, she commented honestly, smiling even further as it appeared that she was becoming more relaxed in her company. It flashed into a humorous grin for a moment as she was asked for her own identity, but it softened down back into the kind one. You can call me Aly, darlin', and it's no trouble at all. Let's get you to the fort—that's where all of our members meet and sleep, though the latter takes place in our courthouse. She stepped up to her animal companion as she added, letting her gaze linger on the girl for a moment before looking at the palomino, And, welcome to Casa.

She whispered something into the mare's ear in the horse tongue, which was returned with a muffled snort from Antebellum, and once more turned her sight to Adela. If you're comfortable enough, you can ride Antebellum. It's not a long walk to Kingsbury, and we should get there within a couple of minutes. Maybe if they were lucky, the pups would be rising from their nap, and they would be able to meet their newest visitor, and perhaps their future packmate.

Yay! 8D / +288

Welcome to Casa di Cavalieri!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Famiglia rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Punishments so that you and your character can abide by Casa di Cavalieri's standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact Melissa or Aly and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Adela smiled wearily, walking over to the horse as Alyssum spoke. "Y-yes. Thank you ma- Aly..." She stopped a few steps from the horse, eyeing it carefully before stepping forward and setting a hand on its side. She could feel the muscles of the great creature twitching just beneath the skin, responding to her touch. She smiled after a moment as the horse didn't seem to be all that disturbed by her or react against her negatively. She glanced to Alyssum, eyelids drooping for a few moments as she fought to keep herself awake, at the very least until the got back to the fort that Alyssum had mentioned.

"I've never ridden one of these, before," she said as she continued to slowly examine the horse. "In my family, we more often than not stayed in Lupus forms so it never really seemed relevant..." She, on the other hand, had always had an enjoyment of shifting, and found the Optime to be just as comfortable for her as the Lupus form. She tilted her head as she looked to her hands for a moment. "I might fall if I ride, but if I walk, I'm likely to fall asleep before we arrive." She smiled somewhat sheepishly at that. She didn't like how tired she had become, certain that it was making a horrible impression for her.

Emma
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 pm

That's Our Kind of Love
A Cheshire grin flashed across her face once more as Adela nearly stumbled and called her ma'am, and could not help but feel enlightened by the girl's innocence. She had the feeling that she would fit right within the pack finely, if she was to decide she would stay.

I raised in a settin' like that, too, she commented, her mind going back in time to her youth. So little time she had spent there, she noticed in retrospect, and yet left an unforgettable mark on her. True, it pushed her to be civilized, but Alyssum was able to understand what she must have been feeling when she mentioned Antebellum. The mare merely acted uninterested in the whole situation, as was her usual behavior. She snorted a few, indifferent bursts of breath from her nose, but nothing to show that she was not pleased by the girl's touch, having been around other wolves ever since she was a little filly, as far as Alyssum knew.

She watched Adela as she contemplated what was to be done, and the woman added, We can both ride on her, and I can kept you from fallin' off. She's a study beast, and can take both of our weight easily. Right, Bella? Another seemingly uncaring muffle sounded from the mare, but it did at least show that the creature itself did not mind the extra load, if not to prove her strength to the newcomer. The subtle show-off. But, it's up to you; you can even get on her if you feel too tired to walk anymore mid-trip.

+264

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

Dead Topics