Swooning to the charms of Mephisto's waltz

POSTED: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:25 pm

205 Set during the feast/dance. Come boogy with Skoll? :D CdM + CdC peeps welcome!

The tall (if not quite what passed for tall among these Knights) wolfdog pushed his chair back from the table, rising and wiping at his bloodied mouth with a hand. His belly as full, if not too much so to impede movement, and he had enough ale sloshing around there to warm him and make dancing tonight seem like a really good idea. He licked the last stubborn bits of meat from his chops, tasting both blood (for anyone who cooked their meet thoroughly was missing the best damn part) and the conservative amount of spice that had gone into the meal. He wasn't one for fancy eatin', though he appreciated whoever had butchered the meat; they'd chosen the best cuts to serve.

The music played and echoed in the hall along with the chattering voices and crackling of the fires. It was a simple tune, no doubt elementary to human ears, but the beat (and the alcohol) invigorated Skoll and sent him out onto the dance floor. His steps were placed carefully, his braided hair (quickly coming undone) swishing behind a tossed head as he aimed a leering grin at the nearest canine, hoping to invite them to come over and play.

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:25 pm

ooc here! [222]

"Speaking." Thinking.

Grynn loved parties bit being able to bond with other packs was a grand time for her indeed. She as normal preened herself to the hilt as she got ready to go to the party. She smiled at Uryu as they got ready and she twirled for him. It was fun to dress up for someone. Before she only dressed nice for herself and to try to swoon would be suitors. Now she dressed for him always wanting to be his pride and joy.

Grynn looked around the hall as she released Uryu's hand and smiled. I'm going to mingle a bit your free to follow She stated knowing that he was still getting used to things like this. Grynn moved onto the dance floor with light graceful foot steps. She spotted someone from the court and smiled moving over to him as she gave a light curtsy. Bonsoir She spoke lightly testing the french word on her tongue. Uryu had been working hard to teach her, it was rather fun to be honest learning another language. Do you mind if I dance with you. My name is Grynn Knight I'm the grand daughter of the sole. She stated as she fixed her dress slightly. The knee length made her feel a bit odd since she was used to floor length gowns.

Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie
Luperci Scout, Blacksmith The Brotherhood: Master of Stealth

POSTED: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:43 pm

230 Anyone else is still free to join this! Allll the dancing! :D

In dark leather armor, his golden fur caught the light from the braziers. Skoll may have been distracted by the sheen of a mirror had his attention not been drawn to the other dancers, both Courtiers he recognized (and was amused to see out in their finery), and their new friends. It did not take long for one Cavalier, a wolfish woman with bold and domestic markings, to approach with a curtsey and accented greeting.

Bonsoir, Grynn, Skoll replied with a gallant bow of his own, though one exaggerated by mockery and the drink. His grin was brilliant and good-natured as he straightened, though, and aimed to take her hand as reply to her question. He was glad to dance and see what lessons from the courtly Princess still stuck with him. He was glad that she was a shorter partner, however; some of these Knight women would likely lead him rather than the other way around.

He attempted to gracefully lead her into a step, but bumped his back into another dancing couple and laughed. He drew her to a less crowded part of the room, movements careful and slow. I'm Skoll Haskel, Seneschal of the Court and son of its late King, he replied, naming his own titles with a pride understated in tone but obvious in his wording. He was somebody and he knew it.

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 am

ooc here! [435]

"Speaking." Thinking.

Grynn was a girl who had always thought that a prince was what she needed. Maybe it was the stories she had been read or as she aged self-entitlement. She was a woman of class and good breeding thus she deserved someone of equal value no? She was slightly saddened that Uryu had chosen to hang back at the table though that was more his speed was it not? She glanced back only for a mere moment before she allowed Skoll to take the lead. The sun prince was stunningly handsome almost captivating as she looked at him.

She listened to him as he spoke and took a step back as they bumped into another pair. She couldn’t help but chuckle a bit at him. That makes you Liam’s brother. She spoke. The Catori male was also a son of the late king. He was also the only one who Uryu ever talked to in his family here. He had gone to find them and gotten lost and found her instead.

She followed his lead looking into his eyes a bit as she smiled. I think I know someone you would like to meet. She stated as she released the hand that was upon his shoulder. She turned slightly searching for Uryu. Pointing towards the dark male. Before returning her hand. That man is my mate, his name it Uryu Catori. He’s your eldest sisters son. She spoke as she returned her attention back to the dance.

The sound of the band was captivating. Though her goal was not to get swept away but to mingle. She had not taken the time to talk to anyone in the court save for Liam and a few others. She wanted this chance to get to know those they were allying with. She felt herself sway into a dip as she smiled. While others here could become her friends she found herself wanting to know him because in an odd twist of fate they were related.

Skoll what are the duties of the Seneschal? I don’t really know much about the court to tell you the truth. She asked more in a chance to get information about the court. She really should take time and go over and see the place herself. She also tried to steer the conversation in a new direction incase the golden man wasn’t into talking about family. She wasn’t sure about what he liked to talk about or not so she figured she was test the waters and he seemed rather proud of his title so it was a safe way to go.

Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:02 am

414, optime, deer fur cloak. Morty is a wreck waiting to happen

Morty was never really sure what to make of a party. She really enjoyed talking and doing things, though her ideas of appropriate discussion did not often correlate with most idea of good conversation. The medic wanted to tell them about two faced puppies and death and blood and how many have died during feasts, choking incidents and the like. The first few conversations she had tried had ended rather quickly with a disgusted expression or one of pure terror. Morty wasn't really sure what she was doing wrong, she was smiling and making eye contact and gesturing enthusiastically. She supposed they just didn't enjoy her stories, which was their own loss.

The dance floor was another option, there was less talking there but she wasn't that great of a dancer. She certainly wasn't wasted because she knew what liquor could do and she had seen idiots fall into more trouble drunk than in any other state. Morty knew how to enjoy herself and watched a pair meet on the edge of the dance floor. She didn't know the golden one and assumed that it was a member of the court, but she knew who Grynn was. The granddaughter of the sole was easy to distinguish as she was a distinguished kind of wolf.

She knew that she was no kind of royalty but she wore a cloak with deer fur and held similar rank with Grynn. She supposed that she could try against and swooped in like a leering owl towards the two as they chatted amiably. "Hello!" Mroty interjected with a broad, toothy smile. She knew just the thing to break the ice, "Have you ever seen a head completely severed from a body?" Her green eyes widened with delight, she had seen it before a time or two. It had actually been beautifully traumatizing.

A poor canine had come in with a friend's body and his unfortunate head and tried to make her sew it back on. Well, she had tried but it hadn't worked. Morty would try anything at least once and the poor distraught fellow had been less than pleased that she hadn't been able to do anything for his friend. "I mean, I have, it was amazing." This is usually where they cast her off or just kind of walked away but Grynn at least knew her already and the golden wolf dog looked like he had a solid constitution.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:05 pm

-- awwyiss Morty

Liam's brother. Skoll blinked; the remark caught him off guard, normally because he was used to being the most known of his siblings -- the most sociable, at least. Uh, yeah, he responded, quickly losing his cool, and attempted to fix the steps they took to keep composure. He allowed himself to be lost to the dance for a few measures of music before he needed to pause again, watching her point.

Amaranth? Skoll frowned and glanced at the grey wolfdog indicated. Something about his face... But he swept them back into the dance again, smiling oddly. I didn't know she had more children. She had vanished from the Court one night, leaving her daughter and mate behind. I'll have to speak with Uryu, get to know my nephew, he joked, though he was more curious about what had become of Amaranth.

They danced a while, and Skoll lifted his chin with pride as Grynn asked after his duties. Overseeing the military tier, he replied. Training, discipline -- leading by example. His grin was cocky but his stance strong as he led her across the floor, and were it not for his armor she might have felt the scars under his thick pale fur.

He was about to regale her with the story of the last woman he'd saved -- a member of Casa, at that -- when a wild-eyed wolf materialized out of thin air between them with a rather unique icebreaker.

Skoll paused, his eyes narrowing, but the grin stretched across his face, amused and teasing. Can't say I have, the wolfdog replied. Not completely, at least.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:59 pm

ooc here! [435]

"Speaking." Thinking.

It was nice t dance with someone who liked to dance it seemed and someone who was proud of where they stood. She enjoyed their time together as she listened to him speak. I'm sure he would love that. He hasn't had a chance to get to know those who live here. she stated as she glanced to her mate then back to Skoll. I couldn't tell you the details I've never met his mother. Liam knows though he writes Amaranth. Uryu came here to find out how Esperanza was doing in your pack. She stated. Though we fell for each other. the Charm must be a Catori thing. She teased following his lead.

Wow, you must have a lot to do back home. I'm honored you could take the time to dance with me. She smiled half flirting with him. It was true she still wasn't high in the Casa ranks and here she was talking with a man who worked hard was dedicated and truly strong. Just as she was going to ask him something Morty appeared.

Morty that has got to be the oddest introduction ever. She stated looked at the woman. Morty is our Medic among other things. Morty the is Skoll he's the Seneschal in the court. She stated formally introducing them. Morty was an odd woman she'd always sorta given Grynn the creeps but she was never unpleasant to the woman.

Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:18 am

300+

Looking at both of them, she was rather proud that she was not immediately sent away. She cataloged that ice breaker in her mind, as something that didn't immediately get her awkward looks. Perhaps it was just the strong constitution of those that she greeted though. Whatever it was, she would use that phrase once again.

Giving them a broad grin, she was unironically happy about being included between them. It was the thing about Morty is that she was always pleased when she spoke to others. She was a chatter box and enjoyed just chattering away and it didn't matter to her that her subject of conversation usually bordered on the morbid and fascinating. It took a strong stomach to hang around her for the most part, but she knew how to do her job and that garnered a fine amount of respect from most that she spoke to.

"Thank you for the introduction, Grynn!" She said with a broad smile, "I am very good at my job. And Mr. Skoll that seems like a very fancy sounding rank to have. Mines a bit more obvious than yours, I'm afraid." Every pack had their special way of ranking each other and it was often hard for her to get them all straight. She was a medic, that was easy, medics earned a certain amount of respect in any culture because they were healers. Seneschal though, she had no idea what that was in the slightest.

"And I must say, Skoll, if you happen to get the chance. A public beheading perchance, it is truly fascinating. I assume the heart keeps beating for a momenta and blood simply goes everywhere. I ran in a rough and tumble crowd for awhile and the beheading I saw will always be in my memory," She let out an airy sigh as though the memory was a very fond one. "Though, the clean up. Never want that to happen in my office." She kept a clean space despite the chaos of her personal home.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Oops, forgot how much Skoll would know/not know about Esper. :o Lemme know if I need to change!

See galleries for credit.

Esperanza? Skoll echoed, his confusion doubling as he thought to his brother's ruddy-furred little charge. That Liam knew and hadn't told him didn't surprise the Seneschal too much, however. Whatever closeness they'd had when Skoll was a puppy had been ruined by his bullheadedness and penchant for starting fights amongst his family. It didn't matter to him, though. It couldn't.

We are rather easy to fall for, the man quipped, grinning at her remark, and laughed. Well, diplomacy and goodwill must be one duty of a royal Court member. If that means dancing with beautiful women, then so be it.

His amusement did not falter as Grynn introduced Morty -- a name decidedly out of place among a ballroom of Knights and Sadiras and Catoris, Grynns and Skolls. He nodded when she was described as a medic, green eyes lidded with wry amusement. She seemed to have more backbone than the Court's own medics, though it was a bit unfair to describe Liam as spineless. The Catori knew his way around a sword and was a guardian as much as he was a healer -- but Liam didn't gush about bloody battlefields and executions, either. Such talk would shame proper folk -- like Pascal, whom Skoll was glad and regretted wasn't here.

I suppose allowing a patient to bleed out in your office would suggest a failing of duties, Skoll remarked, and aimed to squeeze Grynn's hand before he offered it to Morty to dance, instead. If you don't mind, he told the collie-wolf first, and raised his brows charmingly at Morty. What did this poor salaud do to deserve a beheading?

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

Dead Topics