this self-destructing dance never would've ended

p. Kentaro; Courtyard

POSTED: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:38 am

[347] Suckyyy >.> I hope Kentaro can skin? lol

Their house back in Thackery Village was warmer than the castle here. Even with the smaller windows, these windows barely had glass and most of the structure was made from rock. Rock did not make it warm like their old house did. Even with its old carpet, smelly couches, dusty furniture and overall failing structure, their Thackery Village home was so much warmer than the castle was. Her mother had enough furs to cover all of the windows, but it was still chilly and enough to be chilled to the bone. Lithia shuddered at the thought, even as she was no longer in the castle, but outside of it. In her lap, she held the carcass of a rabbit that she had caught earlier. With her dagger in the other, she managed to cut its head off, which was resting on the ground at her side, but as far as skinning the thing, she was lost. She really wanted to be helpful and even though she knew that a rabbit hide wouldn’t be enough to cover the window or stop up a drafty door, she wanted to skin it right. However, she had no idea how to.

Despite knowing that her mother could skin because she had watched her do it numerous times, Lithia thought that she’d be able to do it from memory. However, as she sat there with the bleeding body in her lap, she was at a loss for ideas. She was less adept to asking someone else for help, but she was starting to think back on her word with that as well. How would she learn without some direction? She considered running up to her tower home and asking her mother or father to come down and show her, but she was determined to figure it out without them. Taking her dagger, she carefully cut a slice down the middle of the rabbit’s midsection and scooped away the unnecessary innards. Examining the carcass and the edge where the skin met muscle, she thought hard about how she was going to do this.

Stock used from Dawnthieves.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Word Count → 287 :: Out of Character text

Kentaro was glad that the move had gone well for those who had chosen to stay. What had shocked him was that Axelle had not taken the chance to feel his dangerous eyes. She had suffered at his hands and yet during the move she had taken his side. He was rather pleased by this it meant that she could tell that he knew what was good for the pack. He Had been out scouting the boarders and was making his way back into the castle grounds when he spotted the young daughter of the Atheed.

Lithia, arent you still to young to play with knives. He chuckled looking down at her. He was looking over her work and almost felt bad for the poor thing. Though who's first skinning ever went well. the first time he really skinned it had been his cougar. He moved to sit next to her as he thought about that day. His ear twitched as he remembered the bloody fight. The kill was supposed to be easy and quick get the cub that seemed all alone and go. He hadn't seen that mom had returned, the dark king was lucky that he had come out alive.

So are you practicing for your rast? He asked as he glanced over at her. She was a very pretty young lady. He was hoping that he would have a boy or two and maybe he could be a bit of a cave man and see if Axelle will give her daughter to his first son. He knew the chances of that happening were slim next to none. Though it was a fun thought as he sat there looking forward to his children being born.

Kentaro Lykoi
They say I’m a criminal cause I walk in a different way

POSTED: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:38 am

[344] Please excuse the perverted child.

He was a shadow, a ghost of some sorts. She had not sensed him coming, even as she decided that she would ultimately attempt to skin the rabbit anyway, without help. It was only when he stood before her, hovered over her, that she caught the true effect of Kentaro’s presence. As her pink eyes gazed up at him, his velvety voice ringing in her ears even after he finished his question. She eyed the muscles at his abdomen and fantasized raking her nails through the thin fur there, feeling the solid bumps as her fingers trailed down… down. No. How old were you when you began using knives?” She bounced the question back in his direction, knowing that he had done many things that children don't do at his young age.

She continued slicing away at the skin, separating it from its muscle layer. She was doing exceptionally well at this point, so far. It was probably because her ego flared once the King sat beside her. Maybe,” she answered slyly, without looking up at him. After a moment and a half-inch later, she dropped her work in her lap stubbornly. She was not up for this if it would take her a whole freaking day to do it perfectly. ”Is there an easier way to do this?” she asked, but then corrected herself: ”Do you know an easier way to do this?” After all, he had killed a cougar for his Rast. Her mother had told her and it made her fall in love with him even more. She hadn't entirely known what love was at the time that she sat there, next to him, but she did know that she wanted to touch him. However, she could not do that either. He was a king, and she, for now, a mere peasant, daughter of his left hand brute, which he despised almost as much as Axelle despised him. She had to make a name for herself in order to impress Kentaro. He would not agree to this child’s play shit.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:42 am

The blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine

The older male chuckled as he looked down at the ash girl. She was rather entertaining he couldn't help himself. Sitting next to her he laid his dark hands on the stone as he looked up at the sky. I was younger then you when I first learned to use a knife. He stated. It was true though the girl wasn't being groomed to take over a pack she was able to sort of pick and choose her way through life.

Kentaro glanced over at the work as he shrugged. Your guess is as good as mine He spoke as he then looked back at the sky. She was growing up so fast the pair of them. Once they were nothing more then annoying puppies who got in the way and made their mother late. Now they were adults in the eyes of those around them. though to those who were searching for a mate Lithia would be a prime candidate. He couldn't wait to see what she would do in the future and what luck male would be able to catch her

Kentaro Lykoi
They say I’m a criminal cause I walk in a different way

POSTED: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:25 pm

[333] lol so apparently Kent's a common conversation in Axelle's household xD

Peeling her eyes away from his body for a second, she looked up and away from the kill that rested in her lap. She looked up at Kentaro’s face instead, and was sort of relieved to hear that he was younger than she was when he learned to use a knife. That must mean that he definitely knew how to skin this rabbit. She couldn't see why he wouldn't be able to skin the rabbit, since he had more practice than she did. He started earlier. He definitely knew how to help her, at least.

However, hearing that he didn’t know made her heart sink and she felt somewhat embarrassed in his presence. Right now, she was so useless. She wanted to show him that she could do it, but without his help, she wasn’t going to show him anything. She wasn’t going to be able to skin her animal for the Rast and she wasn’t going to be able to skin anything in the near future. At that moment, she felt pathetic. ”What? Noooo…” she whined, glancing down at the rabbit again, and then back up at him. ”You were supposed to be able to help me,” she whined playfully, flirty. Her current image of him shattered, and she realized that maybe what her mother had repeatedly said about him was true. Maybe he was just a brat that was fortunate enough to have caught his mother at a weak time. Maybe Lithia's idea of him had been wrong too - maybe he was a non-capable king and instead, just a brat like her mother insisted often. Still, he was her brat. However, she regained a more serious note as she shot actual questions at him, ”Are you really serious? How do you make pelts then?” She couldn’t imagine that Kentaro wouldn’t be able to skin. She knew he was the King, but she also assumed that Kings were supposed to be self-capable, instead of letting everyone else do things for them.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics