Sweet shadow taking hold of the light

Lithia NPC (Totem) joining thread

POSTED: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 pm

The sun hung low in the sky and the once bright blues turned to fiery oranges and deep purples. It was dusk and they were just getting back from a long trip to the Northern Tides. The events of the outing were unforgettable and proved bountiful. It had been Lithia’s first raid and she was sure, with a little training and a lot of practice, that she’d be able to pull one of these off on her own one day. Azalea was an important asset to the raid’s success and she couldn’t be more grateful to the woman (even though she didn’t outwardly show it). Totem, Lithia’s newly acquired living prize, led the two, newly acquired horses (one a mare, and the other a stallion), while the girls sat atop their own steeds. Their pace had been quicker earlier that day, however, by this time, everyone was tired, including the horses.

The three of them and their horses stood on the border of Anathema and Lithia threw back her head, calling for her mother. Then Lithia hopped down from the back of Nebbia and stood by her slave’s side. ”When my mother comes, she’s going to cut your palm in order to initiate you into Anathema. You’re going to let her, and afterwards offer your loyalty to me, and me only,” she said with her pink eyes never leaving his yellow-orange hues until he nodded in agreement. She turned away from him, smelling her mother’s scent get stronger and stronger. ”Afterwards, I will tell you want you need to know and what you can and cannot do.” Totem looked after her, but otherwise made no gesture towards understanding that or agreeing to it, since his Mistress was not looking at him. Instead, he looked forward, toward the strange scent that edged closer and closer to them. He did not know what he was about to encounter, and could feel a nervous tension in his stomach. It couldn’t be as bad as he’d been through, right?

[ 300+ ] » Lithia's new slave, Totem, gets initiated into Anathema. Backdated to the 29th.
Last edited by Lithia Napier on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:13 am

300+ words. | ooc text here.

She was being summoned, Axelle heard it as a familiar howl rang out through the atmosphere. It was her daughter and she wondered why the woman remained at the border calling for her instead of coming directly to see her. Either way, Axelle delayed no more and went to see what this was all about. Her dagger sheathed at her thigh at all times, Axelle made her way towards the Tangles’ border. As she walked, she tried to gather scent information whenever the wind blew and what she could tell was that there was another unfamiliar male and two unfamiliar prey animals, alive, waiting for her. Looking for the sun, she realized just how late it was as there was no sun in the sky any longer. It dipped just behind the land and casted fiery rays over the horizon. It was saying its goodnight’s to the lands. Axelle dreaded another sleepless night in the castle, despite her sleeping habits improving.

Coming upon her daughter and her best friend, she suspiciously eyed the scarred white-furred male, who had his arms outstretched, holding two beautifully-colored, yet foreign horses. ”Who are you?” she asked him directly, eyeing him suspiciously, which was obvious now that she stood right before him. ”And what are these?” she asked again, gesturing to the horses he held. The scarred male with his bright eyes just looked at her, obviously strained, but Axelle didn’t know why. ”Speak!” she snarled, but that was when Azalea stepped in.

”He can’t. He doesn’t have a tongue. He’s Lithia’s new Nybbas, and the horses are Anathema’s. We got ‘em from our raid,” Azalea answered, looking down at Lithia to find a smile on her face. Apparently, she planned to have her mother scream at the man for nothing. ”We’re here to get him accepted, so we can put our haul away and get some real sleep.”

Raid? I thought you were just going to the Outpost?” she asked, sounding surprised, but not pleasantly. Axelle’s eyes shifted from Azalea to the scarred slave, then to Lithia. ”Did you not plan to speak up for your property?” she growled, already annoyed at her daughter’s silent attitude. ”Do you care to explain this raid? Will anyone be coming back to look for you two?” she asked. There was clear venom in her voice, Axelle’s substitute for displeasure. Azalea began to speak, but Axelle cut her off, ”I want Lithia to tell me the story.”

Template: Aso | Manip: Chazza

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:11 am

Despite the success of the raid and their apparent bountiful haul, her mother didn’t seem too happy that it happened, and Axelle’s annoyance annoyed Lithia. Her silence was what kept her from saying something stupid. She held it all in, until she was pried open to speak. Azalea tried explaining for her, but her mother wouldn’t have it. Lithia’s pink gaze looked up into her mother’s mismatched gaze – one eye from her grandmother, one eye from her grandfather. She inherited her eyes from her grandfather, and couldn’t think they contrasted well enough against her blackness. ”Yes, raid. We found a slave trader along the way, and since he didn’t have too much security, we decided to get our shit for free,” she replied, a little snippy. ”And no one’s going to come looking for us because they’re all dead. We looted the carriage, took the horses, their harnesses, and him and we left. No one saw us or followed us. We even camped out in the forest that night, and apparently didn’t get caught by anyone.”

She patted the golden palomino’s face, ”But I thought of Tzila, though. I thought I could have the black and white one, and she could have this one. We all make out with something in the end. We got some stuff tucked away in the saddlebags, but there’s some things for Anathema like daggers, alcohol, and a nice leather bag.” Dropping her hand, she focused fully on her mother, ”Can we get this Rite of Agares going so I could show him to his room and we could all get some sleep? I haven’t sleep well in days.” It was apparent in Lithia’s tone that she was grumpy, and from that statement, it proved it.

The scarred slave stood idly, trying not to look up and watch the two women bicker. He couldn’t help that his ears picked up on the conversation, though, and he wondered just what kind of life he would have here. From what it looked like, it couldn’t be such a bad place, but this ‘Rite’ made him nervous. He wondered if it was just a slave thing – or did everyone have to do it? And what did it entail?

[ 300+ ] » ooc text here
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 am

300+ words. | ooc text here.

Axelle didn’t like the tone in her daughter’s voice and openly showed it upon her face as her lips retracted into a snarl. However, Lithia kept talking and rushing her. ”They better not come back here looking for you, or else you both are dealing with them yourselves,” she growled, finalizing it. It seemed as though the raid was successful, but she didn’t like the fact that Azalea had agreed to one of Lithia’s stupid ideas; she would deal with the Dasa woman later, right now, she needed to take care of her daughter. Even though she was annoyed with Lithia, she could agree with the need for sleep. Axelle hadn’t been sleeping right either, but the reasons for it had nothing to do with anything here. ”They’re your things; you get to decide who gets what – but you have to divide it with Azalea if she wants anything from it.” Lithia looked up to the white woman, and she shook her head. ”Maybe just a bottle of that rum,” she answered, but otherwise denied any other prizes from the incident.

Once that was decided, Axelle turned her mismatched eyes upon the slave who stood ever so quietly and still throughout their whole argument. ”What’s his name?” she asked, hearing the word ‘Totem’ reach her ears as Lithia spoke it quickly. ”Totem. Give me your palm, any one,” Axelle spoke coolly, reaching down to get her dagger to cut her own palm, and then quickly making a slice in his. She had not noticed if he winced or not. Holding his palm towards her, she combined his blood and her blood, sealing the Rite and making him one of Anathema. ”Welcome to Anathema,” she said to him, almost forgetting that he could understand her despite not being able to answer. Then she turned to her daughter, ”Me and Azalea will take the horses to the stables for you. In the meantime, get him settled and get some rest,” Axelle said in finality. She approached the slave and he handed the horses off to her, then led the horses in the opposite direction back towards the castle. Azalea jumped down from her horse, and grabbing Nebbia’s lead too, led them both behind her, after Axelle. She looked back towards Lithia, and nodded her goodbye.

Template: Aso | Manip: Chazza

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:09 am

After some persistent reminding, threatening, and advice, her mother finally agreed to do the Rite and get things moving. Quickly, Axelle asked his name, cut his palm and cut hers, and fused their blood – making Totem one of them. She was surprised to see that the slave didn’t even flinch when he was cut, as the palm is a pretty sensitive area. The Rite was done and over with, and Axelle took Azalea with her to bring the horses back to the stables and unload the goods. It was just Lithia and Totem left, and she was eager to get him set up so that she could finally lay down and close her eyes.

”Come on,” she said, waving him to follow her. She hastily made her way towards the castle, and once they arrived, she went straight to one of the storage rooms to get a couple furs, which he carried. ”Remember when I told you that you will only be loyal to me? I meant it. You will have your own room, I will grant you that, but you will not serve anyone else and you will do whatever I say that you will do,” she said, turning a corner to dip into the corridor. He followed behind her looking sluggish but carrying the pelts with his bloody hand out, careful to not get blood on anything. ”If you do not obey me for whatever reasons, you will be punished in whatever creative way I can dream up for that day – but you will not like it.” They reached the end of the corridor where it broke off into the staircase and her family’s tower, and on the other side, a small room at the corner. She stood in the doorway, the heavy wooden door already open. The room had two bright, intact windows and enough space for a single Luperci. It had no furniture, however. ”Put your furs wherever you’d like to sleep,” she said, holding out her arm so that he would go in before her. The scarred white slave walked into the room and picked a corner to put his furs. After he had them situated, he stood near his bed, attentive to her voice, her next command.

”You will not leave the territory ever without me. When I don’t need you for anything, you are free to do whatever you are permitted to do within the territory. You can sleep, you can read, you can do some kind of hobby, you can bathe, anything, however, I don’t see you having much free time in these upcoming weeks.” She planned to train him hard, to get rid of those skinny arms and legs and replace them with hard muscle. There was nothing she could do about the scars, and thought that they gave him a little character if anything. He was like her mother in a way. His scars told a story – a story that said he had been through a lot. ”Get comfortable. I will be back,” Lithia said, disappearing from the doorway for about five minutes.

When she returned, Totem was sitting upon his furs, designating the one he would use to cover himself. When she appeared in the doorway, he stopped and looked up at her, averting his eyes from her own. ”This is for you,” she said, offering about ten smoked pieces of meat and a jar of water. His eyes lit up like she had just set a plate of gold on the floor. He dipped his maw deeply to her, and then humbly took a piece and bit off a small piece. He ate slowly, chewed peculiarly, and apparently when he needed to move food around in his mouth, he threw his head back and to the side. Despite that, though, he ate steadily and he seemed to have had it down. ”Stay in your room until I come and get you later. I’ll be in the tower next door. Don’t bother me,” Lithia said, pulling the door as closed as it would go, and disappearing up the steps. Finally in her room, she settled down on her own furs and closed her eyes, instantly drifting off to dream land.

[ 700 ] » ooc text here
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics