Impairments Are Fun For Collecting

p. Morty

POSTED: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:38 pm

(000) Let me know if I should change anything!

Gauge had recovered. At first Toby thought it was completely weird that the little blue heeler male had gotten down and out about anything such as religion. But then, a day later, all he had heard for the entire day was about the bible and Toby was horribly sick of it. "Nothing against Jesus or whatever but could you change subject for once," the big older dog snapped suddenly, cutting off some sort of Proverb or maybe Psalm. "I'm sorry but it's just not my thing and I'd truly appreciate it if you shut it."

That ruffled some feathers. He hardly had time to pause, cane in optime hand and towering form lumbering behind the little medium sized four legged canine just as Gauge whirled around with a sharp little growl. "Y'know yetturday I almost though you was kind or summin'," he snapped up at the towering, blind luperci. "Seein' how yer attitude and all that has changed maybe I ought to just leave ya 'lone to travel on yur lonesome!" He heard a short huff of air as the cattle dog caught his breath from being in such a rage just before small paws started off in a different direction than the current path they'd been following. "Seein' as I'm a christian and all I'll just be nice and take my leave from ya for a bit so you can straighten up that poor excuse for an attitude while I'm absent," Gauge grumbled back towards his traveling partner. "Maybe that'll show ya just how much you'd miss havin' summin that can actually see around like me!"

It was a low blow, even for a raging southerner like Gauge with pride as large as a buffalo, and it stung. Clenching his jaw to keep from releasing a loud growl, Toby flattened his ears against his large skull and glared beneath his blind fold in the general direction the dog had left off in. How dare he? Did he not know how lucky he was to be "blessed" with sight from "God"? Pissed and just about ready to tear the younger dog apart he stormed blindly off along the path they had been intentionally following. The only problem was that he as really blind, and storming off meant being careless to the foliage beneath him. Without warning the large male found himself flattened with a loud THUNK on nature's floor, the same foot he'd hurt on Milos's sled burning with pain from whatever large rock had tripped him.

Releasing a growl of frustration he hurried onto his feet, only to find the right foot throbbing as it held his weight. Oh perfect, he hissed inwardly. Looks like I'll be settling here for a bit until that stupid mutt gets his arse back here. Lowering himself back down his large foot stretched out, softly sitting up on a small collection of snow that lessened the pain with its cold relief. "Just what I needed," he scowled to himself under his breath. "Stupid blind idiot!"

Table: Sammiie | Image: Susanne Nilsson

Toby
The Blind Will See

Mattie
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:27 pm

300+

With spring just on the horizon, Morty was more oft to go out into the wilderness and try to find some newly turned greens. It was still bitterly cold, but Morty needed some way to stretch her legs. THe winter months were a time when she didn't get the chance to go out that often. There were colds and illnesses to attend to and she was right tired of the running noses, sneezes and coughs that rung in her ears. What she needed was a good old blood bath for all of the body fluids she had to deal with, blood was one of the best ones.

Moving through the prickly undergrowth, she skirted through patches of snow, lifting her nose to the wind. She often felt as though she could sense new growth but it was just a hunch on her part. And she couldn't smell anything beyond what was in her bag. She always traveled well equipped in case she ran across something out in the wilderness. Or if something ran into her, she had her fair share of pain and never wants to be in the position that she couldn't help herself or others when things got a little dicey.

Pausing for a moment, leaning against a weathered ash tree, she sighed, her breath clouding around her face as she leaned. It was still brisk, snowing on and off during the nights and making travel hard. Pulling her deer cloak in around her, she tried to warm up her chilled hands realizing there would be nothing growing out here among the frost and snow.

But as she was about to turn back, her keen ears caught on to a sound. Undergrowth rattled and crashed as though the walker couldn't tell where they were going and a grin spread across her lips. Perfect, she thought, something to do. And when she heard a stagger like that, she always assumed and injury and went to investigate. But when she came across the canine, she didn't see blood or cuts but a red sash tied over his ears and a paw in the snow. "Hello love," She greeted warmly enough, looking him over with hungry eyes. "Are you in need of some assistance?"

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:47 am

(000)

He sat there glaring at the snow he couldn't see as his throbbing foot iced. Sure, it was probably just going to be sore again, but it was a cherry on top of a sundae of a bad day. "Would you stop pouting? You could be deaf and blind instead of just incredibly annoying," Vera's voice in his mind came. Vera. Oh, how he missed that fae. If she was here he wouldn't be messing with a yappy mut like Gauge! "You're going to have to learn to accept help! And you're going to have to do it soon before we just let you run off and get ate up by a bear!" she had yelled at him the one time her patience had been lost in his stubborn pride. He knew she was right to have said that but still it was like pulling teeth to get him to dial his ego back. He just hated being a burden. Now he wasn't even a threat to other dogs like he had been, but still he wasn't normal. That's all he'd ever wanted...

Foot steps brought him back into his grumpy attitude and quickly a growl erupted out of his throat on instinct as he surged a bit backwards, trying to get to his feet with the aid of his staff, before the throb of his foot unsettled him and forced him to stop his attempt of leaving the intruder behind. Instead, he just glared up to the stranger's general direction, (a couple of inches off), and reburied his paw in the soothing cold while clutching the wooden stick. Then came the female voice. The voice of someone there to help. Again, Vera's words came to mind. I'll accept help tomorrow. Right now I just want to be alone, he told himself as he turned away from the fae and adjusted himself to hide his throbbing paw.

"I'm quite alright. You're more than welcome to leave me be!" he replied roughly, not allowing himself to feel bad about the rude response. "It's just a mild sprain or something. I'll be back on my feet in no time."

Table: Sammiie | Image: Susanne Nilsson

Toby
The Blind Will See

Mattie
Luperci

Dead Topics