i gave my life to save her

AW, Miramichi Valley

POSTED: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 pm

Original participant dropped. Changing this to all welcome.

It had been a few days now since he'd found the bird, and its wing appeared to be healing. No bones had been broken, luckily, but there had been bleeding and matted feathers. He'd cleaned it up and wrapped the wing, keeping it close to his body during the night for warmth. The blood would permanently stain the feathers until they were shed, but at least it was dried and there was nothing fresh.

Now the mourning dove perched on his shoulder and picked idly at strands of his hair as he walked. Like Nikita, it was devoid of color. Leucistic, it was nearly all white with the occasional splash of black or gray. It seemed content with his presence, and never strayed far from his side. Its neck puffed up and it cooed gently, allowing a haunting note to fill the forest around them.

Никита Во́лков

Luperci
LEVIATHAN

POSTED: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:01 pm

It was unusual, now, to find an Anatheman all the way up this way because of their new place in the swamps. However, this never stopped many of its members to find where they wanted to go, and it never stopped Lithia either. She had taken her badger-faced stallion, Gezi, from the stables, saddled him up and took him out. Leaving Totem to have his day of personal time, or otherwise wait hand and foot on her sister, Tzila, instead.

The Northern forests were quiet, despite the three packs that resided in them. Lithia slowed Gezi to a slow walk, and even eventually jumped down and led him by his halter. There was a fresh coat of snow on the ground, as there usually was everywhere else as well. There was the occasional snap of a twig or thin branch up in the trees as the squirrels fought for leverage or tree territory – she wasn’t sure how that went. Did they fight for which branches they claimed or how much of the tree was theirs? Or possibly – which tree was theirs and how many their owned. Maybe they used trees like they used miles within their territories.

Lithia kept walking on and after a while, there was a new sound, a low sound. It was like a very minute hum that never lasted for more than a second. At first, she couldn’t tell what it was, but after a while, she pinpointed it as some kind of bird noise. Eventually, they came upon another in the forest as well, and Lithia looked upon him as he walked with the white bird on his shoulder. The low purr of a sound came momentarily from the bird in short cycles. Her pink eyes looked upon the bird as it puffed out its neck and then cooed. Then she looked up at the male upon who’s shoulder it sat, ”What is that?” Lithia wasn’t too well-acquainted with bird species. She didn’t read as much as she trained, and so, her knowledge came from practical things rather than books.

[ 300+ ] » Hi! :)
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:48 pm

why herro thar~

She was melanistic, with salt and pepper hair. Her eyes were a bright, violent color that he'd never seen before—stark against the dark hair. The bird had given a warning noise, fluttering its wings, though it didn't fly. Both had turned toward the girl and her horse. She asked what his new friend was and he answered automatically. “Golub,” he said, though the word was Russian.

One hand had risen toward the bird, running fingers along its chest as he spoke about it. “Ptitsa,” he tried again, a more elegant word, though still in his native language. “Is bird, but not sure what you would call it,” Nikita continued, his accent seemingly growing thicker after the quick infusion of Russian in his thoughts and voice.

Никита Во́лков

Luperci
LEVIATHAN

POSTED: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:22 am

It became immediately apparent to her that the man was not a native to this country. He spoke an entirely different language, and his words for the bird were not understandable to her. They sounded weird, mostly, but Lithia tried her hardest to understand. ”Oh,” she finally said after a beat. ”It’s a pretty white bird,” she offered with a half-smile. ”Titsa?” she attempted, in his language. Might as well have some kind of word for it, no matter if it were in English or not.

”My name is Lithia Napier,” she offered, slowly so that he could take it all in without her needing to repeat it. ”What’s yours, and where do you come from?” she asked directly, aiming more for where he originated rather than where he wandered now in this country. She didn’t smell a pack scent on him, so she could tell that he was a loner – or a Salsolian. One of the two, but either way, it didn’t matter much to her.

She eyed the male, mostly out of curiosity. He was handsome, for the most part, and his accent just added to the mysterious charm that seemed to reel Lithia right in. She wanted to know more about him and whatever language this was that had such a strong hold on his tongue. She had not met many others who spoke different languages before, since Kentaro decided to move all the way down to the swamps where no one else resided. Thinking of the strange accents she had encountered recently, the swamp witch and the Arabian man only came to mind, in which both of their accents were very different from each other.

[ 000 ] » :)
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:58 am

the sea said goodbye to the shore so the sun wouldn't notice

“Ptitsa,” he repeated, smiling at her effort. “Means bird.” Now it was his turn to test an unfamiliar word. “Li-thi-a,” he attempted, tentatively, braving only the first part. It didn't quite sound the same as when she'd said it, naturally. “Is that obvious I am not from here?” he asked with a laugh, his tone light. She didn't look like anything that he'd ever seen before either. He'd seen a lot since he'd left home, and he never tired of new and strange experiences.

“Nikita Russo, from Sobirat'sya, in Russia.” He doubted that she'd have heard of his home, but she'd asked, and so he'd provided. “You are from here?” he asked. He yet knew little of the area. It had only been a month since he'd arrived, but he wasn't certain whether or not he'd actually settle down for a time, or simply drift on elsewhere.

Никита Во́лков

Luperci
LEVIATHAN

POSTED: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 pm

She was rewarded with a correction, and she smiled, nodded, and cleared her throat for dramatic effect. ”P-titsa, bird,” she repeated, now more carefully pronouncing the pieces that she had missed before. It still didn't sound perfect, but it was better and it was pretty good for someone so new to the language. She decided that her effort counted enough and that she was proud of herself for it. When he attempted her name, he was off on the pronunciation, but not by so much. ”Lith-ee-uh,” she corrected him, smiling again, ”But your version’s better.” She kind of liked the foreign way he made her name sound. It was definitely different.

”You talk different than everyone else from here. It’s not bad, though,” she offered, considering how much she found his accent to be fascinating. She wondered how others would perceive it. Wasn't it exciting when a newcomer came to the lands with a different culture to add to the preexisting ones? ”Nice to meet you, Nikita,” she paused, considering how feminine his name seemed. ”Yes, I’m from here. Born here, actually.” She considered telling him about Anathema, but paused. Instead, she thought of another question that would benefit her knowledge a little better. ”Where is Russia? Is it far?” Lithia never considered other countries, never realized that other places existed aside from the one she was currently in and the one that was connected to this one. She never considered these things because she never had a reason to. She had everything she needed at her immediate fingertips, but Russia sounded like a wonderful place.

[ 000 ] » :)
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:54 pm

the sea said goodbye to the shore so the sun wouldn't notice

Where Nikita had come from his name was far from feminine. It was the name of heroes and warriors, such as Nikita Kozhemyaka, the humble tanner who'd defeated the dragon only after the children had come to him, begging him to help spare their lives. His mother had told him the story often as a child, reminding him to resort to violence only when necessary. “Nice to meet you too,” he returned. “Perhaps you show me around then. Show me best places to see,” he suggested.

“I came here on ship. We didn't leave straight from Russia to here, but we had to cross ocean when we came. Days and days of nothing but water on every side. No land, no bird, no other ship. Was just ocean and sky. Only way to pass time was to stay busy, work, and sleep. Most relaxing sleep is being when rocked by waves. That I miss.” He never slept as good when the ground was still beneath him.

Никита Во́лков

Luperci
LEVIATHAN

POSTED: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:27 am

Nikita asked her to show him around, and Lithia looked around them. ”Well, this is the forest. There’s more forest over there, and probably a pack over there. I’m not too familiar with this particular area – so maybe we can explore it together?” she smiled up at him, wagging her tail slightly. ”I’m from a place that’s south from here, called Anathema, but that’s located near another place called the Trenches.”

He spoke of his experience with the sea and the long journey he had to endure in order to come to these lands. Lithia imagined the vast sea on all sides of him, in this bobbing ship that could be overturned by a strong wave at any time. ”What kind of work do you do on a ship?” she asked curiously, cocking her head to one side while looking up at him. She imagined him mopping all day, as she’d seen in a picture book once about pirates. All they did was mop and sing – but singing wasn’t a form of work, was it?

She gestured him to follow her to nowhere in particular. They could just walk for now until they decided on a destination. ”Where are you headed now that you’re here?” She wondered if he would be interested in a pack, more importantly, her pack. Kentaro would be pleased with her if she brought a new member home with her.

[ 000 ] » Sorry for my slow!
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics