Sold off, or returning home.

[p]Axelle, Kentaro - Highway 103

POSTED: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:43 pm

OOC: Temporarily introducing this NPC, not expecting him to exist beyond this thread. Left the exact date up in the air, since I wasn't 100% sure where your characters were in terms of time. I hope location is alright, and that I gave enough to work with!

IC:

It had been a long time since Kit had last been to Nova Scotia, closer to three years than two. Though he didn't yet realize that was where he was, he had stopped paying too much attention to the wheres or whens of living, and instead focused on making sure his latest owner was satisfied with his behavior. Lessons were learned quickly under a lash, and he had learned a satisfied master was less likely to feel the need to remind him of his place. Reminders tended to leave scars, and Kit wasn't eager to add to those, at least not anymore.

On all fours, in his Lupus form, Kit walked to the side of his master's pack horse laden with goods, a crude leash of rope keeping him from straying too far from the beast of burden. In turn, the horse was led by his master, an Optime coyote, a wiry fellow that Kit would have stood taller than. It was that disparity that might have caused the trader to insist he stay on all fours for the entire trip, instead of having Kit change to two legs occasionally to earn his food. It had meant no chores beyond watching the pack animal, but also made for a mind numbingly boring trip for the slave.

Above the trio, the sun struggled to pierce the heavy cloud cover, but it's vague outline hinted that it was probably around noon when the trader felt it was time for a rest. If it had been up to Kit, and his sore paws, he would have stopped miles ago, but despite his fatigue, and the relatively decent treatment he had received from the coyote, Kit didn't have the nerve to make the request. Coming to a stop alongside the heavily cracked roadway that they had been following, Kit was quick to lay down, his green eyes carefully watching the feet of his master. The coyote himself had made his way toward one of the satchels hanging from the side of the pack horse, the scent of dried meat giving a hint of what was in the container.

Given the trader's intention to sell the coywolf upon arriving in Nova Scotia, it wasn't much surprise when he only removed food for himself, a few smoked strips of what Kit figured was some sort of deer. Simply accepting that he wasn't going to get any food, Kit would turn his gaze toward the road, and would do his best not to smell the food. Laying in the snow not as restful as he would have liked, but making do with what he got all the same.
Image]
Amazing Avi by Owl, equally amazing signature by Nina! :D

POSTED: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:14 pm

The Lykoi male had taken two horses a cart Innya and Axelle with him today. He had plans to meet with any trader he could find today Anathema was in need of things that could not be found in winter here. He was also personally looking for some items for his daughters. They would soon be roaming the pack on their own and starting to find out just what they wanted to do in life.

The sound hooves filled his mind as he looked over at Axelle. Hopefully we will find someone as we head north He hadn't said much the whole trip so far. his mind had been on his pups and the things still needed in Anathema. Elzar kept his pace next to the cart as they made their way. Anything you two see that we need tell me I'm sure I brought plenty. He stated as he watched the cracking road ahead.

He signaled to Axelle about the man up ahead. He pulled on the stallion a bit easing him up as he watched. He wanted to asses before he moved in. one trader and what looked to be a slave tied up. Anathema allowed slaves the poor thing could be of use to them. Though raised around slaves Kentaro had never owned any. Innya had served him by choice and even then he had released her to truly be free. He nodded to the other two and moved forward. Hey The dark male called as he adjusted the scythe strap.
Kentaro Lykoi
They say I’m a criminal cause I walk in a different way

POSTED: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:39 pm

The trip was long and quiet, due to their new position in the swamps and her choice of company. She and Kentaro were the authority of Anathema, along with Mido, but while there was that, she had nothing in common with the Angelo and only minimally liked him. She dealt with him, if that made more sense. It wasn't that they needed to travel far, but the highway was always stopped up with old, rusted cars and they needed to weave through them smartly, or find a better path to fit the wagon. The side of the highway worked well, except it was steep at some points. ”Will do,” the Atheed answered simply when Kentaro turned back to look at her following closely behind on her own steed, Couer. Innya rode in the cart that wheeled behind Axelle. It was a rocky road for the witch, but she seemed to handle it well. She only looked on to him at the statement, but she understood. She planned to pick up some ingredients for her brews, if she could find any.

Soon enough, they came upon another rider, his horse, and a lupus canine at the edge of a sharp curve in the highway. They had seemingly stopped for a breather, but from what they could see then, they couldn’t tell much. Was he dangerous? Or was he friendly? Was he what they were looking for? Do you think he’s a trader? Axelle murmured to Kentaro as she ushered Couer to run alongside his steed. He had the bags and the servant to prove it. Kentaro called out to him, and the man only looked up. Maybe he wondered the same about them. He was severely outnumbered already, even with his four-legged dog at his feet.

”You wouldn’t happen to be a trader, would you?” she asked as they approached closer. They slowed their horses and otherwise tried to come upon the man looking as less threatening as possible. Her eyes had dropped to the coyote that laid upon the floor, and a rush of deja vu hit her - but she wasn't sure why. There was something familiar about him, definitely. However, she couldn't even think to place it.

[ 300+ ] » Hey! PPed that it was Axelle’s cart they took, and that Couer’s pulling the cart - hope that’s ok! He is a draft horse, after all. Not sure what Elzar is?
Last edited by Axelle Napier on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 pm

OOC: Edited to make dialogue bold~

IC:

With his master's attention focused on the horse's bags, and the consumption of the dried meat, Kit ended up being the first one to spot the approaching cart and it's apparent owners. As was expected of him, Kit was quick to meekly announce "Someone's here master.", careful to shift his gaze further to the ground, instead of staring directly at the cart. The sound of chewing stopped, and though Kit couldn't see from where he lay, the coyote trader would turn his attention toward the approaching cart just in time to be greeted by the strange male's call. The wiry coyote at first nervously appraised the approaching group, which outnumbered himself three to one, given his disbelief the slave would be any use in any sort of confrontation. That they started to slow their approach, rather than charge him on horseback stilled some of the coyote's nerves, and at the female's question started to relax, simply assuming that they might be open for trade.

"Why yes, yes I am. The name's Voral, and I've quite a few wares you might find interest in, or were you only curious as to my livelihood? All that you see I am willing to trade, except for the horse of course, I need him to carry goods after all." the coyote would start into his well practiced voice, emphasizing 'quite a few wares' by lazily waving a hand in the direction of both Kit and the pack horse. With a welcoming, or perhaps greedy grin, Voral would take his attention from the potential customers, so that he could take a rolled blanket of very course cloth from the horse's side, unrolling, and flattening it as best he could on the snowy ground to serve as a presentation area.

As Voral greeted the three strangers, Kit would do his best to steal a few glances at them, cautious in how far his gaze would travel up, spotting a pair of opposite colored legs, would find himself turning his muzzle further up. Something was familiar about what he was seeing, and it grew stronger the further up he went, and was distracted enough to not immediately recognize that she was looking at him. The reaction was abrupt, Kit's eyes widening, and his gaze returning to the snow covered ground. Both the voice and body had awoken a sense that he should know her, but fear of being punished for making eye contact muddied the male's stirring memories. Voral had not seen Kit's lapse however.
Last edited by Inocencio Kit Victor on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

POSTED: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Kentaro watched what the others before him did as he eased Elzar into a halt. The stallion nickered a bit as he shifted his weight. Kentaro smiled patting his neck as he slid from him. Conducting business was best done on foot. He looked to Axelle and Innya before asserting himself. The man pointed out his wares including the mutt that looked pathetic. He scoffed as he moved towards the other.

That He said pointing to the male. Can he shift? If he can I want him his tone stern and demanding as he looked at the man then back to the slave. I have plenty of goods in the cart I'm sure you can find something worth him. He crossed his arms as he saw Innya come towards him. We also need herbs any you have. The woman piped in her thick Russian accent laced her words as she looked at the coyote.

Kentaro grumbled as he looked to the poor man on the ground. Shift His tone was an order. I'm buying you I have no use for a Lupus canine. If you do as I say you'll live a life of ease. He spoke as he watched Innya move to a from the cart. His eyes met Axelles, more of a deal with the trader look. He wanted to see if this man was of any use to him.
Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:38 pm

Kentaro slid from his horse, and Axelle followed, but her eyes remained on the slave. Couer remained in place, like he usually did when Axelle dismounted. He lowered and shook his head, snorting and shaking hair from his line of sight. Kentaro approached the trader, and Axelle approached the male slave, quickly realizing why she felt like she knew him - it was because she did. He had been one of her one night stands during the time of Itzal’s absence. He was in pitiful condition and she couldn't understand how he got himself in such a low position. He seemed capable enough when she had first met him. Kentaro asked the trader about his shifting capability, declaring that he wanted him. ”Don’t be too hasty, Kentaro. Let’s see what else Voral has… Maybe we can walk away with a killing,” she said, knowing that one way or another, they would be leaving with Kit.

Kentaro turned to the slave and demanded that he shift. Oh, he can shift alright… Axelle mumbled as her eyes fell upon the slave on the ground. She still couldn't believe what he had gotten himself into, but knew that she knew him. She knew that, no matter what, they would be saving him from this horrible life today.

Still, she had to play it cool.

As Innya made her way to the mat where Voral began laying out what he had for trade, Axelle stood between the two. She figured she’d keep the trader’s mind busy while Innya and Kentaro sized up their bounty. ”Are there any specific items you are looking for?” she asked him, wondering if they could strike a good deal with him by having something he wanted desperately. Innya looked up at her briefly, and Axelle down at her. The witch smirked, but then turned to rummage through the offered wares again.

[ 300+ ] » ooc text here

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:53 am

When no scolding came for staring at the female who had been looking at him, Kit would find himself back at ease, long enough for him to start recalling why the female had seemed so familiar. Kit would focus all the more on the ground, a mixture of embarrassment and shame creeping into the back of his mind, at being seen by the female. That fixation only lasting up until he realized that Axelle's male companion was talking about him, about trading for him, only to have Axelle seemingly try dissuading him from making an immediate trade for Kit.

Voral for his part was quick to respond to the interest in what he considered to be his least desirable ware. Perpetually annoyed that of all his valuables, Kit was the only one that required a supply of food to remain worth anything. "Yes, he was trained primarily to cook, and assist a leather worker as I recall. Feel free to examine him, he's tame." the coyote would offer in a cheerful voice, stepping closer to Kit so that the rope tied around his neck could be loosened, and then removed. While Voral returned his attention to the accented woman inquiring about herbs, and Axelle, Kit heard the male's order for what it was, but couldn't quite make out the mumbling voice of Axelle.

Without hesitation, Kit would obey the other canine's demand to shift, his green eyes shuttering while his body went through the familiar, if a little rusty motions of changing to it's Optime form. The coywolf had been born with the ability, and with only the passing of a handful of minutes, was sprawled out on the ground, before repositioning himself into a kneeling position. Opening his eyes, Kit would find himself waiting for further instructions, his gaze wandering between the lower half of both the one considering buying him, and a little higher on the one he knew, anxious to see if she might recognize him.

With Kit in the process of changing, Voral busied himself with displaying the modest collection of dried herbs that he had brought with him, nearly half a pound of dried tobacco making up the majority of the coyote's stock, with smaller amounts of dried Wood Sorrel, Fennel, and Cone flower. Splitting his attention, but doing his best to keep an eye on the leather bags of herbs, Voral would reply to Axelle with a questioning voice "Furs, dried meat, particularly anything uncommon further south. Much harder to trade something that can be found without traveling." his ever present grin a toothy one as it grew at the thought of making the trip north worth the effort. "Is he to your liking?" Voral would ask in an off hand manner, not explicitly stating who 'he' was.
Image]

POSTED: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Kentaro waited as he watched the male shift. He was a good looking male and it was true he'd be just what Anathema needed. He smirked as he looked to the man. He'll do though took all the fun out of me breaking him. I like it when they fight back. his tone laced with Venom and he motioned for Kit to follow him. He had a firm grip on another rope. He looked to Innya who was sortting through herbs and making a collection. Get in the cart and don't move. He commanded as he glanced to Axelle.

The woman seemed interested in the male it made him question. He reached for a bag that held dried moose meat from the hunt with Nyx. He could still remember the pain he felt in his shoulder from the dislocation. Here I'm sure thats enough meat for that bag of meat. He commented pointing back at the male. Innya finished collection what she and Anathema needed and Kentaro handed off a bag of 20 or so pelts. Thats all we needed from you we will take our leave. He commented as he grabbed Elzar's reigns and turned away. Innya hopped into the cart and packed the things by the male.

The Borzoi gave him a smile You'll be fine boy, Kentaro's not what your thinking he is She stated her accent strong as she tried to sound normal. Less to fear when your a slave then any thing else in his hands she stated before leaning to look at the dark king. Let be off you two Kentaro nodded as he pulled himself onto Elzar.
Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:01 am

Despite warning Kentaro about other things they could make off with, it seemed he had his eye on Kit, and whatever else Innya had rummaged from Voral’s wares. They paid him a hefty sum of items for the coyote slave and herbs, and turned back to their horses. Kentaro ordered Kit to get into the cart and not to move, and Axelle helped Innya pack the things up before they all eventually returned to their horses and cart. Innya jumped in the back with the ‘goods’ and Kentaro and Axelle mounted their horses again. They bade goodbye to the slimy trader and steered away from him. They were quiet for a while, and Axelle hadn't actually looked back at Kit until they were well out of Voral’s earshot.

Axelle tossed around the idea of what Innya said, and she knew that Kentaro was a softie for slaves. She didn't entirely understand why they even had slaves in Anathema when Kentaro insisted on treating them so kindly and liberatingly. To be honest, Axelle wasn't a huge fan of them herself - but she lived with the notion that some were just born into worse luck. Axelle murmured a command to Couer in low-speech - to follow Elzar - then she carefully turned herself so that she mounted him backwards It was then that she finally laid eyes fully upon Kit. ”I know you, and I know you know me. I saw the way you were looking at me, Kit,” she said, looking him straight into his green eyes, serious at first, but breaking into a large grin once she ended with his name. Eventually they would have to come clean to Kentaro about how they knew each other - or at least, some of that truth. She supposed Kentaro, nor anyone else back in Anathema, needed to know that she had slept with him once. ”How did you get yourself into this mess?” she asked, leaning forward using Couer’s rump for support.

[ 300+ ] » Sorry for the mini-wait! :)

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:07 am

Voral continued to split his attention between the Luperci he was trading with, only giving a passing glance in the direction of the shifted Kit. The coyote kept his grinning expression despite Kentaro's venomous tone, not sharing the other male's apparent desire to break slaves, but having precious little sympathy for something he considered to be no better than an animal. Patiently, he waited for the transaction to be completed, the Voral's widening eyes hinting that the bounty of meat and pelts was more than generous enough. "A pleasure trading with you, maybe in the future I'll be able to accommodate you with meat that isn't quite as tender." he would reply, a joking tone in his voice, as the male began packing away the goods he had just received.

For Kit's part, he had exchanged hands enough times that there wasn't hesitation in switching his obedience from the Voral to Kentaro once it was obvious he had been traded. At the suggestion that his new 'owner' liked breaking in his slaves, Kit would flinch at old memories of his own introduction to life as a slave. Obeying the command to get into the cart and remain still, Kit would find himself sitting, knees pulled up to his chest to leave as much room as possible for the accented female, and the things she had started to pack. Cautiously, the coywolf's green eyes would wander up toward the smiling Borzoi, her words calming some of his fears, but wasn't yet sure enough of his situation to smile back, opting for a cautious nod.

The movement of Axelle on the back of her horse drew Kit's attention, her backwards position on the horse leaving her eying him once again. When she started to speak, Kit's training insisted that he avert his gaze, but stopped half way through casting his gaze downward at hearing what she was saying. Confirming that she knew him, and the grin accompanying his name only causing his face to warm despite the winter air. There was hesitation when Axelle asked him how he came to end up where he was, but taking the risk that he was permitted to respond to the direct question would reply "Things are bit faded, but I do remember you Axelle, would be hard to forget. a slight smile sneaking onto the male's face for a moment, before fading as he continued to respond "I got caught stealing from some traders, they added me to their wares, and sold me in the south, far south... ". Kit's voice was steady, if soft as he gave a very short summary in response, his green eyes remaining fixated on the familiar face, his own an awkward mix of submission, curiosity, and embarrassment.

Despite many questions that lingered at the back of Kit's head, only one would bubble to the surface in an unsure voice after he had answered Axelle. "Which of you do I belong to?". The most tactful way the could think of discovering whose orders, and preferences would take precedent, before he made a mistake. Given the exchange, between Kentaro and the Voral, who was fading in the distance, the coywolf had simply assumed Kentaro to be the one.
Image]

Dead Topics