The Beginning

P: Lola & Milos

POSTED: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 pm

OOC: Dated for Feb 23.

IC:
The trip had been as smooth as it could be considering the tides in the bay. The ship was tossed around a little, which seemed to stress the horses, despite the herb used to calm them, but they managed to arrive in one piece. Sylvie, Lola, and Pons left the others at the ship and headed off to Krokar. She was excited to visit the pack again; her previous visit had piqued her curiosity. Perhaps if she was younger, she would consider moving to it. Although their culture was river-based, it would have been enough for her to be out on the lakes she heard the territory boasted.

There was not much more she knew about the pack, and that was why she had come along with Lola for this part of the Lead Diplomat's journey. Sylvie was not interested in being gone for too long, especially because Lorenzo had told her he thought he was close to re-joining The Brotherhood. If that ceremony was happening soon, she did not want to miss it. The fact that it was so important to her to be there was a fact that she was trying not to think about too much.

Instead, she tried to concentrate more on Lola's friend, Pons. Something seemed off about the male, although Sylvie could not quite put her finger on what it was. She just knew that she did not like him. Something about him reminded her of the males she had known prior to joining up with the pirates, and she wished that he had stayed back in Casa. Leaving him and Lola alone when she returned to Casa on the ship seemed wrong somehow.

Either way, as they reached the borders of Krokar, Sylvie knew that she needed to stop thinking about that as well and instead concentrate on the task at hand. Sylvie was a novice rider, and despite being peppered with tips and help from Lola during the ride, she was happy to dismount. Nevada was calm as expected, but Sylvie just was not used to riding yet, and it left her sore. Once Sylvie was off her horse, she stretched her legs and back a little bit before turning to Lola. Her eyes flicked to Pons for a moment before refocusing on Lola.

"I'm too old for this," Sylvie joked with a smile. "Ready when you are." She figured that she would allow Lola to howl since she was the higher ranked Casa member.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:41 pm

. L . O . L . A .
Queen of Apologies

Thankfully they had good weather while crossing the bay. It’d been some time since Lola sailed upon a large vessel, so she hadn’t quite found her sea-legs by the time they were docking outside of the Outpost. She was happy to be on land again, and glad to be in much more open quarters. Pons had played nice aboard the ship and in view of her packmates, but his eyes held dark promise, and things she did not want to answer to. She kept him at arm’s length for the most part, reminding him that this was a diplomacy trip on behalf of her pack and if he was to accompany her, he’d have to do as she said, no questions asked. If Lola were to suddenly go missing on this trip, word would eventually get back to Casa and Pons would be the one they’d search for. She didn’t think he’d try anything stupid, but she’d underestimated him before. He was here now after all, there was no telling what he was capable of.

She put those worries behind her, Krokar, a newer pack in the North was the first stop they’d be making. It was a water faring pack that Sylvie hoped to become an ambassador for, a good ally to have in regards to trading from the information they’d heard. While they rode along in general silence, Lola was glad when the borders finally loomed ahead and shared a smile with her friend as she too dismounted. We’ll see if we can stay a few days just to get our bearings, and then Pons and I will head east and make our way back south to return home, the Veleno reiterated the plan, rubbing Dove’s neck and seeing to Tupelo who’s lead was tied to her mount’s saddle.

The elkhound dismounted from his greying nag, muttering words in french to Lola that made her back go rigid for a moment, but she soon seemed to forget the slight and stepped ahead of Dove, lifting her head and calling for anyone in Krokar to hear. Hopefully they wouldn’t have to wait too long, they’d arrived at a place where marks in the snow were frequent and the scent was heavy.

ooc:. wc: 382
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:09 am

A call came, crisp and clear through the winter air, and a pair of ivory-crested ear flicked up at the sound. Shining nose twitched, filtering scents the wind carried with it on its journey. White brows furrowed over sunny eyes and Milos pulled his lips to one side, bemused. With a final glance at the trail of a deer he had been tracking, the Krokaran turned away and loped cautiously towards the sound of the call, his spear clasped firmly in one fist. The smell, diluted and mixed with copious other aromas within the air, had an oddly familiar quality to it that he felt annoyed he couldn't place. He considered all the possibilities of canines he knew who might come to Krokar. It wasn't Lyris, who was the only Luperci he supposed he could call a friend outside of his pack. And, thankfully, it wasn't any ghost from his past either.

Three Luperci came into view and he slowed his pace, raising his free hand up in greeting as his bright eyes took them in. A coyote, a wolf, and... Milos wrinkled his nose uncomfortably, allowing his gaze to hover on Pons a touch longer than the other two, a dog. The equines, then, caught his immediate attention and he stumbled to a stop, eyes narrowed at the smoky grey of the mare's coat. He knew that horse. "That en't Dove?" Had that been her name? A smile cracked open the dark wolfdog's face and his eyes fell upon the red-head once more. That's right! He'd met her before... only after she'd nearly run him over. The other two were entirely unfamiliar and while he could recognize Lola now, the memory of her name escaped him.

Milos stepped nearer the trio, stamping the butt of his spear onto the ground and grinning at their leader. "Well, now! En't expected t' see you an' your lovely mare again so soon!" he chuckled. It hadn't been such a short time but in all reality, he hadn't really expected to see them again ever. "Milos, r'member? Might be I was trampled t' mush in a diff'rnt life. Bright eyes beamed from Lola to Sylvie and Pons, then back to Lola again. "Quite a trip, weren't it? From your pack? What brings ya lot so far North?"

[WC: 384]

Mandi
Luperci Mate to Eliza but you'd become my candle in the dark
the sun still rises
even through the rain

POSTED: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Pons muttered something in French and Sylvie strained to hear what it was. His voice was quiet, so she caught little of it, but a couple of the words seemed rather unpleasant. The coyote gave no indication that she understood any of what he said, though her suspicions and mistrust only grew. She already did not like that she was leaving him and Lola alone after this trip, but there was no time to think on that now. Instead she nodded as Lola went over their plans again, and then waited for someone from Krokar to appear.

A canine appeared and Sylvie observed him as he approached. He was certainly handsome enough, and it soon became clear that he knew Lola somehow. It was a bit strange to Sylvie, given the distance over land between their packs, but then again she had traveled quite a lot in her life. Maybe he had as well.

Sylvie remained silent as he spoke to Lola, and then hesitated when he asked what their visit was about. Was that question directed to all of them, or just to Lola? It was quickly becoming clear that Sylvie honestly had no idea how to be an ambassador. The pirates had not been particularly keen on getting things they needed through these means, and tended to simply take what they wanted if it wasn't given to them when asked.

"It wasn't too bad since we were able to sail across the bay. I'm hoping to become the ambassador from Casa to Krokar," Sylvie said with a glance towards Lola, figuring she could answer. She decided that being open with her intentions was probably best; it was not as if she was spying on them or something. "So, we brought gifts for Krokar, and we were hoping to learn about your pack and at some point, visit with the leadership."
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:17 pm

. L . O . L . A .
Queen of Apologies

Lola began to fuss with her cloak when the echo of her song faded out, a nervous habit she’d picked up since the arrival of Pons. It was easier to distract her idle fingers with the coarse yet soft strum of cougar’s fur rather than think about the following days she’d be spending alone with the elkhound. There was no telling what would and could happen in the wilderness with the dark figure, the twisted yet tangible figment of her past. His shadow alone made the hairs on the back of her nape stand rigid, but she had to be strong and she couldn’t betray the secrets that lay tangled between them. Nobody could know. Not her lover, her children, or even her best of friends. This horrible truth needed to stay buried.

She sensed rather than felt the whisper of his outstretched hand, stepping just out of the dog’s grasp when an oddly familiar face began to materialize out of Krokar’s snow shrouded woods. [Little tease,] he groaned under his breath, straightening back up and placing one hand on the butt of his rapier as Milos hailed them and made his welcomes. How could I forget? Lola beamed, dipping her head as the flame of memory sparked in her cheeks. She’d almost run the Krokaran and his companion over with Mourning Dove on their jaunty ride, thankfully the mare had slowed just in time. To prove her own importance in the little meeting, the pale horse whinnied a soft greeting and took a few steps closer. Seems she hasn’t forgotten either, the Lead Diplomat teased resting a hand on Dove’s side while, listening to Milos’s words and allowing her companion to answer.

Sylvie is a Marianiao or Sailor of the pack, a fine liaison between Krokar and Casa if your leaders would have her, Lola explained, turning her attention to Pons then with a brief darkening of her eyes. Pons will be accompany me on the duration of my diplomacy tour South. We hope it wouldn’t be a burden if we all stayed for a few days? The Veleno looked back to Milos then, a pleasant smile gracing her scared lips.

ooc: The wait on this thread because of me is ridonk, I’m soooooooo endlessly sorry and hope to not keep it on the slow track for long. Speech between [ ] is in french. wc: 386
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:01 pm

OOC: I wasn't sure if either of you were planning on having Gus and/or Lucille meet them at the border as well so let me know if I should change anything c:

So distracted by the horses and his latest revelation was Milos that Pons’ presence, despite his clear dog heritage, did nothing to affect his confidence. He glanced between the three of them, beaming at Lola when she testified to having not forgotten him, and held his palm up to Mourning Dove. ”Ya think so?” he asked, clearly tickled with the notion the mare had not forgotten him either. Though their initial meeting had been brief, it was the circumstances surrounded it that had left an impression on him.

He glanced at Sylvie then, a broad smile still fixed on his features as first she, and then Lola, explained their presence. ”Pleasure t’ meet ya, Sylvie, Pons,” Milos replied, giving Pons a quick glance before turning his focus back onto the two women. ”Gus Cormier an’ Lucille lead Krokar as Captains. Sure they’d be happy t’ discuss matters with ya.” He wondered if either of the Captains had heard Lola’s call and thought to wait a moment longer for one of them to appear before beckoning them himself. ”Reckon it won’t be a bother at all t’ have th’ lot o’ ya ‘round for a bit.”

In fact, Milos felt his heart soar at the notion of giving the trio, visitors of a pack such a distance away from their own, a tour of Krokar. He knew little of Casa di Cavalieri, but he felt certain there were enough differences between them to keep both packs interested. He hoped, though, that there were ample similarities to keep everyone in harmony.

[WC: 259]

Mandi
the sun still rises
even through the rain

POSTED: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:07 pm

OOC: you can have him call Lucille for permission. If he communicated that they were from Casa, she'd call back and let him bring them in, so feel free to PP that part. :D They've had a group from Casa visit previously, which included Sylvie.

IC:

Since Lola and Milos knew each other, Sylvie waited with a smile as they briefly caught up. Then she nodded her head when Lola introduced her. She also side eyed Pons when he was introduced; her suspicion of him was ever present. Sylvie also bobbed her head as Milos mentioned the names of the leaders. She remembered them from her previous trip, although she did not speak much then since she had come mainly out of curiosity for a pack whose culture centered around water, and to support Lorenzo and Clara. Part of her wished Lorenzo had come this time, too, but she had not wanted to bother him. There was not much reason for him to come with her anyway.

"Thank you," Sylvie said with a smile. "I was here a while ago, but as support for some of my other pack mates. It will be nice to talk to them." This time, she had her own questions to ask. She had not been in on the discussions last time; instead she did some brief exploring but otherwise it was a fairly quick trip before heading back home on the Avalon. This time, she would be heading home afterwards and leave Lola and Pons to continue the trip by land. The idea still made her feel uneasy.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:54 pm

. L . O . L . A .
Queen of Apologies

With Milos’s warm greeting was distraction enough from the long road ahead of the Diplomat and the dreaded time she’d be spending with Pons, alone. She longed to go back in the recent past, to take a different way home to Casa where Pons hadn’t been able to happen upon her on the road, but that was impossible, and this was her reality now. She could only hope that the rest of her diplomacy trip would go off without a hitch and that Pons would mind his manners. She was mated now and no longer available for his own nefarious schemes. She still didn’t know why he was here after all this time, and she didn’t trust what little answers he did provide, but it was clear she’d have to settle in...come hell or high water.

The bi-colored wolfdog was telling them about the leaders of his pack, though they were called Captains here. Fitting for a pack that seemed to have strong ties to the water. A mated pair? She wondered, assuming their masculine and feminine sounding names identified their specific genders. Or siblings… she continued to silently muse, bobbing her head with a hopeful smile as Milos claimed they’d be okay with their visit and possible stay.

Sylvie thanked the Krokaran and expressed her own intentions of speaking with the Captains. Lola was sure she’d do fine, thinking the ex-pirates own ties to a life of trade and the sea had been the perfect match for the newly established pack. They’d want to communicate with someone who could understand their lifestyle, at least Lola had assumed as much. I heard you have antlered beasts here, reindeer? The Mani inquired, gleaning this information from the last trip her packmates had taken.

ooc: wc:307
silver tongued

X-tian
Luperci
wicked and divine

POSTED: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:57 pm

OOC: Lemme know if I should change anything <3

”That so?” he asked of Sylvie, grinning. Milos looked at her again as though to dredge up some distant memory of her but came up short. Wherever he had been the first time she’d come to Krokar it hadn’t been here. ”Glad we’re meetin’ now,” he said genuinely, glancing back at Lola and her other companion. ”Reckon th’ Captains’ll be pleased t’ see ya back ag’in.”

With the continued absence of either Captain, Milos assumed Lola’s call hadn’t reached their ears. ”Be oversteppin’ my responsibilities if I let ya pass without checkin’ with my Captains first,” he explained apologetically before lifting his head and sounding his own clear call, informing his leaders of their visitors from Casa. The voice that returned his call, characteristic with its heavy dog influence, could only have been Lucille. He smiled at her response and shifted his bright eyes cheerfully back at the trio. ”Seems t’ me that the lot o’ ya have Missus Lucille’s blessin’.”

Beckoning for the Cavaliers to follow him, Milos began the trek into Krokaran territory. He twisted his gaze around at Lola’s inquiry, nodding his head enthusiastically. The Krokaran was no stranger to the curiosity and interest the reindeer seemed to instill in others. ”Ya heard correctly, Missus Lola,” he confirmed, looking ahead of himself once more. ”Big things, caribou. Be glad t’ show ‘em to ya once we get ya settled.” The wolfdog loved to share the caribou with newcomers. ”Did ya get a chance t’ see ‘em last time, Missus Sylvie?”

[WC: 253]

Mandi
the sun still rises
even through the rain

POSTED: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:50 pm

OOC: this seemed like a good stopping point. Feel free to post again, or we can just archive. I'm good with either. :D

IC:
"Of course," Sylvie said with a nod before Milos howled. She did not mind him checking for permission to bring them in. It was the responsible thing to do, and made her feel better about being in the territory as well since the Captains would absolutely know they were there. It didn't take long for their presence to be accepted and Sylvie smiled.

Sylvie listened as Milos described the caribou. She had seen those before, but the idea of keeping them was a bit baffling to her. They were food, but what other uses did they have? Maybe their antlers could be used for things, too. She could ask about them later.

"I did, briefly," Sylvie replied as she followed Milos. "Since I wasn't trying to be the ambassador, I let my packmates take the lead." She had mostly listened, and been a support role in traveling to the pack in the first place, using the ship for part of the way. This time was different, although being able to observe before did not make her less nervous about it this time. Still, she wanted this role so that she could help her pack. The two had much they could offer each other, being of such different cultures, and Sylvie wanted to help foster that relationship.
Sylvie Agnès

Dead Topics