Rainy Nightmares

Morty - Ethereal Eclipse Mar. 9th

POSTED: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:53 am

OOC: Set about 15ish miles southwest of CDC border, in Ethereal Eclipse, evening of march 9th. Sorry if it's a bit rambly! PM if I didn't give enough to work with, I can try and clarify better :D

IC:

Kit sighed aloud, eyes closed in an effort to sleep despite the damp muddy ground that he had decided would be where he spent the night. Howling wind snaking through the dense forest, now littered with branches, and some smaller trees that had not made it through the worse parts of the weather. Holding his sole possession against his stomach, a small, crudely made leather satchel, the male's fur was still soaked from the earlier downpour, a few lines of red along his shoulder. It had not been a large branch, but it had hit him and left a small flesh wound all the same. Mud clung to Kit's legs up to his calves, as well as in a few places where he'd slipped, and fell in the increasingly marshy landscape. The trip had been made on all fours, but as his footing became less sure, shifting to two legs had helped him keep a better hold on the satchel.

Thankfully, the rain had stopped, and if it remained gone, he planned to return back the way he had come from, a little worried that he had only brought a minimal amount of dried meat to sustain him for what he thought would be a short trip. Instead, he had found himself hunkered down under an ancient oak, using it as a shield against the wind, for almost two days. It had only been about two weeks since he'd been freed by Kentaro, his first tentative stepping away from what he considered to be a new home for him. Part of him had been reluctant to leave, terrified that if he stepped too far away, he would find himself being led around by a rope again, but the desire to find out what became of others he used to know, like Axelle, won out in the end.

With thoughts of returning to safety the following day, Kit slowly drifted to sleep, but it would not be a restful one for long. The howl of the wind would slowly become the howl of faceless pursuers in Kit's dreams, causing the coywolf to clutch at the leather satchel all the more, a soft growl drowned out by the wind, a fearful sound rather than an aggressive one. Kit's dream self torn between snapping at the hands that grabbed for him in the dream in self-defense, and not biting to spare himself some imagined punishment.
Image]
Amazing Avi by Owl, equally amazing signature by Nina! :D

POSTED: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:26 am

Morty
  • Word Count: [300+]
  • Date: --
  • Time: --
  • Form: Optime
OOC goes here and other shizz

The storm had raged, angry and petulant like a squalling child. She had seen worst storms, seen worst outcomes but it didn't take away the rage of the now. Nature had a cruel way of crushing things that it created and a storm and flooding was no different. The rivers and streams were bloated, filled to the brim with muddy and turbulent currents that threatened to steal anyone away if they dared to test the currents.

Casa di Cavalieri weathered well, as they always did, but it didn't make it any less chaotic in the castle right now even though the rains had ceased for a time. The injured were being tended to and while it was naturally her place, she had decided to reach out to the wild lands most effected by the storm. She had no doubt there were those that lay stranded or hurt with no way to get home. Her skills for healing were not just for her own pack, while she cared for them first, her talents were for any that she encountered and sometimes she made encounters a little easier.

She caught scent of the first canine when the sun was beginning to get low in the sky. The darkness didn't bother her but it would mean injuries would be harder to see and sometimes she just didn't want that kind of added difficultly. It was just as well, she carried fire starters in her satchel though the availability of dry fuel was hard to rely on.

When she got closer, there was no sharp tang of blood in the air and a stab of disappointment went through her. She always held out the goriest cases that never seemed to go quite her way. She continued regardless, resting a hand on a wet tree. "Are you in need of assistance?" She called into the murky shadows, the wind was beginning to pick up. "I'm a medic." An easy, neutral statement. She was there to help but the scars racing down her back and decorating her face told that she could fight.

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by manicmaya @ flickr

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:45 am

OOC: Bit rambly, but hopefully I gave enough to work with!

IC:

Kit's eyes continued to flutter behind closed lids, heart racing from the nightmare that played out in his sleep, oblivious to the approach of someone to him in reality. Only starting to stir as she called in his direction, the nightmare ending abruptly with the eye widening sensation that one of them had caught him. The involuntary jolt of his body pushing his injured shoulder back into the tree he was leaning against, bringing the coywolf a sharp pain at the bruise rubbing against rough bark. Flinching at the unexpected pain, one of his hands lifting to hold where it hurt, Kit took a few moments to register that someone was nearby, and had mentioned being a medic.

The male's reaction was quick when it clicked, and Kit turned his head upward from his sitting position in the direction of the voice, eyes a little wider than they should have, given her calm voice. A female to match the voice he had heard, Kit's green eyes lingering a little when he noticed the scars, but eventually responded after a pause "I'm... maybe a little. Didn't expect the weather to get this bad again...". Kit's voice was low as his eyes seemed undecided if they wanted to look away, or continue examining the self proclaimed medic.

Part of the male was extremely wary of the stranger, and had almost lied about needing assistance, the wound wasn't that bad after all. With only food for the next morning, and at least two days under good conditions back to his home, Kit was willing to, at least reluctantly, step out on a limb. "My name is Kit." the coywolf would offer, enough of a delay to make it obvious he had almost forgotten to give a proper greeting. From there, he waited, unsure whether he should stand, or wait for the stranger to respond.
Image]

POSTED: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 am

Morty
OOC

Morty let out a bit of sigh when she heard a reply. It was good that he was talking, it meant that the wound wasn't all that bad. And another plus, was that he wasn't screaming. Silence or excessive loudness were both bad, but the silence was worse. The voice sounded wary though, so Morty approached lightly, easing through the entrance, her green eyes widening to acclimate to the dimness. Taking in him, he looked relatively lean, a loner's body but he smelled of Anathema. Her pack would have told her to turn around or end it, but her abilities as healer went beyond the border scuffles between packs.

She crouched down near him, pulling out her satchel in front of her and rummaging within. "Well, it's a good thing I'm here to help." As she got closer, she noticed the shoulder wound. It was nothing serious or life threatening as long as it didn't get infected. And in this wet environment, she had no doubts it would if she didn't clean it up. "Looks like you got in a bit of a scuffle with nature," She smiled broadly, "You came out better than my scuffle with a bear." She gave a snorting laugh and gestured for him to lean forward.

"Compared to some wounds I've seen, this is just a little scratch. Oh boy, these storms can get bad enough that unfortunate canines are bloody impaled by branches and the like. How messed up is that?" The smile on her face seemed to say it wasn't messed up at all. "But lucky for you, you weren't impaled. And you have good old Morty here to help you out." Giving a toothy grin, she began pulled a leather water pouch from her bag. "But first, we gotta clean this up a bit, and this could sting, you ready?" Morty certainly didn't want to get bitten this late in the day.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:13 am

Kit's instincts as ingrained as they were, caused the russet male to become even more still as the female approached close enough to crouch down near him. There was a nervousness in the way the coywolf's eyes would carefully avoid making full eye contact, but still try to steal glances at what the medic was doing. The smile on Morty's face, combined with her voice were both mildly disarming, but being told that she had scuffled with a bear had the opposite effect on Kit. "A.. a bear?" he questioned aloud, concern in his voice, even while he didn't hesitate to follow the stranger's gesture to lean forward.

It wasn't entirely unusual for Kit to feel appraised, even if having his wounds examined wasn't quite the same as being sized up for sale. More concerning to the male was hearing Morty talk of canines being impaled, and catching a glimpse of her smile still spread wide despite the morbid talk. That disconnect stirred worry in the male, a concern that she might not actually be out to help him at all, but intended to hurt him. Ignoring that small voice, Kit remained quite still, and easily moved by any touch that fell on him. With a nod to confirm he had been listening, Kit replied in a compliant voice "Ya, I'll stay still for you."

After having mentally prepared himself for the warned of sting, Kit would turn his head to try and watch what the other canine was doing with the bag she had produced. "Are you from around here?" the male asked out of the blue, hoping to make some sort of small talk to stave off awkward silence.
Image]

POSTED: Fri May 01, 2015 2:12 am

Morty
OOC

Morty went about her business as she listened to him. As much as she was a talker, she was a listener as well. Her patients were often her best informants. The body did all it could to tell her about distress, it swelled and bled and blistered but the words of the patient told her how it all happened. Though, she would get to the details later. Having pulled out both water and a bottle of alcohol, she took a wad of cloth and rubbed the worst of the debris away. Her voice rose again to distract him from the discomfort.

"A bear indeed, nasty thing almost killed me too. But my old mentor came out and saved me, he was a good jolly old chap, and by jolly I mean stern and completely unyielding. He was a good teacher, nonetheless." Morty put aside the cloth and rinsed it with water. She smiled her cheshire grin, "I was a bloodied mess, practically a pulp made of bruises. While I like to see it on others, on me it didn't feel so grand."

She shook her head and picked up the alcohol last, "This one'll be the bitch," She warned before pouring the strong smelling drink on the wound. "But I am from around here, not too long of a walk. Figured I'd take a gander around after the storm and look for loners, my pack is hard as rock. Un-shifting, if you ask me. Stubborn as old oxen as well. But what of you? Do you have any grand old places to be, places you wish you were." Morty doubted being wounded in the woods was an ideal day plan. She capped her bottles of liquid and went about preparing the herbal remedies.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Wed May 20, 2015 4:09 am

OOC: Reaaaaalllly sorry for being so slow with this :(

IC:

Kit watched as Morty made both water, and a bottle of some other liquid appear, flinching lightly as the other canine started to rub away debris from the wound, a light intake of breath poorly hiding the fact that it hurt the coywolf. The russet male had felt worse pain in the distant past, but it had been a while since he'd experienced it. Morty's voice drew some of the male's attention away from the work she was doing, the tale of how she had survived an attack from a bear intriguing enough to Kit. Though the way she grinned at describing the graphic aftermath, and the admission she enjoyed seeing others like that caused a little bit of uneasiness to enter the male's mind. "Doesn't... sound like it would be..." Kit commented, the uneasiness clinging vaguely to his words.

Kit's body tensed as he heard the female's vague warning while lifting up the mystery bottle, it's strong smell giving away it's identity just before the pain of alcohol hitting his wound. A hissing intake of breath through clenched teeth signalling Kit's increased discomfort from the medicine "Weren't kidding...". A few moments of trying not to yelp in pain were all the male needed for the pain to slowly fade into the background, a nagging whisper behind the conversation with the female. Finding out that she was from another pack had caught some of the male's interest, and when asked where he might wish to be, the male's mouth opened as though to speak, only to hesitate.

His first instinct was to say that he was from Anathema, and he wanted to be back in the castle, where it was warm, and probably safer than where he was currently. Yet he also wasn't entirely sure how open he should be with that sort of information, but a moment of thought was enough for Kit to decide to share. She was tending to his injuries after all, if she was going to hurt him, it would have made more sense to not waste the alcohol. "I kind of wish I was back in my room, in my pack... Kind of strange saying 'my pack', was a loner for years, then... something else for more years after, not even a month in Anathema, and I find myself out here." Kit would reply after the noticeable hesitation, only after the last words deciding that he maybe shared more than he would have liked.

"What pack are you from? I'm not too familiar with the area, been away a long time after all." Kit added, as much out of polite curiosity, as a means to steer attention away from himself.
Image]

Dead Topics